Wikiposts

GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Mar 13th 2010, 1:07 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by Goacrazy56
Yes I think you are right,
We must support each other in this.
My heart goes out to the Swedish couple,
Can we get them to join BE??
GC watching and waiting
They have had personal invitations from Dread, Lewis and myself. They thought it was only for British - but we are all in the same boat.
Old Mar 13th 2010, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

Tuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really nice

Originally Posted by leavinggoa
OK, not good. State Government has confiscated, what happens to it then? Maybe more dosh to the illiterate, criminal elements that have been hoodwinking the illiterate, criminal elements of the majority for far too long.
Old Mar 13th 2010, 5:06 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tuvalu
OK, not good. State Government has confiscated, what happens to it then? Maybe more dosh to the illiterate, criminal elements that have been hoodwinking the illiterate, criminal elements of the majority for far too long.
It hasn't actually been confiscated yet - there are a number of stages of appeal to go through before anyone gets the property off of them.
Having met these two fantastic people I know they are going to fight to the end to keep what is theirs......and I for one will be supporting them all the way.

Dread - x
Old Mar 13th 2010, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
It hasn't actually been confiscated yet - there are a number of stages of appeal to go through before anyone gets the property off of them.
Having met these two fantastic people I know they are going to fight to the end to keep what is theirs......and I for one will be supporting them all the way.

Dread - x
Hear Hear!

and btw - DofE are supposed to report to the 'Centre' not the State govt.

AndyD 8-)#
Old Mar 13th 2010, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

iain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really nice

I agree with Noni & the others.

It is not only we Brits who have bought in Goa (and, I am sure, in other parts of India) and have been unable to register sale deeds and been caught out by the ever-changing goalposts regarding foreigners owning a flat / villa (is this just happening in Goa? What about other states)

Let's face it, I doubt very few foreigners (perhaps except some Russians) have actually gone and bought the "swathes" of agricultural land they keep talking about ad nauseam.

And now we have the visa situation to contend with.................

Perhaps there should be an offshoot forum for "foreign expats" - the more, the merrier! Let's hear if other foreign gov'ts are making representation to Delhi about the current situation.........and not just ours......
Old Mar 13th 2010, 10:22 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iain492001
I agree with Noni & the others.

It is not only we Brits who have bought in Goa (and, I am sure, in other parts of India) and have been unable to register sale deeds and been caught out by the ever-changing goalposts regarding foreigners owning a flat / villa (is this just happening in Goa? What about other states)

Let's face it, I doubt very few foreigners (perhaps except some Russians) have actually gone and bought the "swathes" of agricultural land they keep talking about ad nauseam.

And now we have the visa situation to contend with.................

Perhaps there should be an offshoot forum for "foreign expats" - the more, the merrier! Let's hear if other foreign gov'ts are making representation to Delhi about the current situation.........and not just ours......

The British High Commission is liasing with USA and Europe over the property and visa issues.

Everybody is welcome on this site, especially if they have property problems or we can help in any other way.

i.e. except the Trolls
Old Mar 13th 2010, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

gregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nice

Is it so high profile in other states? Or just Goa ?
Old Mar 14th 2010, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by noni
The British High Commission is liasing with USA and Europe over the property and visa issues.

Everybody is welcome on this site, especially if they have property problems or we can help in any other way.

i.e. except the Trolls
As the Dictatorship of Goa seems to flexing its illegal muscle with regards to property confiscation threats which is now involving other European countries perhaps its about time we ALL stepped up our efforts and contacted Europe whilst the iron is hot ?
This matter has been Twittered which is fast becoming the new "email"
( Look up the" 6 degrees of separation" to see how effective properly channelled information can be ! )

K-C

http://www.echr.coe.int/ECHR/EN/Bottom/Contact/

http://www.parliament.uk/directories/directories.cfm

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/member...e1?language=en
Old Mar 15th 2010, 4:43 am
BE Enthusiast

leavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the rough

It's not even high profile in Goa. It's just that more foreigners "bought" here. You have to prove that they are wrong and that you complied with the law in force at the time. And you will need a lot of money, and a lot of years on your side to go to Delhi.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by leavinggoa
It's not even high profile in Goa. It's just that more foreigners "bought" here. You have to prove that they are wrong and that you complied with the law in force at the time. And you will need a lot of money, and a lot of years on your side to go to Delhi.
Yes, you are quite right the Swiss Couple have been fined 2 Laks. appeal April.(cannot appeal until you pay the fine) Not quite sure how many appeals they can make, but the next is 183 day gap. onto one in Panjim 90 days. Then I think Mumbai, probably 183 days then
the Supreme court in Dehli - not doubt being fined everytime, it is completely unfair - LET US KNOW WHERE WE STAND NOW!!! NOT All this fannying about. Giving people strokes, heartattacks, psoriasis etc. all stress related.
We come here, enjoy our holiday, bring our visitors to stay, then in the last few weeks the torture starts again - when they have taken our hard earned cash.

Lets be fair! most of us are getting on in age (or course I am 21) but to spend your golden years
worrying about is not on, when you have spent your hard earned savings on a holiday/reitirement home.

Last edited by noni; Mar 15th 2010 at 5:10 am.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 3:26 am
Just Joined

chablis is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, you are quite right the Swiss Couple have been fined 2 Laks. appeal April.(cannot appeal until you pay the fine) Not quite sure how many appeals they can make, but the next is 183 day gap. onto one in Panjim 90 days. Then I think Mumbai, probably 183 days then
the Supreme court in Dehli - not doubt being fined everytime, it is completely unfair - LET US KNOW WHERE WE STAND NOW!!! NOT All this fannying about. Giving people strokes, heartattacks, psoriasis etc. all stress related.
We come here, enjoy our holiday, bring our visitors to stay, then in the last few weeks the torture starts again - when they have taken our hard earned cash.

Lets be fair! most of us are getting on in age (or course I am 21) but to spend your golden years
worrying about is not on, when you have spent your hard earned savings on a holiday/reitirement home.
GO GIRL GO - NEXT SEASON SHOULD BE VERY INTERESTING!
Old Mar 17th 2010, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by chablis
GO GIRL GO - NEXT SEASON SHOULD BE VERY INTERESTING!
JUST HEARD FROM POPPETJAY THAT THE BBC ARE HERE IN GOA TO REPORT ON THE SCARLETT CASE. THEY HAVE BEEN INFORMED THAT DELhI HAVE NEW INSTRUCTIONS COMING OUT THAT ALL PROPERTY OWNED BY FN IS GOING TO BE CONFISCATED. THEY ARE INTERVIEWING MICK AND NICK IN ALDONA TOMORROW, AND THEY WOULD LIKE AS MANY AS POSSIBLE TO GO ALONG TO SUPPORT THEM. PLEASE ADVISE YOUR FRIENDS IN GOA - SORRY IT IS SHORT NOTICE. POPPETJAY CANNOT GET ON THE NET
WILL GIVE YOU MORE DETAILS WHEN I GET THEM.

SINCERELY HOPE THIS IS NOT TRUE.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 3:27 am
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud of

JUST HEARD FROM POPPETJAY THAT THE BBC ARE HERE IN GOA TO REPORT ON THE SCARLETT CASE. THEY HAVE BEEN INFORMED THAT DELhI HAVE NEW INSTRUCTIONS COMING OUT THAT ALL PROPERTY OWNED BY FN IS GOING TO BE CONFISCATED. THEY ARE INTERVIEWING MICK AND NICK IN ALDONA TOMORROW, AND THEY WOULD LIKE AS MANY AS POSSIBLE TO GO ALONG TO SUPPORT THEM. PLEASE ADVISE YOUR FRIENDS IN GOA - SORRY IT IS SHORT NOTICE. POPPETJAY CANNOT GET ON THE NET
WILL GIVE YOU MORE DETAILS WHEN I GET THEM.

SINCERELY HOPE THIS IS NOT TRUE.
Everyone: bear in mind that the press is the press. They have their own agendas too. Tape your conversations with them if possible, for your own records. Substance is more important than form.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by wheatsheaf
Everyone: bear in mind that the press is the press. They have their own agendas too. Tape your conversations with them if possible, for your own records. Substance is more important than form.
Have been trying all night to contact Nick & Mick lines engaged on all lines.
Have spoken to a legal guy - not an advocate after our money, and he texted me back with this:

All "press misinterpretation" The process of law and defence in terms of legal
provisions cannot be scuttled unless there is a vested political interference on a case the case basis of there is a suspicion of a terrorist link or substantial majority consideration proceeds remitted outside the Reserve bank system. So please remain calm, have faith in God, however keep me posted of your findings/apprehensions

There are some good goan guys out there. Thank you.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 4:48 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

JUST HEARD FROM POPPETJAY THAT THE BBC ARE HERE IN GOA ... THEY ARE INTERVIEWING MICK AND NICK IN ALDONA TOMORROW, AND THEY WOULD LIKE AS MANY AS POSSIBLE TO GO ALONG TO SUPPORT THEM.
Go along where?????????

AndyD 8-)#

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.