Wikiposts

GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Feb 20th 2010, 10:24 am
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by wheatsheaf
Everyone should be free to state their views freely, without being abusive of course. Some views may even be designed to be inciteful, but we are all big enough to deal with them. After all, what better example to our antagonists is there than their own Gandhi?. Perhaps, even a hunger strike in front of the governors palace is called for?

What a good idea, a hunger strike
Yep!! and I'm sure most of the girls on BE would be up for this Wheatsheaf I for one could do with losing a few pound.Perhaps we should camp on CM Kamats door step in Goa go on hunger strike until they give us our deeds and a written reprive stating we have complied with FEMA and we can now all live in peace

Emily Pankurst( GC)second cousin removed
Old Feb 21st 2010, 1:41 am
Just Joined

chablis is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Jings, last time I posted anything on here was when I bought my car IN MY OWN NAME 3 years ago. Trying to follow up on the threads has not been easy! Yes, I was at both meetings with Vikki and hopefully things will move on. I am so sorry that I will be losing so many friends after this season as they will not be back in India due to the visa issues. Not sure what it is all about even though I live here - don't think anyone understands it fully! Latest I know is a friend of mine that was on a 1 year tourist visa with the dreaded 180 day stamp - she is now stuck in Dubai as the airline would not fly her back here, even though she was not 'stamped' with the 2 month clause.
I need to take time to read through all the blogs perhaps!
Keep strong and we will all 'get there in the end'!
Old Feb 21st 2010, 2:08 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chablis
Jings, last time I posted anything on here was when I bought my car IN MY OWN NAME 3 years ago. Trying to follow up on the threads has not been easy! Yes, I was at both meetings with Vikki and hopefully things will move on. I am so sorry that I will be losing so many friends after this season as they will not be back in India due to the visa issues. Not sure what it is all about even though I live here - don't think anyone understands it fully! Latest I know is a friend of mine that was on a 1 year tourist visa with the dreaded 180 day stamp - she is now stuck in Dubai as the airline would not fly her back here, even though she was not 'stamped' with the 2 month clause.
I need to take time to read through all the blogs perhaps!
Keep strong and we will all 'get there in the end'!
Welcome back Chablis! It seems we have quite a few new members since the BHC meeting, although many do not post. I am still waiting for a reply to our email to them, outlining all our readers questions. hope we will hear this week, or will have to give them a nudge.
It is sad that a lot of people are selling up, and others who rent are not returning next season. I just hope the situation can be saved for us all
Indians/Goans and FN's as everybody is going to loose out.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 2:14 am
Just Joined

chablis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Noni
thanks for that! I did in fact give Vikki a list of my issues naming and shaming builders etc and also my real name, phone number and email address but as yet heard nothing in reply. Guess she is too busy in New Zealand now!
Old Feb 21st 2010, 3:13 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Noni
thanks for that! I did in fact give Vikki a list of my issues naming and shaming builders etc and also my real name, phone number and email address but as yet heard nothing in reply. Guess she is too busy in New Zealand now!
Sent everything on the Forum to Simon who asked me to let him have details, as you know he had been viewing BE. He is Head of Operations in Goa, and the details have gone to his personal email address - we can but hope.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 3:38 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by oddjob1952
call yourself an expat and you do not know what hasshing is shame on you
well I for one know what ON ON and HASHing is - 100 plus Dry Runs in Saudi and I've got the T shirt to prove it <g>.
In my opinion your posts so far do not meet the level of civility I would expect from a HASHer.

AndyD 8-)#
Old Feb 21st 2010, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by a_f_d
well I for one know what ON ON and HASHing is - 100 plus Dry Runs in Saudi and I've got the T shirt to prove it <g>.
In my opinion your posts so far do not meet the level of civility I would expect from a HASHer.

AndyD 8-)#
Could not imagine any of our HASHers doing a dry run in Saudi. Know they have been to Goa.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 9:13 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Noni
Hi Chablis

Welcome back !
I think Vicki is no longer dealing with the issue and the reins are being taken up by her predecessor Peter BECKINGHAM, as well as Simon Ferrand.
I guess we need to give the new guy at least a little while to get to grips with the full issues here.
Have you voted on the Save Goa poll yet? If you haven't please do, and also send your story to Lewis Belworth. pm him if you need more details.

Good on you for stepping forward to the BHC.

Dread - keep naming and shaming the baddies
x
Old Feb 24th 2010, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

BenchBkk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All, new on here and would be great full of some info

Not been to Goa for about 5 years for personal reasons (miss it to **** or the way it was then) but I do have an app there.

Anyway never managed to stay there for the 181 days to transfer into my name, so my app is still on the 5 year renewable lease, bought from Acron in about 02.

Been reading all the sh!te you are all going through with all the changes to visas, 2 month stay out etc and don't think I want to return to all that cr@p, it's bad enough where I am now but at least I can stay without leaving

My questions are, Can I sell and who too? am I right in saying I can only sell to an Indian national? or are they the only ones buying?

What are the property prices doing at the moment? and can anyone recommend a good honest agent?..

Good luck to you all there hope it changes for the better soon

Thanks for any input
Old Feb 25th 2010, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

harry1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BenchBkk
Hi All, new on here and would be great full of some info

Not been to Goa for about 5 years for personal reasons (miss it to **** or the way it was then) but I do have an app there.

Anyway never managed to stay there for the 181 days to transfer into my name, so my app is still on the 5 year renewable lease, bought from Acron in about 02.

Been reading all the sh!te you are all going through with all the changes to visas, 2 month stay out etc and don't think I want to return to all that cr@p, it's bad enough where I am now but at least I can stay without leaving

My questions are, Can I sell and who too? am I right in saying I can only sell to an Indian national? or are they the only ones buying?

What are the property prices doing at the moment? and can anyone recommend a good honest agent?..

Good luck to you all there hope it changes for the better soon

Thanks for any input
hi,
if understand you have only sales agreement,what is more easy to sell,there is but,you can t sell directly to anyone,you have to compromise first with the promoter(acron) ,they will sell it on your behalf,because you not owning officially the flat.i m sure they will ask for bit of the cake,but more important thing is to get your money and+ for your flat.the prices for flats went up 3 time the original price.mind you acron they good,you should not have a problem with them.all what can i say,is good luck and be wise.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by harry1
hi,
if understand you have only sales agreement,what is more easy to sell,there is but,you can t sell directly to anyone,you have to compromise first with the promoter(acron) ,they will sell it on your behalf,because you not owning officially the flat.i m sure they will ask for bit of the cake,but more important thing is to get your money and+ for your flat.the prices for flats went up 3 time the original price.mind you acron they good,you should not have a problem with them.all what can i say,is good luck and be wise.
... and you will of course have to pay capital gains tax on any profits, and afaik leave the remainder of the profit in India to spend as and when you wish. You should be able to repatriate the original amount.
Anyone know different???

AndyD 8-)#
Old Feb 25th 2010, 10:19 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by a_f_d
... and you will of course have to pay capital gains tax on any profits, and afaik leave the remainder of the profit in India to spend as and when you wish. You should be able to repatriate the original amount.
Anyone know different???

AndyD 8-)#
That is of course if you have your FIRC for monies sent to purchase the property
GC
Old Feb 25th 2010, 10:33 pm
Account Closed

Thanks to Eddie from Goanvoice
the link for the article reported by msj5.Is this the article?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/90182908@N00/4389603598/

GC Thanks Eddie very greatful

Last edited by Goacrazy56; Feb 25th 2010 at 10:43 pm.
Old Feb 26th 2010, 1:57 pm

One of our Members who is working very hard behind the scenes, sent me this pm. " I got a 2 minute meeting with home sec Alan Johnson who promised to speak to Milliband ! Can you post that an " expats" member had a private meeting with the home secretary who is going to refer our issue to David Milliband

On behalf of us all thanks for that and all your hard work, there are so many BE members beavering around in the background.:thumbsup:
Old Feb 26th 2010, 8:52 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by noni
One of our Members who is working very hard behind the scenes, sent me this pm. " I got a 2 minute meeting with home sec Alan Johnson who promised to speak to Milliband ! Can you post that an " expats" member had a private meeting with the home secretary who is going to refer our issue to David Milliband

On behalf of us all thanks for that and all your hard work, there are so many BE members beavering around in the background.:thumbsup:
This is excellent noni who ever the member is thank you,we just need to keep chipping away
GC feeling positive

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.