Wikiposts

GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Jun 9th 2009, 11:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

I had to cut the petition down a lot to meet the size limits.
It has been submitted and:
Thank you for creating your petition

It has been entered on our system and will now go to the Number 10 team for approval.
AndyD 8-)#
Old Jun 10th 2009, 12:25 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by a_f_d
I had to cut the petition down a lot to meet the size limits.
It has been submitted and:

AndyD 8-)#
Hi Andy,
Thanks for that, can we please see what you have said.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 12:34 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by noni
Hi Andy,
Thanks for that, can we please see what you have said.
If it's accepted you can see it on the Downing Street site - and anywhere else I can think of to post it <G>

AndyD
Old Jun 10th 2009, 12:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by a_f_d
If it's accepted you can see it on the Downing Street site - and anywhere else I can think of to post it <G>

AndyD
Thanks Andy for your hard work, in anticipation of the New petition being accepted do you have the Title yet ?

K-C
Old Jun 10th 2009, 4:26 am
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by babu1
As far as "normal banking channels " are concerned, where is this in FEMA?
My mistake, it isn't in FEMA, It's on the RBI's immovable property FAQ page:

http://www.rbi.org.in/scripts/FAQView.aspx?Id=33#3

The payment for acquiring such a property should be made by way of foreign inward remittance through proper banking channel.

I actually said 'normal' banking channels, the RBI page says 'proper' banking channels.

Regards

Hemingway
Old Jun 10th 2009, 5:42 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hemingway
My mistake, it isn't in FEMA, It's on the RBI's immovable property FAQ page:

http://www.rbi.org.in/scripts/FAQView.aspx?Id=33#3

The payment for acquiring such a property should be made by way of foreign inward remittance through proper banking channel.

I actually said 'normal' banking channels, the RBI page says 'proper' banking channels.

Regards

Hemingway
?????? Why do the RBI allowing funds through 'proper banking channels' to be sent to Goa - when it is illegal for FN's to purchase property .
Old Jun 10th 2009, 5:48 am
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of

?????? Why do the RBI allowing funds through 'proper banking channels' to be sent to Goa - when it is illegal for FN's to purchase property .
To be fair to them, though why I should bother I don't know - they aren't fair to us, the quote was in reference to how a foreign company with an Indian branch office should 'pay' for the purchase of a property.

Regards

Hemingway
Old Jun 10th 2009, 5:51 am

To be fair to them, though why I should bother I don't know - they aren't fair to us, the quote was in reference to how a foreign company with an Indian branch office should 'pay' for the purchase of a property.

Regards

Hemingway
Just keeping you on your toes.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 5:57 am
I love apathy!

Originally Posted by linney52
hi Hemingway - i have looked ar the lease agreement ,it does state that the lease will be renewed every 5 years untill such time i am able to buy the property , does this agreement need to be logged with a solicitor? do you know what makes it a legal document . Thank you for all your advice. linny
Hi Linney,

My honest answer is I don't know - due to my situation I've had a look at the lease option but I really don't like the idea of having paid 'FREEHOLD' money for a 5 year lease. I don't know if there is any way of getting a lease agreement registered like FNs 'used' to be able to get sale agreements or 'sale deeds' registered - A 'trustowrthy' (good luck in your search to find one) advocate may be able to advise you what makes it a 'legal' document. You could do with some advice from an Acron lease holder - I'm not even sure if lease holders can get the electricity bill & house tax bill in their own names.

Regards

Hemingway
Old Jun 10th 2009, 7:02 am
Just Joined

linney52 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Linney,

My honest answer is I don't know - due to my situation I've had a look at the lease option but I really don't like the idea of having paid 'FREEHOLD' money for a 5 year lease. I don't know if there is any way of getting a lease agreement registered like FNs 'used' to be able to get sale agreements or 'sale deeds' registered - A 'trustowrthy' (good luck in your search to find one) advocate may be able to advise you what makes it a 'legal' document. You could do with some advice from an Acron lease holder - I'm not even sure if lease holders can get the electricity bill & house tax bill in their own names.

Regards

Hemingway
hi
thanks for your reply hemingway ,i guess it's a bit of a mess ,i think the blame should lie with the estate agents that are still selling to fns in the uk i rang them to enquire about a property on their site ,they would still sell to me and said that none of their customers have had any problems ,what a load of bull ,they should be stopped .

linney
Old Jun 10th 2009, 7:11 am

hi
thanks for your reply hemingway ,i guess it's a bit of a mess ,i think the blame should lie with the estate agents that are still selling to fns in the uk i rang them to enquire about a property on their site ,they would still sell to me and said that none of their customers have had any problems ,what a load of bull ,they should be stopped .

linney
Email the name of the Estate Agents to [email protected]. Mail on Sunday are interested in our stories. I think these people should be exposed as ......... rats.

Any of you with stories just email the above.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 7:13 am
I love apathy!

i rang them to enquire about a property on their site ,they would still sell to me and said that none of their customers have had any problems ,what a load of bull ,they should be stopped.linney
Hi Linney,

Yep, Steve Wood (Meltham, Huddersfield - I think) will still 'sell' you a property as will Knight Knox International in Manchester. I personally know at least TWO FN couples who have bought in the last two & a half years, stayed in their properties, got their deeds & not had any problems whatsoever - one of the couples is particularly oblivious to the situation & doesn't want to know about it.

Where 'were' you considering 'buying' ?

Regards

Hemingway
Old Jun 10th 2009, 7:37 am

Hi Linney,

Yep, Steve Wood (Meltham, Huddersfield - I think) will still 'sell' you a property as will Knight Knox International in Manchester. I personally know at least TWO FN couples who have bought in the last two & a half years, stayed in their properties, got their deeds & not had any problems whatsoever - one of the couples is particularly oblivious to the situation & doesn't want to know about it.

Where 'were' you considering 'buying' ?

Regards

Hemingway
Linney we got our deeds registered, to years later the D of E stated to investigate all those registered that year and are working backwards
{) from the year of our Registration and investigating everybody - those who are sitting thinking they have got away with it are in for a shock. There is a list of all those registered, and the D of E is working through it.

The lucky ones are those on a lease who can resell with the help of the builder - but, of course, it will cost you. The likes of us are right up the creek without a paddle.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Linney we got our deeds registered, to years later the D of E stated to investigate all those registered that year and are working backwards
{) from the year of our Registration and investigating everybody - those who are sitting thinking they have got away with it are in for a shock. There is a list of all those registered, and the D of E is working through it.

The lucky ones are those on a lease who can resell with the help of the builder - but, of course, it will cost you. The likes of us are right up the creek without a paddle.
Hi Noni,

I know i should know the answer to this but my brain is totally pickled so forgive me for asking but why can't you sell to a pio etc?

If youve got the deeds etc just sell and let the pio try and sort the mess out! Would this not work?

Old Jun 10th 2009, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland
Hi Noni,

I know i should know the answer to this but my brain is totally pickled so forgive me for asking but why can't you sell to a pio etc?

If youve got the deeds etc just sell and let the pio try and sort the mess out! Would this not work?

WELL - I suppose I could (take the money and disappear if I was dishonest) BUT this is what happened to my friend.

She sold to a GOAN living in Goa. Cash in her bank account. Goes with the Goan to register a week later, and the registra threw her file on the floor and said he would not register it as she was WHITE. The Goan said to him, that he WAS Goan. NO,. the deeds could not be registered, now at this stage she could have gone off with the money.

Anyway, she was one of the lucky ones as this apartment had NOT been registered. Eventually the Sale Agreement was reverted back to the builders name, only after a couple of grand had been passed over. Now all is o.k.

WE CAN'T DO THAT AS OUR DEEDS ARE REGISTERED.

I am sure there are some suckers out there who will pay up in cash and then if you are dishonest you can bring your cash back, (or have it paid into your UK bank account) if you are willing to take a chance. Could not live with myself if I did that

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.