Wikiposts

GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Feb 18th 2010, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

WHAT MORE CAN ANYONE SAY !!!!!! I really cant wait to see what is going to happen to Goa now and with people like this on this forum there is nothing more to say.
well i could say it but it would get printed......
I am so sick of do gooders saying all this s..t please dont even go there we have heard it all before, I know what i did was right, and legal, no back handers to anyone so please shut up.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 4:45 am
Just Joined

oddjob1952 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wheatsheaf
God save us from re hashing the causes at odd times which is making it more of a job to relax in Goa.
Hashing now your taking "ON ON"
Old Feb 18th 2010, 4:50 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Here we go again!

What is with these people who join the forum with the sole purposes of rubbing peoples noses in it?

And why are they always Indian/PIO/OCI status?

And why do they always include incorrect information ("why did you not apply for resident visas")?

It seems that our moderators get rid of one and another pops up straight away.

Can I suggest pulling legs off of spiders as an alternative form of cruelty? And you wont even have to get your facts right................
Old Feb 18th 2010, 5:07 am
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

Originally Posted by johnny five
Here we go again!

What is with these people who join the forum with the sole purposes of rubbing peoples noses in it?

And why do they always include incorrect information ("why did you not apply for resident visas")?

Can I suggest pulling legs off of spiders as an alternative form of cruelty? And you wont even have to get your facts right................
I had a "residential permit" for 6 years and had the privilage of getting 20% of internal flights, that was taken from me when they only gave me a 6 month tourist visa last year instead of renewing my 5 year X visa.
getting really p..d with these people tooJ5 mental torture springs to mind, got enough on my plate at the moment without this s...t and im reaaly restraining myself now, i'd love to get them in a room witha load of us and then let them argue the toss....
Old Feb 18th 2010, 5:10 am
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by johnny five
Here we go again!

There's one good thing that comes from having 'oddjob' post here. (A) It gives clear evidence of the misinformation he and his ilk live under. (B) It shows he is not as fair and open minded as he thinks he is and (C) his character is so ordinary that he has no future, outside of relishing in others problems.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 5:12 am
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by oddjob1952
Hashing now your taking "ON ON"
Im sorry oddjob. What is 'on on'? Not a term Im familiar with so please explain.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 2:10 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Im sorry oddjob. What is 'on on'? Not a term Im familiar with so please explain.
Yes, like many others we had a residents permit when we purchased and held it for five years, like you poppetjay. Oddjob - many of the people who are on this site are PIO's and are fighting to help us, as they live in complexes with other FN's and see the suffering and distress of their neighbours. So please if you are only here to winde people up - please stop. If you can give useful correct information we would all be greatful. Thank you.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 5:04 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

I would just like to point out to 'Odd job' -

Your name is quite befitting to you - well the 'ODD' part anyway - some of your posts are extremely 'odd' ! I like to think that my level of edcuational qualifications have afforded me some mastery of the English language, however I am at a loss as to the interpratation of some of your written 'Quasi English' eg 'ON ON' ??????

Firstly the very fact that the majority of people who have purchased properties in Goa have not tried to be 'smart' as you so put it - they actually CONSULTED licensed professionals such as lawyers, bankers, accountants etc, and PAID these licensed professionals for their advice and services - surely these professionals should be ethically and legally accountable for ensuring they give correct advice? Isn't this a basic expectation of any client paying for a service wherever they be in this world? If you find this observation is at odds with your own viewpoint, perhaps you could fully explain why ?
The consultation with these professionals is the obvious key indication that those people have set out with full intent to act with total adherence to the laws of the land.

As for your comment about 'where in the world would you be allowed to buy Property on a tourist visa?', well here are a few places :
UK
USA
Carribean
Brazil
South Africa
France
Spain
Portugal (Jolly ironic this one !! see below !)
Greece
Turkey
UAE
Oman

Just a few off the top of my head !

Oh the irony of Portugal - some of those licensed professionals who have shafted us with their bent advice and deliberate falsities have purchased their villas in Portugal - on TOURIST VISAS !!

So Oddjob - welcome to our little community here, but do please work on your research before you spout off about issues such as law - there are some of us who know better than you !! Oh and please try not to be smug - it's very upsetting for your fellow human beings....

Dread - living in this world and not in a space oddity !!!
xx

Last edited by dreadsoc; Feb 18th 2010 at 6:13 pm.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

call yourself an expat and you do not know what hasshing is shame on you
Old Feb 18th 2010, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by noni
Yes, like many others we had a residents permit when we purchased and held it for five years, like you poppetjay. Oddjob - many of the people who are on this site are PIO's and are fighting to help us, as they live in complexes with other FN's and see the suffering and distress of their neighbours. So please if you are only here to winde people up - please stop. If you can give useful correct information we would all be greatful. Thank you.
I am not trying to rub peoples nose in it but I get p****d off when "some by no means all" think being British allows them to bad mouth Indian,s just because they have been found to be holding incorrect or no paperwork at all to allow them to live in india on a tourist visa.
If I was not married to an Indian i would not get mad if I was not allowed to live in india as there would not be a connection.
How do think people in the UK feel when OUTSIDERS come in and try to rule the roost ie we Muslims should be allowed to run our lives as we see fit and use our laws not the laws of the land.
Some of you on here and again I say not all think that being British allows you bad mouth and run round like the British Raj is alive and well, well it an'it.

So if you want to have me booted off for having a option which you do not agree with go ahead.

But just think about how the Idians feel when some on here call them "their all savages"

So just to rub some of your stuck up noses in it "TOUGH" and can I buy you out with a discount?
My reasion for posting in the first place was not to rub your noses in it but to put the point India belongs to Indians not the British any longer.

So good bye and good luck to those who are trying to overturn incorrect or bad advise given in the past and to those who bad mounth and slag of Indians for running their own country as they see fit " see you at a local UK airport some time soon" lol

OJ

please feel free to black ball me from your Goa "Bitching" forum anytime you want as I have had my rant.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 11:07 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

If I was not married to an Indian i would not get mad if I was not allowed to live in india as there would not be a connection.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Oddjob we bought here because we loved the people and the culture.
Our world was rosie until the rules were changed (retrospectively) after we had our deeds registered and the Government had taken our 'stamp duty', we still live peacefully with our Indian friends and Staff, and they are disgusted about the way FN's are being treated. Those in business know that this will be the death knell for them.

Just another fact, we have nephews who are married to Indian's and our grandchildren have indian friends, and attend the local Mela's in full sari's and the boys in Sahara T Shirts, which go down a storm. They receive a warm welcome like we welcome our Indian family and friends to our home.

Last edited by noni; Feb 18th 2010 at 11:10 pm.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 11:19 pm
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by oddjob1952
I am not trying to rub peoples nose in it but I get p****d off when "some by no means all" think being British allows them to bad mouth Indian,s just because they have been found to be holding incorrect or no paperwork at all to allow them to live in india on a tourist visa.
How do think people in the UK feel when OUTSIDERS come in and try to rule the roost ie we Muslims should be allowed to run our lives as we see fit and use our laws not the laws of the land.
Some of you on here and again I say not all think that being British allows you bad mouth and run round like the British Raj is alive and well, well it an'it.

So if you want to have me booted off for having a option which you do not agree with go ahead.

But just think about how the Idians feel when some on here call them "their all savages"

So just to rub some of your stuck up noses in it "TOUGH" and can I buy you out with a discount?
My reasion for posting in the first place was not to rub your noses in it but to put the point India belongs to Indians not the British any longer.

So good bye and good luck to those who are trying to overturn incorrect or bad advise given in the past and to those who bad mounth and slag of Indians for running their own country as they see fit " see you at a local UK airport some time soon" lol

OJ

please feel free to black ball me from your Goa "Bitching" forum anytime you want as I have had my rant.
Hi Oddjob
No one is going to blackball for having a rant we are demacratic on this site.What is being pointed out to you on here is facts.Can i suggest you study the FEMA before you quote on here about a subject i don't think you have full knowledge of the situation
Keep posting nice to have another point of view but stick to fact and truth

GC Still fighting for what is legally mine

Last edited by Goacrazy56; Feb 18th 2010 at 11:24 pm.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 11:58 pm
Just Joined

lizze is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello this the my first post so bear with me. I was at the meeting and was surprised at the amount of people there. the first thing when i returned HOME I joined Expats. I know that we are all in the same boat trying to keep our Homes. what really got my Dander up was ODDJOB wow he is no nasty. I just had to say I think the people that matter put him in his place
Old Feb 19th 2010, 12:07 am
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lizze
Hello this the my first post so bear with me. I was at the meeting and was surprised at the amount of people there. the first thing when i returned HOME I joined Expats. I know that we are all in the same boat trying to keep our Homes. what really got my Dander up was ODDJOB wow he is no nasty. I just had to say I think the people that matter put him in his place
Hi lizze and welcome.
You are so right we are all in the same boat and this is what it's about sink or swim
have you voted on our Poll yet? Once you have made 3 posts you can then PM Lewis with your story.It is in total confidence no names or your identity needs to be given.
Don't worry about oddjob,we do get people on here that post their comments before being in full knowledge of the facts.I think once he has read the FEMA act and digested it fully he will be enlightened and I hope he comes back with a different song to sing,that of course if takes the time to fully understand it.
Keep Posting girl!!
GC still fighting for what is legally and rightfully mine
Old Feb 19th 2010, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by lizze
Hi Lizze - welcome to BE. We have had quite a few new members since the meeting with the British Consulate - please keep posting and let us know your position. There are many people on here Indians included which have been fleeced by their builders, those who can according to authorities officially own property in India, we hope to try and discuss everybodys problems, and warn others to keep away from these people.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.