GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Jan 1st 2010, 12:06 am
  #2866  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 214
Banyan has a spectacular aura aboutBanyan has a spectacular aura aboutBanyan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Non-Indian-Origin FN's who own property in India are also not eligible for Tourist visas
UNLESS THEY START ALLOWING US 'X' VISAS AGAIN THIS IS WORSE THAN CLOSING THE REGISTRY; WORSE THAN GETTING A SHOW CAUSE NOTICE; WORSE THAN BEING INVESTIGATED BY THE DofE; WORSE THAN GETTING A CONFISCATION NOTICE (you can challege that).
YOU JUST WON'T LEGALLY BE ABLE TO GET INTO INDIA


AndyD 8-(#[/QUOTE]

OMG! This is very worrying!

Just where is all this going?

Last edited by noni; Mar 21st 2010 at 7:29 pm.
Banyan is offline  
Old Jan 1st 2010, 12:37 am
  #2867  
 
noni's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Noni the Indian Goan Beach Mulberry
Posts: 8,227
noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by a_f_d

SHAFTED!!!!!


AndyD 8-(#
"I DON'T BELIEVE IT" AS MR. MELDREW WOULD SAY.

WTF is going on, the place we love and save for each year is doing this to us, and I thought it could not get any worse, and we can't even walk away and give our property to a poor local.

HELP!!


VERY unhappy and confused Noni
noni is offline  
Old Jan 1st 2010, 2:24 am
  #2868  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 701
wheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud of
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by noni
"I DON'T BELIEVE IT" AS MR. MELDREW WOULD SAY.

WTF is going on, the place we love and save for each year is doing this to us, and I thought it could not get any worse, and we can't even walk away and give our property to a poor local.

HELP!!


VERY unhappy and confused Noni
Are they suggesting business visas for FNs with property?
wheatsheaf is offline  
Old Jan 1st 2010, 2:29 am
  #2869  
Account Closed
 
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 1,146
Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by wheatsheaf
Are they suggesting business visas for FNs with property?
Even a business visa are like Rocking horse sh!t,they are not giving these out if you haven't had one before,I was told this when applying last year
It not getting worse,It;s looking very bloody grim
GC

Last edited by Goacrazy56; Jan 1st 2010 at 2:30 am. Reason: Goa ain't what it used to be
Goacrazy56 is offline  
Old Jan 1st 2010, 2:37 am
  #2870  
Account Closed
 
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 1,146
Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by a_f_d
PIO's can get X visas or possibly a PIO card either of which would exempt them from the 2mth embargo, most FN's can't. In fact if the PIO has property in India they must get a PIO card or X visa because they would not be eligible for a T visa.
Non-Indian-Origin FN's who own property in India are also not eligible for Tourist visas
UNLESS THEY START ALLOWING US 'X' VISAS AGAIN THIS IS WORSE THAN CLOSING THE REGISTRY; WORSE THAN GETTING A SHOW CAUSE NOTICE; WORSE THAN BEING INVESTIGATED BY THE DofE; WORSE THAN GETTING A CONFISCATION NOTICE (you can challege that).
YOU JUST WON'T LEGALLY BE ABLE TO GET INTO INDIA


AndyD 8-(#
100% agree
This is extremely serious, they have us all ways now with this new ruling
GC
bloody sick of India Goa
Goacrazy56 is offline  
Old Jan 1st 2010, 8:05 am
  #2871  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 56
GermanFool is a splendid one to beholdGermanFool is a splendid one to beholdGermanFool is a splendid one to beholdGermanFool is a splendid one to beholdGermanFool is a splendid one to beholdGermanFool is a splendid one to beholdGermanFool is a splendid one to beholdGermanFool is a splendid one to beholdGermanFool is a splendid one to beholdGermanFool is a splendid one to beholdGermanFool is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Wow. They're acting fast now. I sense a lot of determination.
Closing in from all sides.
There goes my last hope to at least go there one final time to sort out my stuff.
GermanFool is offline  
Old Jan 1st 2010, 6:34 pm
  #2872  
Just Joined
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 10
Birdy num num is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

THE GATEWAY TO INDIA HAS FINALLY BEEN SLAMMED SHUT [COLOR="Black"]At least for all those poor souls who are known by the authorities to "own" property there. I think it is safe to assume they will never get another tourist visa to visit again. So what can they do,apart from try HM Government for help/sympathy? Again it is common knowledge that all countries have the right to refuse entry by visa, without having to give any valid reason. They are ALL totally stuffed...

I can only suggest that like Douglas M, they cut their losses and try and get out all the goods and chattels they can, through other FN friends already there.... You all know that if you try and sell anything to the goans, you might be lucky to get 1/10th of the actual value!
( I have ALREADY heard of one enterprising money exchanger offering complete house clearance purchases!!)

THERE IS ANOTHER OPTION...A bit more radical, but it would at least hurt india's tourism as much as they have hurt us all......Why dont you all get together, and arrange a MASSIVE bonfire of furniture, linen, beds mattresses and all other burnable stuff and not offer a bloody thing for sale???? ...and then invite the World's Press to the event? Make it somewhere prominent!!
It would surely get headlines around the world?? In this poverty stricken country it would serve them right to see all those luxury items go up in smoke? (It would also add to india's already massive carbon footprint!) WHY GIVE AWAY YOUR GOODS TO ANY OF THEM???? I am sorry I sound bitter, but i know how many of you are in the same state of shock that i witnessed with Douglas and his missus....(with their 30kgs each and they were still hugely insulted when they left India through Mumbai Airport!!)

For those of you currently in "Zimbabwe by sea", you at least have a few weeks or even months to try and sort out your possessions. You can kiss goodbye to the properties, cos you wont get back in to Goa once you try and attempt to get another visa either!!...My guess is that the Indian High Commissions will be studying ALL passports and counting the number of entries you have all visited India/Goa and will just blatantly delay or refuse you more entries into the country, of course at their complete and absolute discretion!

I think we all knew it was coming in one form or another, but this visa
" final solution" is so bloody tough to swallow for you all. It means it doesnt matter about any of their laws on FEMA or any other ways round it such as business visas...they will just block you from the Indian high commissions in the UK, without having to give any reason whatsoever.
SO PLEASE JUST THINK ABOUT THE BRITISH BULLDOG ATTITUDE, AND BITE SOME GOAN ASS EH?

Someone mentioned a few posts ago that we all should "name and shame them"...especially the bloody advocates who assured us all that "everything was possible"...I personally got stung 4 times the going rate for forming a company, and know of another British couple who were charged 2 effing lakhs a year just to have their registered office based at the advocate's office (!!)...(they werent even given the choice either!!)

I will happily post his name/address on this site, (of course with the moderator's permission first)...at least that way we could all discover who the real villains have been! I bet i shared the same advocate with a hell of a lot of you!
OK we all made mistakes, but most of us paid top dollar for CRAP advice ..maybe a little demonstration outside their offices wouldnt go amiss either? (I am not suggesting firebombs you understand, just purely giving them some shit too!! There is lots of that all over Panjim just waiting to be hurled!! Talking of which, I am sure you ALL will want to leave "your" ex properties in a "pristine state...(cow dung is quite nice when applied evenly...)

SORRY EVERYONE..I AM HOPPING MAD AT THE DEVIOUSNESS OF HOW THEY ARE GOING TO RID GOA OF ALL FNS AND TAKE ALL THEIR PROPERTIES AND POSSESSIONS!

(Another theory went out the window this week where it was assumed that True Axis (The Ruskies in Morjim) were not going to get stung due to their political connections, and that all us small Brits would be kicked out as a token gesture to the Goan people....it was quite heartwarming to learn that this week, the True Axis property is gonna be bulldozed to the ground by the Goan authorities......)

The few of us who did manage to get out realise how terrible your situation is and can only rant about revenge....before you even loose THAT opportunity..
(kick some ass eh???)http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/sr...lies/frown.gif

Birdy
Birdy num num is offline  
Old Jan 1st 2010, 8:44 pm
  #2873  
BE Forum Addict
 
Remy-Ireland's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,685
Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by Birdy num num
THE GATEWAY TO INDIA HAS FINALLY BEEN SLAMMED SHUT [COLOR="Black"]At least for all those poor souls who are known by the authorities to "own" property there. I think it is safe to assume they will never get another tourist visa to visit again. So what can they do,apart from try HM Government for help/sympathy? Again it is common knowledge that all countries have the right to refuse entry by visa, without having to give any valid reason. They are ALL totally stuffed...

I can only suggest that like Douglas M, they cut their losses and try and get out all the goods and chattels they can, through other FN friends already there.... You all know that if you try and sell anything to the goans, you might be lucky to get 1/10th of the actual value!
( I have ALREADY heard of one enterprising money exchanger offering complete house clearance purchases!!)

THERE IS ANOTHER OPTION...A bit more radical, but it would at least hurt india's tourism as much as they have hurt us all......Why dont you all get together, and arrange a MASSIVE bonfire of furniture, linen, beds mattresses and all other burnable stuff and not offer a bloody thing for sale???? ...and then invite the World's Press to the event? Make it somewhere prominent!!
It would surely get headlines around the world?? In this poverty stricken country it would serve them right to see all those luxury items go up in smoke? (It would also add to india's already massive carbon footprint!) WHY GIVE AWAY YOUR GOODS TO ANY OF THEM???? I am sorry I sound bitter, but i know how many of you are in the same state of shock that i witnessed with Douglas and his missus....(with their 30kgs each and they were still hugely insulted when they left India through Mumbai Airport!!)

For those of you currently in "Zimbabwe by sea", you at least have a few weeks or even months to try and sort out your possessions. You can kiss goodbye to the properties, cos you wont get back in to Goa once you try and attempt to get another visa either!!...My guess is that the Indian High Commissions will be studying ALL passports and counting the number of entries you have all visited India/Goa and will just blatantly delay or refuse you more entries into the country, of course at their complete and absolute discretion!

I think we all knew it was coming in one form or another, but this visa
" final solution" is so bloody tough to swallow for you all. It means it doesnt matter about any of their laws on FEMA or any other ways round it such as business visas...they will just block you from the Indian high commissions in the UK, without having to give any reason whatsoever.
SO PLEASE JUST THINK ABOUT THE BRITISH BULLDOG ATTITUDE, AND BITE SOME GOAN ASS EH?

Someone mentioned a few posts ago that we all should "name and shame them"...especially the bloody advocates who assured us all that "everything was possible"...I personally got stung 4 times the going rate for forming a company, and know of another British couple who were charged 2 effing lakhs a year just to have their registered office based at the advocate's office (!!)...(they werent even given the choice either!!)

I will happily post his name/address on this site, (of course with the moderator's permission first)...at least that way we could all discover who the real villains have been! I bet i shared the same advocate with a hell of a lot of you!
OK we all made mistakes, but most of us paid top dollar for CRAP advice ..maybe a little demonstration outside their offices wouldnt go amiss either? (I am not suggesting firebombs you understand, just purely giving them some shit too!! There is lots of that all over Panjim just waiting to be hurled!! Talking of which, I am sure you ALL will want to leave "your" ex properties in a "pristine state...(cow dung is quite nice when applied evenly...)

SORRY EVERYONE..I AM HOPPING MAD AT THE DEVIOUSNESS OF HOW THEY ARE GOING TO RID GOA OF ALL FNS AND TAKE ALL THEIR PROPERTIES AND POSSESSIONS!

(Another theory went out the window this week where it was assumed that True Axis (The Ruskies in Morjim) were not going to get stung due to their political connections, and that all us small Brits would be kicked out as a token gesture to the Goan people....it was quite heartwarming to learn that this week, the True Axis property is gonna be bulldozed to the ground by the Goan authorities......)

The few of us who did manage to get out realise how terrible your situation is and can only rant about revenge....before you even loose THAT opportunity..
(kick some ass eh???)http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/sr...lies/frown.gif

Birdy
HI all,

What you have to remember is that the new visa ruling was not invented by the Goan government to steal your properties.
Its a central Government ruling that was brought about in light of the recent highly publicised American couples breaches and possible terrorist links with Headley.
Therefore there may be flexibility in the ruling and or further amendments/alterations.

There is a lot of pre-empting and speculation leading to defeatism which is understandable although ultimately not very helpful in achieving a solution.

Andy and GC have both offered sound advice.....bombard Vicky and the FCO with e-mails and seek clarification as to what visa India is now gonna offer home owners.........they can then apply political weight to India to provide an answer. I doubt very much that India will say none.

You have all fought for years now and are still there.....i wouldn't burn your furniture just yet!

Regards,
Remy

Last edited by Remy-Ireland; Jan 1st 2010 at 9:47 pm.
Remy-Ireland is offline  
Old Jan 1st 2010, 9:00 pm
  #2874  
Account Closed
 
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 1,146
Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland
HI all,

What you have to remember is that the new visa ruling was not invented by the Goan government to steal your properties.
Its a central Government ruling that was brought about in light of the recent highly publicised American couples breaches and possible terrorist links.
Therefore there may be flexibility in the ruling and or further amendments/alterations.

There is a lot of pre-empting and speculation leading to defeatism which is understandable although ultimately not very helpful in achieving a solution.

Andy and GC have both offered sound advice.....bombard Vicky and the FCO with e-mails and seek clarification as to what visa India is now gonna offer home owners.........they can then apply political weight to India to provide an answer. I doubt very much that India will say none.

You have all fought for years now and are still there.....i wouldn't burn your furniture just yet!

Regards,
Remy
Get writing folks I'm firing e-mails off left right and centre,they need to know how many folk this effects and what it means to us.
It's looking grim but I have no intention of burning my bloody furniture it cost me an arm and a leg.
I think most people know that this isn't, in this instance anything to do with the Goan Government,It's central Government un-like in the past where as we know no where else in India are FNs having the property problems we are having in Goa.
This visa ruling effects more FNs than the 500 or so that are in Goa. So if we can get the rest of the FNs who own property in India as well on board with this and make enough noise then great.
I have mentioned it in other posts What about another petition?
GC
Fighting on. come on folks this is what we Brits are good at

Last edited by Goacrazy56; Jan 1st 2010 at 9:03 pm. Reason: Goa ain't what it used to be but I am fighting for what is mine
Goacrazy56 is offline  
Old Jan 1st 2010, 9:04 pm
  #2875  
BE Forum Addict
 
Remy-Ireland's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,685
Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by Goacrazy56
Get writing folks I'm firing e-mails off left right and centre,they need to know how many folk this effects and what it means to us.
It's looking grim but I have no intention of burning my bloody furniture it cost me an arm and a leg.
I think most people know that this isn't, in this instance anything to do with the Goan Government,It's central Government un-like in the past where as we know no where else in India are FNs having the property problems we are having in Goa.
This visa ruling effects more FNs than the 500 or so that are in Goa. So if we can get the rest of the FNs who own property in India as well on board with this and make enough noise then great.
I have mentioned it in other posts What about another petition?
GC
Fighting on. come on folks this is what we Brits are good at
Now THAT is the true British Bulldog Spirit!!!!

Last edited by Remy-Ireland; Jan 1st 2010 at 10:20 pm.
Remy-Ireland is offline  
Old Jan 1st 2010, 9:07 pm
  #2876  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 670
Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Hi All,

I am sure many of you may know the powerful words below, but now they have a great deal of relevance due to our present situation
KC


First they came ..." is a popular poem attributed to Pastor Martin Niemöller (1892–1984) about the inactivity of German intellectuals following the Nazi rise to power and the purging of their chosen targets, group after group. Although the precise origin of the poem is not known, Niemöller stated he prefers the version as:

First they came for the communists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a communist;
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Jew;
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Return of Santan is offline  
Old Jan 1st 2010, 9:41 pm
  #2877  
BE Forum Addict
 
a_f_d's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 2,941
a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

@Birdy num num

I think we should all "panic, wave your arms and shout" - at anyone in authority who might listen.
I do NOT think we should post hate mail or racist comment.
Do as you would be done by.

AndyD 8-(#
a_f_d is offline  
Old Jan 1st 2010, 9:47 pm
  #2878  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Irvine, North Ayrshire Scotland
Posts: 725
poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by a_f_d
@Birdy num num

I think we should all "panic, wave your arms and shout" - at anyone in authority who might listen.
I do NOT think we should post hate mail or racist comment.
Do as you would be done by.

AndyD 8-(#
Do you think it would be a good idea to put a piece in the local rags in goa to let both goans and FN's with property the implications this is going to have on them, some people are just sitting picking their a....s waiting for this to go away and get better WE WISH!!!! prehap some dont even know whats happening!!! why should they their on holiday !!!
poppetjay is offline  
Old Jan 1st 2010, 10:16 pm
  #2879  
BE Forum Addict
 
a_f_d's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 2,941
a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by poppetjay
Do you think it would be a good idea to put a piece in the local rags in goa to let both goans and FN's with property the implications this is going to have on them, some people are just sitting picking their a....s waiting for this to go away and get better WE WISH!!!! prehap some dont even know whats happening!!! why should they their on holiday !!!
poppetjay, this is an Indian thing not a Goan thing - and for once I don't think there would be much point getting Goan press coverage.

AndyD 8-)#
a_f_d is offline  
Old Jan 1st 2010, 10:21 pm
  #2880  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Irvine, North Ayrshire Scotland
Posts: 725
poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

I know its not a Goan thing !!!! but there are alot of goans, PIO, and FN's this will affect both with property out here and people that rely on the income the tourists bring in!!! just a thought .....
poppetjay is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.