Wikiposts

GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Dec 6th 2009, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by excelsior
The property remains in control of the owners. It is in the name of the company and physically not sealed!
The demolition order is a separate affair and has failed too. Like so many others on the coast involving CRZ.
Haven't even taken recourse to legal action yet (defending themselves in court)!!!

Why do you think this is????
Old Dec 6th 2009, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

the detailled and possibly prolonged procedures are covered in Chapter 4 of FEMA here
Old Dec 6th 2009, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by a_f_d
the detailled and possibly prolonged procedures are covered in Chapter 4 of FEMA here
Hi Andy,
Thanks for that although i must confess that must of that went woosh over my head at about 6million miles per hour.

What is your take on the wording of the Show Cause notice?

Regards,
Remy
Old Dec 7th 2009, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

What is your take on the wording of the Show Cause notice?
badly drafted and inconsistent (X visas or T visas etc) but basically it says "you claim you were resident we say you weren't".
There's a lot of argument to go yet.
As at least two local newspapers articles have said, there is a strong case for believing that the 400 'small' cases were put forward by the Goan govt as a smokescreen to obscure 2 or 3 very large deals involving Russians and local politicians, for which the DofE had asked them for more details - which afaik <s> have still not been supplied.

AndyD 8-)#
Old Dec 7th 2009, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

mainwaring has a brilliant futuremainwaring has a brilliant futuremainwaring has a brilliant futuremainwaring has a brilliant futuremainwaring has a brilliant futuremainwaring has a brilliant futuremainwaring has a brilliant future

badly drafted and inconsistent (X visas or T visas etc) but basically it says "you claim you were resident we say you weren't".
There's a lot of argument to go yet.
As at least two local newspapers articles have said, there is a strong case for believing that the 400 'small' cases were put forward by the Goan govt as a smokescreen to obscure 2 or 3 very large deals involving Russians and local politicians, for which the DofE had asked them for more details - which afaik <s> have still not been supplied.

AndyD 8-)#
Hi, everybody, My first post.
The last 5 years we have visited Goa for 4-5 weeks per year. 3 years ago we started checking up on the possiblity of starting a company and buying a small house with 500m² of land for our business requirements.(Retirement-something to do) At this time there were many rumours and a few articles in the TOI about FNs with huge problems, property,visas, etc. which stopped us continuing with our research.
This last week I have read Buyer Beware from end to end, and I must admit its to much to digest in one sitting. But, I think because I am an outsider and looking from a different angle and not under any stress, I think we should arrange a meeting. (Noni,Lewis,Andy,Threadall,Dreadsoc,Hemingway,GC56 ) to name just a few. Lets get together FEB 2010 in Colva, so I can explain my thoughts concerning your problem.
When this has blown over we would still like to fulfill our dream.
YOU WIN WE WIN
Who knows? A blind pig picks up an acorn every once in a while.

Good luck Keep fighting.

Mainwaring
Old Dec 7th 2009, 3:47 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mainwaring
Hi, everybody, My first post.
The last 5 years we have visited Goa for 4-5 weeks per year. 3 years ago we started checking up on the possiblity of starting a company and buying a small house with 500m² of land for our business requirements.(Retirement-something to do) At this time there were many rumours and a few articles in the TOI about FNs with huge problems, property,visas, etc. which stopped us continuing with our research.
This last week I have read Buyer Beware from end to end, and I must admit its to much to digest in one sitting. But, I think because I am an outsider and looking from a different angle and not under any stress, I think we should arrange a meeting. (Noni,Lewis,Andy,Threadall,Dreadsoc,Hemingway,GC56 ) to name just a few. Lets get together FEB 2010 in Colva, so I can explain my thoughts concerning your problem.
When this has blown over we would still like to fulfill our dream.
YOU WIN WE WIN
Who knows? A blind pig picks up an acorn every once in a while.

Good luck Keep fighting.

Mainwaring

Thanks and Welcome to the site. It is hard to get everybody together but we will see.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

NOW SEE THIS
Old Dec 8th 2009, 3:16 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Warning have been advised that a lawyer in the North has got some British people to register their properties in his name, and he is trying to get other FNs to do the same.

I naturally cannot name him, but if an Advocate suggests this to you
run out of the door fast.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

excelsior is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by noni
Warning have been advised that a lawyer in the North has got some British people to register their properties in his name, and he is trying to get other FNs to do the same.

I naturally cannot name him, but if an Advocate suggests this to you
run out of the door fast.
Thanks for the info Noni.

I didn't quite grasp under which consideration you cannot name him.
Is it that his identity is unknown for the moment ?
Old Dec 8th 2009, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

Can some one put me right I visited a Mr Anupam in the debt/finance dept home office over 18 months ago after a referral, it took a look at our papers and said he would be in contact, after several dozen phone calls to him with no reponse i gave up could this be the same man we are now being advised to contact?
Old Dec 8th 2009, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland
Why do you think this is????
It's from what I've heard.
I also saw a copy of that company's show cause notice at a C.A. in Mapsa.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by poppetjay
Can some one put me right I visited a Mr Anupam in the debt/finance dept home office over 18 months ago after a referral, it took a look at our papers and said he would be in contact, after several dozen phone calls to him with no reponse i gave up could this be the same man we are now being advised to contact?
yes, looks like he's the Witchfinder-General:
link
I thought the name was familiar (no pun intended).

AndyD 8-)#
Old Dec 8th 2009, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by excelsior
Thanks for the info Noni.

I didn't quite grasp under which consideration you cannot name him.
Is it that his identity is unknown for the moment ?
Excelsior - if I name him BE could be sued if the allegation was unfounded.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

yes, looks like he's the Witchfinder-General:
link
I thought the name was familiar (no pun intended).

AndyD 8-)#
The plot is thickening very quickly !!!!!! from what he told us he has all our info from the D.of E already !!!!!
He certinally knew our case.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by noni
Excelsior - if I name him BE could be sued if the allegation was unfounded.
Panji, Calangute, Mapsa ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.