Wikiposts

GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Mar 15th 2012, 5:28 am
Just Joined

Doug.L is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

thank you, im white and of no other indian background other than my wife is indian , is it common then for white people to have pioin goa then ?
Old Mar 15th 2012, 5:39 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Doug.L
thank you, im white and of no other indian background other than my wife is indian , is it common then for white people to have pioin goa then ?
Not common as such, but some who have Indian spouses are eligible for PIO visas so they apply for them.
PIO can also be obtained by persons who have parents or grandparents who are Indian and can prove this

Dread - x
Old Mar 15th 2012, 5:56 am
Just Joined

Thank you Dread, was just curious if it was a problem or how peoples experience as a white person of trying to get a pio had been ? x
Old Mar 15th 2012, 6:40 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Dread, was just curious if it was a problem or how peoples experience as a white person of trying to get a pio had been ? x
It seems to differ from person to person - what can I say ? This is India we are dealing with - my advice would be to apply and see how it goes. If you find difficulties pop back and let us know - someon then may be able to help and advice, but you never know it may just go straight through wothout issue.

Dread - x
Old Mar 15th 2012, 6:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

It is only a problem if the Indian spouse cannot produce the required documents. Older Indian people may well not have a birth certificate, or a copy of their Indian passport (these were kept at naturalisation in the 1970s -80s). Photocopying was not always thought of and visas were not needed for India then.
In these cases an affidavit as to Indian origin of the spouse is needed.
Old Mar 15th 2012, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

catpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nice

[QUOTE=Doug.L;9954835]
told me to pick up in three weeks. im sure it wont be that straight forward
Hopefully it will be

Me and OH applied together in 2007 and it took 4 weeks. We didn't really have all the documents that it said on the HCI list but we provided as much documentation as we could get our hands on from the in-laws.

He has now upgraded to an OCI but as I have no Indian ancestry I will only ever be able to get a PIO card.
Old Mar 15th 2012, 10:51 am
Just Joined

but u got pio easy enough ? ,my wife is oci thank you i know i could never have that
Old Mar 15th 2012, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

vradulla will become famous soon enough

we decided not to go for oci as we then lose embassy rights as british citizens.
Old Mar 15th 2012, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

jcbrum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vradulla
we decided not to go for oci as we then lose embassy rights as british citizens.
Actualy that's not true,as British citizens holding an Oci you can still avail of the services of the British Embassy.

John
Old Mar 15th 2012, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jcbrum
Actualy that's not true,as British citizens holding an Oci you can still avail of the services of the British Embassy.

John
Yes, it's in today's papers.

Just out of interest has anyone heard any more about the merging of PIO/OCI?

AndyD 8-)#
Old Mar 15th 2012, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

so are u saying my wife has gave up some rights, like what .
we are unaware of this and would i be giving up rights if i get a pio card ? where can i read this information please
Old Mar 16th 2012, 6:29 am

so are u saying my wife has gave up some rights, like what .
we are unaware of this and would i be giving up rights if i get a pio card ? where can i read this information please
I cannot see how you would be giving up rights as you would still both be British Citizens.

Dread - x
Old Mar 16th 2012, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

mayrig is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by vradulla
From yesterday's Herald :
---- QUOTE ----
Indians with OCI status will get consular help: UK

LONDON: Responding to concerns of British citizens holding the status of ' Overseas Citizen of India' ( OCI), the UK Foreign Office has clarified that when such citizens are in India, they will continue to be treated as British citizens and offered consular assistance if required.

A large number of people of Indian- origin have acquired OCI status after being naturalised as British citizens in the UK. The scheme launched by the Indian Government in December 2005 has been welcomed by the Indian diaspora.

========= UNQUOTE ==========
Old Mar 17th 2012, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

catpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nice

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
I cannot see how you would be giving up rights as you would still both be British Citizens.

Dread - x
I agree with Dread.

My OH still holds a British passport even though he's OCI.
Old Mar 17th 2012, 3:46 am
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by catpat123
I agree with Dread.

<My OH still holds a British passport even though he's OCI.
>

I wonder though, whether the local authorities could resist accepting this concept. This happened and is happening in the Mid East frequently particularly with those whose origins are from the area. There has never been consistency in the application of laws in Inida (we all know) especially years down the road with government changes, new administrators etc. Would it be different once India accepts dual nationality and redefines OCI?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.