GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Feb 18th 2012, 11:30 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by Doug.L
hi noni
Thank you for the welcome, how would u suggest going about looking in to trustworthy firms what had been your experience
Hi Doug

Welcome to BE and the Goa forum from me too.

My advice would be to actually go to Goa and look around for yourselves. You will see new developments easily enough, and see properties advertised in Goan and Indian newspapapers and on billboards. Doing it this way will give you a feel for the development, the location of the development, and perhaps even more importantly the developer or builder themselves.
There are different options available from off plan properties to already established properties within complexes or houses with own land. It really depends on what you want really, but if you are in Goa you will be able to find them easily enough.
If you see a place you like then ask to speak to others on the development - obviously this is in a completed development rather than an off plan deal - or ask on here whether others have knowledge of the developer or development.
Then make sure you CHECK, CHECK and CHECK details of the deal again and again, and get absolutely everything in writing, insist on receipts and make usre any money paid is shown through proper bank transfers which can be proven.

And if you get any tiny, even momentary feelings of mistrust, doubt etc. about anyone you deal with - trust that feeling and run for the hills !

The head must rule the heart when buying property in Goa !!

All the best

Dread - x
Old Feb 18th 2012, 5:16 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Hi Doug

Welcome to BE and the Goa forum from me too.

My advice would be to actually go to Goa and look around for yourselves. You will see new developments easily enough, and see properties advertised in Goan and Indian newspapapers and on billboards. Doing it this way will give you a feel for the development, the location of the development, and perhaps even more importantly the developer or builder themselves.
There are different options available from off plan properties to already established properties within complexes or houses with own land. It really depends on what you want really, but if you are in Goa you will be able to find them easily enough.
If you see a place you like then ask to speak to others on the development - obviously this is in a completed development rather than an off plan deal - or ask on here whether others have knowledge of the developer or development.
Then make sure you CHECK, CHECK and CHECK details of the deal again and again, and get absolutely everything in writing, insist on receipts and make usre any money paid is shown through proper bank transfers which can be proven.

And if you get any tiny, even momentary feelings of mistrust, doubt etc. about anyone you deal with - trust that feeling and run for the hills !

The head must rule the heart when buying property in Goa !!

All the best

Dread - x
As we say to everyone RENT, RENT, RENT.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

Doug.L is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Dread for the much appreciated welcome and advice im already getting the feeling goa is not the place to buy even with my wifes oci status , renting renting renting might be the way to go like noni says thank you shame its so difficult to buy safely there like you said buy with my head rather than heart thank you x
Old Feb 20th 2012, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

iain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really nice

Thank you Dread for the much appreciated welcome and advice im already getting the feeling goa is not the place to buy even with my wifes oci status , renting renting renting might be the way to go like noni says thank you shame its so difficult to buy safely there like you said buy with my head rather than heart thank you x
OCI status would probably change things, but DO check & doublecheck.

Try a reputable developer like Acron - www.acronindia.com

Rent first before you decide to commit your hard-earned dosh into a purchase.

Good luck!
Iain
Old Feb 20th 2012, 12:37 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Doug
Could I ask how much time you and your wife have spent in Goa so far?
And when did you first visit?

Old Feb 20th 2012, 9:47 am
Just Joined

Thank you Iain for you help and nice to meet you and johnny we only visited a couple of times from 2008 onwards we traveled a little round india and her sister lives in dehli and travels to goa now and again. Her parents live in north india for most of the year , so we have al little in sight in to indian systems and a little support but we dont actually no anyone that has bought in goa but me and her brother are keen to have a base in south india away from the harsher north we love mumbai but not to live and to be honest iv found it easier being white in goa than the rest of india ,well until u buy there it seems thank you for all your help
Old Feb 20th 2012, 1:00 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of
Talking Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Thank you Iain for you help and nice to meet you and johnny we only visited a couple of times from 2008 onwards we traveled a little round india and her sister lives in dehli and travels to goa now and again. Her parents live in north india for most of the year , so we have al little in sight in to indian systems and a little support but we dont actually no anyone that has bought in goa but me and her brother are keen to have a base in south india away from the harsher north we love mumbai but not to live and to be honest iv found it easier being white in goa than the rest of india ,well until u buy there it seems thank you for all your help
I'm a "lurker" as far as this forum is concerned anymore. I do read the posts as far as time allows - currently sat in South West Florida which has its pluses & minuses.

Any way on another thread "Doug L" is saying how unpleasant he finds "a_f_d" when I actually think he means "johnny five" but on this thread he is thanking the aforementioned "johnny five" for his help - god, that's far too confusing - anyway: the thread is buyer beware - did anyone from BRITAIN have a property confiscated?

In short, is there any real news?

Regards

H! Gulf Coasting!
Old Feb 20th 2012, 7:31 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hemingway
I'm a "lurker" as far as this forum is concerned anymore. I do read the posts as far as time allows - currently sat in South West Florida which has its pluses & minuses.

Any way on another thread "Doug L" is saying how unpleasant he finds "a_f_d" when I actually think he means "johnny five" but on this thread he is thanking the aforementioned "johnny five" for his help - god, that's far too confusing - anyway: the thread is buyer beware - did anyone from BRITAIN have a property confiscated?

Regards

H! Gulf Coasting!
Hi H

Unlike you to get so confused!

It was Dauchery who had words about Andy, not Doug L. At first I thought he meant me, but on reading again, it was afd that had a bit of a dig and had been going on a bit about beer. Coincidentally, Dauchery also thanked me.

Suppose with both their names beginning with a D it gets confusing, but not sure it was worthy of one of your very rare posts?

Best wishes, and lets get back on topic now, innit?

Old Feb 20th 2012, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hemingway
... - did anyone from BRITAIN have a property confiscated?

Regards

H! Gulf Coasting!
A good question without much in the way of an answer. By my reckoning a handful of people received Notices of confiscation, which is at least five appeals away from it actually happening. Unfortunately none of them is going public with the progress of their case; and it rather looks as if we are NOT going to get a BHCI meeting this season, where this question could have been raised.

AndyD 8-)#
Old Feb 20th 2012, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by johnny five
.... afd that had ... been going on a bit about beer.
[OT] Oh No I hadn't! - I'd been going on a bit about no beer!

cheers AndyD (_)?
Old Feb 20th 2012, 9:59 pm
Just Joined

hi just would like to say there must have been some confusion about me i have only posted a couple of post and am new to the site and can assure you i have not said a bad word on here about anyone by far the opposite , everyone has been so helpful and kind apart from a very confused hemingway who seems to have me mixed up with someone else and i have no idea what he is talking about , would just like to thank everyone for the warm welcome to the site and much appreciated advice and experience
Old Feb 20th 2012, 10:18 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by a_f_d
[OT] Oh No I hadn't! - I'd been going on a bit about no beer!

cheers AndyD (_)?
Andy I can assure you that if J5 and Milwart were cut off from their supply of Real Ale, they would be moaning as well, and possibly protesting outside the Houses of Parliment.

Old Feb 21st 2012, 3:57 am
Just Joined

still finding it hard not to look at the acron site they look quality builds at the emerald court site my heart is fighting my head has anyone used them and there legal team or live or rent at that site or through acron
Old Feb 21st 2012, 4:08 am
BE Forum Addict

still finding it hard not to look at the acron site they look quality builds at the emerald court site my heart is fighting my head has anyone used them and there legal team or live or rent at that site or through acron
Acron have an excellent reputation for legal integrity and quality of build, but they are expensive. There are other reliable developers, and still quite a lot of 'pre-owned' property being sold by Brits who are p#ssed off with the whole Registration saga.
As Dreadsoc suggested, you really should come here and look (before it gets really hot!).

AndyD 8-)₹
Old Feb 21st 2012, 4:24 am
Just Joined

thanks in not gunna becoming until end of year so i will then, just wanted to get some research done before i do, can u register your property if you are a oci or it is happening to everyone u just cant register the property whoever you are

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.