GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Mar 25th 2010, 3:22 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by a_f_d
er.. to be picky here noni - how do you know who has or hasn't come forward if all communication with Lewis is absolutely confidential?

AndyD 8-)#

Andy
Let me tell you how I know - people we saw personally at the meeting have not joined this site, therefore cannot have submitted their stories to Lewis as stories are submitted by pm. This is NOT an indication of some lack of confidentiality on Lewis' part !
Comments like this are destructive and better asked by pm than on open site. Putting them here could put people off coming forward with necessary evidence for the only plan so far that has resulted in any action over this issue.

Do you have some personal agenda for frequently trying to undermine the good work that is being done behind the scenes to help everyone ? (by the way if you have a property in Goa, then that also includes good work being done to help you too !)

Dread - just wondering !
x

Last edited by dreadsoc; Mar 25th 2010 at 3:39 pm.
Old Mar 25th 2010, 5:30 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have some personal agenda for frequently trying to undermine

I'm sure a lot of us are beginning to wonder exactly the same thing, innit?
Old Mar 25th 2010, 5:54 pm
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point

So observant Milwart you have said what a lot of us have been thinking for a long while
GC no agenda just wanting justice and what is mine
Old Mar 25th 2010, 6:17 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by a_f_d
er.. to be picky here noni - how do you know who has or hasn't come forward if all communication with Lewis is absolutely confidential?

AndyD 8-)#
Be picky I DO NOT KNOW WHO HAS COME FORWARD BUT I CAN COUNT. If there were well over 200 people interested enough to go to the meeting, and then those in the UK, many are sitting on their arses letting others do the work. It is completely confidential to Lewis.

er why be negative - be positive things are going in the right direction.
your comments do not help Lewis' cause.
Old Mar 25th 2010, 7:03 pm
Account Closed

a-f-d why don't you just come on board, stop the derogatory post and promote the Poll.
We are much closer to getting justice than we have ever been with what Lewis is doing now than we have ever been.
If you can't post anything good about the Poll and the work that is being done then don't post anything on the subject.
I agree with noni and Dread this is not helping Lewis one bit in particular when new member come on the site and read your posts.
This will also benefit you if we get any where with it and I do believe this is going some where.
I fully support the work and I am grateful to Lewis and others for giving their time to help all of us. For 18 months prior to the Poll I was banging my head off a brick wall spending most of my time chasing around trying to sort this mess on my own. I'm no longer on my Jack and this has been a great relief
GC feeling positive
Old Mar 26th 2010, 4:38 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Goacrazy56
a-f-d why don't you just come on board, stop the derogatory post and promote the Poll.
We are much closer to getting justice than we have ever been with what Lewis is doing now than we have ever been.
If you can't post anything good about the Poll and the work that is being done then don't post anything on the subject.
I agree with noni and Dread this is not helping Lewis one bit in particular when new member come on the site and read your posts.
This will also benefit you if we get any where with it and I do believe this is going some where.
I fully support the work and I am grateful to Lewis and others for giving their time to help all of us. For 18 months prior to the Poll I was banging my head off a brick wall spending most of my time chasing around trying to sort this mess on my own. I'm no longer on my Jack and this has been a great relief
GC feeling positive
I agree with you GC, on this point, but Andy has made many informative posts on FEMA etc. which have helped a lot of people. Perhaps he can come on board with the Save Goa Poll, as he heard himself at the meeting with the British Consular that we must all pull together.
Old Mar 26th 2010, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

jcbrum is an unknown quantity at this point

Although i am not personely affected by the property debacle,i do know a lot of people who have bought properties here in the south.I have explained the situation re the on going problems and the work being done behind the scenes.Unfortunately all of them have their heads in the sand and say it doesn't affect them because,as none of their properties are registered (all have leases or their properties are in a locals name) they will not be caught.

So what can you do ......

John
Old Mar 26th 2010, 5:52 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noni
I agree with you GC, on this point, but Andy has made many informative posts on FEMA etc. which have helped a lot of people. Perhaps he can come on board with the Save Goa Poll, as he heard himself at the meeting with the British Consular that we must all pull together.

I do hope so Noni.
The only way to get the fair play and justice we seek is to pull together. We all have our fears but we must at some point trust in someone, and the Save Goa poll and evidence gathering process is getting the right attention and support from the right quarters. I believe this support and momentum has come about due to the commitment and professionalism that Lewis and his small team have demonstrated in their approach to the Goa property issue.
So far this is the one approach which is taking things in the right direction, and I for one am not willing to allow it be undermined at such a crucial stage.

Dread - getting tough
x
Old Mar 26th 2010, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by jcbrum
Although i am not personely affected by the property debacle,i do know a lot of people who have bought properties here in the south.I have explained the situation re the on going problems and the work being done behind the scenes.Unfortunately all of them have their heads in the sand and say it doesn't affect them because,as none of their properties are registered (all have leases or their properties are in a locals name) they will not be caught.

John
At least you have tried to help JCB.
Unfortunately those with leases or those who have put their properties in a locals name are actually some of the most vulnerable.
I am aware of several builders refusing to renew leases unless huge sume of money are paid. I am also aware of someone who put their deeds in their solicitors name, and now this solicitor is refusing to allow them to sell their property, and there is nothing they can do about it at this point.

Hopefully some of these people will see the light before it is too late.

Dread - wake them up!
x
Old Mar 26th 2010, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

morse is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jcbrum

John

Nothing John! One day the local will be living in their property laughing their sox off.
Old Mar 26th 2010, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

Originally Posted by morse
Nothing John! One day the local will be living in their property laughing their sox off.
Heard of one couple who's lease is up for renewel being asked for 25lach for a further 5 years.... now that is absolute maddness!!!!!
Old Mar 26th 2010, 11:15 am

Hi Noni, many thanks for your mail, I am glad to be of help.

In response to your e-mail, the Chief Minister of Goa appointed Mr. Anupam Kishore as the lead on cases concerning British Nationals.The British Government was not involved in this appointment.
Our Deputy High Commissioner in New Delhi along with British High Commission colleagues met Mr. Kishore in November last year. The meeting was positive and Mr. Kishore assured the BHC that any allegations of harassment by Goan officials would be dealt with severely. He offered a personal assurance that individuals would not be targeted because they had filed a complaint.

Regarding your question on Locate, any personal information including e-mail addresses put on the Locate when registering with HMG remains with the British Government and will not be released to Indian Officials. The BHC has not yet been informed on how Joint Secretary Kishore wants to receive completed proformas for his consideration. This may be by e-mail or could also be by registered post. If British nationals are concerned about the misuse of their personal e-mail addresses the BHC can ask for a postal address if not provided when we hear from Joint Secretary Kishore.

Old Mar 26th 2010, 11:40 am
Account Closed

Hi noni is this message from Simon
Sorry to be a pain old gal!!
GC
Old Mar 26th 2010, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by Goacrazy56
Hi noni is this message from Simon
Sorry to be a pain old gal!!
GC
Don't be nosey, All of you be grateful that the BHI are communicating with us the email was from Political Division! the new Bilateral Projects Officer. I had a personal email and then asked for a statement, which came by return of text, very impressed.

We all know it will be an uphill struggle for the BHI but they are certainly pulling out all stops.

Thank you BHI
Old Mar 26th 2010, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Andy
Let me tell you how I know - people we saw personally at the meeting have not joined this site, therefore cannot have submitted their stories to Lewis as stories are submitted by pm. This is NOT an indication of some lack of confidentiality on Lewis' part !
Comments like this are destructive and better asked by pm than on open site. Putting them here could put people off coming forward with necessary evidence for the only plan so far that has resulted in any action over this issue.

Do you have some personal agenda for frequently trying to undermine the good work that is being done behind the scenes to help everyone ? (by the way if you have a property in Goa, then that also includes good work being done to help you too !)

Dread - just wondering !
x
Sorry about the paranoia, I must have been here too long. My real concern is that we might be diluting our efforts by following too many channels (the BHC asked for stories then Lewis asked for them etc.)
I am still fighting my corner and if I ever win it should also help others.
Keep up the fight!

AndyD 8-)#

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.