GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Jul 17th 2010, 9:07 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by noni
Today, 10:10 am #1
jcbrum

Here's a story put on India Mike regarding a Brit who was purchasing a property in Goa.Maybe someone could contact him regarding his predicament.

http://www.indiamike.com/india/prope...4/#post1000973

Hi John - have transferred this story to Buyer Beware - thanks for putting it on our site.

I just tried to open the link and for some reason it won't let me.
Can you please check the address. If it seems correct can you please advise that person to get onto BE and contact me or Lewis Belworth.

Thanks

Dread - x
Old Jul 17th 2010, 10:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

emsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
I just tried to open the link and for some reason it won't let me.
Can you please check the address. If it seems correct can you please advise that person to get onto BE and contact me or Lewis Belworth.

Thanks

Dread - x

http://www.indiamike.com/india/prope...two-t27702/74/
Old Jul 18th 2010, 11:51 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Em. That works now.

Dread - x
Old Jul 25th 2010, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

Veritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really nice

I hope this Brit has made successful contact with Dreadsoc.
One point arises from this case; over the last few years there have been
builders who have offered an "all in" package at a fee to FDI investors in India's tourism industry who are purchasing property. Sound advice is for them to have their documentation independently checked out by a Chartered Accountant, and MCA website as some concerning cases have been emerging of share capital discrepancies, share certificates, DIN numbers, etc.
Old Jul 26th 2010, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

ruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really nice

Originally Posted by Veritas1
I hope this Brit has made successful contact with Dreadsoc.
One point arises from this case; over the last few years there have been
builders who have offered an "all in" package at a fee to FDI investors in India's tourism industry who are purchasing property. Sound advice is for them to have their documentation independently checked out by a Chartered Accountant, and MCA website as some concerning cases have been emerging of share capital discrepancies, share certificates, DIN numbers, etc.
Hi, Veritas,

can you describe what sort of problems/ discrepancies there have been with DIN, share certificates, share capital discrepencies. If it is not appropriate to put it on the forum, perhaps I could pm you

Ruskin
Old Jul 26th 2010, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

Veritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really nice

Hi Ruskin,
Have sent you a pm.
Regards
Veri
Old Jul 28th 2010, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

babu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nice

David Cameron is in India this week with half the Cabinet and CEO's from major FTSE 100 companies to further business ties between UK and India.

In the Telegraph the other day, one of the reasons put forward for the UK to do business in India was 'India's well established property laws'. This might have been amusing, though only as a sick joke.

I don't think Cameron realises how protectionist and corrupt business and property are in India. Has he not been hearing from the FCO regards the situation in Goa, a financial drop in the ocean in global terms, but seemingly beyond a resolution?

India does not wish the assumed 'superiority' of British goods and services sold to their burgeoning middle class. They'd rather buy up wholesale the Western companies that manufacture or distribute the goods and services, learn from their expertise then relocate them to India where labour costs are cheaper. At the first hint that they'll fail to get UK government (taxpayer) subsidy to supposedly protect British jobs, the now Indian owned companies will be out of the UK like a shot. What can't be gained of foreign assets in India by proper process will be acquired by fraud and deception.

RIP what remains of the British motor industry.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

wallydug is just really nicewallydug is just really nicewallydug is just really nicewallydug is just really nicewallydug is just really nicewallydug is just really nicewallydug is just really nicewallydug is just really nicewallydug is just really nice

Originally Posted by babu1
David Cameron is in India this week with half the Cabinet and CEO's from major FTSE 100 companies to further business ties between UK and India.

In the Telegraph the other day, one of the reasons put forward for the UK to do business in India was 'India's well established property laws'. This might have been amusing, though only as a sick joke.

I don't think Cameron realises how protectionist and corrupt business and property are in India. Has he not been hearing from the FCO regards the situation in Goa, a financial drop in the ocean in global terms, but seemingly beyond a resolution?

India does not wish the assumed 'superiority' of British goods and services sold to their burgeoning middle class. They'd rather buy up wholesale the Western companies that manufacture or distribute the goods and services, learn from their expertise then relocate them to India where labour costs are cheaper. At the first hint that they'll fail to get UK government (taxpayer) subsidy to supposedly protect British jobs, the now Indian owned companies will be out of the UK like a shot. What can't be gained of foreign assets in India by proper process will be acquired by fraud and deception.

RIP what remains of the British motor industry.
Babul,
You`ve got it in one.

Wally.
Old Jul 30th 2010, 4:58 am
Just Joined

fiverealteabigboyz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by leavinggoa
He's a developer, or he is living on another planet. He's certainly not living here.
and not in tune with the facts, we presume!!!
Old Jul 31st 2010, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

mytriumph is a name known to allmytriumph is a name known to allmytriumph is a name known to allmytriumph is a name known to allmytriumph is a name known to allmytriumph is a name known to allmytriumph is a name known to allmytriumph is a name known to allmytriumph is a name known to allmytriumph is a name known to allmytriumph is a name known to all

Presumably babu1 can substantiate his claims about the British taxpayer subsidising the Indian owners of Jaguar/Land Rover.

(SNIP)

"Tata estimates that JLR needs £500 million in loan guarantees from the British government. But UK Business Secretary Lord Mandelson said JLR must stand on its own because it is a private company."

Last month, Jaguar Land Rover applied for and received a £175 million loan from the Indian government following Tata turning down further British aid.

"Tata, the Indian owner of Jaguar Land Rover, has agreed to inject 'tens of millions' of pounds into the British car company to prevent an immediate cash flow crisis, while the government continues to consider the case for a taxpayer- funded bail out," the Financial Times has reported.

For 200 hundred years of unrepentant, bloodsucking and regular artificial famines every decade by the honourable her majesty's colonial government. Sixty years after the looting ended and the Indians have lifted themselves by their bootstraps and are now growing in economic strength and are now the object of racist vituperation.

(SNIP)

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Jul 31st 2010 at 9:53 am. Reason: Lets stop with the personal comments on here, eh?
Old Jul 31st 2010, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

babu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nice

Thanks for doing the research regards Tata in the UK. You have done a very good job of substantiating your own supposition, though Tata is a fine choice.

Correct, they chanced it with the UK government for a taxpayer bailout no doubt playing the 'protecting British jobs ' card, and were turned down (for the moment). If Tata UK have a cash crisis they will continue to leverage the UK government with the threat of loss of British jobs. Otherwise, they will relocate to India where production costs are much cheaper, and are they not using imported British automotive expertise already with a long term game plan to advance their India based production lines anyway?

Tata's takeover of Jaguar/ Land Rover has already resulted in a loss of jobs.

That's globalisation for you. But would the protectionist Indian government allow the 100% foreign purchase of any Indian brand, never mind prestige brands, lay off Indian workers, and then even consider bailing them out with Indian taxpayer's money when times get tough? Not Possible.

Try and get those post colonial chips off your shoulder and square up to the reality that India are now the economic imperialists and do a self assessment on who are the real racists.
Old Jul 31st 2010, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

More is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by noni
As I have said before, too many people sit back and let others do the signing and work. Same when you are in Goa, they moan and groan, but will not put their signatures to anything, letting everybody else take the blame and just sit back and enjoy what happens.
Noni what gives you the right to have a go at people who do not act in the way you think they should? I am more than willing to sign any petition ( and I have done so with Lewis, although I still am no further forward as to what it is all about!!) You are in Goa for a few months a year, we live here all the time and I am afraid to say that there is not enough openess on this site for me.

I have no idea who I am talking to and yet you are urging us to sign forms. Tell us who is dealing with these and what it is all about and we will then be able to make a decision. Is that too much to ask.
Old Aug 1st 2010, 1:33 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote from Dread on Save Goa Poll

"This poll and the gathering of peoples' stories is being done by people who are also having problems having purchased property in Goa. For obvious reasons the plans cannot be broadcast on open site as stealth is the key.
It is only by joining together that we have any chance of fighting this injustice and getting some fair play. Every story counts in that it adds weight to the evidence showing the corruption and deception levels involved in this fiasco, so please people don't sit on the fence. Help us help you."

Quote from Lewis on Save Goa Poll

Hi folks, greetings from Goa!

Firstly, I am pleased to see that the poll numbers are steadily rising and thank all of those who have voted and put their trust in us with their stories. I assure all of you that we are working behind the scenes to help everybody who is experiencing this injustice that is happening in Goa. We are making positive headway but like everything the small steps will reach our destination.

I cannot put the details of the plan on open site as the plan relies on stealth and confidentiality, without which the plan could be compromised. Therefore if any of you who have shared your information with us would like to know more detail, please PM me and I will respond as soon as I can explaining it all to you. My only request is that you keep my response with confidence as our plan relies on this.

We are in the same boat as you with our property problems and I am a great believer that the only way to fight this injustice is by all of us coming together(as Vicki Treadell said at the meeting) and using an evidenced strategic approach for the benefit of us all. It is by you trusting us with your stories that we are able to form the evidence and the strategies with which to fight. The more people the stronger the case to be put forward.

The Save Goa Poll has only had 78 votes - what has happened to the other 14,612 who have read the thread?

More - the answer my friend is in the figures!

Last edited by noni; Aug 1st 2010 at 1:57 am.
Old Aug 1st 2010, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by big5realty
and not in tune with the facts, we presume!!!
Hi Big5realty

Welcome to BE.
What facts are you referring to?

Dread - x
Old Aug 1st 2010, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by More
Noni what gives you the right to have a go at people who do not act in the way you think they should? I am more than willing to sign any petition ( and I have done so with Lewis, although I still am no further forward as to what it is all about!!) You are in Goa for a few months a year, we live here all the time and I am afraid to say that there is not enough openess on this site for me.

I have no idea who I am talking to and yet you are urging us to sign forms. Tell us who is dealing with these and what it is all about and we will then be able to make a decision. Is that too much to ask.

Hi More

I'm sorry you feel this way. There are people working behind the scenes gathering the evidence to challenge the injustice we are all facing in Goa over property purchases.
The steps being taken cannot be put onto open site as this would not be tactically beneficial.
Please pm me if you would like me to update you with an outline of the current state of play. There are things happening but open site is not the place to advertise details because the plan relies on stealth.
For those out there who haven't come forward, I can understand the fears and the not knowing who to trust etc. All I can offer is my personal assurances to you, and the knowledge that we are in the exactly the same boat as you.
For all of those people who have placed their trust in Lewis and his team, please know we are trying our very best for you.

Speak soon

Dread - 'fully tenacious
x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.