GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Aug 12th 2008, 8:08 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GOA Rukmini constructions please help

Originally Posted by barrance
Hello, could anyone please help me, i had started buying a apartment at the Exotic Regencey phase 2 in Siolim which was due for completion in December 2008, this was being purchased through Churchill innovative solutions, i tried to ring them on monday to no avail i have since found out they have gone bust !!! It's a long chance but myself and others who have been affected are trying to contact the development builder whom i believe to be Rukmini Constructions, i have the bank account details in Mapusa and in Siolim, i do not know if they know of churchills demise as it seems sudden, Any contact information would be most grateful.
Barry
Hi Barry, - welcome - although not good news for you. Things seem to be getting worse for everybody.
Perhaps it would be a good idea if I start a new thread for you with regard to Churchills, and perhaps some of the others will pick it up, and help you, by discussing what they know of Churchills
Old Aug 12th 2008, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

barrance is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Hi Noni, I am thoroughly disgusted with Churchills i would love to discuss Churchills antics with other people.
Regards
Barry
Old Aug 12th 2008, 9:07 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by barrance
Hi Noni, I am thoroughly disgusted with Churchills i would love to discuss Churchills antics with other people.
Regards
Barry

put your story on the Churchill thread, perhaps others will
put theirs, like the thread of Chris Gregory, it is disgusting the way people have been swindled out of their money, and from UK Agents. It is people like these that give all Estate Agents a bad name. :curse:
Old Aug 13th 2008, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: GOA Rukmini constructions please help

Churchill innovative solutions... have gone bust !
their website's still up.

AndyD 8-)#
Old Aug 13th 2008, 11:38 am
Just Joined

barrance is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, you're right the website is still up but when you try to ring them an automated message gives you a new number which when you try to call just rings out, i have since contacted another company who i paid the initial deposit to, this company claim that Churchills have gone bust and left everybody in the shit!!!!! Their M.D had also bought property but is in the same situation as myself we are now trying to find the builder in Goa, i have there bank details but that is about it. I made my payments through Churchill so i do not know if they even transfered the money to the builders account
Old Aug 16th 2008, 5:57 am
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of
Default Just India/Missed ££££'S Opportunity/Reality Dawns

Have a look at the link below to an article in today's herald & decide for yourself which of the above title descriptions best fits the story. . . . . . . . .

http://www.oheraldo.in/pagedetails.asp?nid=8403&cid=26

Mind you, if it meant getting deeds registered, I'm sure many FNs would have been quite prepared to pay a higher percentage registration fee & stamp duty.

Hemingway.
Old Aug 16th 2008, 6:15 am
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of
Default £250,000 for an APARTMENT!

You gotta larf, ain't yer

I understood Rs 1 crore to be Rs 10,000,000 - 10 million if I'm not mistaken, I'm sure someone will tell me if I am. Have a look at this link:

http://www.business-standard.com/ind...?autono=331502

If I'm correct, that's £250,000 (quarter of a million quid!) for an apartment & maybe a better bargain, £375,000 for a villa - yes I know that's peanuts for certain parts of the world, but in Goa, would even people from Mumbai or Delhi pay that sort of money?

I remember another development mooted on a headland by the Zuari river, wasn't that being promoted by a prominent prestigious UK estate agaent? what happened to that? it's gone quiet, wasn't there something minor about the developer never having actually bought the land, or the land never going to be sold, even before small details such as planning consent had been received. . . . . . . .

Hemingway
Old Aug 16th 2008, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Calangute,Goa (October -May) Pattaya,Thailand (May-Oct)
enfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really nice

1 Lakh = Rs. 100,000 = £1250
100 Lakh = 1 Crore = £125,000
The noughts get a bit confusing sometimes.
Despite that , surprising how much money Indians have got now.
In Mumbai land and property is sold by the square foot not the sqare metre as it's so expensive.
Land in certain parts of Goa has more than quadrupled in the last 2 years.
Who knows where it will all end ? On BBC World News today even the Arab States are in trouble,property prices down 10% , projects halted etc.
Heads below the parapet is best for sometime I detect.
Old Aug 16th 2008, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Calangute,Goa (October -May) Pattaya,Thailand (May-Oct)
enfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really nice

1 Lakh = Rs. 100,000 = £1250 (at Rs. 80 to the £)
In Mumbai land and property is sold by the square foot not the sqare metre as it's so expensive.
Who knows where it will all end ? On BBC World News today even the Arab States are in trouble,property prices down 10% , projects halted etc.
Old Aug 16th 2008, 4:48 pm
A little honey

Honey Bee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by enfield951
1 Lakh = Rs. 100,000 = £1250 (at Rs. 80 to the £)
Head down as you say! With the weather we have here, may as well stay in Goa for the winter until the men in karki, green men, or men in white coats come for us.
Old Aug 16th 2008, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by a_f_d
Given the recent success of the BJP in India this article could be very important!

AndyD 8-)#
... and here is the Congress response - in particular:
On the demand of the opposition Bharatiya Janata Party for special status to the state for prevention of sale of properties to non-Goans, he said that such a demand was unlikely to be accepted by the central government as it was contrary to the principles of the Constitution.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Xenophobia still rules the Goan government - see link

AndyD 8-)#
Old Aug 26th 2008, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

... and here is the Congress response - in particular:
On the demand of the opposition Bharatiya Janata Party for special status to the state for prevention of sale of properties to non-Goans, he said that such a demand was unlikely to be accepted by the central government as it was contrary to the principles of the Constitution.
... but confusion (?) reigns as to what they are all going to do

AndyD 8-)#
Old Aug 26th 2008, 11:08 am
A little honey

Honey Bee is an unknown quantity at this point

Xenophobia still rules the Goan government - see link

AndyD 8-)#
wish they would use simple english, which they and us FN's can understand.
Why are they afraid of us? because we have brains
Old Aug 26th 2008, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Honey Bee
wish they would use simple english, which they and us FN's can understand.
Why are they afraid of us? because we have brains
I sometimes wonder if 'they' only want a piece of Goa because FNs find it attractive?. It's a bit of the bollywood syndrome isnt it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.