Wikiposts

GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Sep 8th 2008, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future
Default GOA - Buyer Beware!

Just in from the F.C.O ( wot DO those initials stand for ?)

PROPERTY RIGHTS IN GOA

"Thank you for your email about property rights in Goa. As Head of the India team, I have been asked to reply.

We share your concern about recent statements by the Goan authorities, and have raised the issue both with the authorities in Goa and at a national level. Senior Foreign and Commonwealth Office officials also raised the issue most recently with the Indian National Security Adviser on 26 July and the Indian High Commissioner on 28 July . We have made clear that there should be no question of confiscation of property acquired legally by British citizens. We await an official response from the Indian Government .

We will continue strongly to reiterate this message to the Indian authorities. And we will continue to try to protect the interests of British citizens by warning in our Travel Advice (www.fco.gov.uk) of the potential problems they could face in buying property in India.

Whilst we do so, we will not be able to become involved in any individual disputes which may arise, which are a matter for the Indian legal system. We advise British citizens experiencing such problems to engage the services of an independent local lawyer. We maintain lists of English speaking lawyers resident in various regions of India. I attach one now for your convenience: please note the disclaimer.:curse:

Regarding British citizens facing visa restrictions from the Indian High Commission in the UK, the granting of visas is entirely up to the Government of India. The UK Government cannot interfere with a sovereign country's visa policies and restrictions. Should you wish to take your concerns about the visa situation further, please contact the Indian High Commission in London"

Yours sincerely,

Mr Jeremy Macadie

Head of India Team
Old Sep 8th 2008, 6:18 am
A little honey

Honey Bee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by Kan-conned

PROPERTY RIGHTS IN GOA

"Thank you for your email about property rights in Goa. As Head of the India team, I have been asked to reply.

We share your concern about recent statements by the Goan authorities, and have raised the issue both with the authorities in Goa and at a national level. Senior Foreign and Commonwealth Office officials also raised the issue most recently with the Indian National Security Adviser on 26 July and the Indian High Commissioner on 28 July . We have made clear that there should be no question of confiscation of property acquired legally by British citizens. We await an official response from the Indian Government .

We will continue strongly to reiterate this message to the Indian authorities. And we will continue to try to protect the interests of British citizens by warning in our Travel Advice (www.fco.gov.uk) of the potential problems they could face in buying property in India.

Whilst we do so, we will not be able to become involved in any individual disputes which may arise, which are a matter for the Indian legal system. We advise British citizens experiencing such problems to engage the services of an independent local lawyer. We maintain lists of English speaking lawyers resident in various regions of India. I attach one now for your convenience: please note the disclaimer.:curse:

Regarding British citizens facing visa restrictions from the Indian High Commission in the UK, the granting of visas is entirely up to the Government of India. The UK Government cannot interfere with a sovereign country's visa policies and restrictions. Should you wish to take your concerns about the visa situation further, please contact the Indian High Commission in London"

Yours sincerely,

Mr Jeremy Macadie

Head of India Team
:::curse::curse: They are a pile of
Old Sep 8th 2008, 6:26 am
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kan-conned
Foreign & Commonwealth Office???

Hemingway.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Honey Bee
:::curse::curse: They are a pile of
why? - the reply is polite, helpful, and they've done something.

AndyD 8-)#
Old Sep 8th 2008, 9:10 pm
A little honey

Originally Posted by a_f_d
why? - the reply is polite, helpful, and they've done something.

AndyD 8-)#
Really helpful - we had the same reply a few months ago, think it is standard.
Hope I am wrong and they do care, but according to to-days papers our Government busy trying to tell us not to have lawns in our gardens!!! They are far to busy spying in our wheelie bins that to worry about our property in Goa problems.

Last edited by Honey Bee; Sep 8th 2008 at 9:13 pm.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 12:47 am
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Yep!!
I received the same letter from a different department,My!! My!! this letter must be doing the rounds between one Government office and another. I can just imagine the conversation between them.all "Oh!! we have another daft b*gger who has bought in Goa Ill just humour them and send the standard c*ap letter we composed just to get them off our backs and make believe we really give a sh*t
I know who I won't be voting for this election don't you?????:curse::curse::curse::curse::curse::curse::curse:: thumbdown:
Old Sep 9th 2008, 1:24 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Goacrazy56;6765038]Yep!!

Can't understand why you will not be voting for dear Gordon. poor man is having such a hard time. Credit crunch, us pensioners can't heat our homes, spies in our wheelie bins, don't want us to have lawns (to save water) tolls on the motorways. Price of food, fuel etc. give the darling man a break. :curse::curse: invite him to your home in Goa for a holiday. Then send him into Panjim or Mapsa to sort out the B*******

and as for Milliband he has not had the decency to reply to any communications - perhaps he can't read.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 2:07 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

...and as for Milliband he has not had the decency to reply to any communications - perhaps he can't read.
If he's not your MP he won't - that's the rules - you contact your Mp who then contacts the Minister.

AndyD 8-)#
Old Sep 9th 2008, 2:31 am
BE Enthusiast

old man will become famous soon enoughold man will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by a_f_d
If he's not your MP he won't - that's the rules - you contact your Mp who then contacts the Minister.

AndyD 8-)#
:curse::curse: Sorry Andy, we pay the pratts, they do nothing, should have the courtesy of answering our mail, even to point us in the right direction.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 3:00 am
BE Enthusiast

babu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nice

David Miliband is not simply a MP. Last time I looked, he was Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, head honcho at the Foreign Office.

We have had no reply or acknowledgement of our communications to him either from his South Shields Constituency Office, or from his Department at Westminster. Not impressed.

The FCO replied some time ago with the exact same letter as has been recieved by others above. Only difference was the name of the Head of India Team. That's three different people I've seen so far signing their name to the same letter as Head of India Team, quite a rapid turnover in such a relatively short time.

Our local MP, of Asian descent, has so far acknowledged receipt of our correspondence through his secretary, but has yet to formulate any kind of response. He's been busy defending the allocation of £500,000 charitable grant to a charity which was only set up in the past six months "to promote Islamic culture in the UK".

Someone actually dared to question the haste of the approval and the amount (though not the purpose) of the grant. Dear, dear; not very politically correct.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 3:04 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by babu1
David Miliband is not simply a MP. Last time I looked, he was Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, head honcho at the Foreign Office.

We have had no reply or acknowledgement of our communications to him either from his South Shields Constituency Office, or from his Department at Westminster. Not impressed.

The FCO replied some time ago with the exact same letter as has been recieved by others above. Only difference was the name of the Head of India Team. That's three different people I've seen so far signing their name to the same letter as Head of India Team, quite a rapid turnover in such a relatively short time.

Our local MP, of Asian descent, has so far acknowledged receipt of our correspondence through his secretary, but has yet to formulate any kind of response. He's been busy defending the allocation of £500,000 charitable grant to a charity which was only set up in the past six months "to promote Islamic culture in the UK".

Someone actually dared to question the haste of the approval and the amount (though not the purpose) of the grant. Dear, dear; not very politically correct.

OH! Milliband and the Muppets make me so angry. Smarmy grins on their faces, let them struggle to live like real people, not cushioned by our money.

They are paid to by the British People :curse: to help the British People :curse:
Old Sep 10th 2008, 5:38 am
Just Joined

barrance is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
I live about 20 miles from South shields i do not mind going to drop off any communication personally if this would help, i would make sure i kept on visiting the office until i got a reply.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 6:06 am
A little honey

Originally Posted by barrance
Hello,
I live about 20 miles from South shields i do not mind going to drop off any communication personally if this would help, i would make sure i kept on visiting the office until i got a reply.

Thanks Barrance - but we are all in enough trouble as it is.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 2:51 pm
A little honey

Originally Posted by Honey Bee
Thanks Barrance - but we are all in enough trouble as it is.
http://www.navhindtimes.com/story.php?story=2008091147

"Stamp duty hike for larger transactions"

Love the bit - Do you recognise it

"The logic behind was that people from all parts of the country were investing in large transactions as the state was touted to be a safe and peaceful holiday destination with comparatively low crime rates. The unique selling point was also that the state had gained frame for its CLEANLINESS, SCENIC BEAUTY AND PEARLY WHICH BEACHES, minimal pollution and better quality roads.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 2:58 am
BE Forum Addict

http://www.navhindtimes.com/story.php?story=2008091147

"Stamp duty hike for larger transactions"
Usual mix of accuracy, inaccuracy and uncertainty:
For agreements it is now 1 per cent flat. From 2006 till the new notification it was Rs 100 till Rs 1 lakh, Rs 500 from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 5 lakh and Rs 1000 above Rs 5 lakh.
- it's been 1% on Agreements of Sale since at least 2006 but this was deductable from the stamp duty on the Deeds
- and I commented on the mess implied by not having 'slabs' in a letter published in the Herald last year. It seems to be a rule that no-one should know the rules!

AndyD 8-)#

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.