Wikiposts

GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Aug 9th 2008, 4:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Calangute,Goa (October -May) Pattaya,Thailand (May-Oct)
enfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really nice
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Hold hard,i'm no coward,far from it!!
But isn't there a danger using our real names,instead of internet aliases
could lead to covert punitive reaction re. visa's and D of E Investigation ?
Just think about it !
Old Aug 9th 2008, 4:53 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by noni
Surprise, Surprise, now Miliband is looking for voters, he has at last replied to my emails. - More or less the same as Daff except not giving Advocates.

Asked the RBI did we need permission to sell from them - they referred me to their website. Master Circulars of Foreign Investment Exchange dated 1/7/2008. http://www.rbi.org.in unfortunately I cannot find it.

Even they cannot give a simple answer!
see my post #1478 here

AndyD 8-)#
Old Aug 9th 2008, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

thatman will become famous soon enoughthatman will become famous soon enough

Another article from local newpaper - the Goans are awakening. The 2nd last paragraph is interesting.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/R...ow/3347087.cms
Old Aug 9th 2008, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by thatman
Another article from local newpaper - the Goans are awakening. The 2nd last paragraph is interesting.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/R...ow/3347087.cms
Given the recent success of the BJP in India this article could be very important!

AndyD 8-)#
Old Aug 9th 2008, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by a_f_d
Given the recent success of the BJP in India this article could be very important!

AndyD 8-)#
- especially this bit:
371A. (1) Notwithstanding anything in this
Constitution,
(a) no Act of Parliament in respect of ...

(iv) ownership and transfer of land and its
resources,
shall apply to the State [...] unless the Legislative
Assembly [...] approves it.
AndyD 8-)#
Old Aug 9th 2008, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by enfield951
Hold hard,i'm no coward,far from it!!
But isn't there a danger using our real names,instead of internet aliases
could lead to covert punitive reaction re. visa's and D of E Investigation ?
Just think about it !
Hi Enfield & all

Thats why I threw the question open to the "floor"

How about if Geoffrey downloads the names removes those real(sur) names that want removing, scans it, then sends the petition as an attachment to the Central Gov in India ?

Question "open "again to my learned Expats
Old Aug 10th 2008, 12:10 am
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of

- especially this bit:

AndyD 8-)#
Go on a_f_d - spell it out in words of one syllable for those of whose brains are not working too well the morning after the night before. . . .

thanks in advance

Hemingway
Old Aug 10th 2008, 12:37 am
BE Enthusiast

old man will become famous soon enoughold man will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by hemingway
Go on a_f_d - spell it out in words of one syllable for those of whose brains are not working too well the morning after the night before. . . .

thanks in advance

Hemingway
Hemmingway, you are a man after my own heart - plain English please.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

thatman will become famous soon enoughthatman will become famous soon enough

I read it but didn't like to ask - glad someone else did - just thought it was me
Old Aug 10th 2008, 3:36 am
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by Kan-conned
Hi Enfield & all

Thats why I threw the question open to the "floor"

How about if Geoffrey downloads the names removes those real(sur) names that want removing, scans it, then sends the petition as an attachment to the Central Gov in India ?

Question "open "again to my learned Expats
Hi Kan-conned I think this would be a great idea take all the sir names and they couldn't possibly identify any individual. I say go for it, but it's up to the other on the forum
great job your doing old pal.I think it's vital that we keep the pressure on now whilst the publicity is bad for Goa
cheers
Old Aug 10th 2008, 4:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hemingway

thanks in advance

Hemingway
The BJP (currently the Opposition in Goa) want to amend the Constitution of India similar to the existing amendments to Article 371 for Himachal Pradesh etc. Amongst other things this is likely to include this clause:
371A. (1) Notwithstanding anything in this
Constitution,
(a) no Act of Parliament in respect of ...

(iv) ownership and transfer of land and its
resources,
shall apply to the State [...] unless the Legislative
Assembly [...] (approves it).
At present the transfer of land in Goa is controlled by the Transfer of Property Act 1908, which is a Union (i.e. all India) Act, and much as they would like to the Goa State government can't alter it (which is why they are playing fast & loose with the Registration regulations).
This Constitutional Amendment would let them pass their own laws to control the sale of land / property!

AndyD 8-)#
Old Aug 10th 2008, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

see my post #1478 here

AndyD 8-)#
... that link wasn't very helpful because it's been archived - here is the latest Master Circular - but as far as I can see it doesn't answer the question (but the RBI site does have other Master Circulars on FRO accounts and remittances by foreign nationals, and these may be more helpful).

AndyD 8-)#

Last edited by a_f_d; Aug 10th 2008 at 9:13 pm. Reason: sp
Old Aug 11th 2008, 5:33 am
BE Forum Addict

... that link wasn't very helpful because it's been archived - here is the latest Master Circular - but as far as I can see it doesn't answer the question (but the RBI site does have other Master Circulars on FRO accounts and remittances by foreign nationals, and these may be more helpful).

AndyD 8-)#
This may be what we need - it's FEMA itself:
#6(5) says:
A person resident outside India may hold, own, transfer or invest in Indian currency, security or any immovable property situated in India if such currency, security or property was acquired, held or owned by such person when he was resident in India or inherited from a person who was resident in India.

Last edited by a_f_d; Aug 11th 2008 at 5:35 am.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 5:41 am
BE Forum Addict

This may be what we need - it's FEMA itself:
#6(5) says:
A person resident outside India may hold, own, transfer or invest in Indian currency, security or any immovable property situated in India if such currency, security or property was acquired, held or owned by such person when he was resident in India or inherited from a person who was resident in India.
Chapter 2 Section 6 sub-Section 5 of The Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999.
I suggest that every FN who has bought property and may wish to sell it should print that off from the link I gave, get it laminated, and carry it around with them forever!!!

AndyD 8-)#
Old Aug 12th 2008, 8:01 am
Just Joined

barrance is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GOA Rukmini constructions please help

Hello, could anyone please help me, i had started buying a apartment at the Exotic Regencey phase 2 in Siolim which was due for completion in December 2008, this was being purchased through Churchill innovative solutions, i tried to ring them on monday to no avail i have since found out they have gone bust !!! It's a long chance but myself and others who have been affected are trying to contact the development builder whom i believe to be Rukmini Constructions, i have the bank account details in Mapusa and in Siolim, i do not know if they know of churchills demise as it seems sudden, Any contact information would be most grateful.
Barry

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.