GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Jul 10th 2008, 10:01 am
A little honey

Honey Bee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by Daff
And what about Mr Vaz. Has anybody heard from him!!!:curse: He is probably so busy trying to find his Goan roots he doesn't have time for the British people who have given him house, home and a very nice living!!
Hi Daff,
I have heard from him this week, acknowledging my "friendly" letter, but he wants my home address - NO CHANCE.
Told him I will answer any questions via my email address!!
Old Jul 10th 2008, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

mywaygoa is a jewel in the roughmywaygoa is a jewel in the roughmywaygoa is a jewel in the roughmywaygoa is a jewel in the roughmywaygoa is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Honey Bee
Hi Daff,
I have heard from him this week, acknowledging my "friendly" letter, but he wants my home address - NO CHANCE.
hi could someone let me know if the email address for milliband is correct sent my email twice and bother returned by mailer demon
Old Jul 11th 2008, 12:23 am
A little honey

Honey Bee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mywaygoa
hi could someone let me know if the email address for milliband is correct sent my email twice and bother returned by mailer demon
One milliband returned like you said, the others have not been returned. Perhaps his mail box is full!!!!!

p.s. just looked up his website address there is [email protected] think that is what on another thread.

Last edited by Honey Bee; Jul 11th 2008 at 12:25 am. Reason: looked up email address.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 5:04 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Honey Bee
Hi Daff,
a lot of MP's won't bother unless you're in their constituency (Keith Vaz otoh has replied to people - probably 'cos he's Minister for Asia so it's relevent).

AndyD 8-)#

Last edited by a_f_d; Jul 11th 2008 at 5:04 am. Reason: )
Old Jul 12th 2008, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

mywaygoa is a jewel in the roughmywaygoa is a jewel in the roughmywaygoa is a jewel in the roughmywaygoa is a jewel in the roughmywaygoa is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by a_f_d
a lot of MP's won't bother unless you're in their constituency (Keith Vaz otoh has replied to people - probably 'cos he's Minister for Asia so it's relevent).

AndyD 8-)#
hi i know this has probably been on before but do you know vaz's email then i wil send same letter to him
thanks
Old Jul 13th 2008, 2:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Calangute,Goa (October -May) Pattaya,Thailand (May-Oct)
enfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really nice

try [email protected] unless he's changed it due to loads of unsolicited mail re. Goa !
Old Jul 13th 2008, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

babu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nice

What follows is a template for a letter to be sent to David Miliband and others. Simply substitute the name and title or official capacity of the person (or office) to whom it is being sent. Copies will also go to The Daily Mail, News of The World, Independant, The Times, Sunday Times, The Sun, Daily Telegraph, etc., so that they might become aware that MP's and High Commissions are being lobbied over this issue.

Before sending, any factual errors or criticisms of focus or tone are welcomed without offence. The template is open for others to use from their own e mail address' and to whomsoever they wish to contact to raise the profile of this issue.

Incidentally, Goa and Indian newspapers are currently calming the concerns of those in the Goa tourism industry regards any downturn in the season ahead, and whether Goa is a "safe place" to visit? They are spinning out rubbish anticipating a "bumper season" using reassuring quotes about the safety and desirability of Goa from major UK based tour operators, each chartering 12,000 seats last year - "they would say that, wouldn't they!". Apparently, Goa now has amazing "cultural similarities" with Lithuania : a fledgling tour operator in Lithuania has commited to one charter aircraft, and may send up to a maximum of eight in the entire season.

Meanwhile, those few bars, restaurants, shops and guest houses that are open at the moment in the monsoon are doing so against a significant downturn in Indian arrivals, and are complaining. It is clearly evident that the 365 day Goa tourism ambition is taking a battering and so much for "rain tourism".

There is to be a Tourist Police Force - another layer of corruption and ineptitude - newly formed from a pool of retired officers; would that mean those who were suspended for their various nefarious activities of extortion, theft and turning a blind eye to certain crimes on being bribed or ordered to do so!

Truth is, they are sh*t scared of an impending disastrous season, and Indian domestic tourism is also anticipated to be on the downturn with rising domestic air prices, transport costs, inflation touching 12%, the BSE Sensex in freefall, and company profits being hurt by higher input prices and wage demands.

Read this: http://www.navhindtimes.com/articles.php?Story_ID=07137

The "lifeguard training programme" has reached graduation and the privately owned watersports company that conducted training is to make available jet skiis in both South and North Goa, so look forward to much noise and showing off at danger to life as they live out their Baywatch fantasies. At least they are moderate swimmers. I remember, a few years ago, when they recruited for lifeguards; out of 200 applicants, it turned out that only one could actually swim.

Would the Right Honourable MP for South Shields in his capacity as Secretary of State, Foreign & Commonwealth Office earnestly raise at a diplomatic level with the Indian Government at it's High Commission, New Delhi the issue of a multi million pound property fraud which is being perpetrated against British citizens in Goa, India.

For two years now, under continual uncertainty, British citizens who rightfully believed themselves to have legally purchased apartments and homes in Goa are being put under great stress and threat from the Goa State Government and authorities of the Central Government at New Delhi that their properties will be retrospectively confiscated.

Of the 482 cases of property purchase that are pending investigation and possible confiscation (i.e all of the known properties bought by foreigners in Goa since 1999) almost all have been purchased by British citizens having taken legal advice from advocates, builders, agents, accountants, (and the Reserve Bank of India) who have subsequently proved to have been unscrupulously deceitful often giving deliberately false advice and thinking only of their fees and profits.

Meanwhile, these same persons have run off with full payment in foreign exchange, and of property taxes and all other fees. The Land Register for the registration of Sales Deeds in Goa has been closed to foreign nationals for two years now, placing great uncertainty and anxiety on British citizens who are being disallowed to either register their purchase or effect their withdrawal from Goa by selling their property. Many want to simply be allowed to sell up and leave.

British citizens are also being unduly harrassed and discriminated against by over zealous tightening of Indian visa restrictions at Indian High Commissions in the UK and through their visa outsourcing service, placing further barriers against them visiting their properties in Goa.

Such discrimination by the Indian authorities has ethnic and racial undertones that are in complete contrast to the UK Governments policy of multiculturalism, friendship and shared interest as is extended to Indian nationals.

Can The Right Honourable Minister give due attention to this very serious matter by raising it at Consular and Parliamentary level? British families are being menaced in a morally reprehensible property theft which is being orchestrated at the hands of vested interests within Goan State and Indian Central Government. The long term residence of this small number of foreigners in Goa (population, 1.628 million; last Census, 2001) has no credible negative effect on the demographic, infrastructure or culture of Goa.

The persecution of British citizens in Goa is being used to divert attention from the real challenges facing Goa which are systemic corruption, environmental degradation, an absence of any infrastructure to cope with an overwhelming influx of economically impoverished migrants from other Indian States, and a sometimes brutal jostling for power and land to satisfy the voracious appetite for wealth by corrupt politicians who are in a quasi-criminal nexus with builders and "property developers".

There are approximately 60,000 individuals of Goan origin who presently live, work, run business and own property in the UK. Can it be brought emphatically to the attention of Consular authorities in India, the Goa Assembly, and the media by way of a press and internet release that, should there be confiscation of property bought in good faith by British nationals in Goa there wil be reciprocal investigation and action taken against Indian nationals in the UK; a rigorous investigation of their passport and visa status, the nature and legitimacy of their employment and residence, compliance with health & safety regulations, employment legislation, income tax and national insurance status, and their entitlement to UK Welfare, Education and Health Benefits, etc., etc.?

Last edited by babu1; Jul 13th 2008 at 7:06 pm.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 4:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Hi All,

Babu1 :

The Master Wordsmith has turned up "trumps" again....

Hopefully this will embarrass :embaressed_smile: the chinless lickspittles in the F.O into action,provided there is a concerted effort from ALL who read this thread...

K-C
Old Jul 14th 2008, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future

Hi All,
From the Goan Voice tonight...Has anyone any thoughts,ideas, replies, actions etc?

Tuesday 15 July, 2008

Looking For: Info re British Property Owners in Goa
Urgent Media Request
1. Copy of the letter from the Directorate of Enforcement. Names may be deleted.
2. Evidence of Goan Govt. acting proactively in encouraging Foreign Nationals to invest, live in Goa, buy property in Goa.
Info required Urgently - by Wed am UK time please. Please email [email protected] Thank you.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

yes I got a copy of that email - I thought I had a copy of someones DofE letter on file somewhere but I can't find it.
I'm sure it was published on this site somewhere. Does any one know / have it?

(As regards the Goa gov. promoting property purchase, I honestly don't think they ever have).

AndyD 8-)#
Old Jul 15th 2008, 5:45 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by a_f_d
yes I got a copy of that email - I thought I had a copy of someones DofE letter on file somewhere but I can't find it.
I'm sure it was published on this site somewhere. Does any one know / have it?

(As regards the Goa gov. promoting property purchase, I honestly don't think they ever have).

AndyD 8-)#
Hi Andy,
I am away at the moment, but I think the letter you are looking for I put on India Mike 2007 May around thread 301. My correspondence is in Goa
Old Jul 15th 2008, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

babu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nice

The one hour TV programme, I think it was BBC, and might have been called "No Going Back" - anyone have any accurate details? That was entirely dedicated to British couple Trevor and Jo buying a property "Jo's Ponderosa" in Candolim. There were sequences filmed with MLA Agnelo Fernandes at the Panchayat office actively helping them, as a government official, through the necessary paperwork to buy a property and subsequently run a guest house.

Anyone got any better info on it to send to Eddie Fernandes before noon today UK time?
Old Jul 15th 2008, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

Have faxed my copy of Dof E letter to Karen Pirie BBC radio 4 tis morning.think there was a programme called "get a life' about brits moving to Goa, Goan bonkers was about brits movng to Goa but i dont know what was said by indian officials
Old Jul 15th 2008, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

Jo and trevor from the Ponderosa never brought that property they rented it, and after a couple of years got on the wrong side of the village panchayat and eventually he stopped them trading as a guest house, they only have "friends" to stay now.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by poppetjay
Have faxed my copy of Dof E letter to Karen Pirie BBC radio 4 tis morning.think there was a programme called "get a life' about brits moving to Goa, Goan bonkers was about brits movng to Goa but i dont know what was said by indian officials
Can you send the Directorate of Enforcement letter to Eddie Fernandes at GoanVoice before noon today? Thanks.

Can't find Noni's one on indiamike.com yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.