Wikiposts

GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Jul 19th 2008, 6:15 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by noni
Perhaps things will start to improve!
At least we tried.
I'll drink to that!

cheers (_)? (_)? (_)? AndyD 8-)#
Old Jul 20th 2008, 3:13 am
A little honey

Honey Bee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by a_f_d
I'll drink to that!

cheers (_)? (_)? (_)? AndyD 8-)#
Perhaps a bit premature to drink to it!

http://www.goanvoice.org.uk.
Over 400 foreigners likely to loose Goan property.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 9:16 am
A little honey

Originally Posted by Honey Bee
Perhaps a bit premature to drink to it!

http://www.goanvoice.org.uk.
Over 400 foreigners likely to loose Goan property.
and now
http://www.goanvoice.org.uk
Move to limit foreigners buying land.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

1s.cowell is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Next week the Tonight team are broadcasting a programme with Jonathan Maitland about Brits buying property abroad, I don't know if any of the show will be devoted to Goa but, may I suggest that a concerted e'mail of any info,letters feelings etc is made to;

[email protected] ?

Jemma is part of the Tonight research team and was contacted previously in May this year before Radio 4 became effectively involved.

Thank you
Old Jul 21st 2008, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

Thank you Cowell,for that info, i think most of us responded to Jemma's request for information a couple of months ago she most probably was inundated with lots of emails etc, but never the less it dosent hurt to keep sending acticles and brilliant letters that have been written and posted here.
lets keep fighting!!!!
Old Jul 21st 2008, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Honey Bee
and now
http://www.goanvoice.org.uk
Move to limit foreigners buying land.
That article, like the Heraldo one is actually very sympathetic.

AndyD 8-)#
Old Jul 21st 2008, 10:18 pm
Just Joined

MapsaMapsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 1s.cowell
Next week the Tonight team are broadcasting a programme with Jonathan Maitland about Brits buying property abroad...Jemma is part of the Tonight research team and was contacted previously in May this year before Radio 4 became effectively involved. Thank you
Message from Jemma North:

"Just a quick note to let you know that the programme advertised does not involve Goa. I'd be very grateful if you could make this clear on the ExPats Forum as I am currently being inundated with emails!"

Apparently ITV have not yet made a decision on whether to make a programme about the Goa property crisis. The mail you sent to her should help to bring things to the boil!

Do watch the programme if you can. It should provide some pointers.
ITV1: Monday 28th July 2008: 20:00 to 20:30.
Holiday Homes Hard Sell: In an undercover investigation, Jonathan Maitland explores the marketing of homes abroad and meets British buyers who fear they will lose their hard-earned cash.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 11:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jemma North: ... currently being inundated with emails!
Sorry to Jemma - but well done everyone, I really think our publicity campaign is starting to bite!

AndyD 8-)#
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 1:35 am
A little honey

Originally Posted by a_f_d
Sorry to Jemma - but well done everyone, I really think our publicity campaign is starting to bite!

AndyD 8-)#
Yes it certainly is - see http://www.goanvoice.org.uk

Steven wood :curse::curse::curse: has been moaning about misleading claims on the BBC property market programme.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 7:13 am
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of

Here's a lik to the 'Times of India' e-paper - have a look at the main story at the top of page 12: By 2017, Indians might own large chunks of London

:curse:What a bloody pis**ake! For f**k's sake, why doesn't some :curse::curse: with the authority turn round & tell the Indians, oh no! unless you reciprocate the arrangement - your properties in London may be elligible for confiscation!

Tit for tat, an eye for an eye & all that?

Hemingway.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

erinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really nice

Suggest that anyone with 5 minutes to spare goes on the link to the Huddersfield Examiner and writes a short mail telling them how Mr Wood's view of the situation in Goa is the one which is not accurate. If they get enough comments this will speak for itself
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 6:37 pm
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I don't have any problems posting but could you send us the link
I could'nt find it when I googled
cheers
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 6:50 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Goacrazy56
Hi
I don't have any problems posting but could you send us the link
I could'nt find it when I googled
cheers
Try, this:

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/local...6081-21379541/

Regards

Hemingway
Old Jul 31st 2008, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

Daff has a spectacular aura aboutDaff has a spectacular aura aboutDaff has a spectacular aura about

Found this on the Gan Voice today. More people are seeing the light!

http://www.overseaspropertymall.com/...owners-in-goa/
Old Aug 5th 2008, 10:35 am
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Read the reply I got back from the foreign Secretary department after writing to him but are they prepared to do anything I don't think so though they have mentioned there concern,Interesting.They also sent me a an attachment with a list of lawers none of them in Goa if anyone needs one.

PROPERTY RIGHTS IN GOA

Thank you for your recent email of 14 July 2008 about property rights in Goa. As Head of the department responsible for India, I have been asked to reply.

We share your concern about recent statements by the Goan authorities, and have raised the issue both with the authorities in Goa and at a national level in the past . Senior Foreign and Commonwealth Office officials also raised the issue most recently with the Indian National Security Adviser on 26 July and the Indian High Commissioner on 28 July . We have made clear that there should be no question of confiscation of property acquired legally by British citizens. We await an official response from the Indian Government .

We will continue strongly to reiterate this message to the Indian authorities. And we will continue to try to protect the interests of British citizens by warning in our Travel Advice (www.fco.gov.uk) of the potential problems they could face in buying property in India.

Whilst we do so, we will not be able to become involved in any individual disputes which may arise, which are a matter for the Indian legal system. We advise British citizens experiencing such problems to engage the services of an independent local lawyer. We maintain lists of English speaking lawyers resident in various regions of India. I attach one now for your convenience: please note the disclaimer.

Regarding British citizens facing visa restrictions from the Indian High Commission in the UK, the granting of visas is entirely up to the Government of India. The UK Government cannot interfere in another country's visa policies and restrictions. Should you wish to take your concerns about the visa situation further, please contact the Indian High Commission in London.

Yours sincerely

Last edited by Goacrazy56; Aug 5th 2008 at 10:36 am. Reason: removed my name

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.