Wikiposts

GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Jun 26th 2008, 4:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Heres the links,

http://www.pressdisplay.com/pressdisplay/viewer.aspx

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/as...ng-in-Goa.html

Enjoy,

Remy.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 5:37 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

You do know how to cheer a girl up!
Old Jun 26th 2008, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by noni
You do know how to cheer a girl up!
Hi Noni,

I think the statement from Dayanand Narvekar maybe a positive step.......and being the law minister hopefully he can play a big part in ensuring that apartments bought in good faith and with proper intent are not confiscated.

He said,
"But, unlike Russians, who bought agricultural land resulting in a hue and cry, in 99% of cases involving the British these are simple purchases of apartments. I personally feel we should take a sympathetic view and not touch these properties."

Maybe all the media exposure and outcry from people and sites like this are beginning to make a differance.
I predict along with many others that Goa is heading for a disasterous upcoming tourist season and maybe just maybe that is what its going to take before the anti foreigner attitude (displayed by some goans although not all) diminishes.

Anyway, its Noffi time.

Love and Peace
Remy
Old Jun 26th 2008, 5:39 pm
HBN
Just Joined

HBN is an unknown quantity at this point

This from today:

Foreigners get the Goa jitters

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/F...ow/3170008.cms
Old Jun 26th 2008, 10:04 pm
Just Joined

MapsaMapsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HBN
This from today:

Foreigners get the Goa jitters

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/F...ow/3170008.cms
Goan Voice has a link to the full version of the article which appeared as the lead story in the electronic version of the Times of India Goa edition today. The article refers to concern being expressed by the British High Commission office in Mumbai.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 9:33 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MapsaMapsa
Goan Voice has a link to the full version of the article which appeared as the lead story in the electronic version of the Times of India Goa edition today. The article refers to concern being expressed by the British High Commission office in Mumbai.
to-days http://www.goanvoice.org.uk. "Government asked to freeze properties bought by FN"
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

1s.cowell is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Good morning,

A friend of mine who is purchasing via the company route, has received a FIRC document in what he believes is a record time of 6 weeks,and, it was CORRECTLY WORDED !(usually they take months and are invariably worded INCORRECTLY)
Would anyone like to comment ? or is this strange phenonemon just a coincidence or perhaps even stranger EFFICIENCY

Thank you

Simon

P.S any info on 99 year leases as yet ? (legality, availability etc )
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 1:35 am
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 1s.cowell
Good morning,

A friend of mine who is purchasing via the company route, has received a FIRC document in what he believes is a record time of 6 weeks,and, it was CORRECTLY WORDED !(usually they take months and are invariably worded INCORRECTLY)
Would anyone like to comment ? or is this strange phenonemon just a coincidence or perhaps even stranger EFFICIENCY

Thank you

Simon

Hi Simon,

Who has he received his FIRC document from? Is it to sign from his advocate or from his bank in India OR is it an approved certificate from the RBI?

Regards

Hemingway.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 1:51 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

<inalb etc.>
FN's cannot take leases for more than five years. As I have posted elsewhere there is legal precedent in Indian law that a deed agreeing to renew a lease (as often as required including 'in perpetuity') is valid and enforceable - but I suggest you take very senior legal advice before relying on that.

AndyD 8-)#
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

1s.cowell is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Hi Hemingway, A-f-D and all,

Hemingway, Our friend applied to,and received the FIRC from his bank in India apparently as stated "record time" so guess thats all in order ?
A-F-D, there is a large British based estate agents who are offering these 99 year leases "set up and signed" in the high court in India (apparently)
These details are going to be passed on to the"media" so thanks for confirming the FIVE YEAR MAXIMUM for those who may fall foul of yet ANOTHER pitfall :curse:

Kind regards

Simon
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by 1s.cowell
Hi Hemingway, A-f-D and all,

Hemingway, Our friend applied to,and received the FIRC from his bank in India apparently as stated "record time" so guess thats all in order ?
A-F-D, there is a large British based estate agents who are offering these 99 year leases "set up and signed" in the high court in India (apparently)
These details are going to be passed on to the"media" so thanks for confirming the FIVE YEAR MAXIMUM for those who may fall foul of yet ANOTHER pitfall :curse:

Kind regards

Simon
Hi Simon,
Who are the Estate Agents please pm me with their names if you don't want to put them on the site.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 10:16 am

Hi Simon,
Who are the Estate Agents please pm me with their names if you don't want to put them on the site.

Hi Simon Cowell
As you are such a leading light in the media perhaps you can help us and give our cause the media coverage. it deserves. I am sure your beautiful villa in Goa will run into the same problems as we face.

Thanks
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 6:00 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of

Hi Simon Cowell
As you are such a leading light in the media perhaps you can help us and give our cause the media coverage. it deserves. I am sure your beautiful villa in Goa will run into the same problems as we face.

Thanks
Noni,

Do you think it is THE Simon Cowell - I thought he already had a very swish villa in Ibiza & houses in L.A. & London - if it is, he's every right to be concerned as I'm sure it'll be classed as a 'MEGA PROJECT' & priced in Crores of Rs & not Lakhs!

Regards

Hemingway.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by hemingway
Noni,

Do you think it is THE Simon Cowell - I thought he already had a very swish villa in Ibiza & houses in L.A. & London - if it is, he's every right to be concerned as I'm sure it'll be classed as a 'MEGA PROJECT' & priced in Crores of Rs & not Lakhs!

Regards

Hemingway.
Now all of you be nice to him and perhaps we will be invited to "His home"
he is welcome to ours anytime
Old Jul 5th 2008, 7:19 pm
A little honey

Honey Bee is an unknown quantity at this point

Now all of you be nice to him and perhaps we will be invited to "His home"
he is welcome to ours anytime
In to-days paper. http://www.goanvoice.org.uk
FOREIGN NATIONAL PROPERTY REGISTRATION

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.