Wikiposts

GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Oct 1st 2007, 9:24 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland
Hello im here,

I can see what your writing about me you know.
Good grief at least have the manners to abuse me in a PM to each other.

Seriously though, i think you two are spot on, they(estate agents/developers) seem to be coming on here now fishing for business. Maybe they are starting to feel the pinch.

Regards,
Remy
what a day - must have lost weight running up and down stairs to see what is going on! Sad life - to many workmen in the house,
and raining. Only respite doing the school run. Oh for Goa
Old Oct 1st 2007, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

TONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond repute

Hello im here,

I can see what your writing about me you know.
Good grief at least have the manners to abuse me in a PM to each other.

Seriously though, i think you two are spot on, they(estate agents/developers) seem to be coming on here now fishing for business. Maybe they are starting to feel the pinch.

Regards,
Remy
And in all sorts of disguises, it's a shame that some are so obvious
Regards
TP
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 11:58 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TONY P
And in all sorts of disguises, it's a shame that some are so obvious
Regards
TP
Hi,

I really am very angry :curse::curse: why are people still allowed to offer properties for sale knowing we can't purchase, can't get the right visa, the register is close to FN.

"Frequently asked questions and answers" on goapropertysales.co.uk. website

The rules have changed recently in India regarding property purchase?
They have not changed since 1999

We hear on a regular basis that you cannot invest in India unless you have lived there for six months.
Not true we bought our property off plan without having visited India at the time.

You cannot own property in india unless you stay there for 183 days consecutively.
Not true we can show you how to own property outright, but many people indeed to stay the 183 days anyway

Can I get an extended VISA to cover more thant 6 months. YES :curse:

Do I need a business visa to set up a business? No

Do I need a Business VISA once I setup a limited company? YES

I cannot get my money out of India.

Not true you can repatriate your funds including the profit you make on production of a FIRC (Foreign Investment Remittance Certificate) And after taking the RBI's permission

probably on this site somewhere, but feel better now have typed it out.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by More
Hi Remy, No I have not had THE letter, but I know of three people who have. Two of them got their advocate to deal with it and have not heard anymore and one has had to go to Bombay. I dont know yet haw he got on. What happens if they give a T visa? That means you lose residency and not entitled to own a property!!!!!!!
Hi all,

I have just received a pm from a person who had a letter from the D of E
2 years ago. They sent their documentation to the D of E in Panjim then received a registered letter stating they must attend at interview in person in the Mumbai D of E. They took copies of everything including the originals and had a two hour interview had to sign an affidavid and then came home none the wiser even though the guy said there was nothing to worry about.

This is what Douglas said he was waiting for, didn't he?

They now want to sell up and have been to the RBI who will not issue a NOC for them to sell even though they do not need the Banks permission to sell the registrar requires this certificate
banks do not issue FIRCs anymore.

I wonder how other people have sold recently, or is this another "new" rule
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

japdealer is an unknown quantity at this point

spoke to UTI bank and Centurion bank also
they said there is no such rule for issue of FIRC .
Both banks said they issue FIRCs when requested.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by japdealer
spoke to UTI bank and Centurion bank also
they said there is no such rule for issue of FIRC .
Both banks said they issue FIRCs when requested.
Hi Japdealer,

As many of our BE members have found out.......What they say and what they do are two completely differant things.

BTW are you an FN or PIO?
Do you have property interests in Goa?
Where are you based?
Are you a buyer, a seller or both?

Regards,
Remy
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 9:58 pm

Hi Japdealer,

As many of our BE members have found out.......What they say and what they do are two completely differant things.

BTW are you an FN or PIO?
Do you have property interests in Goa?
Where are you based?
Are you a buyer, a seller or both?

Regards,
Remy
Well said Remy - their right hand does not know what the left is doing, no two officials sing from the same hymn sheet. :curse:
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 10:08 pm
Just Joined

curious about goa is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Hi all, I'm writing a feature about buying in India, especially Goa. If anyone is happy to talk to me about their buying (or failed) experience, please email me with your brief story and contact details, many thanks. I'm looking for UK and also Irish buyers.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by curious about goa
Hi all, I'm writing a feature about buying in India, especially Goa. If anyone is happy to talk to me about their buying (or failed) experience, please email me with your brief story and contact details, many thanks. I'm looking for UK and also Irish buyers.
Maybe you should post this in the British Expats 'Media Requests' Forum.
That is if you are indeed media.

As you are a new member i would suggest you tell us a bit more about yourself first as you havent disclosed any info in your profile.

Once your authenticity has been established, im sure there will be members willing to voice their opinion.

Regards,
Remy
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 11:43 pm
Just Joined

curious about goa is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Remy, Sorry as I'm new to the site I wasn't aware that there was a media request section. I'm a freelance journalist writing for a UK national and also an Irish publication. As I'm new, I can't send private messages for 24 hours but will send one tomorrow with more detail, otherwise if anyone would like to send me a message I'm happy to tell them more and would welcome hearing any good/bad experiences about buying in Goa. Many thanks.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 12:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by curious about goa
Thanks Remy, Sorry as I'm new to the site I wasn't aware that there was a media request section. I'm a freelance journalist writing for a UK national and also an Irish publication. As I'm new, I can't send private messages for 24 hours but will send one tomorrow with more detail, otherwise if anyone would like to send me a message I'm happy to tell them more and would welcome hearing any good/bad experiences about buying in Goa. Many thanks.

Hi Curious about goa,

A very warm welcome to the forum.
Im sure you will get loads of response with regards to your request.
Buying in India/Goa is a real minefield as many have found out.

Kind Regards,
Remy

To everyone else.....heres a chance to get the truth across.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 12:20 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

talking about land deals and "No black and white in Goan/Indian politics just slate grey." - according to oHeraldo the government is cpo'ing 8 lakh sq mtrs of land for peanuts for a 'food park' - and they crack down on 'foreign' buyers! - they must have been afraid there'd be none left to snaffle!!!

AndyD 8-)#
Old Oct 4th 2007, 12:35 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Hi More,

Correct!
A tourist (T) visa with its 180 day max stay will mean that you will lose Residency rights.
Douglas M had predicted all this would happen some time ago and was scorned at by many.
If you get a chance read Douglas's posts on this 'Buyer Beware' thread....its a real eye opener.

Regards,
Remy
Hi Remy,
not sure what you mean by 'residency rights' - and as has been frequently pointed out FEMA does not mention visas at all; also if you bought legally it's yours. Noni and others are still getting 1 or 2 year 'x' visas and the only (!) problem with a tourist visa *once you've bought* is that you have to leave every 180 days.
OTOH if you haven't bought - DON'T!

AndyD 8-)#
Old Oct 4th 2007, 12:38 am
BE Enthusiast

babu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nice

Hi Curious about goa,

A very warm welcome to the forum.
Im sure you will get loads of response with regards to your request.
Buying in India/Goa is a real minefield as many have found out.

Kind Regards,
Remy

To everyone else.....heres a chance to get the truth across.
Hi Remy,

If the person is a bona fide journalist my feeling would be that the emphasis should be on the inept and corrupt practices of the developers, agents and advocates; false promises, blatant lies, and improper advice; the systemic corruption of the politicians being hand in glove with the builder's lobby; a judiciary and bureaucracy that does not understand the interpretation or correct implementation of the law; the lack of professional standards of regulation, accountability, and redress; a minority population of self sufficient foreign nationals being used as scapegoats for political purposes; and the real issue of Goan identity being truly overwhelmed by a massive influx of impoverished economic migrants from other Indian State; not simply an article that reads merely as a succession of woefull accounts of "stupid foreigners" being duped, and "fools and their money being easily parted".

Name and shame the locals, give a warning against the false promises of the UK agents, and reveal it as a scandal that is now tarnishing Goa's already deteriorating reputation.

But then I'm not writing the potential article (just as well!), but will watch with interest.

Best wishes

P.S Keep posting - not too far from that 1,000th. post now!!
Old Oct 4th 2007, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

John Chappell will become famous soon enoughJohn Chappell will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by a_f_d
Hi Remy,
not sure what you mean by 'residency rights' - and as has been frequently pointed out FEMA does not mention visas at all; also if you bought legally it's yours. Noni and others are still getting 1 or 2 year 'x' visas and the only (!) problem with a tourist visa *once you've bought* is that you have to leave every 180 days.
OTOH if you haven't bought - DON'T!

AndyD 8-)#
Absolutely right Andy,

Neither is there any mention of registering with the FRRO to comfirm establishment of "Residency" under the rules outlined within FEMA.

Regards to all

John

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.