Wikiposts

GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Sep 22nd 2007, 3:41 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by Santan
Has anybody read the article link from the Goan voice "Sorrowing my lies" by Armastrong Vaz 20 Sept, he talks about the "government truce" on FNs
Have I missed something,drank to much or can't read (or all 3)
Santan

We can but hope.

Noni
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 5:14 am
TDK
BE Enthusiast

TDK is a jewel in the roughTDK is a jewel in the roughTDK is a jewel in the roughTDK is a jewel in the rough
Post Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by babu1
Hi All,

Apologies, I thought I'd bring this very interesting thread back to the top. It's been slipping into obscurity.

Interesting article to follow, if a little unfactual and all over the place, but have a read:

http://mangalorean.com/news.php?news...adcastid=53498

"Sorrowing Lies My Land" is a very famous novel by journalist Lambert Mascarenhas, first published in 1955, but last available in hardback at The Other India Bookstore, Mapusa, or Hotel Mandovi Bookshop, Panjim, amongst other outlets.

It recounts the growing repression of the Portugese colonials, particularly under the authority of Salazar prior to revolution??/ liberation?? / invasion??, and is a manifesto for self rule in the hope of better things to come.

Goan academics are still at loggerheads as to these various "historical truths" to this day. In many ways the continuing debate, the debacle over the withdrawl of the controversial historical DVD two years ago (you can see large extracts of it on youtube) , do little more than divert attention from the true realities of Goan society as they stand today.

Incidentally, it is my contention that the British held a very brief and never mentioned period of rule in Goa during the Napoleonic Wars when Portugal had become our enemy as part of Bonaparte's Empire. Certainly, there is a well maintained English Cemetary on the left, down a hill at the entrancre to Raj Bhavan. There are about forty overground tombs (which would be about right after a few years of tropical diseases), but the walls are too high to climb and the large gate is well padlocked so I couldn't get to see any inscriptions/dates.

Does anyone else know anything about this?

Regards
Hi Babu/Wheatsheaf/Santan/All,

Many thanks for your excellent analysis of the article by Arstrong Vaz which i read today and thanks also for resurrecting this very informative thread. I was also sent the article by Google and was just going to post the link here today, but you beat me too it! (just as well since my brain is a bit too frazzled right now to come up with anything smart)!

Santan, i'm also intrigued by the 'government truce' which Vaz refers to in his article (to keep us FNs/tourists sweet), but i'm afraid i haven't heard any more about that either, but as Noni said,we can but hope!

Anyway i'm just warming up for full on prayer mode to (hopefully) sort out my own property mess pretty soon!

regards
TDK

Last edited by TDK; Sep 22nd 2007 at 5:16 am.
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 4:14 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Santan
Has anybody read the article link from the Goan voice "Sorrowing my lies" by Armastrong Vaz 20 Sept, he talks about the "government truce" on FNs
Have I missed something,drank to much or can't read (or all 3)
Santan
Hi All,

Two articles in the Times on line to-day
under Lifestyle "In search of the sixties"

~"Filthy Lucre" - under property. Which still leads you to believe you can "do the 182 days" :curse:

Noni
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 1:17 am
BE Enthusiast

babu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by noni
Hi All,

Two articles in the Times on line to-day
under Lifestyle "In search of the sixties"

~"Filthy Lucre" - under property. Which still leads you to believe you can "do the 182 days" :curse:

Noni
Hi Noni,

Could you post some Links to these articles?

Thanks.
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 1:23 am

Hi Noni,

Thanks.
Have tried but can't find them again! Will try again.
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 1:27 am
BE Enthusiast

babu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nice

Hi Noni,

Thanks.
I found one of them:

http://property.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle2497982.ece
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 1:28 am

Hi Just found them,
thank god you did the typing. Is there an easy way of putting the links onto the forum?

Noni

http://travel.timesonline/co.uk/tol/...le25051155.ece
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 2:53 am

Hi Just found them,
thank god you did the typing. Is there an easy way of putting the links onto the forum?

Noni

http://travel.timesonline/co.uk/tol/...le25051155.ece

Sunday mirror holiday suppliment says you can:-

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/h...98487-19825974 :curse:
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 5:14 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Hi y'all -
this thread seems to have taken an interesting fork (or two) which I haven't had time to explore yet, but to return to our muttons** I have posted this elsewhere

(noni - to do that I copied the url into the clipboard, highlighted the word 'elsewhere', clicked on the little picture of a world with chains attached, and pasted into the box that popped up. Hey presto a link).

** an expression that probably came into my head 'cos I've just had an excellent mutton curry at Arpoorva in Mumbai (Fort district)

AndyD 8-)#

Last edited by a_f_d; Sep 23rd 2007 at 5:16 am. Reason: missed a bit
Old Sep 24th 2007, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by a_f_d
Hi y'all -
this thread seems to have taken an interesting fork (or two) which I haven't had time to explore yet, but to return to our muttons** I have posted this elsewhere

(noni - to do that I copied the url into the clipboard, highlighted the word 'elsewhere', clicked on the little picture of a world with chains attached, and pasted into the box that popped up. Hey presto a link).

** an expression that probably came into my head 'cos I've just had an excellent mutton curry at Arpoorva in Mumbai (Fort district)

AndyD 8-)#
Hi Andy,

Hope your having a good time....you lucky devil.

If you here anything rustling through the palm trees reference the current property fiasco be sure to keep us informed.

Cheers,
Remy
Old Sep 26th 2007, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland
Hi Andy,

Hope your having a good time....you lucky devil.

If you here anything rustling through the palm trees reference the current property fiasco be sure to keep us informed.

Cheers,
Remy
Hi All,
Now totally and utterly p*****d off.
Just read on the India Mike site, that one guy can't even sell to
indians - that is the ..................................... pits.

Must be a double + double 'noffi time.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Hi All,
Now totally and utterly p*****d off.
Just read on the India Mike site, that one guy can't even sell to
indians - that is the ..................................... pits.

Must be a double + double 'noffi time.
Hi Noni/All,

Is there no one out there that has had a conclusion yet to their DoE investigation?

If there is please please let us know what is happening.

Regards,
Remy
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:57 pm

Hi Noni/All,

Is there no one out there that has had a conclusion yet to their DoE investigation?

If there is please please let us know what is happening.

Regards,
Remy
Hi Remy,

Had email from Advocate last month, saying that he had not had any news for any of his clients, and "no news was good news", don't really think they will give us the courtesy of putting us out of our misery.

Noni
Old Sep 27th 2007, 7:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Remy,

Had email from Advocate last month, saying that he had not had any news for any of his clients, and "no news was good news", don't really think they will give us the courtesy of putting us out of our misery.

Noni
Read this link about land deals and violating FEMA fron todays Herald.

http://oheraldo.in/pagedetails.asp?nid=1861&cid=2

Regards,
Remy
Old Sep 28th 2007, 12:35 am

Read this link about land deals and violating FEMA fron todays Herald.

http://oheraldo.in/pagedetails.asp?nid=1861&cid=2

Regards,
Remy
Hi, have you a hangover!

should be in press release

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.