GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Oct 25th 2013, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

leavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs down Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by Chameleons
Well, here you go guys!

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...perty-in-india

Now we know!

Chameleons.
That's a lot of good! Nothing that we don't already know.
Old Oct 25th 2013, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by leavinggoa
That's a lot of good! Nothing that we don't already know.
... and quite a lot of it wrong!

AndyD 8-)
Old Oct 25th 2013, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Chameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really nice

Originally Posted by a_f_d
... and quite a lot of it wrong!

AndyD 8-)

My tongue was firmly in my cheek, Andy!

Way too little, way, way too late!

The best advice the UK government can give is DON'T DO IT!

Chameleons.
Old Oct 25th 2013, 12:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

A reminder that not all those with surplus cash are bright. Read this warning at the beginning

"If you are considering buying a property in India you will need to bear in mind that the legal system and steps to follow are different from those you may have experienced in the UK."
Old Oct 26th 2013, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by scot47
A reminder that not all those with surplus cash are bright. Read this warning at the beginning

"If you are considering buying a property in India you will need to bear in mind that the legal system and steps to follow are different from those you may have experienced in the UK."
It should read "If you are considering buying a property or investing in India DO NOT DO IT!" that is all it needs to say.
Old Oct 26th 2013, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by k800mer
It should read "If you are considering buying a property or investing, or riding a two-wheeler, or driving at night, or swimming in the sea, or paragliding in India DO NOT DO IT!" that is all it needs to say.
AndyD
Old Oct 26th 2013, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

poipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud of

Perhaps the government has lost out too...

http://oheraldo.in/News/Main%20Page%...ged/81178.html
Old Nov 12th 2013, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

Jessica is an unknown quantity at this point

Today I received a visit from two representatives from the Directorate of Enforcement saying my flat was the subject of an enquiry. They will get back to me with the information they require and showed my my Deed of Sale in their file. I have been anticipating this eventuality for years and now it has happened.
Naturally am taking advice all round and staying positive. Any feedback from anyone?
Old Nov 12th 2013, 2:20 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jessica
Today I received a visit from two representatives from the Directorate of Enforcement saying my flat was the subject of an enquiry. They will get back to me with the information they require and showed my my Deed of Sale in their file. I have been anticipating this eventuality for years and now it has happened.
Naturally am taking advice all round and staying positive. Any feedback from anyone?
Sorry to hear that
Do you know where it will lead?
Old Nov 12th 2013, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

Red face Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Not yet. Confiscation unlikely due to HMG intervention but fine possible. May be some legal action I can take before it gets to that. Work in progress!
Old Nov 12th 2013, 5:58 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Not yet. Confiscation unlikely due to HMG intervention but fine possible. May be some legal action I can take before it gets to that. Work in progress!
Oh dear, well good luck .... let us know how it goes, wont you :-)
Old Nov 19th 2013, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

erinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really nice

So very sorry to hear this. Understand how anxious you must be. This is very stressful as you don't have your destiny in your own hands. Do let us know how this goes.
Old Nov 19th 2013, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

Cool Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Thanks folks! Have good support and am just taking it a day at a time. I refuse to let it dominate my thoughts and feelings - life is too precious!
Old Dec 3rd 2013, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

For those who may be interested:
The powers delegated to FRROs website(which includes info on X visas for property owners) has moved:
http://mha.nic.in/pdfs/ForeigD-PwrdlgtFRROs.pdf // now gives a page not found
http://mha1.nic.in/pdfs/ForeigD-PwrdlgtFRROs.pdf // but here it is

hth

AndyD 8-(
Old Dec 3rd 2013, 2:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by a_f_d
For those who may be interested:
The powers delegated to FRROs website(which includes info on X visas for property owners) has moved:
http://mha.nic.in/pdfs/ForeigD-PwrdlgtFRROs.pdf // now gives a page not found
http://mha1.nic.in/pdfs/ForeigD-PwrdlgtFRROs.pdf // but here it is

hth

AndyD 8-(
The Tourist visa bit is well out of date as it still shows the 2 month rule.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.