GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Jul 4th 2013, 8:32 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
HOPE AT LAST.......

I have just received a phone call from friends of mine in Goa who have been under investigation by the DoE since 2009:

THEY HAVE BEEN CLEARED OF ALL CHARGES BY MR LOTLIKAR (Assistant Director, Goa DoE) AND BOTH THEY AND THEIR LAWYER HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED OF THIS DECISION IN WRITING.

Their circumstances mirror many others.. British people who moved to Goa lock stock and barrel and were on Residential visas at the time of purchase.

May this be the first of many.

Dread - x
YES DREAD YOU ARE RIGHT, I TOO HAVE HAD GOOD NEWS FROM FRIENDS WHO HAVE BEEN CLEARED. By the Directorate of Enforcement, all signed saying that they have done nothing wrong. Brilliant news especially for me, as we bought, and did all the purchase business in exactly the same way. Wonder if the D of E will just stamp papers like ours, or call us all in.
Anyway wonderful news,
Old Jul 28th 2013, 8:38 am
Just Joined

Slagtip is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

We registered the deeds to our house on the 8th April 2008 in Mapusa,after completing 230 days in the last financial year.we like most foreign residents received a letter from the Dept of Enforcement which was replied to and no other correspondence was entered into until today.We are at present in the UK and Indian friends have informed me that we are in receipt of a letter from the Dept of E,as I have not yet read the the letter I feel for the worse,a [ show cause notice ] which I relies has to be replied to within 30 days,my intention is after reading forward a copy to our advocate,will that be sufficient for us to proceed until our proposed return in October.

Slagtip
Old Jul 28th 2013, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Slagtip
We registered the deeds to our house on the 8th April 2008 in Mapusa,after completing 230 days in the last financial year.we like most foreign residents received a letter from the Dept of Enforcement which was replied to and no other correspondence was entered into until today.We are at present in the UK and Indian friends have informed me that we are in receipt of a letter from the Dept of E,as I have not yet read the the letter I feel for the worse,a [ show cause notice ] which I relies has to be replied to within 30 days,my intention is after reading forward a copy to our advocate,will that be sufficient for us to proceed until our proposed return in October.

Slagtip
The best of luck with the DofE - there has recently been some rather better news from them. Please keep us briefed as to what they say in the letter.

As an aside the date you quote is interesting - you presented your deeds 0n 8th April 2008 and got them registered, we presented ours on the 30th April and they were accepted but registration was refused. That gives us a reasonably accurate window on the registry closing.

AndyD 8-)
Old Jul 28th 2013, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

babu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nice

Did the closure of the Registrar to foreigners not follow the directive from Anupam Kishore to do so, a copy of which letter has been shown at BHCI and should be dated?

However, people were experiencing problems earlier by mid 2006, e.g. mamladtar placing Mutation Form I & XIV into permanent "pending" status even though all papers were correct and Form X, no objection had been received from the seller.

That status remains today even on a Registered Deed and if you push it they start trying to get you by the sanads, orchard land and all that, even when all around your Goan neighbours have homes, guest houses, and hotels on orchard land.

Land conversion sanad was seen as a tax and largely ignored even though utilities such as electricity, PWD water supply and payment of panchayat house tax, even tourism department guest house registration all took place to service these "orchard lands", and this all predates CRZ (19th. Feb. 1991).

I'm surprised the Registrar was even considering registration in April 2008, I thought the shutters were well down by then.
Old Jul 28th 2013, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

Hi thanks both for your quick replies,I am sorry I gave you the wrong date when the deeds were processed by the registrar in Mapusa it was 2004,not 2008,sorry I think it was the shock after so long without any problems.
Slagtip
Old Jul 28th 2013, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

More info,the letter from the Dept of E was delivered to our Goan address by speedboat,is this assign of bad news ? And if so and we have to attend an interview,because of the restriction on T visa,s for home owners,what visa do we apply for ?
Old Jul 28th 2013, 4:02 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

More info,the letter from the Dept of E was delivered to our Goan address by speedboat,is this assign of bad news ? And if so and we have to attend an interview,because of the restriction on T visa,s for home owners,what visa do we apply for ?
Speedpost?
Old Jul 28th 2013, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

Yes speed post,I was sure it had to be signed for ?
Old Jul 28th 2013, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

You should apply for 12-month 'X' (Entry) visas - see #14 here

Search here and on IndiaMike for details of required/ acceptable documents.

AndyD 8-)
Old Jul 28th 2013, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

Any
I. Have no problem providing proof of ownership,I.e copy of registered deeds,but a letter from the RBI giving permission I do not have as we purchased under FEMA,previously we had 5year X visa,s until we were prohibited in renewing them.
Old Jul 28th 2013, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Any
I. Have no problem providing proof of ownership,I.e copy of registered deeds,but a letter from the RBI giving permission I do not have as we purchased under FEMA,previously we had 5year X visa,s until we were prohibited in renewing them.
The official list is:
1 Reserve Bank of India Permission
2 Local government permission to construct the property
3 Registration of the property with the Government of India

You do at least have 3) which is quite rare <g>.

As far as I know no-one has RBI permission letter but quite a few people do have a letter saying that permission is not needed if you are FEMA resident.

2) Is the construction permit (for new property) if you have Portuguese era property just write a letter saying 2) doesn't apply, also include a copy of the Land Record/ Form I & XIV

It doesn't mention a copy of the Deeds but I always supply one, also PAN card.

AndyD 8-)
Old Jul 29th 2013, 7:17 am
Just Joined

Andy
Thanks for the information,I will gather all together and proceed with the application.
Old Jul 29th 2013, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Andy
Thanks for the information,I will gather all together and proceed with the application.
Good luck - suggest you go in person if possible, and be prepared for some discussion with VFS and a slightly longer processing time.

AndyD 8-)
Old Jul 29th 2013, 8:11 am
Just Joined

Thanks
If we are refused a X visa are we still eligible for a 6 month tourist visa after admitting we own property,hense being in the knowledge of breaking Indian Visa rules.
Old Jul 29th 2013, 8:29 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

With the amount of correct paperwork you have, politely stand your ground at VFS, they are only paperpushers.

In spite of this they love to pretend the have powers and tell people this or that is not possible, making up rules as they go along.

I am speaking from personal experience......... twice! And both times got the visa I was told was "not possible".

The decision will be made at the Indian High Commission, and there only, so if you are granted a Tourist Visa instead of an "X", in spite of presenting all that paperwork, its not up to you to worry about the legalities.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.