Scared of Making Wrong Decision

Old Nov 22nd 2010, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

Location: Sunrise, Florida, now S.C USA, soon to be back In Brum, UK
hayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to all
Default Re: Scared of Making Wrong Decision

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Oh Congrats on new baby, what a lovely name As if the baby would even know if you are there or not duh!!

Ah you are so nice to me, I feel like crying LOL!!

Glad you are enjoying it, funny thing is that the weather didn't bother me, unlike my daughter who said No Way could she live there she would get depressed and probably get that Seasonal Disorder thingie LOL!! I like that swirly mist and the definite changes of seasons.......

Well I can't press the bloody pay button for the ticket as I have posted on here endlessly since last night!!! I wanted to go on BA because they have that very attractive (well compared to other rip off airlines) excess baggage rate, they had a FANTASTIC fare of $1020.00 one way - I even started a thread about it!! That was up until the last time I checked at 1pm yesterday, so off I drove down to the 'gong to tell my daughter face to face I was going back, all went well, so I came home last night, got a nice glass of wine ready together with my credit card,logged on and the fare had shot up to $1570!!! $560 in a few measly hours......arrgghhhh..........

So on the advise of others I am checking the BA website by the hour. Etihad do have a one way fare of $1017.00 but I wanted BA....wwaaaaa.......
if its a one way make a trip out of it, me and my mom are goin g on the QM2 6 days cruise out of NY it is cheaper than some plane tickets and everything is included, might be a nice way to exit the old life and start fresh (-: good luck!
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 2:46 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hayleyatfla
if its a one way make a trip out of it, me and my mom are goin g on the QM2 6 days cruise out of NY it is cheaper than some plane tickets and everything is included, might be a nice way to exit the old life and start fresh (-: good luck!
Oh Lucky you and your Mom. I want to go home by QM2, make a real holiday of it and say good bye to US with style (British style at that )
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Might as well go in style, plus you can take all that extra luggage, Very Nice.
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 9:38 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Ah if only, I just checked it out, very few cruises out of Australia. It takes 38 days so I never even bothered checking out the cost!!

Good on you and your mum, I'm sure you'll have a blast!!
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

hayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to all

Ah if only, I just checked it out, very few cruises out of Australia. It takes 38 days so I never even bothered checking out the cost!!

Good on you and your mum, I'm sure you'll have a blast!!
oh crap , wow yeah, i am sorry i always seem to think everyone is in the USA... see becoming too bloody selfish , get me out hahaha.... good luck with your ticket...
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gabgoeshome
Thank you SO much for your words of advice -they really do help when one is pondering and second guessing
You are very welcome, from reading what you said about not wanting to grow old here Im sure you are making the Right decesion, Time is of the essence, Good Luck to you.
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

hey everyone, i know there is a thread on here somewhere mentioning what electronics are worth taking back but I cant seem to find the thread. Does anyone know which it is..? The only 2 things i ant to keep are my Phillips 52 inch flat screen t.v and my bose Ipod dock... I heard t.v's are compatible now but not sure if i would need more than just a plug convertor and / or if it would work with "SKY" ... anyways sorry to change the thread with this post just got a bit lost on here.....

Cheers!
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 9:19 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

hey everyone, i know there is a thread on here somewhere mentioning what electronics are worth taking back but I cant seem to find the thread. Does anyone know which it is..? The only 2 things i ant to keep are my Phillips 52 inch flat screen t.v and my bose Ipod dock... I heard t.v's are compatible now but not sure if i would need more than just a plug convertor and / or if it would work with "SKY" ... anyways sorry to change the thread with this post just got a bit lost on here.....

Cheers!
Why don't you start a new thread on here. In the Moving Back to the UK bit, I am sure there are lots of experts. I thought the US had a different voltage system to the UK? I know Australia is the same as the UK, then it's just a matter of changing the plugs and Bob's ya uncle!!
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

Why don't you start a new thread on here. In the Moving Back to the UK bit, I am sure there are lots of experts. I thought the US had a different voltage system to the UK? I know Australia is the same as the UK, then it's just a matter of changing the plugs and Bob's ya uncle!!
good i dea , will do.. i know the voltage is 120 here and 240 in UK and when i visit i take an adaptor and things work i know it cuts the life of your electronices but if i can save money on a t.v great.. i did here the somthing about the t.v line could be diffrent.. will post a thread and forward it to you.. thanks (:
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 8:41 am
Home Sweet Home

good i dea , will do.. i know the voltage is 120 here and 240 in UK and when i visit i take an adaptor and things work i know it cuts the life of your electronices but if i can save money on a t.v great.. i did here the somthing about the t.v line could be diffrent.. will post a thread and forward it to you.. thanks (:
Yeah the voltage system is defo different when I have been to Hawaii I take an adaptor but my hairdryer is sooo piffly slow.........it is just not the same oomph as here LOL!!
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 11:50 am
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

You can run electrical goods off a transformer, but if it takes a lot of power the transformer will be huge and expensive. Not worth it.

We're running computers and monitors, however, plus some other small things.

I know UK TVs are completely different -- more or less lines -- but it's possible the modern ones can handle both. Someone will know.

Bev
Old Nov 24th 2010, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

vagabonding is an unknown quantity at this point

So many comments on this thread hit the nail on the head. Someone mentioned about how you feel when you are returning to the UK and landing after a while abroad. I feel a massive sense of relief when I touch down, and when leaving the UK the cloud starts to form again.
It takes an enormous amount of courage I think to give everything up and try and return home, but thats what it is....home and I think being an expat we can forget that. I was back in September and took my wife and inlaws to the Lake District, and knew that this is where I belong. It gets more and more difficult as time goes by, and I know like others have said, about trying to make your house nicer, getting a new job etc etc......but it doesnt fix the underlying problem of feeling like you dont belong.
Old Nov 24th 2010, 8:39 am
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by vagabonding
So many comments on this thread hit the nail on the head. Someone mentioned about how you feel when you are returning to the UK and landing after a while abroad. I feel a massive sense of relief when I touch down, and when leaving the UK the cloud starts to form again.
It takes an enormous amount of courage I think to give everything up and try and return home, but thats what it is....home and I think being an expat we can forget that. I was back in September and took my wife and inlaws to the Lake District, and knew that this is where I belong. It gets more and more difficult as time goes by, and I know like others have said, about trying to make your house nicer, getting a new job etc etc......but it doesnt fix the underlying problem of feeling like you dont belong.
So so true, I spent a year back there, only got back in April and I have had it, I cannot live like this any longer, it doesn't matter where you live, what job you have, etc...........none of that matters except the feeling of not belonging and hey I lived for 6 months last year in the Lake District......how lucky was I?
Old Nov 24th 2010, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by vagabonding

Vagabond, I totally understand...

When I'm on my way home I'm always so excited, so pumped up and silly like a child, I drive my wife crazy.

When I know I'm close to home I have my eyes to the window looking for any site of land, finally I see the rolling hills, fields and homes below, usually its dark, I see the amber street lights above Birmingham or Manchester, the cars look tiny from above, they look awesome, sometimes its raining but what do I care, its english rain, I get so excited I could almost cry, I LOVE The Old Country, I just feel so normal, if only the British that live there could feel this way.

One of these days...
Old Nov 24th 2010, 9:43 am
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
Vagabond, I totally understand...

When I'm on my way home I'm always so excited, so pumped up and silly like a child, I drive my wife crazy.

When I know I'm close to home I have my eyes to the window looking for any site of land, finally I see the rolling hills, fields and homes below, usually its dark, I see the amber street lights above Birmingham or Manchester, the cars look tiny from above, they look awesome, sometimes its raining but what do I care, its english rain, I get so excited I could almost cry, I LOVE The Old Country, I just feel so normal, if only the British that live there could feel this way.

One of these days...
One of these days..........FISH you WILL be there.......you just need to stop procrastinating and wishing and hoping and praying and JUST DO IT!! You are a hell of a lot luckier than most peeps on here in that you have assets in more than one house........so do it man.........get rid and get back home!! You are living in the wrong country and you know it.........life is too short to procrastinate any longer.........it is for NOW and for living not DYING.......just keep posting about your FEELINGS and you will get there.........I promise you, forget about all the HEAD stuff, the FEELING stuff is what matters the most......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.