Scared of Making Wrong Decision

Old Nov 20th 2010, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

EnglishRose15 has much to be proud ofEnglishRose15 has much to be proud ofEnglishRose15 has much to be proud ofEnglishRose15 has much to be proud ofEnglishRose15 has much to be proud ofEnglishRose15 has much to be proud ofEnglishRose15 has much to be proud ofEnglishRose15 has much to be proud ofEnglishRose15 has much to be proud ofEnglishRose15 has much to be proud ofEnglishRose15 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Scared of Making Wrong Decision

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Good luck English Rose, you can LITERALLY make yourself ill living where you don't want to be.

I maybe get indigestion/heartburn once every 2 or 3 years and just lately I have had to buy indigestion tablets as this "thing" is gnawing away at my insides....I have only been back since April, couldn't get a job for 3 months, got my own rented flat again, moved in in July, and as lovely as it is and as much as I like my job it is not filling the empty space inside me......

Having a few probs buying my ticket as the fare keeps changing but as scared as I am I know I am doing the right thing for me.......possessions and money come and go while the years slip away.....why don't you join me EnglishRose, take a good look from where you are sitting right now, look at all your "stuff" does any of it really matter? It's just wood, glass, material or maybe bricks if you have to sell a place.......can you honestly say you can live in this place you call home for the rest of your life? I got out photo's and looked at the pics from when I was in England and compared them to how I FEEL now inside......and when I am there I FEEL so different inside, I am sure you know what I am talking about as does everybody on this thread.

You know your REAL home is not here, it is there........

Follow your feelings...
Thanks Bee, You are such a support, and inspiration. I was just thinking what you posted, before I sat down at the computer again. I have a lovely house, which looks wonderful today in the sunshine, my husband is outside mowing the lawn, and I feel so empty inside I could cry. What is a great house, if you can't have your Mum over for a cup of tea, or go out shopping with your sister or friends and enjoy sharing a joke and catching the bus home? those are the things I miss, not the big things or even the big occasions, it is the daily living things. GULP, I am really getting ready to go now.....
Old Nov 21st 2010, 12:15 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EnglishRose15
Thanks Bee, You are such a support, and inspiration. I was just thinking what you posted, before I sat down at the computer again. I have a lovely house, which looks wonderful today in the sunshine, my husband is outside mowing the lawn, and I feel so empty inside I could cry. What is a great house, if you can't have your Mum over for a cup of tea, or go out shopping with your sister or friends and enjoy sharing a joke and catching the bus home? those are the things I miss, not the big things or even the big occasions, it is the daily living things. GULP, I am really getting ready to go now.....
Oh yes I know what you mean so much......I have tried hard to make this flat look so nice with all my bits and bobs, and yes it does look lovely with my new Freedom sparkly curtains and new silver leaf ornament thingies shining in the sunshine.......but you know what? Inside I am slowly dying.......it sounds dramatic huh? But it's not a dramatic feeling..........it is a feeling of disconnection of everything around me, I just don't fit, never have, never will though God knows I have tried and it seems like you have too, for 16 years.......

I hope your husband is on your side for the move, does he love it here, I do hope not for your sake.......
Old Nov 21st 2010, 12:19 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if you can zoom in on my avatar pic, but it is a big fat bumble bee, I was sooo happy and excited when I saw this bee on the flower!! I had forgotten about British bumble bee's LOL!! I want to feel those feelings of happiness and excitement again, and HONESTLY I haven't felt like that once since I came back, not once...........

This is not living..........not when we feel the way we do.......
Old Nov 21st 2010, 12:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello English Rose, you are speaking to others who think exactly the same as you, it is the small things that matter,
Ive had nice homes too but its always something more than possesions that you really need.
I Love the Brit attitude and humour, Ive missed it all along... Good Luck to you...
Old Nov 21st 2010, 3:02 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Awww (((hugs)))
Old Nov 21st 2010, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

Location: Sunrise, Florida, now S.C USA, soon to be back In Brum, UK
hayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Awww (((hugs)))
I miss the people , the honesty, the good times, the family, the rides on the bus up town, good pubs, a good curry, a cuppa and great conversation... nothing compares to the Brits when you are one... I had a beautiful home, 4 bed, 2 bath and office , a pool a tanning bed, yet so lost and miserable.... so we must get on with how we feel and when i was back in the UK in August I felt more at peace than I have ever in my life and more connected and real... I want to live that way,, where ever you feel that peace, yo ubelong.. Good LUck.. xoxoxo

Hayley
Old Nov 21st 2010, 3:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

I always tell people to write a lists of the loves and hates they have now, and what they miss about the UK, that way they can look at that list when they are home and having second thoughts, I think once we are home we take things for granted and forget some of the bad things, its just a good thing to have it written down, even the smallest detail, it can save you from making the trip back, I know of a few who have done that myslef included, its expensive, frustrating and wastes lots of time.

Just write the lists on a small notepad so it doesn't take up much space, put the Usa on one side and Uk on the other... Simple..
Old Nov 21st 2010, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hayleyatfla
I miss the people , the honesty, the good times, the family, the rides on the bus up town, good pubs, a good curry, a cuppa and great conversation... nothing compares to the Brits when you are one...:
I know about the honesty, not wanting to tell people how you really feel about many things as you are a guest in their country and dont want to offend...

The Good times are the Best, they just are...
Old Nov 21st 2010, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

SammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really nice

dont quite remeber gets me from Kings Norton / Kings Heath to town though..(-: I'll have a drink for ya!
That's definitely the number 50 bus! The joys of Druids Heath, the Maypole, Kingsheath, through Moseley and the like! :0)
Old Nov 21st 2010, 8:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Beedubya - get off your backside and hit the "buy now" button"! You know you want to (well, I would hold your hand but it looks as if you need more than that - where is the boot in bum icon when you need it?)

You know that you succeeded the last time you were here in UK and you know that you can do it again (have you checked out with your last job to see if they are still looking for someone as wonderful as you?)

I know what you mean about leaving the grandkids - it wouldnt bother me one iota although it would bother the d-i-l who thinks I need to be there for my granddaughter. What she expects me to do when I have one set in Aus and one set in UK is another matter. We now have a pair of girls in Aus with Ava being born last Sunday - she looks cute in pics but I wouldnt have swapped my 6 weeks here in UK for getting to know her on day 1, not for all the tea in china.

BTW dont let the "its dismal weather" posts get you down - it isnt. It is highly variable and although yesterday was grey and overcast the day before that started out glorious and ended up being swirly mist. Today started patchy cloud but but looks as if if could be grey again (end of the world, huh!)

Now, have you pressed the "buy me" button or not????
Old Nov 21st 2010, 8:11 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
Beedubya - get off your backside and hit the "buy now" button"! You know you want to (well, I would hold your hand but it looks as if you need more than that - where is the boot in bum icon when you need it?)

You know that you succeeded the last time you were here in UK and you know that you can do it again (have you checked out with your last job to see if they are still looking for someone as wonderful as you?)

I know what you mean about leaving the grandkids - it wouldnt bother me one iota although it would bother the d-i-l who thinks I need to be there for my granddaughter. What she expects me to do when I have one set in Aus and one set in UK is another matter. We now have a pair of girls in Aus with Ava being born last Sunday - she looks cute in pics but I wouldnt have swapped my 6 weeks here in UK for getting to know her on day 1, not for all the tea in china.

BTW dont let the "its dismal weather" posts get you down - it isnt. It is highly variable and although yesterday was grey and overcast the day before that started out glorious and ended up being swirly mist. Today started patchy cloud but but looks as if if could be grey again (end of the world, huh!)

Congratulations on your new Grandaughter Quoll
Old Nov 21st 2010, 9:56 am
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by quoll

Oh Congrats on new baby, what a lovely name As if the baby would even know if you are there or not duh!!

Ah you are so nice to me, I feel like crying LOL!!

Glad you are enjoying it, funny thing is that the weather didn't bother me, unlike my daughter who said No Way could she live there she would get depressed and probably get that Seasonal Disorder thingie LOL!! I like that swirly mist and the definite changes of seasons.......

Well I can't press the bloody pay button for the ticket as I have posted on here endlessly since last night!!! I wanted to go on BA because they have that very attractive (well compared to other rip off airlines) excess baggage rate, they had a FANTASTIC fare of $1020.00 one way - I even started a thread about it!! That was up until the last time I checked at 1pm yesterday, so off I drove down to the 'gong to tell my daughter face to face I was going back, all went well, so I came home last night, got a nice glass of wine ready together with my credit card,logged on and the fare had shot up to $1570!!! $560 in a few measly hours......arrgghhhh..........

So on the advise of others I am checking the BA website by the hour. Etihad do have a one way fare of $1017.00 but I wanted BA....wwaaaaa.......
Old Nov 21st 2010, 10:04 am
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
I always tell people to write a lists of the loves and hates they have now, and what they miss about the UK, that way they can look at that list when they are home and having second thoughts, I think once we are home we take things for granted and forget some of the bad things, its just a good thing to have it written down, even the smallest detail, it can save you from making the trip back, I know of a few who have done that myslef included, its expensive, frustrating and wastes lots of time.

Just write the lists on a small notepad so it doesn't take up much space, put the Usa on one side and Uk on the other... Simple..
OR we could come on here and read our old posts, like I did yesterday, read my own I mean and I can feel the difference in my very own posts, just like I can feel Quoll writing differently on here this past few days....and Charleygirl when she was in England...and Anna when she pops in and out.......it REALLY does come across in the writing.....people seem "lighter" and "brighter" when they are where they are supposed to be.........
Old Nov 21st 2010, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
Hello Gabby...

Don't worry about your eldest sons electronic stuff, he can take most if not all of it back to the UK, you can replace some things, the UK is not behind, if anything they are early adopters and ahead of the USA, I can see where you are coming from, but long term you will be doing him and yourself a big favor, kids of 12 don't understand this, he may have sticky feet, but he does not have your knowledge or wisdom.

In ten or twenty years time ask him if he would like 2 or 4 weeks paid vacation, and what about healthcare? as many others on this forum would tell you Now is the time to do it, wait a few years and chances are you will never do it as you will be splitting up your family forever, then you will find yourself Stuck...

Its great that you already know you don't want to grow old here, I could tell you my story, it would blow your mind, getting old anywhere isnt fun but in a nice American care facility it can be awful.

I wish you well...
Thank you SO much for your words of advice -they really do help when one is pondering and second guessing
Old Nov 21st 2010, 5:19 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

dont quite remeber gets me from Kings Norton / Kings Heath to town though..(-: I'll have a drink for ya!
I am from Kings Norton

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.