Scared of Making Wrong Decision

Old Feb 2nd 2011, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Sunrise, Florida, now S.C USA, soon to be back In Brum, UK
hayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to all
Default Re: Scared of Making Wrong Decision

Originally Posted by Lorac05
Congrats - it's nice to have that date as the light at the end of the tunnel I am hoping to get a date sorted out for me soon!!
good luck.... if you get the chance to take the boat, go for it... you dont have to pay all at once i put down $400 and dont have to be paid up till July and if you dont have pets to worry about there are many dates to chose...
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 7:46 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hayleyatfla
I didnt realize you were going back so soon yourself.... how great... Everyone on here is wonderful we should all stay in touch maybe one day once we are all home we can all meet up for a cuppa (:

Yes NY to Southampton, mom is coming with me as the price is the same for 2 people in the cabin as it would be for one, problem is she has 2 dogs... so she may have to come back and then leave again at a later date... However when I booked on Jan 30th they had no room for any dogs and put me on a wait list, 2 days later there was a cancellation and i got on. So she has now put her dogs on the list and we get that luck it will be amazing....

Good Luck with everything...... I am sure I wll cry as I pull away on the boat as I have experienced so much in 20 years but ready for a new long awaited chapter at home.... You will be great back home I know it (:
Wow that fare is unbelievable, and great that you get to share the experience with your mum, I can't believe the price is the same for 2 as 1, why would you fly if you could do this? Not looking forward to my hellish flight, 24 hours cramped up in cattle class.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Sunrise, Florida, now S.C USA, soon to be back In Brum, UK
hayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Wow that fare is unbelievable, and great that you get to share the experience with your mum, I can't believe the price is the same for 2 as 1, why would you fly if you could do this? Not looking forward to my hellish flight, 24 hours cramped up in cattle class.
wow thats quite a flight m goodness. I dont mind flying but i hate the idea of flying little Daisey (my pup) and yeah you pay per cabin for up to 2 or 4 people .... it should bea nice way to start over..... Good luck to you... keep us posted.... where are you hanging your hat back at home? I'm sorry we all talk about so many places i forgot...
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 8:37 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

i know the trip itself is very exciting and cheaper than flying.. I could have been cramped in coach on an airplane for 9 hours worried about my dog in the cargo bay for $2500....

now i get a cabin for 2 (mom and I) a private kennel for my dog i can see 5 times a day, a 6 day cruise and a holiday for $2300...... best way to go, cant beat that.......
Someone on here has said that before and I wondered if they had just managed to get a real bargain.
I think when time comes for booking we'll look into the ship, so dignified. We have never been on a cruise, Dh hates to fly, so maybe we will. Two adults and a small child in a cabin, we'll send Ds by plane with a load of excess luggage
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

well guys I finally got my date booked to head home..... Luckily room opened up in the kennels for my little dog on the Queen Mary 2 for Oct 7th of this year..... So crazy how once you book that ticket how kind of surreal it still all is..... I have had a few "what if" momments... but i just tell myself it must be the right thing for me right now because I have planned so much and wanted it so bad for so long..... and besides I am very lucky in having dual citizenship so i can always come back to the states should my mind every change... Over all I am happy and excited and even more thrilled that I don't have to put my poor little dog under the plane as that was my bigest fear.... I try to avoid the "ney sayers' and the "anti-uk" people now as i remember many of them have never left England so things everywhere else must seem Rosey to them.....They don't know what its like to miss home and ache with that feeling of needing to feel like you belong somewhere again............. SO the countdown is on, lots to do, find housing and a job.......Happy, nervous and excited.... Here I come!
Hooray!!!! SO glad you waited a little longer so you could accommodate your little dog on the ship!! I am SO excited for you. It will work out. I just know it
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

well guys I finally got my date booked to head home..... Luckily room opened up in the kennels for my little dog on the Queen Mary 2 for Oct 7th of this year..... So crazy how once you book that ticket how kind of surreal it still all is..... I have had a few "what if" momments... but i just tell myself it must be the right thing for me right now because I have planned so much and wanted it so bad for so long..... and besides I am very lucky in having dual citizenship so i can always come back to the states should my mind every change... Over all I am happy and excited and even more thrilled that I don't have to put my poor little dog under the plane as that was my bigest fear.... I try to avoid the "ney sayers' and the "anti-uk" people now as i remember many of them have never left England so things everywhere else must seem Rosey to them.....They don't know what its like to miss home and ache with that feeling of needing to feel like you belong somewhere again............. SO the countdown is on, lots to do, find housing and a job.......Happy, nervous and excited.... Here I come!
Good for you Hayley, you have the right attitude...

Its normal to worry we all do that, but never give up or change your mind, go back and give it 110%, I went back to the UK and came back here 6 months later as I didn't have a job, Now I wished I had stayed as I've never been totally happy here, keep that good "can do" attitude in the back of you mind and enjoy the sail back home, I love that you feel that way about your Dog, anyone could buy an airline ticket and throw the pooch in the hold...

Forget the Ney sayers in the UK, they don't have the real life experience like you do, they have opinions, but until they've walked in your shoes they really have no clue...

Something tells me you are going to have a Great Christmas in 2011...

Now get sorting stuff and saving money, its gonna be a great year for you.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 9:12 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

That's fantastic news - maybe they'll take a detour and drop you off at Gas Street Basin.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 7:45 pm

citizenmarie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by garyp
thanks for the comments everyone. probably book flights today as wife has sort of come round and realised its not for all the family. Just realised that our lives were not that bad in Uk and moving because the weather is shit is not a good enough reason. I seriously thought this move was better for my children but they hate it and having witnessed OZ now I dont think that is the case. I am fairly lucky that my job is still open in UK having took a career break and we have our house with a tenant if we want to go back to but dont intend. we will probably rent somewhere. Its just the financial sacrifice moving over and back which is eating me at mo.
So I'm really curious, what do you and your kids dislike so much in Australia?