Scared of Making Wrong Decision

Old Nov 26th 2010, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scared of Making Wrong Decision

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Fish and Chips, sorry I hadn't realised it was THAT bad over there, I thought you were just stalling about actually DOING it......

Windsong, that is DISGUSTING about your home, what a terrible thing to happen to anybody, I hope you sue that bank BIG TIME!!

Hi Barb.
No I'm not Stalling, I'm just trying to sell my parents house then mine, things are in the toilet here.

Its not Obama's fault in my opinion, he inherited the worst situation in 80 years, the previous administration did this to us, starting wars is always a bad idea and especially when its a war you will NEVER win, Its put this country in serious debt to China, that's not even mentioning all the unnecessary loss of life.

Add to that the greedy wall street scum and you've got a world economy that is suffering, all due to the USA and people who have lots of money and not an ounce of compassion, and none of these people will see a prison cell.

Unemployment figures are bad and banks who were bailed out by the tax payers don't want to lend people money, so the economy has slowed down a lot, my income is down 60%, I'm supplementing my income with money Id saved for my UK move, remember me saying I drove a 20 yr old car, well that's why, I was saving for my move back, The truth is I expected America to bounce back within a year, America usually bounces back quickly but it still hasn't happened this time.

What happened to Windsong has happened to tens of thousands of others here, yes kicked out of their homes while going through a refinance program organized by the government and in tandem with the lending banks, in the last month the Government learned that these banks don't even have proper documentation to throw people out, but how is the home owner to know that, they aren't used to being kicked out of their homes every day.

Its all very political, the Republicans are back in power here and intend to sort out Obama's mess, a mess THEY CREATED, people are disgusted, many didn't show up at the recent elections, they expected Obama to wave a magic wand and in 21 months have this all sorted out, Americans have no patience at all, it took 8 years of insane over spending and you cant stop that and reverse the effects in 21 months, he will need another 4 years at least, so Americans will suffer while the Corporations feather their nests.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me but it is my opinion, politics are VERY polarizing in this country, its only got worse as time as gone on, this country is very divided, its a shame cos the middle class are certainly not winning, Elections are bought and paid for by corporations and they benefit, that's just a fact.

You've probably seen the financial problems Greece has been having, well Ireland is now in the same position, they are going under too and need baling out.
Old Nov 26th 2010, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

geeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56

Its not Obama's fault in my opinion, he inherited the worst situation in 80 years, the previous administration did this to us, starting wars is always a bad idea and especially when its a war you will NEVER win, Its put this country in serious debt to China, that's not even mentioning all the unnecessary loss of life.

Add to that the greedy wall street scum and you've got a world economy that is suffering, all due to the USA and people who have lots of money and not an ounce of compassion, and none of these people will see a prison cell.

Unemployment figures are bad and banks who were bailed out by the tax payers don't want to lend people money, so the economy has slowed down a lot, my income is down 60%, I'm supplementing my income with money Id saved for my UK move, remember me saying I drove a 20 yr old car, well that's why, I was saving for my move back, The truth is I expected America to bounce back within a year, America usually bounces back quickly but it still hasn't happened this time.

What happened to Windsong has happened to tens of thousands of others here, yes kicked out of their homes while going through a refinance program organized by the government and in tandem with the lending banks, in the last month the Government learned that these banks don't even have proper documentation to throw people out, but how is the home owner to know that, they aren't used to being kicked out of their homes every day.

Its all very political, the Republicans are back in power here and intend to sort out Obama's mess, a mess THEY CREATED, people are disgusted, many didn't show up at the recent elections, they expected Obama to wave a magic wand and in 21 months have this all sorted out, Americans have no patience at all, it took 8 years of insane over spending and you cant stop that and reverse the effects in 21 months, he will need another 4 years at least, so Americans will suffer while the Corporations feather their nests.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me but it is my opinion, politics are VERY polarizing in this country, its only got worse as time as gone on, this country is very divided, its a shame cos the middle class are certainly not winning, Elections are bought and paid for by corporations and they benefit, that's just a fact.
this, this, a thousand times this. I couldn't have put it better myself.

I am so glad to be away from all of that, it's getting worse.
Old Nov 29th 2010, 12:28 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
Hi Barb.
No I'm not Stalling, I'm just trying to sell my parents house then mine, things are in the toilet here.

AMEN!

You just encapsulated all the reasons I want to leave. People just voted en masse against their own interests and they genuinely have no idea.

I blame the media for a lot of it - they don't inform people about what the government is doing and how the policies would work. Instead they're focused on nutty tea party stories, or what insult against the President Sarah Palin just tweeted, or who is up and who is down. Most people in this country have no idea that last year, with one decision, the Supreme Court handed our democracy lock stock and barrel to corporations, and that the Republicans love that because they benefit. It's a sad state of affairs because without a well-informed population, democracy dies.

I know the Tories ate in power in the UK but British Tories bear no relation to American conservatives.They're slightly to the right of President Obama as far as I can figure out. These days even Margaret Thatcher is looking good to me and that is saying something!
Old Dec 28th 2010, 12:49 am
Forum Regular

Location: Sunrise, Florida, now S.C USA, soon to be back In Brum, UK
hayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to all

Originally Posted by EnglishRose15
If it is any consolation, I am sure your dog will be fine, in 2008 we flew our dog and cat from Aus to the UK, at the time my golden retriever, Rory, was 11 and I was concerned for him, but he was a real trooper and came off the plane the other end as though nothing had happened, it was such a releif to me that both animals settled in really well in the UK, particularly Rory, who seemed so at home.

Unfortunately, I made the stupid decision to come back to Aus after 6 months and we reversed the process, this time they had to go into quarantine for 30 days, that was the hardest thing for them, not the flight. Still they were both coped with it ok and glad to be back in a home they recognised. Sadly I lost my beloved Rory in March this year, at almost 14, but I still say the time he had in beautiful England were some of the happiest of his life and I have some very happy memories of him there.

I hope this puts your mind at rest about your little dog, they are so much more resiliant that we give them credit for!.
thanks so much i really appreciate your kind words, sorry about Rory but it sounds like you gave him a nice life, just curious why did u return to Aus so soon.. I am due to leave to the UK in 6 months and have started to get a little nervous i still want to go but selling everything after 20 years and having nothing again is a little scary from time to time but i think i shall be ok (-;
thanks again.. and good luck!
Old Dec 28th 2010, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hayleyatfla
thanks so much i really appreciate your kind words, sorry about Rory but it sounds like you gave him a nice life, just curious why did u return to Aus so soon.. I am due to leave to the UK in 6 months and have started to get a little nervous i still want to go but selling everything after 20 years and having nothing again is a little scary from time to time but i think i shall be ok (-;
thanks again.. and good luck!
You are planning to leave the UK? Where is it you want to go to? Are you going back to Australia?
Old Dec 28th 2010, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

hayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to all

I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas where ever you are and lets hope 2011 gets us where we need to be (-:
Just got the papers for my little dog Daisey we now have the 6 month count down.. As I am selling stuffin gand its all setting in, i am getting cold feet from time to time. I have spent most of my life in the U.S and even though I know it is not where i am meant to be I have had some wonderful times and had beautiful homes and possesions and nights out at the beach I took for granted, but I also know America to me always stands out n my mind as what I had materialistically (sorry for strange wording) while i have great friends, it was always about getting the better job, bigger house, nicer car and brand name things being in constant competition with myself and always looking forward to somthing and never enjoying the moment I am in.. As I have sold everything I own bit by bit, look at my car that is now old and no longer have the 60k a year job I had but am waiting tables. i realised no matter what we "didnt " have growing up in the UK we always found a way to be happy.. whenever i am there even if its watching Eastenders and having a beer with mates its somthing that i enjoyed and i looked forward to each day. Things will be very different and I am sure a struggle at first and In the U.S ecspecially Florida you get used to having the "best of the best" but then also lose appreciation for things that should be special.. Well i'm rambling ... must just keep waiting those tables to save as much as i can by July and take a leap of faith that this is the right decision after all I have nothing left to lose...

Old Dec 28th 2010, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by windsong
You are planning to leave the UK? Where is it you want to go to? Are you going back to Australia?
Sorry to confue I am in the U.S moving back to the UK after 20 years it just feels like home everytime I am there and my whole family is there other than my mom who is moving back also..
Old Dec 28th 2010, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to confue I am in the U.S moving back to the UK after 20 years it just feels like home everytime I am there and my whole family is there other than my mom who is moving back also..
Ohh! That's good. I am in the USA and can't wait to leave, although it is going to be 2-3 years before I do. I can understand why you want to go back. I have no family there now but it's home and I have had enough of the U.S.
Old Dec 28th 2010, 1:11 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

I have less than 9 weeks to go and am getting cold feet BIG TIME!!!

I haven't sold a single thing yet, and keep getting overwhelmed at the thought of "losing" everything I have..........I will have to start again like a lot of you with very little, not an easy thing to do at 57, but like all of us on this bit of BE we are going HOME and that is what this journey is all about.
Old Dec 28th 2010, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

I haven't sold a single thing yet, and keep getting overwhelmed at the thought of "losing" everything I have..........I will have to start again like a lot of you with very little, not an easy thing to do at 57, but like all of us on this bit of BE we are going HOME and that is what this journey is all about.
We have to follow our hearts my mom is 56 and she too has nothing now and will have nothing in the UK when we go back this summer we dont have a penny, we "had" nice stuff but we belong at home at least there she has friends and family and health care.. and we are all in the same boat i wish you the very best you will be ok.. you will be home
Old Dec 28th 2010, 1:18 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose cold feet are a perfectly normal part of the process (obviously I don't know, having not got there yet). But I also think it's much, much harder when you're leaving something behind the way you are. If and when I leave, I'll be heading towards the people I love and leaving behind only things. I know in your case, that's not the way it is. I really feel for you and just hope it all works out the way you want.
Old Dec 28th 2010, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

Ohh! That's good. I am in the USA and can't wait to leave, although it is going to be 2-3 years before I do. I can understand why you want to go back. I have no family there now but it's home and I have had enough of the U.S.
Hey windsong , where are you in the U.S? I was in Florida for 20 years its been good and bad but i have never ever felt settled or at home anywhere, always felt a bit off or lost... I just moved to South Carolina to stay with my mom ni Nov and we are selling our stuff and I am staying here for free with her so i can save all the money I can.. it is very daunting so crazy how life can change one day you think you have it all and everything is figured out but as I got old and every trip back to the UK it was like putting on an old pair of familiar slippers and all the other stuff melted away.. i felt at home... People think I am crazy after being in sunny Florida to move bck to the UK but hey i did it for 20 years so i think i have a good idea.. I would like to travel around Europe, i have no children am no longer married , have no house in my name and my car is paid for I am 32 and would love to find someone to settle and have kids with but if i am never truly settled anywhere i cant do that so I will take my little dog and give it a shot... I can always come back ..... But there is a big world out there and lovely old England is part of it where my family and friends and heritage are and i want a piece of that again , i think (-:
How come you must wait to move? family? good luck...
Old Dec 28th 2010, 2:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Bee, I completely understand. I go back and forth with my decision, too, even though a move is a few years off. I look back at my life here in the U.S., even with material possessions, and my heart tells me I wasted my life because I did not live the life I wanted to live. I don't want to die with this feeling. Material things are inanimate objects - that's all they are. They cannot make you happy. If you are unhappy on the inside, all the material goods in the world will not fix it.
Old Dec 28th 2010, 2:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Hey windsong , where are you in the U.S? I was in Florida for 20 years its been good and bad but i have never ever felt settled or at home anywhere, always felt a bit off or lost... I just moved to South Carolina to stay with my mom ni Nov and we are selling our stuff and I am staying here for free with her so i can save all the money I can.. it is very daunting so crazy how life can change one day you think you have it all and everything is figured out but as I got old and every trip back to the UK it was like putting on an old pair of familiar slippers and all the other stuff melted away.. i felt at home... People think I am crazy after being in sunny Florida to move bck to the UK but hey i did it for 20 years so i think i have a good idea.. I would like to travel around Europe, i have no children am no longer married , have no house in my name and my car is paid for I am 32 and would love to find someone to settle and have kids with but if i am never truly settled anywhere i cant do that so I will take my little dog and give it a shot... I can always come back ..... But there is a big world out there and lovely old England is part of it where my family and friends and heritage are and i want a piece of that again , i think (-:
How come you must wait to move? family? good luck...
HI Hayley - I am in the Midwest. I have to wait to save some money. I am 58 and by the time I return I will be able to collect SS and my pension. This will give me some security over there until I get a job. I need to be self-sufficient because I have no family left there any more.

Ten years ago I was laid off from a fantastic job I had had for 16 years. Life was pretty good - materially speaking. After I was laid off, the economy began its decline and its been going down ever since. I am now single, my mother has died - nothing is keeping me here. I only came here because my mother married an American who had a business here and if I had not come along with her, I would have had no family in the UK, so I would have been alone anyway. Neither decision at the time would have made me happy. It was unfortunate. I just do not like the direction this country is moving in. I find it extremely worrisome and it is not something I want to be part of any longer.

Like you, I want to tour the Mediterranean and, believe it or not, I want to travel all over on the trains lol! I miss them so much. Most of all, I think, I miss the stability of coming from a centuries old country with fairly stable social norms even though they are changing.
Old Dec 28th 2010, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

HI Hayley - I am in the Midwest. I have to wait to save some money. I am 58 and by the time I return I will be able to collect SS and my pension. This will give me some security over there until I get a job. I need to be self-sufficient because I have no family left there any more.

Ten years ago I was laid off from a fantastic job I had had for 16 years. Life was pretty good - materially speaking. After I was laid off, the economy began its decline and its been going down ever since. I am now single, my mother has died - nothing is keeping me here. I only came here because my mother married an American who had a business here and if I had not come along with her, I would have had no family in the UK, so I would have been alone anyway. Neither decision at the time would have made me happy. It was unfortunate. I just do not like the direction this country is moving in. I find it extremely worrisome and it is not something I want to be part of any longer.

Like you, I want to tour the Mediterranean and, believe it or not, I want to travel all over on the trains lol! I miss them so much. Most of all, I think, I miss the stability of coming from a centuries old country with fairly stable social norms even though they are changing.

you are so right.. i know the world is a mess but this country is going down the tubes fast. My mom has no S.S here she will need her pension and healtth care. I too Love the trains I went back in August and had the nicest time on the trains from Henley to Birmingham even though I got lost i met lovel helpful people had a chese and onion sandwhich on the train and watched the scenery i could have rode the trains all day. We take so much for granted when we have it every day. I would love to just go all over Engladn again it would be great we have so much rich history and dont get me started on fish ' n'n chips (: ... you will get there my luv, stay in touch.. and stay strong me and my mom are all we have here too and once one of us goes back well the other may as well.. england is home with all is bad and good.. America has given me some good years but its not getting any better here and I think a lot of people dont know how to handle it..
Take care , chin up.. speak soon..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.