Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

Old May 9th 2013, 9:45 pm
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

Originally Posted by Lorry1
Ha ha I actually had some Phish food at the weekend! I found a place that does it and bought 2 tubs, I ate 1 tub in 1 afternoon!

It is very stressful I am with you there. Once you know you are leaving you kinda just want to leave.
It's weird I always feel at peace when I'm thinking about my move back to England. It just feels so right. I am alive when I am there, here I feel like I'm dying there is just no character to the place I just feel so trapped.

Keep on keeping on you are almost there. Go for walks and think of England. That is what I do
That is exactly how I feel, couldn't have put it better myself x
Old May 9th 2013, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

kampaicharger will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MissBetty
I need to BREATHE!!!!
Know exactly how ya feel Miss Betty, got a "certificate of appreciation" from my ex-employer yesterday for my 21 years of service.

1: It was a cheap and nasty cut and paste job on photocopy paper.

2: Been there 23 years not 21.

Meanwhile it will take 4-6 weeks to get my outstanding leave/long service pay.

Note to self; 14 days to lift off, breathe deeply, open wine, smile. (lotta heavy breathing going on here )
Old May 9th 2013, 10:35 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
That only works if you are not in a humidity filled, 90F, mozzie-laden place (and I'm in one too being in Florida) But it's a nice thought
Yeah there is that

Go for a swim and think of England.
Old May 10th 2013, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Ok so today I'm not coming to you from Loony Town I am coming to you from Grumpy Land and I need to RANT - grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

As you all know I am living in work accommodation which is great as I have no bills to pay but its really starting to wear thin. My boss has been away for two months so I've been flitting between here and a house sit and all has been well.

Now he is back and he stays here with me when he is working and I am on days off - this week has been a total mare. I am grateful to have somewhere to stay BUT it seems I have fallen into the trap of being chief cook/cleaner and bottle washer which is making me very tetchy! Yes he lets me stay here BUT the house is owned by the service so he's not paying any bills either.

The past week I have done all the shopping, all the cleaning and all the cooking - he has not put his hand in his pocket once. Yes he is working but when I am on duty I work just as hard and I have no one here to look after me!

Last night I cooked a meal (with food I'd bought) and baked a chocolate cake for dessert. He scoffed it all down and then passed out in the recliner snoring his head off - something he does every single night even though I have asked him so many times to please just go to bed as I can't hear the telly over his snoring! Was so fed up I just went to bed at 9pm!

This morning I got up to find all the dirty dishes still in the sink and his dessert plate and coffee cup STILL sitting on the side. Well it can bloody well stay there, last time I checked this wasn't Downton Abbey and I am NOT wearing a maid's outfit!!!!

What with leaving the toilet seat up, shaving and leaving the sink in a mess, using up stuff and not replacing it, leaving clothes all over the floor, never replacing the loo roll and constant snoring I can fully understand now why a) women want to just stab their husbands! and b) why I am not (thank God!) married lol!

I hate this SO much, I just want to be back in my own home, looking after me and doing what I want when I want - 18 days and counting, just keep me away from the kitchen knives...................
Sounds like my hubby!
Old May 10th 2013, 7:13 am
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kampaicharger
Know exactly how ya feel Miss Betty, got a "certificate of appreciation" from my ex-employer yesterday for my 21 years of service.

Note to self; 14 days to lift off, breathe deeply, open wine, smile. (lotta heavy breathing going on here )
Wtf??!! Honestly I just don't get it, really I just don't

Today I got a call from one of my managers, apparently the person in charge of the 'medics from hell' station went in today to try and lodge a formal complaint against me for comments I'd made about them on Facebook. I didn't name and shame anyone, just said what a horrid bunch they were and how happy I was to be going.

Big Boss and my other manager just laughed and said it was a bit of harmless venting and maybe, just maybe, they could let me work out my final 6 shifts in peace and quit the bullying tactics? She left with her tail between her legs.

How damn nasty is that? STILL trying to stab me in the back on my last week. The worst thing is she was shown my Facebook page by someone I considered a friend and have helped out so much as she wants to work in the UK

Seriously, how do these people sleep at night?!

To cheer myself up I've just booked a quirky lil hotel on the canal in Amsterdam in June. I can just see me and my mates now, cycling along the canal, going out for some Oranjeboom beers, hell I might even visit a coffee shop!

I'm hanging in there guys, please keep sending me those good vibes! xx

Last edited by MissBetty; May 10th 2013 at 7:22 am.
Old May 10th 2013, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Wtf??!! Honestly I just don't get it, really I just don't

Today I got a call from one of my managers, apparently the person in charge of the 'medics from hell' station went in today to try and lodge a formal complaint against me for comments I'd made about them on Facebook. I didn't name and shame anyone, just said what a horrid bunch they were and how happy I was to be going.

Big Boss and my other manager just laughed and said it was a bit of harmless venting and maybe, just maybe, they could let me work out my final 6 shifts in peace and quit the bullying tactics? She left with her tail between her legs.

How damn nasty is that? STILL trying to stab me in the back on my last week. The worst thing is she was shown my Facebook page by someone I considered a friend and have helped out so much as she wants to work in the UK

Seriously, how do these people sleep at night?!

To cheer myself up I've just booked a quirky lil hotel on the canal in Amsterdam in June. I can just see me and my mates now, cycling along the canal, going out for some Oranjeboom beers, hell I might even visit a coffee shop!

I'm hanging in there guys, please keep sending me those good vibes! xx
They're probably just jealous that you are getting out of there, and they have no life to look forward to like you do. You can think of them sweating away whilst you cycle the canal, cool breezes whipping through your hair
Old May 10th 2013, 11:32 am
Practical Paramedic

They're probably just jealous that you are getting out of there, and they have no life to look forward to like you do. You can think of them sweating away whilst you cycle the canal, cool breezes whipping through your hair
I think it must be jealously as I've not done anything to them, in fact I've been keeping myself to myself and trying not to get involved in their daft squabbles!

I'm fed up but leaving day is drawing closer, I just have to keep reminding myself its nearly over and soon, like you say, I'll be cycling along the canal, drinking a cold beer and have a good giggle with people I actually like and who like me!!!
Old May 10th 2013, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

MissBetty,

It might be that your friend didn't actually show your FB page to them. FB is super sneaky with the way friends of friends can sometimes see a post (depending on how its posted, who comments on it etc.) when they aren't friends with the original poster LOL did that make sense?

I have things come up on my feed from people that I am not FB friends with but because a friend has left a comment its pulled it into my feed.

Since it sounds out of character for the friend to show your post I'd be suspicious that it might be one of the quirks of FB that enabled her to access your post.

Either way, not long now before you leave!!!
Old May 10th 2013, 6:31 pm
Practical Paramedic

Originally Posted by NiHao
MissBetty,

It might be that your friend didn't actually show your FB page to them. FB is super sneaky with the way friends of friends can sometimes see a post (depending on how its posted, who comments on it etc.) when they aren't friends with the original poster LOL did that make sense?

I have things come up on my feed from people that I am not FB friends with but because a friend has left a comment its pulled it into my feed.

Since it sounds out of character for the friend to show your post I'd be suspicious that it might be one of the quirks of FB that enabled her to access your post.

Either way, not long now before you leave!!!
You know I would normally think that was the case as I find it hard to believe that people can be so nasty but the manager who called me is a really good friend. He actually told me that the person who went to see him told him that this 'friend' of mine had gone to see her and said to her "look what Betty has put on Facebook!" hmmmm!

The thing is as well is that when I found out I rang her and she didn't pick up, I left a message saying I need to talk to you cos I'm not happy and you know why, never mind I'm sure I'll see you at a job later and you can explain yourself then miss! Within minutes of leaving that message she went off sick.
Coward!

6 shifts to go though, like you say not long now thank goodness! I honestly can't understand why the people are work with are so awful, they are awful to each other as well but it's just hard for me as I'm here alone and they gang up on me. Funny, you'd like to think we leave bullying behind in the playground but no. I'm just lucky that I do have a few good friends here but let me tell you on Thurs night I will heave a HUGE sigh of relief when I take off this uniform for that last time!!!

Last edited by MissBetty; May 10th 2013 at 6:34 pm.
Old May 11th 2013, 5:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kampaicharger

Sheesh, you were lucky I was with mine (gov dept) for 25+yrs and I got nothing, zip, diddly squat from management. My immediate boss typed something (well, typed then stuck it on) on a card but, from reports, only because my peer/mates shoved it under her nose and said "write something" - huh, maybe it was typed because someone else did it for her, only just thought of that! Thought it was because she had illegible handwriting!!!! Toxic cesspit personified!!!!

As you say, deep breaths, the end is in sight! I'm excited for all of you just serving out the last few days of your sentence.
Old May 11th 2013, 6:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

You know I would normally think that was the case as I find it hard to believe that people can be so nasty but the manager who called me is a really good friend. He actually told me that the person who went to see him told him that this 'friend' of mine had gone to see her and said to her "look what Betty has put on Facebook!" hmmmm!

The thing is as well is that when I found out I rang her and she didn't pick up, I left a message saying I need to talk to you cos I'm not happy and you know why, never mind I'm sure I'll see you at a job later and you can explain yourself then miss! Within minutes of leaving that message she went off sick.
Coward!

6 shifts to go though, like you say not long now thank goodness! I honestly can't understand why the people are work with are so awful, they are awful to each other as well but it's just hard for me as I'm here alone and they gang up on me. Funny, you'd like to think we leave bullying behind in the playground but no. I'm just lucky that I do have a few good friends here but let me tell you on Thurs night I will heave a HUGE sigh of relief when I take off this uniform for that last time!!!
Bullying is alive and well in the Australian workforce, believe me! I thought it was just a Canberra PS thing until I left and encountered people in the wider world of non government and some interstate people too. I think it's endemic TBH.

So, will there be a uniform burning ceremony on the last day or do you have to return it and account or every button?

BTW FB is the tool of the devil LOL!
Old May 11th 2013, 6:13 am
Practical Paramedic

Originally Posted by quoll
Bullying is alive and well in the Australian workforce, believe me! I thought it was just a Canberra PS thing until I left and encountered people in the wider world of non government and some interstate people too. I think it's endemic TBH.

So, will there be a uniform burning ceremony on the last day or do you have to return it and account or every button?

BTW FB is the tool of the devil LOL!
You are SO right there on both counts! Seems like everyone here is just getting a few final stabs in before I go! Even people that I thought I got on ok with a having digs at me, I've had to block quite a few people off Facebook today as I don't know who to trust anymore. I'm being very careful with FB from now on, some of the comments were just joking but seem to have really upset them!

I only have 5 more shifts to go, I just want this hell to be over and done with, I'm exhausted! No burning of the uniform as it has to be handed back but I'm just happy that my 'sentence' is nearly over. People's sheer nastiness here completely shocks me, I feel very lucky that I have the means and ability to get out!
Old May 11th 2013, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

You are SO right there on both counts! Seems like everyone here is just getting a few final stabs in before I go! Even people that I thought I got on ok with a having digs at me, I've had to block quite a few people off Facebook today as I don't know who to trust anymore. I'm being very careful with FB from now on, some of the comments were just joking but seem to have really upset them!

I only have 5 more shifts to go, I just want this hell to be over and done with, I'm exhausted! No burning of the uniform as it has to be handed back but I'm just happy that my 'sentence' is nearly over. People's sheer nastiness here completely shocks me, I feel very lucky that I have the means and ability to get out!
Will say it again - put yourself in their shoes. You are getting out - they are staying put. End of
Old May 11th 2013, 9:22 pm
Practical Paramedic

Will say it again - put yourself in their shoes. You are getting out - they are staying put. End of
Lol! Well I have just finished my very last Saturday night doing 'on call'! In the past 24 hours I have had one period of 3 hrs sleep and one period of sleep lasting 1 hour and 18 mins! I'm exhausted beyond belief and could hardly keep my eyes open driving to my last job but now I'm crawling back into bed and still counting down - 4 shifts and 4 nights on call to go and I am DONE!

Think I might just have a cuppa and a quick browse through Sally Simmons' blog before bed to soothe me lol!
Old May 11th 2013, 9:24 pm
Practical Paramedic

Originally Posted by feelbritish
Sounds like my hubby!
Naughty Mr FeelBritish - do you want me to come round and 'ave a word'?!!!! Lol!

Maybe we should do a BE wife swap? You can come and live with Gay Boss for a week and I'll come and live with your hubby?! Trust me after one week he will be begging you to come home and will never leave the house in a mess again! Ha ha ha!!!!!

Last edited by MissBetty; May 11th 2013 at 9:29 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.