Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

Old Apr 19th 2013, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

Originally Posted by MissBetty
Lol that's brilliant! This awful woman kept swearing at me so I left and then went back with a policewoman - oh she was as nice as pie then wasn't she?! Horrible witch! She kept saying she was going to complain about me walking off and kept asking me for my name. My real name is French and hard to spell so eventually I just ripped off my name badge gave it to her and said "Here you go, now make sure you write it down properly cos I'm fussy about how people spell it - love!"

She said she was going to complain about 20 times, her hubby didn't want to go to hospital so she ended up kicking us out while still having a go at me. As I left she said you do know I'm going to complain about you don't you? I just shrugged and said "So you've said about 20 times, please feel free to go ahead and quite frankly? I actually don't CARE!!! The copper was laughing so hard!!! God it felt SO good let me tell you!!!

When I worked the front desk at the hotel (my last job) we dreaded the visiting sports teams and the women's hockey/curling teams were by far the worst! Fortunately I didn't work the Friday or Saturday night shift (I just coped with the hangovers and the housekeeping staff's screaming fits on the Sunday morning after they'd all checked out). Anyway on one occasion the poor Saturday night clerk had a bunch of these women who'd partied way past the bewitching hour and were generating complaints from other guests. She made three trips to their room to tell them to cool it and they paid no heed so she eventually called the police. Well joy of joys, who should respond to the call but the town's one and only lady copper who was tougher than all the lads on the force put together. This copper told me later on she'd gone down to pay these girls a "visit" and when she knocked on the door, she heard a voice from inside the room say "oh *&#%$$! that'll be that bitch from the front desk again!" When the door opened Madam hockey player suffered 3rd degree rug burns to her jaw when it hit the floor!
Old Apr 19th 2013, 10:08 am
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Lol! The policewoman was very nice actually even though she looked about 12! As we left she was chuckling and saying how crazy this woman was then she took her gun out and handed it to me saying maybe you need one of these?!!! I pointed it and pretended to shoot and said to her no, I don't think I can be trusted!!! We fell about laughing!!!
Old Apr 19th 2013, 10:18 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

These stories are hilarious. Not long now Miss Betty
Old Apr 19th 2013, 2:33 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curleytops
Oh soz just wait til you're actually working your notice, I know from experience that's when the old "gob filters" can really come off! I remember, many years ago, my last day at a job I truly hated getting a phone call from a client who happened to be a member of the Canadian Senate (supposedly "elite" unelected body of the federal government). He was extremely rude and my response went along the lines of "Well sir, you may be a senator but quite frankly you have the manners of a gutter snipe!" and left him eating my dial tone. I hate to admit it but damn it felt good!
Funny how we put up with so much crap until we have nothing to lose!
Old Apr 19th 2013, 2:34 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Funny you should say that cos I've seen the one I want................ and its red lol! 3 years old, 30,000 on the clock with black bonnet stripes for around 10,000 GBP - soooooo cheap compared to here!

Yes not long to go thank God as I'm really truly over it and struggling to maintain my sanity on a daily basis oh and bite my tongue. I had a woman who was so rude to me this week I just picked up my bag, walked away, got in the ambulance and drove off - I simply refused to go back in there and I have never done that, ever. I've just had enough quite frankly - sigh.

16 shifts to go and counting, handing in my notice in 12 days
Congrats on selling your car. Will there be a party when you hand in your notice
Old Apr 19th 2013, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Oh soz just wait til you're actually working your notice, I know from experience that's when the old "gob filters" can really come off! I remember, many years ago, my last day at a job I truly hated getting a phone call from a client who happened to be a member of the Canadian Senate (supposedly "elite" unelected body of the federal government). He was extremely rude and my response went along the lines of "Well sir, you may be a senator but quite frankly you have the manners of a gutter snipe!" and left him eating my dial tone. I hate to admit it but damn it felt good!
Old Apr 19th 2013, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Ok bit of an update, still not got the insurance sorted but am having table repaired, won't be the same but not a complete write off! Cooker and washing maching being fixed/plumbed in tomorrow and dining set arrives that day too - everything is nearly done!!!

Oh and I managed to sell my car this week! Got a good price for it so now happily looking online at Mini Coopers for when I get back - vroom vroom!!!!!

My best friend from the UK is staying here with me atm and I can't tell you how amazing it is just having her here! She bought me some UK mags, Jaffa Cakes and some perfume - bless! All gratefully received especially the perfume which was 44GBP (approx $67) but sells for $161 here in Myers - yep you read that one right!!!!! I'm so happy I only have a few weeks left or else I know I'd be a blubbering mess next week when she flies out same as I was when my sister left. Just trying to keep it all together atm, grit my teeth at work and just get on with it. Handing my notice in after my next rotation - hoo-******-rah!!!!!!!
Congrats on selling your car
Old Apr 19th 2013, 10:21 pm
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone - yes its a weight off my mind I can tell you! I'm like a bear with a sore head atm though, I'm soooooo grouchy! Its strange as I thought I'd be the happiest muppet on the block my last few weeks but I'm not, I'm really irritable and snappy which really isn't like me

Don't get me wrong, I'm desperate to get out of here and there are so many people (other paramedics) I'll be delighted to never have to see again for the rest of my life cos they're so bloody awful. Did anyone else experience this just before they made the big move?
Old Apr 19th 2013, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone - yes its a weight off my mind I can tell you! I'm like a bear with a sore head atm though, I'm soooooo grouchy! Its strange as I thought I'd be the happiest muppet on the block my last few weeks but I'm not, I'm really irritable and snappy which really isn't like me

Don't get me wrong, I'm desperate to get out of here and there are so many people (other paramedics) I'll be delighted to never have to see again for the rest of my life cos they're so bloody awful. Did anyone else experience this just before they made the big move?
In a nutshell, yes, except with me it wasn't so much people as it was circumstances. Once all this is over, you probably won't even look back and say "Thank God I don't have to put up with so and so any more", you just won't think about them at ALL. There's something to look forward to!
Old Apr 19th 2013, 11:29 pm
Practical Paramedic

In a nutshell, yes, except with me it wasn't so much people as it was circumstances. Once all this is over, you probably won't even look back and say "Thank God I don't have to put up with so and so any more", you just won't think about them at ALL. There's something to look forward to!
Yes you're probably right! It's so nice having my best friend here too. She stayed with me at the station for the first few days and instead of being cooped up alone we were chatting, drinking tea, cooking meals and dancing around the office to 90's dance tunes lol! I feel like me again you know? I said to her "It's just so nice to have someone here who actually LIKES me!" she did say what makes you think I like you?! before sprinting off as I chased her with a jug of cold water ready to attack ha ha! We are off to the beach today and going out dancing tonight - most fun I've had in 6 months, love having her here

Last edited by MissBetty; Apr 19th 2013 at 11:43 pm.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes you're probably right! It's so nice having my best friend here too. She stayed with me at the station for the first few days and instead of being cooped up alone we were chatting, drinking tea, cooking meals and dancing around the office to 90's dance tunes lol! I feel like me again you know? I said to her "It's just so nice to have someone here who actually LIKES me!" she did say what makes you think I like you?! before sprinting off as I chased her with a jug of cold water ready to attack ha ha! We are off to the beach today and going out dancing tonight - most fun I've had in 6 months, love having her here
OMG LOONEY TOWN WATCH OUT MISS BETTY'S ON THE LASH!!
Old Apr 20th 2013, 2:08 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

It definitely sounds like your friend being there has made all the difference. You've relaxed and had a ball. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when you hand in your notice.. Not long to go now love..and then you can bid goodbye to all the chaos. The closer you get the more you'll dislike going to work anyway.. LOL
Old Apr 20th 2013, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

kampaicharger will become famous soon enough

On the day I left work the clock hit 12, I signed off the computer, picked up my bag and walked out without a word or a backward glance. Sad in a way but it highlights what the workplace had become.

That said, I seem to have a permanent smile on my face and all is well in the world. So hang in there Miss Betty and remember: "people who mind don't matter and people who matter don't mind"
Old Apr 20th 2013, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kampaicharger
On the day I left work the clock hit 12, I signed off the computer, picked up my bag and walked out without a word or a backward glance. Sad in a way but it highlights what the workplace had become.

That said, I seem to have a permanent smile on my face and all is well in the world. So hang in there Miss Betty and remember: "people who mind don't matter and people who matter don't mind"
Old Apr 21st 2013, 3:31 am
BE Enthusiast

vikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
Hey thats my tagline! And a very good one it is as well. Keep smiling Ms Betty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.