Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Honest Advice from those returning from Canada

Honest Advice from those returning from Canada

Old Sep 5th 2008, 4:11 pm
Banned

Dukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant future
Default Re: Honest Advice from those returning from Canada

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
how old are you ???

If your main interests are beer - curry - celebs and page 3 girls then what the hell do you know about what is going on in the rest of the world ?
i know more about whats going on in the world than canuks as theres no proper news here mostly about canada and not the world. whats my age go to do with anything? posh and david are not that old but they are very succesful and people look up to them and what they say. they are very famous in the rest of the world and influential except canada because its backwards.

anyway im 23 just this year. so that make you happy? after living here when i get home ill never complain about anything again ive learnt that the british way of life is the best in the world as everyone has an opportunty to suceed and be famous in the uk even if there poor. there are no canadian clebs so how can anyone be famous here? here its just work work work and more work at rotton boring jobs. then lets all go look at the mountins.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 4:17 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dukie
there are no canadian clebs
Pamela Anderson, the greatest living Canadian, is a celebrity.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 5:26 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of Canadian Celebs...just very few of them still live in Canada

Pammy
Mike Myers
Jim Carrie
Shania Twain
William Shatner
Brian Adams
Neil Young
Allanis Morrisette
Celine Dion
Dan Ackroyd
Michael J Fox
Keifer Sutherland and his dad
Fay Wray
Keanu Reaves
The Barenaked ladies
That bloke from the crap starwars sequels...
blah blah blah

Last edited by iaink; Sep 5th 2008 at 5:34 pm.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

Boo Boo is just really niceBoo Boo is just really niceBoo Boo is just really niceBoo Boo is just really niceBoo Boo is just really niceBoo Boo is just really niceBoo Boo is just really niceBoo Boo is just really niceBoo Boo is just really niceBoo Boo is just really nice

Originally Posted by iaink
Lots of Famous Canadians...just very few of them still live in Canada

Pammy
Mike Myers
Jim Carrie
Shania Twain
William Shatner
Brian Adams
Neil Young
Allanis Morrisette
Celine Dion
Keanu Reaves
The Barenaked ladies
That bloke from the crap starwars sequels...
blah blah blah
And .........

Avril levegne
Michael J Fox
not forgetting Nelly Furtado
Old Sep 5th 2008, 5:39 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boo Boo
And .........

Avril levegne
Michael J Fox
not forgetting Nelly Furtado
Not very blingy though are they?
Old Sep 5th 2008, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

Boo Boo is just really niceBoo Boo is just really niceBoo Boo is just really niceBoo Boo is just really niceBoo Boo is just really niceBoo Boo is just really niceBoo Boo is just really niceBoo Boo is just really niceBoo Boo is just really niceBoo Boo is just really nice

Originally Posted by dbd33
Granted , and you would like to suggest ......................
Old Sep 5th 2008, 6:05 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Boo Boo
Granted , and you would like to suggest ......................
I nominated Pamela Anderson and Stompin' Tom. I think after that you're getting rather Z list, though there's always Alex Trebek I suppose, and Howie Mandel if you're willing to list everyone who's ever been on television.

Oh wait, Peter North.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 6:07 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

I think the difference is perhaps that the Canadian brigade are famous for doing something, rather than just doing someone (Ms Hilton springs to mind as the "other" sort of celeb)

Celine Dion or Shania Twain seem to have a fair amount of A-list Bling, but you cant imagine them getting out of a car knicker-less in front of the waiting paparazzi?

Mike Myers and Jim Carrie used to be A-list, but I guess recent flops have them looking for favours from the bouncers now. Keanu is A-list isnt he??? Isnt Chad Kroeger canadian? I know how you love Nickelback

Last edited by iaink; Sep 5th 2008 at 6:13 pm.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 6:14 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Celine Dion or Shania Twain seem to have a fair amount of A-list Bling, but you cant imagine them getting out of a car knicker-less in front of the waiting paparazzi?
Since they've both been bred and are knocking on a bit I certainly try not to imagine that.

<shudders>
Old Sep 5th 2008, 6:19 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Since they've both been bred and are knocking on a bit I certainly try not to imagine that.

<shudders>
Fair point, ... but even in their youth its pretty unimaginable and it seems to me that Canadian celebs are famous for more than just being celebrities...they actually have to do something in that old fashioned way.

Another example of "Canada, 20 years behind the rest of the Western World " again .... and that's not necessarily a criticism of Canada in my opinion.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 6:30 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Fair point, ... but even in their youth its pretty unimaginable and it seems to me that Canadian celebs are famous for more than just being celebrities...they actually have to do something in that old fashioned way.

Oh leave it out, William Shatner, anyone on or vaguely connected with Canadian Idol, So You Think You Can Dance (Canada), Canada's Next Top Model or any other foreign show remade as Canadian content, Peter C Newman's son who's on TV, Brian Mulroney's son who's on TV, Tommy Chong, Marshall McLuhan. The cast of Corner Gas. There's no shortage of vapidity in Canada.

Leonard Cohen might count as a famous and blingy Canadian. At night. With the lights out.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 6:36 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

The rest of them OK (but are they celebs, would you recognise them on the street? I wouldnt.)....but leave Shatner alone, he's bonafide famous, a damned icon I would say (but then my wife is a trekkie)

Hes been successful too many times to be a talentless fluke..Kirk, Hooker, Crane...

I think if you are still on domestically produced canadian TV shows, then by definition you cannot yet be famous (not in the internationally recognised way), so that rules out the majority of your list.

Last edited by iaink; Sep 5th 2008 at 6:42 pm.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 6:40 pm
Assimilated Pauper

The rest of them OK (but are they celebs, would you recognise them on the street? I wouldnt.)....but leave Shatner alone, he's bonafide famous, a damned icon I would say (but then my wife is a trekkie)

Hes been sucessful too many times to be a talentless fluke..Kirk, Hooker, Crane...

I do rather like his version of Common People.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold

I do rather like his version of Common People.
This one ain't too bad either....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2oZGlrHXqM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXWEM4gZhg4 good mashup....
Old Sep 5th 2008, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

needasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really nice

ok i got another ....

we have really great beer commercials !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRI-A3vakVg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.