Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Honest Advice from those returning from Canada

Honest Advice from those returning from Canada

Old Sep 7th 2008, 3:56 pm
Banned

Dukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant future
Default Re: Honest Advice from those returning from Canada

Originally Posted by Patrick2007
Dukie u r on a hiding to nothing on here mate. U r giving very viable and sensible points as far as i can see. People need to understand that there are horror stories involved in emigrating and some no lots of people come unstuck big time. Look at the population figures for all the Commonwealth countries,Oz,N.Z.and Canada. They ALL havent grown substantial amounts over 40 years of people seeking a new life in these countries. I wonder why? If all these plane loads of people are leaving the U.K.year in year out as the media portrays (and this has been for years by the way) why havent the figures proved this ???????
thnaks for the support patrick. get a lot of emails to telling me im right. uk people in canada who stay worst than some canuks. most dont even wnat to know new arivals from the uk like me. met some people from manchester few weeks ago. got talking to them about uk and right in the middle of talking one of them says to me england still shit then. i asked what he meant and why he said that as england wasnt shit and much better there than canada and he just waved his hand in my face and walked off. couldnt beleive another manc would do that more ignorant than canuks.went to hooters last nite. supossed to be a good place to go. somebody i met was going for a ufc nite and get together. it was okay beer and food still crap the fighting was not bad but still miss a good football game in the pub much better. nice girls there to with big hooters lol. but still stuck up and no fun. asked one if i could meet her later loked at me as if i was daft and then the ignorant arse just walked off and didnt even answer made me really miss manchester. when the bill came the others wanted to leave her a money told them not from me she can piss off. had a real life in manchester not got one here.
Old Sep 7th 2008, 4:04 pm
Banned

Dukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dbd33
Because 40% of emigrants return.
thats got to be shit. you made that up beacuse that means if 4 out 10 go home you saying 6 out of 10 dont? i cant believe that. you mean that many people leave the uk and never go back home. thats just shit. uk beast country in the world and i read somewere more people moving there than leaving so you cant be right. you just trying to piss me off like the others.
Old Sep 7th 2008, 6:29 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dukie
thnaks for the support patrick. get a lot of emails to telling me im right. uk people in canada who stay worst than some canuks. most dont even wnat to know new arivals from the uk like me. met some people from manchester few weeks ago. got talking to them about uk and right in the middle of talking one of them says to me england still shit then. i asked what he meant and why he said that as england wasnt shit and much better there than canada and he just waved his hand in my face and walked off. couldnt beleive another manc would do that more ignorant than canuks.went to hooters last nite. supossed to be a good place to go. somebody i met was going for a ufc nite and get together. it was okay beer and food still crap the fighting was not bad but still miss a good football game in the pub much better. nice girls there to with big hooters lol. but still stuck up and no fun. asked one if i could meet her later loked at me as if i was daft and then the ignorant arse just walked off and didnt even answer made me really miss manchester. when the bill came the others wanted to leave her a money told them not from me she can piss off. had a real life in manchester not got one here.

well done to Hooters - now employing bust AND brains!
Old Sep 8th 2008, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Patrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to all

thats got to be shit. you made that up beacuse that means if 4 out 10 go home you saying 6 out of 10 dont? i cant believe that. you mean that many people leave the uk and never go back home. thats just shit. uk beast country in the world and i read somewere more people moving there than leaving so you cant be right. you just trying to piss me off like the others.
Can only agree again Dukie, someone posted on the N.Z.forum that they have never known so many brits going back home especially this year. No doubt he will be in for a good slagging cos your not supposed to talk on those lines.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 9:32 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Can only agree again Dukie, someone posted on the N.Z.forum that they have never known so many brits going back home especially this year. No doubt he will be in for a good slagging cos your not supposed to talk on those lines.
No one should be getting a "slagging" in any BE forum for any reason, and if you see it occuring in any post, please report it.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 9:34 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Would you please moderate your language, and remember to respect the views of others.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 12:02 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't make it up but confess that it's just a number often mentioned here, I haven't researched it. In any case it doesn't conflict with the idea of more people arriving than leaving. If 70,000 people leave each year and 100,000 new people arrive that's an increase regardless of how many of the 70,000 eventually return. On the radio this morning the BBC reported an expected increase in UK population from 60,000,000 to 70,000,000 in the next fifty years.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 2:18 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by dbd33
I didn't make it up but confess that it's just a number often mentioned here, I haven't researched it. In any case it doesn't conflict with the idea of more people arriving than leaving. If 70,000 people leave each year and 100,000 new people arrive that's an increase regardless of how many of the 70,000 eventually return. On the radio this morning the BBC reported an expected increase in UK population from 60,000,000 to 70,000,000 in the next fifty years.
i think your bending the numbers now to make it confusing and suport what you say. so you say that there are 70000 leaving each year and 10 milion more poeple will go to the uk in 50 years and the bbc said that? doesent sound right to me. there are tons of people going to the uk every year to live everybody knows that and most who go immigrate go back to live not stay away like you said before you changed your mind. patrick got it right when he said that if people go to oz nz and canada all the time why arnt there more people there than the uk then and more people than years ago? its because they all go back to the uk when the realize its the best country in the world and there dont want to live in some far away conoly. i get a lot of messages from uk people especialy in oz saying i got it right and canada sounds just like oz with no life. everbody wants to got home and a lot of other people just want to live in the uk. so your numbers dont make any sense to me.

and im stating this as my advice about returning to the uk or never leaving in the first place. the uk is the best country in the world you know that once you go somewhere else to live. so dont go in the first place because everybody wants to live there.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Patrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to all

i think your bending the numbers now to make it confusing and suport what you say. so you say that there are 70000 leaving each year and 10 milion more poeple will go to the uk in 50 years and the bbc said that? doesent sound right to me. there are tons of people going to the uk every year to live everybody knows that and most who go immigrate go back to live not stay away like you said before you changed your mind. patrick got it right when he said that if people go to oz nz and canada all the time why arnt there more people there than the uk then and more people than years ago? its because they all go back to the uk when the realize its the best country in the world and there dont want to live in some far away conoly. i get a lot of messages from uk people especialy in oz saying i got it right and canada sounds just like oz with no life. everbody wants to got home and a lot of other people just want to live in the uk. so your numbers dont make any sense to me.

and im stating this as my advice about returning to the uk or never leaving in the first place. the uk is the best country in the world you know that once you go somewhere else to live. so dont go in the first place because everybody wants to live there.
If i remember right around the late eighties in N.Z. there were only around 15 professions which if u had one entitled u to emigrate. The population was obviously struggling so they (the Government) decided to introduce a points system. Its turned 20 years now and the population has slightly risen. I dont know much about Canada but i dont think the figures r far behind. Which really makes u wonder why? People have families,families grow up blah,blah,where is everyone? The figures for the U.K.add up and that doesnt mean all the immigrants before anyone pipes up with that one!! Just a thought anyway.............
Old Sep 8th 2008, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

This post rang true and made me laugh. I found that expats were very strange. When the conversation at BBQs got underway u know "how are u finding it","who did u fly with",blah,blah,the conversation generally fell on its backside. Either that or they nodded and walked away as if they owed u money. I can honestly say i found the brits as yes thats Scousers very strange. The kind that were strange back home if u know what i mean. U wouldnt bother ur arse with them back home but when ur cornered in a barbie what do u do? Strange. Then there r the U.K.bashers who burn the flag and learn there new National Anthem be it Aus,Kiwi,or Canadian. Believe me mate i have met them all. The pisstakers who mimic ur accent but get a walkover back home cos everyone who meets them wanted to go to their country cos some relation went there years ago. Or the ones who give u a dogs life if u get on in ur job or do better than them. These are the pitfalls that await ALL would be expats retrospect of ur job title. Beware! and listen to some of Dukies points at your peril......
Old Sep 8th 2008, 4:58 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

listen to some of Dukies points at your peril......
Well, quite.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 5:03 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Pollyana
No one should be getting a "slagging" in any BE forum for any reason, and if you see it occuring in any post, please report it.
okay then. all these things were said to me when i was posting. becasue they didnt like what i was saying. look through the thread youll see all these comments made about me and more.

ann m Where's the f-off smilie when you need it ?

ann m Come back to the forum when you've grown up

ann m You're too dense to even appreciate what you sound like on here

clynnog The sooner you p*ss off back to that pikey place known as M/CR the better for most of us on this forum.....

clynnog I picture you to be a sinister BNF version of Dave from the Royle Family with MCFC tatoos all over you.

crystal23 a total pisshead who wants to live on benefits. What a loser.

ruby murray Bugger off back to whatever scum hole part of Manchester you came from.

beastie you really are a prize tw*t aren't you (pick a vowel, any vowel, I'm sure you will get the right one eventually

clynnog get back to a dead end job back in England where you will be happiest.

needasmack He was sent to blatently remind us why we left the UK. Chavs!!!!

iaink Id just assumed you were a retard or something
Old Sep 8th 2008, 5:17 pm
Banned

This post rang true and made me laugh. I found that expats were very strange. When the conversation at BBQs got underway u know "how are u finding it","who did u fly with",blah,blah,the conversation generally fell on its backside. Either that or they nodded and walked away as if they owed u money. I can honestly say i found the brits as yes thats Scousers very strange. The kind that were strange back home if u know what i mean. U wouldnt bother ur arse with them back home but when ur cornered in a barbie what do u do? Strange. Then there r the U.K.bashers who burn the flag and learn there new National Anthem be it Aus,Kiwi,or Canadian. Believe me mate i have met them all. The pisstakers who mimic ur accent but get a walkover back home cos everyone who meets them wanted to go to their country cos some relation went there years ago. Or the ones who give u a dogs life if u get on in ur job or do better than them. These are the pitfalls that await ALL would be expats retrospect of ur job title. Beware! and listen to some of Dukies points at your peril......
thanks for the suport m8 you say sensible things but theses people dont like the truth here. they have been calling me names and trying to shut me up since i started telling it. you right on with the uk bashers to met some of them here. dont even want to talk to me even some from manchester worst than canuks at least there excuse is they dont know better but uk people living here are very strange. dunno confusing to me. thought uk people would stick together but some dont care whats going on in the uk anymore i dont understand that. well they can keep it. i just want to go ho,me as soon as i can. never leave manchester once back. relly nice to meet a true brit on here though m8. others just send me emails no one but you had the guts to supp[ort me here.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

thanks for the suport m8 you say sensible things but theses people dont like the truth here. they have been calling me names and trying to shut me up since i started telling it. you right on with the uk bashers to met some of them here. dont even want to talk to me even some from manchester worst than canuks at least there excuse is they dont know better but uk people living here are very strange. dunno confusing to me. thought uk people would stick together but some dont care whats going on in the uk anymore i dont understand that. well they can keep it. i just want to go ho,me as soon as i can. never leave manchester once back. relly nice to meet a true brit on here though m8. others just send me emails no one but you had the guts to supp[ort me here.
Well Dukie i have seen the stick u r getting on here mate and at least u dont back down. Good luck over there and on getting back here. Chin up lad!!!!! dont let them get u down.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 6:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

okay then. all these things were said to me when i was posting. becasue they didnt like what i was saying. look through the thread youll see all these comments made about me and more.

ann m Where's the f-off smilie when you need it ?

ann m Come back to the forum when you've grown up

ann m You're too dense to even appreciate what you sound like on here
OK -I'll bite. I'll respond to you about my rudeness - or slagging ....

This thread rumbled on quite amicably for many pages, before you walzed in with your "beer, curry, pubs" view of life.

Your first post at #110 (that's how sad I am - I've gone back and checked it all) - barges straight in with "everything and everyone in Canada sucks/shithead cops/don't come here if you want a life" - very balanced.

My first response to you was polite and vaguely understanding. Post #112. More fool me.

Your reply to me was for me and my prissy friends to basically piss off. At this point, I'd suggest you knew nothing about me. Oh, and everything and everybody in Canada was still shite.

So - yes - I then looked for the f-off smilie. I'm still looking for it.

And yes - I still stand by the fact that you may wish to return to the forum when you've grown up - give it about 20 years or so - that may do it - or not.

And I still stand by the fact that you are dense.

And I still think you are a troll, if not intentionally, then by default of being so consistently narrow-minded about life, the universe (nor forgetting beer and curry) and everything.

I still wish you well on your return to Manchester, and the quicker the better.

Now - is that a slagging?

I don't think I've actually ever been rude to anyone else on this forum. Dukie - you are special - in so many ways.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.