Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Honest Advice from those returning from Canada

Honest Advice from those returning from Canada

Old Sep 4th 2008, 12:01 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Honest Advice from those returning from Canada

Originally Posted by sans
I dont like Beer......but a good curry Chinese or Indian was not to be found where i was living in Canada......they had them but very different to the ones in the UK.
Depends where you are. We can get all manner of curry here because there are huge Indian and British-Indian populations as well as Jamaicans and Thais. Last night I took the train to Brampton (a suburb of Toronto) and was the only white man in the packed carriage; everyone else looked as if he or she could have come from a curry eating nation.

We are, however, a bit short on Mancunian transexuals.

Last edited by dbd33; Sep 4th 2008 at 12:41 pm.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Beastie
No doubt your 'M8's' in Manchester will welcome you with open arms when you return and as long as you are still able to shout 'Big Issue' in your old stomping grounds you will always have enough cash for that next can of real english beer.
Now there is an oxymoron....can of real english beer....believe me guys like Dukie usually drink some bland germanic euro lager in copious quantities or some underbrewed english lager. I have met these kind of guys in England many times (I believe you may be the son in law of my uncles 3rd wife (long story) and they almost always drink crap lager and never true 'english' beer (cask conditioned ale).

Dukie...if you are a troll you are doing a great job...if not, you need to learn how to spell, use grammar and get back to a dead end job back in England where you will be happiest.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Dukie
famous tv shows shamless and royal family made there. great music oasis the smiths. fantastic clubs open all nite. lots of rich footballers live near manchester becasue its so great. people have rights at work. cant be threatened or fired for having a day or two off every now and then. uk have better benefit system than canada which doesnt have any. my old man hurt his back at work about 15 years ago and he cant work anymore according to the doctor. but he still gets enough money to afford to go out for a few pints and a curry. never leave manchester again once im back.
The show is called Shameless and it is the Royle Family (strong M/CR area surname....I have relatives with that surname in M/CR). Do you think that the rich footballers living near M/CR may be somehow related to the fact that MUFC are one of the top teams in the world.

Is there any other way your father could earn money other than just collecting enought to buy a few pints and a curry......

Don't let the door hit you on the way out at a Canadian airport.

Last edited by clynnog; Sep 4th 2008 at 12:59 pm.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

needasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really nice

wtf??? i couldnt give a toss if your the original poster. that suppossed to mean someting? i give you the benefit of my experince in canada and you make such a stuck up snarky comments like find another thread!! i dont beleive how ungratefull you are! who do you think you our anyway? you dont run this board chutney and your not the boss of me! ill post where i want when i want you ungrateful old prig. even canadians wouldnt put up with you and that saying something from me.

get it straight just because you asked a lame question...ooo will i be welcome in canada im soooo scared to make a decision ...you dont control me or what i can say. i can talk about anything i want on this board and if you dont like it to bad you find another thread or prefrably another board.

ive had a bad day today getting shit for this and that and working my arse off. then i come on here and somebody from england i try to help tells me to piss off!!! yes i think you should come live in this backwards place youd fit right in. youd probably be one of the few immigrants living here who could bore canadains.

im going out for a drink. need one or two after today. screw work tomorow ill just come here and annoy you all day howd you like that then.
Are you for real ???

Reported for abuse
Old Sep 4th 2008, 12:50 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by needasmack
Reported for abuse
How very lame.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

needasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really nice

Attention-seeking trolls

This class of trolls seeks to obtain as many responses as possible and to absorb a disproportionate amount of the collective attention span.

Examples of behaviour:

- Advertising another forum, especially a rival or a hated forum.

- Claiming to be someone they cannot possibly be (no one is that idiotic)

- Messages containing an obvious flaw or error

- Asking for help with an implausable task or problem

- Intentionally naive questions:

- Messages containing a self referential appeals to status.

- Intentionally posting an outrageous argument, deliberately constructed around a fundamental but obfuscated flaw or error. Often the poster will become defensive when the argument is refuted, but may instead continue the thread through the use of further flawed arguments; this is referred to as "feeding" the troll.

- A subclass of the above is the flawed proof of an important unsolved mathematical problem or impossibility (e.g. 1 = 2); however, these may not always be troll-posts, and are sometimes, at least, mathematically interesting.

- Politically contentious messages: "I think George W. Bush is the best/worst President ever."

- Posting politically sensitive images in inappropriate places.

- Pretending to be innocent, after a flamewar ensues.

- Off-topic complaints about personal life, or threats of suicide: sometimes, this is the "cry for help" troll.

- Plural or paranoid answers to personal opinions expressed by individuals: "I don't believe that all of you really believe that, you are teaming against me."

- Any combination of the above: For example, a troll will combine inflammatory statements with poor grammar and AIM-speak (which is also known as "netspeak" or "chatspeak"). "lmfao u are so weak minded and predictablei thought i wan iggied i play ya like a card"

Dukie unforunately fits the Definition of "attention seeking troll", the worst I have seen on this site in many years.

Can a moderator please step in and stop this madness. HE has hi-jacked a perfectly logical and potentionally helpful threaded started by a New person to the expat site. If this thread has not scared them off and they have not written off this site as a waste of time i would be shocked. We as people and Expats as a site are better than this.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 1:02 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Attention-seeking trolls

This class of trolls seeks to obtain as many responses as possible and to absorb a disproportionate amount of the collective attention span.

Examples of behaviour:

- Advertising another forum, especially a rival or a hated forum.

- Claiming to be someone they cannot possibly be (no one is that idiotic)

- Messages containing an obvious flaw or error

- Asking for help with an implausable task or problem

- Intentionally naive questions:

- Messages containing a self referential appeals to status.

- Intentionally posting an outrageous argument, deliberately constructed around a fundamental but obfuscated flaw or error. Often the poster will become defensive when the argument is refuted, but may instead continue the thread through the use of further flawed arguments; this is referred to as "feeding" the troll.

- A subclass of the above is the flawed proof of an important unsolved mathematical problem or impossibility (e.g. 1 = 2); however, these may not always be troll-posts, and are sometimes, at least, mathematically interesting.

- Politically contentious messages: "I think George W. Bush is the best/worst President ever."

- Posting politically sensitive images in inappropriate places.

- Pretending to be innocent, after a flamewar ensues.

- Off-topic complaints about personal life, or threats of suicide: sometimes, this is the "cry for help" troll.

- Plural or paranoid answers to personal opinions expressed by individuals: "I don't believe that all of you really believe that, you are teaming against me."

- Any combination of the above: For example, a troll will combine inflammatory statements with poor grammar and AIM-speak (which is also known as "netspeak" or "chatspeak"). "lmfao u are so weak minded and predictablei thought i wan iggied i play ya like a card"

Dukie unforunately fits the Definition of "attention seeking troll", the worst I have seen on this site in many years.

Can a moderator please step in and stop this madness. HE has hi-jacked a perfectly logical and potentionally helpful threaded started by a New person to the expat site. If this thread has not scared them off and they have not written off this site as a waste of time i would be shocked. We as people and Expats as a site are better than this.

Spamming the thread with dreary cut and pastes is hardly helpful.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 1:03 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

ok but ......... the title of the thread is:
Honest advice from those returning from Canada

And as bad as his grammar and language certainly was, he was being very honest about his own opinions of Canada and can't wait to get out.

Can't help thinking that you might have spoilt a bit of fun reading for me tonight - lol.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dbd33
Spamming the thread with dreary cut and pastes is hardly helpful.

Sorry i had not had my timmies yet this am ...i'll try harder next time lol
Old Sep 4th 2008, 1:19 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately as moderators we can not read every post made on this forum, we just don't have the time. However if a member ever comes across an inappropriate post or one that does not adhere to the site rules they are encouraged to click the "report" button (that is along the bottom of every post) so it can be brought to the attention of a moderator and then we can take a look.

Thanks.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 1:50 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Depends where you are. We can get all manner of curry here because there are huge Indian and British-Indian populations as well as Jamaicans and Thais. Last night I took the train to Brampton (a suburb of Toronto) and was the only white man in the packed carriage; everyone else looked as if he or she could have come from a curry eating nation.

We are, however, a bit short on Mancunian transexuals.
You could get them on the Island ............seriously not nice and i dont mean Mancunian transexuals
Old Sep 4th 2008, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sans
He said "my old man" meaning i believe his dad..........
Ah, fair do's.....Manc terms for my old man could mean either Dad or OH I suppose. You're mostly likely right then
Old Sep 4th 2008, 3:34 pm
Banned

Dukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Sue
Unfortunately as moderators we can not read every post made on this forum, we just don't have the time. However if a member ever comes across an inappropriate post or one that does not adhere to the site rules they are encouraged to click the "report" button (that is along the bottom of every post) so it can be brought to the attention of a moderator and then we can take a look.

Thanks.
id like to make a complaint. a lot of peeps swearing at me and personaly insulting me because i posted on this thread why i didnt like canada and wanted to retrn to manchester. ive got nothing but abuse from most people. even that chuttny told me to piss off. weres the tolerance here then. if you dont like what someones says after answering a qestion you abuse them and want to stop then talking with threats. how fair you all are. i might slam canadinas for being boring, ignorant and backwards but they at least dont shout abuse at me or make threts when i tell them i want to go back to manchester.

<<snip>>

Last edited by Sue; Sep 4th 2008 at 3:43 pm. Reason: Name calling removed.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 3:44 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

id like to make a complaint. a lot of peeps swearing at me and personaly insulting me because i posted on this thread why i didnt like canada and wanted to retrn to manchester. ive got nothing but abuse from most people. even that chuttny told me to piss off. weres the tolerance here then. if you dont like what someones says after answering a qestion you abuse them and want to stop then talking with threats. how fair you all are. i might slam canadinas for being boring, ignorant and backwards but they at least dont shout abuse at me or make threts when i tell them i want to go back to manchester.

<<snip>>
If you have come across posts that have broken the site rules then please do as per the instructions in my previous post and report the posts concerned.

Thanks
Old Sep 4th 2008, 3:54 pm
Banned

Dukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Sue
If you have come across posts that have broken the site rules then please do as per the instructions in my previous post and report the posts concerned.

Thanks
thank you for you reply. not sure of site rules but i was only giving my opinion which was asked for. some people dont agree and are very abusive to me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.