Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Honest Advice from those returning from Canada

Honest Advice from those returning from Canada

Old Aug 31st 2008, 3:53 am
Banned

Surrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Honest Advice from those returning from Canada

Originally Posted by Dukie
yes that waht i thought to. but dont think my boss likes drinking well he can go screw himslf, 1 will just tell him got upset stomach next time. someone told me thats an ok excuse for being late for work in canada as theyre such prigs here. but really i shouldnt have to lie never did in the uk never had a problem my boss just used to laugh and say he wished hed been with me last night. no sense of humour here, work , work and more friggin work.
Employers are so unreasonable, give you a job, pay you wages, you have a skinfull then night before and then they expect you to work the next day. No comfy chairs in the corner for a rest and put the feet up. So thoughtless of them.

I feel sure Manchester is waiting with bated breath for your return.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 4:23 am
Account Closed

crystal23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Surrey Expat
Employers are so unreasonable, give you a job, pay you wages, you have a skinfull then night before and then they expect you to work the next day. No comfy chairs in the corner for a rest and put the feet up. So thoughtless of them.

It's disgusting isn't it?. I bet they don't even provide the Alka Seltzer either - terrible violation of human rights.

God almighty. How many more trolls are there going to be on this forum. They seem to come in cycles. Probably busy with a box of tissues and a top shelf mag sat in their shitty little basement flat making up lives and plotting their next troll attack. Get a life people FFS.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 6:30 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gotoronto
I'd like to second this statement very much so.
And i'd like to third it
Old Aug 31st 2008, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Tableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond repute

Canada sucks big time. beer weak and no bloody curry house in this backwards place. people saying have a bloody nice day all the time. pubs suck big time and nitelife non exsitent. oh what Id give for a few points with me m8s and a good curry in rushome. had a few people over for drink the other night, all went home at about 11!!! couldn't believe it, I was just getting started, thought we were gonna make a night of it. they even told me the neighbors might complain about the music and the cops would come if they didnt go, how lame is that for an excuse. no life here.

I'm going back to manchester the greatest city in the world as soon as I can. made a big mistake coming here. went to the bloody mountains few weeks ago and got told I couldn't drink a beer in the park by some idiot warden, how backwards is that then? Also went rafting through the city and got a bloody ticket from a shithead cop on a bike no less, for having an open bottle of beer in the raft, took all my othet unopend beer to. appaerntly the cops can do that here and you cant complain. i think my human rights were violated, but nobody gives a shite. these people need to get a life instaed of stoping others having fun. that would never happen in the uk people more tolrant there. i cant wait to get out of this place and back to civilization. my advice dont come to this place if you want a life.
Sounds like your last sentence should read: my advice don't come to this place if you want a drink.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 3:30 pm
Banned

Dukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Tableland
Sounds like your last sentence should read: my advice don't come to this place if you want a drink.
im only trying to warn people about canada and not make my mistske.

people here are not very smart but very ignorant. asked for some cordial in a shop. they didnt even know what it was! told them you mix it with water for a drink. bloody ignorant woman took me to a freezer and gave me a frozen can. id laugh if it want so bad here. how can you not know what cordial is??? even kids know that. this place the arse of the world. they go on and on about the bloody mountains. anybody think no where else got mountains except canada. whats so special about mountains anyway been once its BORING! miles and miles of nothing, no towns, no pubs, no fairgrounds, just nothing.

all they do here is work and more work dont even get proper sick time. try and take whats yours and they want to know why your sick they even told me had to much time off. i told them i have the right to have 10 sick days a year now told i need a friggin doctors note!! bloody police state. people got no rights here.

only thing good here is a ticket home
Old Aug 31st 2008, 3:37 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

people here are not very smart but very ignorant. asked for some cordial in a shop. they didnt even know what it was! told them you mix it with water for a drink. bloody ignorant woman took me to a freezer and gave me a frozen can. id laugh if it want so bad here. how can you not know what cordial is??? even kids know that. this place the arse of the world. they go on and on about the bloody mountains. anybody think no where else got mountains except canada. whats so special about mountains anyway been once its BORING! miles and miles of nothing, no towns, no pubs, no fairgrounds, just nothing.

all they do here is work and more work dont even get proper sick time. try and take whats yours and they want to know why your sick they even told me had to much time off. i told them i have the right to have 10 sick days a year now told i need a friggin doctors note!! bloody police state. people got no rights here.

How's it going Bazzz?
Old Aug 31st 2008, 4:08 pm
Banned

Dukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Danny B
How's it going Bazzz?
whats a bazzz? is that some sort of canuk slang? hope its not an insult. but if your canadian wouldnt be surprised.

another reason not to come here.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 4:29 pm
Banned

Surrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond repute

I know what you mean, you'd think if they want immigrants to come here, the least they could do is build enough boozers for us in the mountains. What's with all this natural beauty anyway, chop down the trees and build theme parks, bugger it, why not shoot all the wildlife as well while we're in this drunken stupor. Still I don't think we need to worry, the mountains are being dismantled and exported to Mercia, to make room for new immigrants.

Can you believe it, we immigrants come to this country and they don't even bother to adapt their culture for us. And cordial, not knowing what it is, so so ignorant. I am surprised the woman could sleep at night. They don't know what a spanner is either, how can they even be competent to work on my Vespa. I went to get a parker and can you believe it, they had no idea what I was talking about. I was aghast! You are right some people are so ignorant, so much so they don't even realise how ignorant they are.

And all that work and only two weeks off, least they could do is give you an extra 10 weeks for going to the trouble and expense of taking up space in their country. As for sick days, you cannot even have a hangover without getting hassled. What's with society today, expecting people to support themselves, take responsibility and work to boot.

Bon voyage.

Last edited by Surrey Expat; Aug 31st 2008 at 4:35 pm.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 4:43 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

I know what you mean, you'd think if they want immigrants to come here, the least they could do is build enough boozers for us in the mountains. What's with all this natural beauty anyway, chop down the trees and build theme parks, bugger it, why not shoot all the wildlife as well while we're in this drunken stupor. Still I don't think we need to worry, the mountains are being dismantled and exported to Mercia, to make room for new immigrants.

Can you believe it, we immigrants come to this country and they don't even bother to adapt their culture for us. And cordial, not knowing what it is, so so ignorant. I am surprised the woman could sleep at night. They don't know what a spanner is either, how can they even be competent to work on my Vespa. I went to get a parker and can you believe it, they had no idea what I was talking about. I was aghast! You are right some people are so ignorant, so much so they don't even realise how ignorant they are.

And all that work and only two weeks off, least they could do is give you an extra 10 weeks for going to the trouble and expense of taking up space in their country. As for sick days, you cannot even have a hangover without getting hassled. What's with society today, expecting people to support themselves, take responsibility and work to boot.

Bon voyage.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 4:48 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure the OP will be grateful for your constructive feedback

Good luck back in Blightly

p.s I am not Canadian
Old Aug 31st 2008, 4:52 pm
Banned

Bon voyage.
you make some good points. but i dont think they should chop all the trees down never said that. but whats wrong with having a few pubs or some attraction every so ofeten in the mountains not everyone wants to look at nothing for hours on end. at least if you could sit outside in a nice pub with some music (Oasis would be great) it would get more people going to the place. they would spend money and the locals would be happy to. probably never happen canadians to boring.

agree totally with your second point. forgot about a spanner yes that parker thing would annoy me to. your right they are just ignorant here and they dont know it. another thing they say is go a block??? what the friggin hell is a block? why dont they say what they mean and say just go up the street to the corner, isnt that better than a block? is our bloody langauge why cant they speak it properly and i hate being called an immigrant. im not an immigrant my ancestors came here first so how can i be an immigrant. i tell canuks that but they so stupid they dont understand we brits made this country and its our queen who is on the money.

your right they are very tight with time off here or sick days and they do hassle you as you say when you have a hangover. i dont mind work but its all work here. if you get half hour for dinner, youd better make sure thats all you take or they hassle you for that to.

when you getting out of this place and going back home?
Old Aug 31st 2008, 4:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

I'm quite impressed with the stamina and stuck-record-power of this troll actually ...
Old Aug 31st 2008, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

simongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I'd advise anyone with a good life in the UK to not risk screwing all that up by moving here and then having cause to regret it but then that's not certain that it will happen. But whenever I see the the glib comment "go for it, you only live once, what have you got to lose?" then I'd suggest that depending on the personal circumstances it could be rather a lot.[/QUOTE]

Great comment. I totally agree. I say, look before you leap. Look real hard.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 5:29 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by simongb
Personally I'd advise anyone with a good life in the UK to not risk screwing all that up by moving here and then having cause to regret it but then that's not certain that it will happen. But whenever I see the the glib comment "go for it, you only live once, what have you got to lose?" then I'd suggest that depending on the personal circumstances it could be rather a lot.[/QUOTE]

Great comment. I totally agree. I say, look before you leap. Look real hard.

simon what part of manchester you from? When you going home? is the us as shitty as canada to?
Old Aug 31st 2008, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously, Canadians IMO can be rather, erm, serious. I count family and work colleagues as Canadian, and my experience is that they are friendly in the extreme, but "formal" friendly, and very keen on rules. They like order. And who can blame them? I like Canada, and I like Canadians. In many ways, I like that they don't get drunk at every available opportunity like the Brits (after work, before work, weekends, lunch breaks).

I must say, a large part of me says you is trollin'.................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.