Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WA Police International Transition recruitment

WA Police International Transition recruitment

Old May 8th 2023, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

Sparcs75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WA Police International Transition recruitment

Nearly 4weeks since my psychological interview.

My mind is thinking all sorts, can't be too long off knowing either way.

Good luck tomorrow Jamesg177
Old May 12th 2023, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

MrsHw is an unknown quantity at this point

Husband applied this week and I’m more hopeful than he is. He feels that his recent few months off sick will kill his chance at Perth police. I tried remind him sick was to look after me and now I’m getting better he’s back in work and hence why moving to hotter country as my condition better in heat. Anyone had any similar and still got through?
Old May 12th 2023, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

Wirress is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrsHw
Husband applied this week and I’m more hopeful than he is. He feels that his recent few months off sick will kill his chance at Perth police. I tried remind him sick was to look after me and now I’m getting better he’s back in work and hence why moving to hotter country as my condition better in heat. Anyone had any similar and still got through?
Wouldn't this have been dependency leave or compassionate leave rather than sick? If it was it shouldn't have a bearing on it as its not time off due to his health ect

Obviously know nothing about your circumstances but the only possible implications based on previous posts here are in relation to visa applications. From other persons posts medical history/illnesses can have an impact on the visa being declined. If they calculate medical care to be above a certain amount. Again this is not something I have knowledge of. I am just stating what others have put previously in this thread. Would be worth researching the visa process ect. Although this is a way down the line from application but no harm reading up on it prior to applying.
Old May 15th 2023, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

Alan mac is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks

Im serving in the psni and at the stage in the process of police checks, driving history checks too. Im having difficulties with the DVA NI re sharing driving history.

Also, does ACRO cover NI residents I wonder. Are there any fellow psni on here that are having similar issues. TIA
Old May 16th 2023, 8:02 am
Just Joined

Alan NI is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alan mac
Hi folks

Im serving in the psni and at the stage in the process of police checks, driving history checks too. Im having difficulties with the DVA NI re sharing driving history.

Also, does ACRO cover NI residents I wonder. Are there any fellow psni on here that are having similar issues. TIA
I just had my panel interview last week so unfortunately the stage behind yourself. DVLA in Coleraine not helpful? With regards the ACRO I have no idea myself so hopefully you will be able to shed light on it if/when u get it sorted
Old May 16th 2023, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

IrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan mac
Hi folks

Hi Alan, nothing to do with your application but the following is just for your interest,

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-...lict/100084120

I am retired from the Victoria Police and served with a few ex RUC men, I came to Australia in 1964.

Old May 16th 2023, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

Alan mac is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alan NI
I just had my panel interview last week so unfortunately the stage behind yourself. DVLA in Coleraine not helpful? With regards the ACRO I have no idea myself so hopefully you will be able to shed light on it if/when u get it sorted
Cheers bud. Keep me posted on how you get along and I will do the same. Minor stumbling blocks to be honest but we will all hopefully get to the promised land to enjoy the life we hope for. Take care brother.
Old May 17th 2023, 8:18 pm
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of

Just out of interest.

For those of you that have been successful, which stations are you being posted to?
Old May 17th 2023, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

Benno86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pincher
Just out of interest.

For those of you that have been successful, which stations are you being posted to?
Hi Pincher, are you given a station at this stage or when in training?

P.S.
I'm new to posting on this but have been an avid spectator since last year. All of your posts and others on here have been really helpful.

Last edited by Benno86; May 17th 2023 at 8:48 pm.
Old May 18th 2023, 2:22 am
Forum Regular

Slippery Pete is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pincher
Just out of interest.

I read somewhere that they find out halfway during the academy
Old May 23rd 2023, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

Bazandbeanz is an unknown quantity at this point

Do the ACRO forms come in the post or as an e mail?
Old May 23rd 2023, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesg177 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bazandbeanz
Do the ACRO forms come in the post or as an e mail?
they post them, usually it’s the checks that take about a week unless you choice the express service but not sure if they doing that, they stopped it when took the online system down. Then they post next day delivery if you select that option

Last edited by Jamesg177; May 23rd 2023 at 8:13 pm.
Old May 23rd 2023, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

Bazandbeanz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jamesg177
they post them, usually it’s the checks that take about a week unless you choice the express service but not sure if they doing that, they stopped it when took the online system down. Then they post next day delivery if you select that option

Thanks. I was expecting an email. I sent mine away about two weeks ago. It did however, say that the site had suffered a Internet based attack.
Old May 24th 2023, 10:58 am
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Slippery Pete
I read somewhere that they find out halfway during the academy
Ah, I thought peeps were being told postings when they were successful.(?)

Our intake were told we were all being posted within the old South West District (Freo down to Mandurah). The intake after us were given South East District (Cannington, Armadale etc).

About 3 weeks before the end of thecourse we were told to pick 3 starions in order of preference for our posting. Everyone for what they wanted.
Old May 26th 2023, 7:26 am
Almost there...

Just finished a weeks course at the Academy.
Had a good chat with a few of the trainers. They are looking to put 1,000 cops, Recruits and Transitionals through the Academy next year. They plan to achieve this by recruiting an additional 70 instructors ( a gig I quite fancy once my minimum tenures up later this year), and running 2 day shifts and one arvo shift of courses.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.