Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WA Police International Transition recruitment

WA Police International Transition recruitment

Old Apr 19th 2023, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

Sparcs75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WA Police International Transition recruitment

Medical and vision was part of the police checks, driving and bankruptcy check. Altogether.
Old Apr 19th 2023, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesg177 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ybot96
Morning everyone.

Had my interview 4 weeks ago and had an email this morning saying that I have completed the initial stages and they now need me to do police clearance, driving license history and a psychological assessment in a few weeks.

I am confused because it doesn't actually say I've passed? And I thought that we did the medical/vision requirements before doing any of the clearance/driving history and psychological assessment?

Hope that makes sense
you have passed the interview and reference part. They then want you to complete the medical and police checks to ensure you are medically fit to undertake the role and not a criminal and all the other bits around that. Like psychological assessment woth a professional they will organise for you

when you complete all of that and all is well they you then get offered a job and told to start the visa process
Old Apr 19th 2023, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jess.h96
Does anyone know if you need an up to date passport for the ACRO police certificate application? It doesn’t state it on the website or the application form :/
I took a selfie with a white background and sent that with the application which all got approved
Old Apr 19th 2023, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mossy1986
That’s my psych interview all done. Just the waiting game now

Originally Posted by Sparcs75
Looking forward to the 11th then 👍🙈

​​​​​​Is there anyone at the visa stage yet?
how long was it between submitting medical etc until you heard about your psychological assessment?
Old Apr 19th 2023, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesg177 I think it was 2 weeks after I had submitted all the final paperwork along with the medical.

They then booked the psychological assessment with was 2 week after that. I'm losing track 👍

​​​

Last edited by Sparcs75; Apr 19th 2023 at 5:04 pm.
Old Apr 19th 2023, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesg177 I think it was 2 weeks after I had submitted all the final paperwork along with the medical.

They then booked the psychological assessment with was 2 week after that. I'm losing track 👍

​​​
may thanks

yeah it does get a bit confusing when each bit was received and booked etc.

they requested on my medical email to indicate if I’d be able to be there for September don’t see how that’s even possible with that time scale and then still needing result and visa etc
Old Apr 19th 2023, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah, I said the same about the September start date. Even if they say yes now it's a stretch with the visa. Although I'd give it a go, it will probably be oct/nov. All this depends on their intakes, they mention September but when is the next one after that? Could be the new year 2024?

6 months since I applied. A yes would definitely spur things on my end, with everything. 👍
Old Apr 22nd 2023, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

Exactly my feeling been putting off selling thing in case I got a no and then be sat in an empty house staring at the wall haha

was your psychological assessment an actual interview?
I’ve just got an email about it and have to complete questionnaires and consent form but received it from a weird email address of all numbers and letter almost like a phishing scam type email address.
Old Apr 22nd 2023, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

Email address was from an admin@..., I was able to find their actual website online.

Mine was an hour and 50mins, I was asked so much stuff, I can't remember halve of it. Some of it was what you have already sent in and some will be the forms you now send in. Once the forms are sent you get an email with dates to have your interview.
Old Apr 22nd 2023, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

Slippery Pete is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Apr 22nd 2023, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

Slippery Pete nice one! Do you know when they had their psychological assessment?
Old Apr 22nd 2023, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Slippery Pete is an unknown quantity at this point

Slippery Pete nice one! Do you know when they had their psychological assessment?
Sorry don’t know mate
Old Apr 22nd 2023, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

Email address was from an admin@..., I was able to find their actual website online.

Mine was an hour and 50mins, I was asked so much stuff, I can't remember halve of it. Some of it was what you have already sent in and some will be the forms you now send in. Once the forms are sent you get an email with dates to have your interview.
the email says “potential interview with psychologist” would be nice if it’s not required would save a few weeks on the process I would imagine maybe make September a possibility
Old Apr 22nd 2023, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Slippery Pete
congrats 🥳 🎉
Old Apr 22nd 2023, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesg177 I think "potential' is there, as they read the documents you submit first. If it's that bad and all the answers show your not suitable, you don't get an interview. Hence the 'potential', that's how I see it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.