Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WA Police International Transition recruitment

WA Police International Transition recruitment

Old Jun 12th 2023, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

mossy1986 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WA Police International Transition recruitment

Originally Posted by dayneweir
Afternoon all,

Just looking for a bit of advice as to where I’m at currently in the process. I’ve sent off my clearances and just waiting for my meeting to be arranged with the psychological evaluation team. Is there much more do to from there before being placed into the talent pool? Also, what does the psychological evaluation entail compared to the previous psychological assessment?

Thanks,

Dayne
yes once your psychological interview is fine and reviewed it’s then into the selection pool. After that they select people from there for official job offers. Once you’ve accepted the official offer they nominate you for a visa and give you a reference number which you need to start the visa application.

Once you submit your visa and pay for it, you’ll you will get a HAP number which will allow you to book a medical for you and any additionals who’ll be on the visa.

Hope this helps.

ALSO!! If you have a partner, apply for their police clearance NOW!! As they’ll need one for the visa and there a major backlog
Old Jun 12th 2023, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

dayneweir is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Mossy, I’ll get her ACRO sorted tomorrow as well I’m hopeful preparation.

Just the psychological evaluation and then hopefully an official offer!

Thanks for the help.
Old Jun 13th 2023, 8:11 am
Just Joined

Benno86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mossy1986
yes once your psychological interview is fine and reviewed it’s then into the selection pool. After that they select people from there for official job offers. Once you’ve accepted the official offer they nominate you for a visa and give you a reference number which you need to start the visa application.

Once you submit your visa and pay for it, you’ll you will get a HAP number which will allow you to book a medical for you and any additionals who’ll be on the visa.

Hope this helps.

ALSO!! If you have a partner, apply for their police clearance NOW!! As they’ll need one for the visa and there a major backlog
Great bit of advice that at the bottom Mossy, nice one.
How long did you wait from final submission of all medical, eye sight, clearance checks etc. until you got a job offer?
Old Jun 13th 2023, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Benno86
Great bit of advice that at the bottom Mossy, nice one.
How long did you wait from final submission of all medical, eye sight, clearance checks etc. until you got a job offer?
no probs mate. There is a 4 week wait on ACRO certificates at the min and not everyone knows until they start their visa app that partners need one. Defo get ahead of the game on that one.

I submitted all my post interview checks
of on 20th March and got an official job offer on 5th May
Old Jun 14th 2023, 11:27 am
Just Joined

Alan mac is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks.

My ACRO is in the post to me today. Once I send that does anyone know the next steps to be taken and a rough idea of how long it all takes. Wondering whether I’ll have the summer to get the house sold if it’s a yes from WA.

cheers guys
Old Jun 14th 2023, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

Markof1979 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I have successfully completed the interview and found this out on the 24/04/2023.

I have then sent my completed DVLA and ACRO checks on the 24th May 2023.

I have still not heard anything regarding my Psychologicl Assessment. I know that there is a delay but can anyone advise how long it should take before I hear anything?
Old Jun 14th 2023, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

Bazandbeanz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Markof1979
Hi all,

I have successfully completed the interview and found this out on the 24/04/2023.

I have then sent my completed DVLA and ACRO checks on the 24th May 2023.

I have still not heard anything regarding my Psychologicl Assessment. I know that there is a delay but can anyone advise how long it should take before I hear anything?
I am at the same stage as you. Sent my police ACRO form back last week, and had already sent my driving details through.
I did receive an email a week telling me that i had an outstanding complaint, but I haven't or could i clarify its addressed. I had already sent through an email from DSE manage of my complaints record showing that I have no live complaints.
Old Jun 16th 2023, 8:36 am
Just Joined

Smally24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Newbie here. I came across this site the other day.
I transitioned over here from the UK in 2007. Reading the thread I may even know Pincher.
If I can offer any advice just let me know.
Old Jun 16th 2023, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Smally24
Newbie here. I came across this site the other day.
I transitioned over here from the UK in 2007. Reading the thread I may even know Pincher.
If I can offer any advice just let me know.
great to have you on here at. I’m just waiting for my visa to be granted and then hopefully a start date won’t be too far behind. Then myself, partner and our 2 daughters (aged 6 and 2) will be heading over. We have friends in Clarkson who will initially stay with for a few weeks then hopefully look to settle North.

are you still in the job? How do you find things over there? Be great to get another honest insight into life over there. We’ve had a few great posts from people on here telling us their experiences.
Old Jun 16th 2023, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

great to have you on here at. I’m just waiting for my visa to be granted and then hopefully a start date won’t be too far behind. Then myself, partner and our 2 daughters (aged 6 and 2) will be heading over. We have friends in Clarkson who will initially stay with for a few weeks then hopefully look to settle North.

are you still in the job? How do you find things over there? Be great to get another honest insight into life over there. We’ve had a few great posts from people on here telling us their experiences.
Yep, still in the job on a GD team in the Metro area, which I quite enjoy.
The job is the job is the job wherever you go. I always said that it’s easy learning new stuff. The hard thing is forgetting the old. For example I can still trot off the definition of theft which I’ve not had to refer to since 2007!
There will be bumps in the road and you will be so far out of your comfort zone it’s not funny. One bit of advice I would give all of you is not to openly compare your old force to Wapol. How would we feel if a boat load of Australian cops came to the UK and started saying “back in Australia we did it like this….” I’m sure you could imagine the response!
Surround yourself with positive people is another bit of good advice we were given. It makes settling in so much easier.
Life in general is better here. You and your family will get homesick at times and it’s natural to feel like that. The feeling will go eventually. That said, if you want to find an excuse to go back you can always find one. A guy on my intake said his daughter couldn’t settle and lasted three months.
I’ve never been regional but I know lots who have and thoroughly loved it. If you think it’s a good fit for you and your family then go for it.
The way of life here is a bit slower than you would be used to. I was in a midlands based force which by comparison to the likes of the Met, West Mids and GMP, it was a rural backwater, but still busier than anything here, except probably Perth.
If you have any specific questions then please feel free to ask. From our point of view it has been a move worth making.

Last edited by Smally24; Jun 16th 2023 at 4:40 pm.
Old Jun 16th 2023, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Smally24
Yep, still in the job on a GD team in the Metro area, which I quite enjoy.
The job is the job is the job wherever you go. I always said that it’s easy learning new stuff. The hard thing is forgetting the old. For example I can still trot off the definition of theft which I’ve not had to refer to since 2007!
There will be bumps in the road and you will be so far out of your comfort zone it’s not funny. One bit of advice I would give all of you is not to openly compare your old force to Wapol. How would we feel if a boat load of Australian cops came to the UK and started saying “back in Australia we did it like this….” I’m sure you could imagine the response!
Surround yourself with positive people is another bit of good advice we were given. It makes settling in so much easier.
Life in general is better here. You and your family will get homesick at times and it’s natural to feel like that. The feeling will go eventually. That said, if you want to find an excuse to go back you can always find one. A guy on my intake said his daughter couldn’t settle and lasted three months.
I’ve never been regional but I know lots who have and thoroughly loved it. If you think it’s a good fit for you and your family then go for it.
The way of life here is a bit slower than you would be used to. I was in a midlands based force which by comparison to the likes of the Met, West Mids and GMP, it was a rural backwater, but still busier than anything here, except probably Perth.
If you have any specific questions then please feel free to ask. From our point of view it has been a move worth making.
Thanks so much for this. Really great insight to things. Yeah I’ve heard about the “back in the UK thing” I have a friend in the job over there (ex GMP) and he said as much. No doubt there will be a few “UK Top Cops” according to themselves but I’m very much the grey man, always have been. I don’t like to stand out.

At risk of sounding cliché, I enjoy being a cop. I joined at the age of 30 taking a huge pay cut to do so but it’s what I wanted to do. It’s a conscious and well thought out choice I made so I tend not to moan about the job. I’ve worked with many cops who moan about the job and each to their own but I wasn’t forced into the role so I just get on with it. I have said to my partner, the job is the job but it’s the days off that will count over there!

I’m currently Merseyside so we’re incredibly busy and fast paced. If I have a question or 2 would it be ok to private message you? Thanks again for the advice mate.
Old Jun 16th 2023, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

Markof1979 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bazandbeanz
I am at the same stage as you. Sent my police ACRO form back last week, and had already sent my driving details through.
I did receive an email a week telling me that i had an outstanding complaint, but I haven't or could i clarify its addressed. I had already sent through an email from DSE manage of my complaints record showing that I have no live complaints.
Appears that it is just a long old process, which is not a problem at all, just excited about the opportunity.
That sounds like a fristrating situation, hopefully gets cleared up pretty quickly. Good luck, sure all will be ok.
Old Jun 17th 2023, 12:24 am
Just Joined

Thanks so much for this. Really great insight to things. Yeah I’ve heard about the “back in the UK thing” I have a friend in the job over there (ex GMP) and he said as much. No doubt there will be a few “UK Top Cops” according to themselves but I’m very much the grey man, always have been. I don’t like to stand out.

At risk of sounding cliché, I enjoy being a cop. I joined at the age of 30 taking a huge pay cut to do so but it’s what I wanted to do. It’s a conscious and well thought out choice I made so I tend not to moan about the job. I’ve worked with many cops who moan about the job and each to their own but I wasn’t forced into the role so I just get on with it. I have said to my partner, the job is the job but it’s the days off that will count over there!

I’m currently Merseyside so we’re incredibly busy and fast paced. If I have a question or 2 would it be ok to private message you? Thanks again for the advice mate.
It was the same when I moved over here as well but you will get the ‘supercops’ wherever you go.

No problem with sending a PM. Happy to answer any questions you want.
Old Jun 18th 2023, 12:26 am
Just Joined

Jess.h96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

just wondered if anyone else had heard or seen anything about a time frame from having the psychological interview to hearing if they’ve passed or been put into the selection pool? On here it seems to be anything between 4 weeks to 2 months? Can’t seem to find much online..would appreciate any info!
Old Jun 18th 2023, 9:50 pm
Just Joined

If there are any Northamptonshire officers on here considering the move or want any info then I’ll be in Northampton for a few days at the end of August and happy to meet up for a chat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.