Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WA Police International Transition recruitment

WA Police International Transition recruitment

Old Jul 3rd 2023, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

James97 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WA Police International Transition recruitment

Originally Posted by Smally24
Honestly folks. The process can take time. It was the same when I joined in the UK and it was the same when I joined over here as well. We have so much invested into making the move we all think that no news means that we’ve been forgotten about.
I’m happy to take PMs from anyone or answer any questions on the public board. Just remember though that I can’t talk aboutabout specific applications though.

Hey , this may have already been asked . I completed by psych evaluation and sent off all my ACRO checks in April . I have not heard back since but have been told the medical now comes after this section . Not sure if anyone else has had this experience and if they are selecting you into the pool before medicals now ?
Old Jul 3rd 2023, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

Joe Ninety is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by James97
Hey , this may have already been asked . I completed by psych evaluation and sent off all my ACRO checks in April . I have not heard back since but have been told the medical now comes after this section . Not sure if anyone else has had this experience and if they are selecting you into the pool before medicals now ?
The medical is after the psych interview. Along with the eyesight and bankruptcy check. If that’s completed satisfactorily then you get into the pool.
Old Jul 3rd 2023, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

GaryO is an unknown quantity at this point

Good afternoon all, I haven't posted in awhile, but been keeping an eye on the group as there is always good info on here. Been 2 months now since I completed everything and just waiting for the nod.... hopefully soon, but I'm not in a rush as I would Ideally like to get there next in the first half of the year.
Congratualtions to all that have made it this far and been selected.. thats awesome... one step closer...

Just a thought and a question; with the likes of Queensland Police doing their best to pouch as many members as possible with their 20K incentive....Do you think this will have an effect on the WA recruitment? and do you think WA might change their stance on offering assistance/incentives?? It doesn't make a difference to me as I will still go and Queensland does not interest me.

Just curious

All the best..
Old Jul 3rd 2023, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Joe Ninety
The medical is after the psych interview. Along with the eyesight and bankruptcy check. If that’s completed satisfactorily then you get into the pool.
Cheers mate , do you know how long it takes to wait for the medical forms as its almost been 2 months now since i did the rest
Old Jul 3rd 2023, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

Sparcs75 is an unknown quantity at this point

James97 seems to have changed.

My doctors/medical, eye sight, acro, etc was all before the psychological 1 to 1. Which was the last thing we had to do.
Old Jul 3rd 2023, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sparcs75
@James97 seems to have changed. My doctors/medical, eye sight, acro, etc was all before the psychological 1 to 1. Which was the last thing we had to do.
Yean my friend who had his interview 2 weeks to me did his medical first but between this time they stated they were changing how they did things
Old Jul 4th 2023, 10:12 am
Just Joined

Craig dag is an unknown quantity at this point

This the reality of what you’re coming to.
Old Jul 5th 2023, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

Smally24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Had a couple of GMP officers come to the station today for their ID particulars to be taken. So at least it shows that some are making their way over and the processes are moving forward.
Old Jul 5th 2023, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesg177 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sparcs75
Jamesg177 dude really really pleased....Congratulations

Although I'm feeling a bit deflated, my kids keep asking how it's going and I have no answer... Jamesg177 you did your psychological a month after me too.
Ah sorry dude yeah I done it a little while after you,
they prob just got annoyed of me calling them every couple of weeks ahaha
I’m sure you’ll hear soon to be honest I was giving up hope and the email was kind of out of the blue.

also don’t know if it makes a difference but they always ask if you could be there for September I always said yes but I need an answer. Looks like September will be too late now by the time I get through selection pool and told to do visa and that process is like 3-6 months

Last edited by Jamesg177; Jul 5th 2023 at 3:45 pm.
Old Jul 5th 2023, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

Markof1979 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, hope you are all well.

I am at the medical stage, all the documents reference going to your GP. But I have heard it has to be done at a WA approved location at a reasonable cost. Can anyone clarify that?
Old Jul 7th 2023, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesg177 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Markof1979
Hi, hope you are all well.

I am at the medical stage, all the documents reference going to your GP. But I have heard it has to be done at a WA approved location at a reasonable cost. Can anyone clarify that?
It it’s the medical for the police recruitment it’s any GP can do it, it’s the specific drug test you may struggle with my NHS doc wouldn’t do if had to find a private company and go private for the medical because my GP said they won’t do half the tests

if it’s for the visa then has to be the approved locations, which are London Manchester, Plymouth and a couple in Scotland. These are on the immigration website with contact details.
Old Jul 10th 2023, 3:01 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

For information, a newspaper article about an intending applicant from the UK who has a child with a disability.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-07-...rome/102572544
Old Jul 10th 2023, 3:14 am
Just Joined

Smally24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
For information, a newspaper article about an intending applicant from the UK who has a child with a disability.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-07-...rome/102572544
My brother in law emigrated here 10 years ago. His daughter, now 14, has Cystic Fibrosis and they had no issues in getting a visa.

Reading the link it seems that ‘Lisa’ has obtained an opinion and nothing more. To me it is typical scaremongering journalism….we’ll create the fear then tell you we’ll protect you from it.
Old Jul 10th 2023, 9:44 am
Just Joined

michaelm474 is an unknown quantity at this point

How’s it going…joining in on the conversation here.

I’m at the very beginning of the journey although the first stage has come quicker than I expected. Sent my application on Friday night, got an email this morning to complete stage one tests by 25th July. Is it usually this quick?

I’ve a slight worry that I’m under investigation in my current force and could hold me back for this? I’m not suspended or anything. I declared it in the application form so I suppose there’s not much I can do at the minute.

Last edited by michaelm474; Jul 10th 2023 at 9:50 am.
Old Jul 10th 2023, 10:28 am
Just Joined

Benno86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by michaelm474
How’s it going…joining in on the conversation here.

I’m at the very beginning of the journey although the first stage has come quicker than I expected. Sent my application on Friday night, got an email this morning to complete stage one tests by 25th July. Is it usually this quick?

I’ve a slight worry that I’m under investigation in my current force and could hold me back for this? I’m not suspended or anything. I declared it in the application form so I suppose there’s not much I can do at the minute.
All the delays seem to be coming at the end of the process when the decisions are being made.
If you are under investigation for anything I’d imagine this might slow the recruitment process down at that point when they scrutinise all of the information and test results.

Last edited by Benno86; Jul 10th 2023 at 10:31 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.