Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WA Police International Transition recruitment

WA Police International Transition recruitment

Old Mar 27th 2023, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

Jamesg177 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WA Police International Transition recruitment

Originally Posted by Pauly864
I was one of the second wave of DEAT officers to join Wapol. From what you've said Pincher, it does not sound like the police force i joined back in 2009. Yes, I was able to special but General Duties was just as bad as the UK in my opinion and they were Stats crazy, way more into chasing tickets than anything I'd experienced in the uk. It seemed to be poorly organised with a very backward attitude to intelligence led policing.

I think anyone considering the move should realise that conditions are no better than the uk. After all, what sort of conditions do you expect if their own citizens don't want to police it. Sorry to say this but people do need to know that its not gonna be just living the dream because as a cop we are witness to the nightmare. Not to mention that WA is heaving with Meths and always had a soring burglary rate. I had investigated some of the most brutal homicides I'd ever come across, way more brutal than anything in the UK. Also, don't get me started on the biker gangs, they are animals.

I spent 5 years in WA before returning to the UK. In retrospect I think I should have transfered to the Eastern States I found NSW and gold Coast much more interesting with a better lifestyle to offer. This is just my opinion so please don't blast me for it but I found WA a very dull place to live and raise a family. Also, as a brit please consider the weather. 42 degrees at Christmas is certainly not the time to be on the beach.... ouch.

Anyway, good luck to anyone willing to make the jump. Just remember, you're still policing the ungrateful public.
i’m not sure about everyone else’s thoughts but mine are…… coming from working an area of London that the stabbings, shootings, murders are pretty much so common that it isn’t reported in the media the majority of the time.

Even if it is equally as bad working WA at least my out of work life will be better, can be mortgage free from the extortionate prices of housing here and hopeful see that orange disk in the sky a bit more often compared to the grey we are used to here.
If the work is even slightly better then that’s an additional bonus too.
Old Mar 27th 2023, 11:16 am
Just Joined

Craig dag is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jamesg177
i’m not sure about everyone else’s thoughts but mine are…… coming from working an area of London that the stabbings, shootings, murders are pretty much so common that it isn’t reported in the media the majority of the time.

Even if it is equally as bad working WA at least my out of work life will be better, can be mortgage free from the extortionate prices of housing here and hopeful see that orange disk in the sky a bit more often compared to the grey we are used to here.
If the work is even slightly better then that’s an additional bonus too.
I did come from London and the job was much worse in WA.
Old Mar 28th 2023, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sparcs75
It was 8 weeks for me to hear after the interview.
just had my congratulations email about 5 minutes ago… my interview was on 3rd March so that’s pretty quick.

what did people do with the medical as I know this will be a problem with my doctors
Old Mar 28th 2023, 7:08 am
Just Joined

Bazandbeanz is an unknown quantity at this point

I obviously haven't passed then. My interview was on the 16th February.
Old Mar 28th 2023, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bazandbeanz
I wouldn’t say that I think it depends on how long references take etc. mine done it basically the day they received it
Old Mar 28th 2023, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

mossy1986 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bazandbeanz
I know a couple of people who are onto week 13 of waiting and this was due to an admin error of something not being attached to their file and the recruitment team not noticing.

this week is 6 weeks for you isn't it? Loads if people waited 6-8 weeks so I wouldn’t worry at all mate. Maybe give it another week or 2 and call to make sure they have everything?
Old Mar 28th 2023, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

Slippery Pete is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jamesg177
just had my congratulations email about 5 minutes ago… my interview was on 3rd March so that’s pretty quick.

what did people do with the medical as I know this will be a problem with my doctors
Congratulations James
Old Mar 28th 2023, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you

has anyone done the bankruptcy report?
the link takes you to the page which I can see a list of people who have applied and have restrictions but can’t see where you would get a specific report to say I have not been.
Old Mar 29th 2023, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

Sparcs75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes the bankruptcy report, I took a screen print from the name search. I then got a £8 report from somewhere else, which said the same thing. Overkill really, but I couldn't see another way of doing it.

Has anyone done the online questionnaire and had or booked the 1 to 1 video call with the psychologist?
Old Mar 29th 2023, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

IrishGarda is an unknown quantity at this point

Waiting for interview date after competing the fitness test a few weeks ago. Any one know how big the first induction class will be ? I’m hoping I will be going over before the end of this year. 3 years as a Garda in Ireland and lucky to have an oz passport already even though I haven’t been there before.
Old Mar 29th 2023, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

Yes the bankruptcy report, I took a screen print from the name search. I then got a £8 report from somewhere else, which said the same thing. Overkill really, but I couldn't see another way of doing it.

Has anyone done the online questionnaire and had or booked the 1 to 1 video call with the psychologist?
yeah I was thinking just give them that list and maybe an Experian report.
what did you do for the driving license? Where it shows points etc there is nothing to identify that’s it’s actually me.

I think they contact you for the interview right?
Old Mar 29th 2023, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by IrishGarda
Waiting for interview date after competing the fitness test a few weeks ago. Any one know how big the first induction class will be ? I’m hoping I will be going over before the end of this year. 3 years as a Garda in Ireland and lucky to have an oz passport already even though I haven’t been there before.
I believe the first class is September time but I’m not sure what the size will be I would I shine that depends how many people they can have ready to air the leap that quick.
Old Mar 29th 2023, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

I've heard October?

You request the driving history from the gov website, it's a 3/4 report. It should identify you and it has all your details on.
Old Mar 29th 2023, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

Does anyone know anyone at the visa stage?
Old Mar 29th 2023, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

I've heard October?

You request the driving history from the gov website, it's a 3/4 report. It should identify you and it has all your details on.
is that the subject access request form you submit?
I done that but says they’ll take a month to get back to me

I’m really not getting on with these government websites. ACRO website down too since the 25th

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.