Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

The Leaky Dhow Bar and Grill

The Leaky Dhow Bar and Grill

Old Feb 28th 2005, 5:34 pm
Yes, Master...

Tami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: The Leaky Dhow Bar and Grill

Originally Posted by Palm Tree
I will test your judgement then. That should be fun Did you write my numbers down? Put them somewhere save. When I moved here, I couldn't connect to the internet for nearly two months and my bloody computer didn't work either. I had no contacts handy what so ever and could only check up on expatmum when I ventured into town into an internet cafe, which I absolutely hate.
No worries...hubby has been there for nearly 9 months and already has all that sorted for me...he just had the villa fixed for wireless yesterday, so I'll bring my laptop and not even have to use his computer. I have your info in my address book already and it's in the carry-on. Now I just have to hope this wretched snowstorm doesn't delay us too long!
Old Feb 28th 2005, 5:35 pm
Yes, Master...

Tami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Face81
Good evening Aunty S, Tami and JB.......

I see u had fun with my m8, Sam?

sadly he is gone now, so u have only boring old me to talk to.
Hi Face! How are you? With mates like that, who needs enemies, huh?
Old Feb 28th 2005, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tami2
OK, Jools. Have a nice
Talk to you tomorow if the snow and ice down wreck my internet lines!
Night night!
Now I know why Jools suddenly sneaked away? She never has an early night. It's EASTENDERS time. Hey Tami, you won't see any Brits on here for half an hour. One of their only British soaps that you can get in Dubai is on. :scared:

When I first moved to the UK, I could have killed my boyfriend (now husband) as he used to spend Sunday afternoon's watching the Omnibus version (2 hrs) and I couldn't understand what joy he found in following so much crap. When my son was born, I was keep flicking through TV channels and ended up just like a proper Brit, hooked on crappy soaps but I did manage to limit myself to Eastenders and not all the others. I did occasionaly watch 'Home and Away' and 'Neighbours'. Oh my god, I can't believe it myself just thinking of it now. I got one of my sisters-in-law from Iran to watch Eastenders when she ended up living with us and her husband for two years :scared: to improve her English. She hated it, couldn't understand a word and the point of the story lines but eventually got hooked, just like me. She left the UK after 4 years, couldn't stand it and returned to Iran. The thing she was most upset about was not being able to watch Eastenders anymore. Well guess what? They got a satelite dish and she hasn't missed one episode since. Me and Sassy were pretty cheesed off that we couldn't get BBC Prime when we moved here. I got weaned off it since but it seemed like a torture to start with.

Do you know what, instead of writing a story here, I should go and check out what I have been missing since 2003. See if I recognise any faces.

There is probably no one here to talk to anymore, now that JB has gone to sleep.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 5:36 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

No worries...hubby has been there for nearly 9 months and already has all that sorted for me...he just had the villa fixed for wireless yesterday, so I'll bring my laptop and not even have to use his computer. I have your info in my address book already and it's in the carry-on. Now I just have to hope this wretched snowstorm doesn't delay us too long!
hi Tami.......... it rained again in Dubai today....... for the whole day apparently and poor Venus Williams lost in the opening rounds of the Dubai Tennis Championships.

I am so jealous that ur going to be over ther b4 me. *sniff, sniff*
Old Feb 28th 2005, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

hi Tami.......... it rained again in Dubai today....... for the whole day apparently and poor Venus Williams lost in the opening rounds of the Dubai Tennis Championships.

What? Rained? Where? It was the sunniest and hottest day in a very long time. There was a small drizzle around Safa Park in the morning but that cleared up quickly and the sun was shining all day. I was even thinking of putting on the A/C for a change and I never even put it on in the summer. My son got even sunburned during his football session.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 5:39 pm
Yes, Master...

Now I know why Jools suddenly sneaked away? She never has an early night. It's EASTENDERS time. Hey Tami, you won't see any Brits on here for half an hour. One of their only British soaps that you can get in Dubai is on. :scared:

When I first moved to the UK, I could have killed my boyfriend (now husband) as he used to spend Sunday afternoon's watching the Omnibus version (2 hrs) and I couldn't understand what joy he found in following so much crap. When my son was born, I was keep flicking through TV channels and ended up just like a proper Brit, hooked on crappy soaps but I did manage to limit myself to Eastenders and not all the others. I did occasionaly watch 'Home and Away' and 'Neighbours'. Oh my god, I can't believe it myself just thinking of it now. I got one of my sisters-in-law from Iran to watch Eastenders when she ended up living with us and her husband for two years :scared: to improve her English. She hated it, couldn't understand a word and the point of the story lines but eventually got hooked, just like me. She left the UK after 4 years, couldn't stand it and returned to Iran. The thing she was most upset about was not being able to watch Eastenders anymore. Well guess what? They got a satelite dish and she hasn't missed one episode since. Me and Sassy were pretty cheesed off that we couldn't get BBC Prime when we moved here. I got weaned off it since but it seemed like a torture to start with.

Do you know what, instead of writing a story here, I should go and check out what I have been missing since 2003. See if I recognise any faces.

There is probably no one here to talk to anymore, now that JB has gone to sleep.
Oh, I'm sure it's going to be pretty quiet now, then. Nothing much to do here, just watch the snow fall and pack some more....I hate packing!
Old Feb 28th 2005, 5:40 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

me?

although i do watch eastenders when i am in dubai myself.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 5:41 pm
Yes, Master...

Oh well, only for a couple of weeks, then it's back to the states until late summer. But don't worry, I'll take good care of Dubai for you while I'm there!
Old Feb 28th 2005, 5:41 pm
The Oracle

What? Rained? Where? It was the sunniest and hottest day in a very long time. There was a small drizzle around Safa Park in the morning but that cleared up quickly and the sun was shining all day. I was even thinking of putting on the A/C for a change and I never even put it on in the summer. My son got even sunburned during his football session.

was on the phone to Mum and Dad and they sed it rained for the better part of the morning in North Dubai........ ur in the South....... thats prolly why......

its always drier in South Dubai.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 5:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oh, I'm sure it's going to be pretty quiet now, then. Nothing much to do here, just watch the snow fall and pack some more....I hate packing!
I hate ironing!

Why do I leave ironing the school uniforms for the last minute?
I will leave you to do your packing Tami, we will no doubt catch up in person. I have to get the stuff ready for school now.

Who else is on here, I wish everyone a good sleep.xxx
Old Feb 28th 2005, 5:44 pm
The Oracle

Oh well, only for a couple of weeks, then it's back to the states until late summer. But don't worry, I'll take good care of Dubai for you while I'm there!
thanks! I miss home........... have just got some firm dates for the rest of my year.......... looking good!

I am going to be in Dubai from the 17th of march till the 12th of April...... then again from april 29th to September 28th and I will be back once and for all on the 15th of December!!!!!
Old Feb 28th 2005, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

was on the phone to Mum and Dad and they sed it rained for the better part of the morning in North Dubai........ ur in the South....... thats prolly why......

its always drier in South Dubai.
Living in Mc South is good for something then? Maybe Emaar could use the drier weather down south as an advertising gimmick.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 5:45 pm
The Oracle

Hi Face! How are you? With mates like that, who needs enemies, huh?
he is a good bloke!
Old Feb 28th 2005, 5:46 pm
Yes, Master...

I hate ironing!

Why do I leave ironing the school uniforms for the last minute?
I will leave you to do your packing Tami, we will no doubt catch up in person. I have to get the stuff ready for school now.

Who else is on here, I wish everyone a good sleep.xxx
Good Night then PT. Have a good rest. I'll catch up with you again soon and then hopefully in person in Dubai!
Old Feb 28th 2005, 5:47 pm
The Oracle

Living in Mc South is good for something then? Maybe Emaar could use the drier weather down south as an advertising gimmick.
that cud earn u alot of money......... ring them up and tell them that...... it can easily be proven statistically. i am sure......... anything beyond J 3.5 is considered South Dubai.

how r u doing today then?

That cheeky JB made Sam give her 61 points of karma from my account and she hast returned it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.