Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Dec 27th 2019, 10:00 pm
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

Originally Posted by BristolUK
...Or legs over the shoulders of those in front?
Hmm, might have gotten away with that in the '70s.

Never driven one, just tried to sit in the back seat of one once, got out for aforementioned reason and said "No, it's fine, ta, I'll follow you..."
Old Dec 27th 2019, 10:26 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Does that mean a 959 is supposed to mean something special?

Or legs over the shoulders of those in front?
A 959 is a rare car. They don't meet the US standards for road use but Bill Gates wanted to import one so the US changed the rules to make an exception for it. That's real car money, enough to bribe the government.

A chap on my team last year had a 930 Turbo (like the one in Moncton). Curiously, he let me drive that but got all precious about sharing his Chevy Bolt.

Last edited by dbd33; Dec 27th 2019 at 10:30 pm.
Old Dec 28th 2019, 1:16 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I don't think that's a lot for a car. I paid rather more than that for mine and the speedo doesn't even work.
My husband was seldom home during the first bits of our sons life, but when he was, would always refer to our son as ‘my Porche’. It took a number of years for people to realize that he was joking (I think he was)....Had it been a straight choice I fear I may have gone for a Jaguar XJ6...

Last edited by MillieF; Dec 28th 2019 at 1:17 am. Reason: typo
Old Dec 28th 2019, 1:34 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF

My husband was seldom home during the first bits of our sons life, but when he was, would always refer to our son as ‘my Porche’. It took a number of years for people to realize that he was joking (I think he was)....Had it been a straight choice I fear I may have gone for a Jaguar XJ6...
Years ago I had a horse called Austin, because he ate the Austin-Healey money. Right now I have a XJ12 in the barn, I think it looks great but, alas, no one else does. "A vehicle of its time", "makes you look like John Prescott" are the type of comments it attracts.
Old Dec 28th 2019, 7:09 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Pssst...wanna buy a Porsche?

Just the $76,700

Could buy a house for less than that.
Is it yours Bristol

ps ignore that, my Activity Page just took me to my last unread post on this thread, didn't see all the rest

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Dec 28th 2019 at 7:11 am.
Old Dec 28th 2019, 7:33 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Are Beanie Babies still an investment?
Old Dec 28th 2019, 8:33 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Oink
Are Beanie Babies still an investment?
I can answer that ax afriend stored lots for his daughter. Answer is no .
Old Dec 28th 2019, 9:26 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
I can answer that ax afriend stored lots for his daughter. Answer is no .
That's good to know, I think I'll diversify my investments. You don't wan't to put all your eggs into one basket. That would be silly.

Last edited by Oink; Dec 28th 2019 at 9:39 am.
Old Dec 28th 2019, 9:29 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
You don't won't to put all your eggs into one basket. That would be silly.
Unless they're Fabergé eggs. Having lots of them isn't silly.
Old Dec 28th 2019, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Went into Morrisons today, just needed milk and a Lettuce, half of the store was closed, there was no salad bar, cooked meat section, fishmongers, butchery or hot food section, and many of the other shelves were almost empty, I assume that they don't pay for shelf stackers to come in early. Smallest bill I've ever had, milk, Lettuce and loaf of bread, £1 49.
That's cheap!
Old Dec 28th 2019, 12:15 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pica
That's cheap!
The loaf was reduced, from £1 to 30p and I only buy the small milks as it's only for one.
Old Dec 28th 2019, 12:55 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Christmas dinner in Deer Lake:
https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/n-l-co...source=twitter
Old Dec 28th 2019, 1:46 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
That's nice
Old Dec 28th 2019, 11:46 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Went to our Zoo's "wild lights" evenings tonight. Should have been last night but freezing rain postponed it.

Plenty of animals around to see and various light displays. Nice to have a wander in the evening air and not too chilly. Stopped off for a meal on the way home. East Side Marios. The kids have always liked that place. Nothing special in my eyes and a tad expensive for what you get.

But my Hells Kitchen Chicken was very nice. Easily the best thing I've had there.
Old Dec 29th 2019, 12:30 am
Concierge

Went to our Zoo's "wild lights" evenings tonight. Should have been last night but freezing rain postponed it.

Plenty of animals around to see and various light displays. Nice to have a wander in the evening air and not too chilly. Stopped off for a meal on the way home. East Side Marios. The kids have always liked that place. Nothing special in my eyes and a tad expensive for what you get.

But my Hells Kitchen Chicken was very nice. Easily the best thing I've had there.
Did you get the 'buy one take one home free' deal? (yes, I peeked)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.