British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Coronavirus (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/coronavirus-930602/)

MillieF Mar 25th 2020 3:37 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 
Sorry..I started that post then my phone rang Danny.

magnumpi Mar 25th 2020 4:07 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by MillieF (Post 12827014)
I see Prince Charles has now tested positive for C19. What a wonderful positive thing this would be if he comes through this unscathed- yes I know he is going to get better treatment than Joe Blow in Hackney, but it would just be a very positive note for older people who are feeling a bit targeted by this thing.

I also hope he’s OK as he didn’t get to vote to be him, and didn’t have much choice in the matter, he hasn’t spent his life down a mine but I can’t for one moment imagine it’s been especially pleasurable...I really vote that he dies in bed germ free when it’s his ‘proper’ time.

They said he is working from home. Does that mean he’s waving out of the windows

Jingsamichty Mar 25th 2020 4:23 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 
Firstly, it's reported he's only got mild symptoms... so why/how did he manage to get tested when front-line medics aren't able to get tested? Secondly, why did he leave London and travel to Aberdeenshire AFTER feeling ill? That's completely contrary to the instructions issued by HM Government.

One rule for them, one for the rest of us. Absolutely disgraceful abuse of position.

Jerseygirl Mar 25th 2020 4:25 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty (Post 12827046)
Firstly, it's reported he's only got mild symptoms... so why/how did he manage to get tested when front-line medics aren't able to get tested? Secondly, why did he leave London and travel to Aberdeenshire AFTER feeling ill? That's completely contrary to the instructions issued by HM Government.

One rule for them, one for the rest of us. Absolutely disgraceful abuse of position.

I bet most of the RF have been tested...even the minor royals...and keep being tested. Same as celebs and sports players...many have been tested with mild symptoms. Everyone else has to wait until they are nearly at death’s door.

Love the avi BTW :D

BristolUK Mar 25th 2020 5:24 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 (Post 12826790)
We get some GST credit at the moment yes, and I have no idea what the May payment will be

I saw something that said the maximum credit would be doubled. That suggests that whatever you get in April (which is a quarter of the annual amount) would be multiplied by four for the May payment. ...ish.


our income in 2019 was substantially lower vs 2018 so GST amount should go up, I think.
Don't bank on that. The year I sold the duplex my income was down (less rent as an income) from the previous year. My GST credit went down subsequently.
It makes a certain sense in that a lower income is likely to result in a lower expenditure on items attracting GST, so why should you get more back when you spent less...if you see what I mean.

Conversely - or should that be perversely? :lol: - my OAS went up.
.


Originally Posted by Jingsamichty (Post 12827046)
...why did (Prince Charles) leave London and travel to Aberdeenshire AFTER feeling ill? That's completely contrary to the instructions issued by HM Government.

At least he didn't get his dad to drive him.

Paul_Shepherd Mar 25th 2020 5:50 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Danny B (Post 12827005)
God damn, Prince Charles has been tested positive for the virus now. Hope he stayed the hell away from his parents.

Yes I hope so too.....Charles is at a vunerable age, but the Queen very vunerable, very concerning.



Originally Posted by MillieF (Post 12827014)
I see Prince Charles has now tested positive for C19. What a wonderful positive thing this would be if he comes through this unscathed- yes I know he is going to get better treatment than Joe Blow in Hackney, but it would just be a very positive note for older people who are feeling a bit targeted by this thing.

I also hope he’s OK as he didn’t get to vote to be him, and didn’t have much choice in the matter, he hasn’t spent his life down a mine but I can’t for one moment imagine it’s been especially pleasurable...I really vote that he dies in bed germ free when it’s his ‘proper’ time.

I agree Millie, I think it would help alleviate a lot of the anxiety older people have about this virus. It also goes to show that no one is exempt, this is a reminder of how infectious it is, I am sure all precautions were been put in place to protect the heir to the throne, and still he contracted it. As Danny said I hope he stayed away from his mother, which I am pretty sure he has done as contact with each other would be a direct threat to the existence of the British throne. However the rules of protocol surrounding this virus have changed so rapidly....what was ok two weeks ago is unthinkable now.

Hopefully as you say a positive outcome and this will give encouragement and hope to the older generation.

scrubbedexpat091 Mar 25th 2020 6:35 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12827083)
I saw something that said the maximum credit would be doubled. That suggests that whatever you get in April (which is a quarter of the annual amount) would be multiplied by four for the May payment. ...ish.


Don't bank on that. The year I sold the duplex my income was down (less rent as an income) from the previous year. My GST credit went down subsequently.
It makes a certain sense in that a lower income is likely to result in a lower expenditure on items attracting GST, so why should you get more back when you spent less...if you see what I mean.

Conversely - or should that be perversely? :lol: - my OAS went up.
.


At least he didn't get his dad to drive him.


You got me curious and what I have been calling GST payment isn't actually a GST payment, its BC climate action tax credit we are getting, its also handled by CRA so I just assumed it was GST. Looks like from October 2019 to present we have not gotten actual GST payment, the last one issued in July 2019.

Our only viable option going forward is to reduce costs significantly or increase income, since increasing income at the moment will be difficult reducing costs is about the only option, only way to reduce cost significantly is to find a way to move and reduce rent. Can't survive paying everything towards rent and having nothing left, but because we didn't lose a job due to this technically since I never officially started the job, doesn't appear any of the programs being announced will apply to us from what I can tell, so seems an emergency move in May if possible somewhere cheaper, go to the first place that approves us that is cheaper type deal might be the only viable option at this point.

I don't see employment happening in the near future. Just really bad timing on the new job, perfect storm of sorts.


Mandatory 14 quarantine effective midnight for any traveler entering Canada.

Hospital system us running at 68% of its capacity, they were able to free up some 3,800 beds for COVID by cancelling non-urgent elective surgeries. Hospital system typical runs at 103%.

BC officials say it's okay to go outside with same members of your household for air, and exercise but to stay away from other people.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...h-25-1.5509090


I think some of the local forums must have a lot of landlords posting, so much support for landlords by so many posters. News flash having mass eviction of renters wont help the situation.





Jerseygirl Mar 25th 2020 6:36 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 
When the Queen was whisked away, it was revealed that a member of her household (Buck House) had tested positive for the virus. AFAIK that was the reason she vacated.

CanadaJimmy Mar 25th 2020 6:39 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 
Another video, this time from Pindex, a project similar to Kurzgesagt – In a Nutshell but with the voice talents of Stephen Fry:

BristolUK Mar 25th 2020 8:57 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 (Post 12827127)
You got me curious and what I have been calling GST payment isn't actually a GST payment, its BC climate action tax credit we are getting, its also handled by CRA so I just assumed it was GST. Looks like from October 2019 to present we have not gotten actual GST payment, the last one issued in July 2019.

That's a bit odd. If it's paid quarterly and the first payment revised according to the previous year's income is July, then I'd expect July to be the first payment at the new rate. If income for 2019 was too high to get the payment then I'd expect there to be no July payment.

I would think it more likely that October and then January payments were GST as well as the other credit.

Because NB upped the HST a few years ago, as well as the usual GST credit, NB gives an extra credit. Both credits are processed by CRA but you wouldn't know that from the deposit details on my bank statement. It is shown separately on my CRA account. Perhaps your CRA account might show GST separately to the carbon one?








scrubbedexpat091 Mar 25th 2020 9:26 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12827220)
That's a bit odd. If it's paid quarterly and the first payment revised according to the previous year's income is July, then I'd expect July to be the first payment at the new rate. If income for 2019 was too high to get the payment then I'd expect there to be no July payment.

I would think it more likely that October and then January payments were GST as well as the other credit.

Because NB upped the HST a few years ago, as well as the usual GST credit, NB gives an extra credit. Both credits are processed by CRA but you wouldn't know that from the deposit details on my bank statement. It is shown separately on my CRA account. Perhaps your CRA account might show GST separately to the carbon one?

Looking at previous deposits during the time both GST and climate action credit were both being deposited, its just 1 deposit combining them both and the only description on the bank is EFT deposit gov't of Canada.

CRA statement breaks it down, GST shows nothing has been paid since the last one posted above and all the deposit amounts are exactly what the BC climate credit is so there is no GST credit being deposited. I dunno how they compute it. Not like we are rolling in the cash, best year of the last decade was only 39,000 and some change total household income from all sources.


Looks like BC will place a hold on evictions and may provide up to $500 to assist people in paying rent.

Waiting for details to be reported.

Doesn't sound like people on disability who lost their supplemental income from employment will be getting much if any additional help and without supplemental employment income a lot of people on disability wont have sufficient funds to cover their rent and other expenses, going forward life is going to be very stressful, not sure how we will make end to be honest.

scrubbedexpat091 Mar 25th 2020 10:05 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 
BC temporarily suspends most evictions during the duration of the crises. Court ordered evictions are exempt as they are not within power of government, and in extreme cases evictions can still occur.
No rent increases allowed.
Some renters may be eligible for up to $500 supplement that will be available through BC Housing, although I have seen the specifics yet.
Landlords can now restrict access to common areas within a building such as laundry rooms or fitness facilities.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...help-1.5509636

BristolUK Mar 25th 2020 10:14 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 
The new screening process for entry (or not) to NB Liquor stores.


https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...29320d2687.jpg

scrubbedexpat091 Mar 25th 2020 10:24 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 
Wonder how many alcoholics would just say no even if sick to get their booze.

BristolUK Mar 25th 2020 10:26 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 (Post 12827241)
...there is no GST credit being deposited. I dunno how they compute it. Not like we are rolling in the cash, best year of the last decade was only 39,000 and some change total household income from all sources.

Using the Benefits calculator I just input a married couple with $39000 in 2018 in BC and this is the answer


https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...4c690e6379.png

Using 2019, the figures are $876.32. Quarterly = $141.83/$77.25

Jerseygirl Mar 25th 2020 10:32 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 (Post 12827250)
BC temporarily suspends most evictions during the duration of the crises. Court ordered evictions are exempt as they are not within power of government, and in extreme cases evictions can still occur.
No rent increases allowed.
Some renters may be eligible for up to $500 supplement that will be available through BC Housing, although I have seen the specifics yet.
Landlords can now restrict access to common areas within a building such as laundry rooms or fitness facilities.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...help-1.5509636

I’ve already posted the management of our condo downtown has closed gym, pool, party room now. Now the are limiting packages to food and meds only and will only accept 3 packages per unit per week.

scrubbedexpat091 Mar 25th 2020 10:39 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 
I can't find anything on my CRA account that breaks down how they figured it out, maybe I need to call and ask them because using that calculator and 2018 income we are getting nowhere close to what their calculator says, its way lower, but then maybe they don't take disability into account and that affects things, I really don't know, I just assume CRA knows what they are doing.


scrubbedexpat091 Mar 25th 2020 10:45 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12827263)
I’ve already posted the management of our condo downtown has closed gym, pool, party room now. Now the are limiting packages to food and meds only and will only accept 3 packages per unit per week.

Strata's here have done that as well in some buildings. Today's announcement only pertains to dedicated rental buildings where all units are owned by the same person.

Our strata is still letting deliveries in, no way they can stop it really without hiring 24/7 security to sit in the lobby stopping deliveries. They have said no big deliveries like furniture or appliances though and no contractors unless an emergency. Suppose they could shut off the intercom system, but then that would be a safety issue in the event someone needed emergency help or is isolated and needs food delivered. I can't think of anyway they could really enforce a no delivery except food/medication without hiring someone to sit in the lobby to stop it.



Jerseygirl Mar 25th 2020 10:50 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 (Post 12827267)
Strata's here have done that as well in some buildings. Today's announcement only pertains to dedicated rental buildings where all units are owned by the same person.

Our strata is still letting deliveries in, noway they can stop it really without hiring 24/7 security to sit in the lobby stopping deliveries. They have said no big deliveries like furniture or appliances though and no contractors unless an emergency.

same here regarding contractors and no real estate viewings. Not sure what happens when you sell your unit. A neighbour a few doors away has sold and is due to move 7 April. Also don’t know what happens about tenants moving in and out. At the condo building there is someone moving in or out practically every day.

scrubbedexpat091 Mar 25th 2020 11:03 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12827272)
same here regarding contractors and no real estate viewings. Not sure what happens when you sell your unit. A neighbour a few doors away has sold and is due to move 7 April. Also don’t know what happens about tenants moving in and out. At the condo building there is someone moving in or out practically every day.

Appears our building is letting people move in and out, there was a moving truck here yesterday with someone moving out. No units listed for sale on the realtor website so don't think that is an issue in this building at the moment.

scrubbedexpat091 Mar 25th 2020 11:16 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 
42 new cases for a total of 659 now in BC, 1 new death.

At the Haro Park Centre care home in Vancouver 27 staff and 28 residents have tested positive now.


64 now in hospital with 26 in ICU.


Cheltonian Mar 26th 2020 1:11 am

Re: Coronavirus
 
So a guy in China has just died of the Hantavirus so is there another problem coming our way

scrubbedexpat091 Mar 26th 2020 1:15 am

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Cheltonian (Post 12827330)
So a guy in China has just died of the Hantavirus so is there another problem coming our way

We have had cases in North America over the years, 700 something in the US since the mid 90's, Canada mostly in the west has had a hundred some odd cases over the years, so its not exactly unheard of in US/Canada and for the most part doesn't transmit human to human except one, I don't think it will be a major threat, cases pop up from time to time over the years.

Cheltonian Mar 26th 2020 1:29 am

Re: Coronavirus
 
700 cases in 25 odd years is not alot but i expect most of those are from within the local comunities and were dealt with by the locals themselfs by eradicating the rat problem. Lets hope the Chinese people are as vigilant as those in the western world, But as you say its not transmitted human to human YET

Atlantic Xpat Mar 26th 2020 1:45 am

Re: Coronavirus
 
Big jump in cases in Nfld. to a total of 67 presumptive cases. All being treated at home, none requiring hospitalization. 44 of those cases came from people attending a wake at a local funeral home which a person with coronavirus also attended. 13 of those work at the local Canada Post plant which has been shut for 2 days as a result. If that ain't an advert for social distancing/isolation I don't know what the hell is!

As I contemplated the Cauliflower from California that I cooked tonight, I pondered the shit show south of the border. I fear for the food supply chain to Canada when Italy-but-scaled-up-to-300m-people occurs.

Jingsamichty Mar 26th 2020 1:46 am

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 (Post 12827257)
Wonder how many alcoholics would just say no even if sick to get their booze.


All of them.

carcajou Mar 26th 2020 2:37 am

Re: Coronavirus
 
Premier Anastacia Palaszczuk announces Queensland schools will be pupil free from next week.

Jerseygirl Mar 26th 2020 2:49 am

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by carcajou (Post 12827350)
Premier Anastacia Palaszczuk announces Queensland schools will be pupil free from next week.


is Queensland in Canada now? :lol:

carcajou Mar 26th 2020 3:08 am

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12827351)
is Queensland in Canada now? :lol:

Ha. Too many threads just called "Coronavirus" now.

sid nv Mar 26th 2020 3:46 am

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty (Post 12827046)
Firstly, it's reported he's only got mild symptoms... so why/how did he manage to get tested when front-line medics aren't able to get tested? Secondly, why did he leave London and travel to Aberdeenshire AFTER feeling ill? That's completely contrary to the instructions issued by HM Government.

One rule for them, one for the rest of us. Absolutely disgraceful abuse of position.

So the privileged twat is now spreading it about in Scotland. I suppose to be fair, he is distancing himself from mum and dad.


dave_j Mar 26th 2020 4:13 am

Re: Coronavirus
 
I suppose this was entirely predictable...
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/25/polit...rus/index.html
If the virus doesn't get you your neighbour will....
or...
With the s**tstorm that's become the USA perhaps they're preparing to invade Canada...

scilly Mar 26th 2020 4:15 am

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 (Post 12827333)
We have had cases in North America over the years, 700 something in the US since the mid 90's, Canada mostly in the west has had a hundred some odd cases over the years, so its not exactly unheard of in US/Canada and for the most part doesn't transmit human to human except one, I don't think it will be a major threat, cases pop up from time to time over the years.

It's much more common than you think!

It is one of the things we were warned about when we were looking for cottages to buy in the interior of BC. The warning was that any cleaning sweeping etc in any cottage, cabin, sheds etc should only be done while wearing a good mask and safety goggle, continually.spraying water over the floor as you sweep so no dust would rise, and having loads of fresh air coming in.

The hantavirus is in the droppings rats leave behind, and is viable for a long time. Disturbing those droppings allows the virus to spread through the air.

For that reason, when we did buy our cabin, we asked to seller if he could arrange to have the attic cleaned out. He wanted to sell it to us, so he agreed ............ it turned out not only to be be full of rat droppings, but a pack rat nest that he told us was about 12' long. It took 2 pick-up truck loads to get all the vegetation from that to the local dump (50 kms away).

We ourselves were always very careful when cleaning that cabin.

Literally everyone up there knew to take care when cleaning out an area that had not been occupied or cleaned for a long time.

dbd33 Mar 26th 2020 4:17 am

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by dave_j (Post 12827372)
I suppose this was entirely predictable...
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/25/polit...rus/index.html
If the virus doesn't get you your neighbour will....
or...
With the s**tstorm that's become the USA perhaps they're preparing to invade Canada...

I'm glad to have lots of ammo. Y'all don't know when them city folk are gonna work out where eggs used to come from when there were supermarkets. Anyone coming on ma land in an Audi is gonna get it.

Oink Mar 26th 2020 4:25 am

Re: Coronavirus
 
Not taking any chances.
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...7baa864af8.jpg

Oink Mar 26th 2020 4:36 am

Re: Coronavirus
 
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...8a2a1096c9.jpg
Vancouver is taking draconian measures to protect children.

scrubbedexpat091 Mar 26th 2020 5:42 am

Re: Coronavirus
 
They finally got around to putting some info on the BC Housing website.

Full info as to rental housing with the announcement today straight from the government.

- The new temporary rent supplement will provide up to $500 per month, paid directly to landlords.
- Halting evictions by ensuring a landlord may not issue a new notice to end tenancy for any reason. However, in exceptional cases where it may be needed to protect health and safety or to prevent undue damage to the property, landlords will be able to apply to the Residential Tenancy Branch for a hearing.
- Freezing new annual rent increases during the state of emergency. (rental increases this year was initially capped to 2.5%)
- Preventing landlords from accessing rental units without the consent of the tenant (for example, for showings or routine maintenance), except in exceptional cases where it is needed to protect health and safety or to prevent undue damage to the unit.
- Restricting methods that renters and landlords can use to serve notices to reduce the potential transmission of COVID-19 (no personal service and allowing email).
- Allowing landlords to restrict the use of common areas by tenants or guests to protect against the transmission of COVID-19.


If this thing cools down by May, we may see about moving in with MIL, seems about the only viable option even though it would not be pleasent We are seeing if the landlord has any wiggle room for us, we can pay rent if we don't eat, but if we want food we can't continue paying rent in full. I never expected things to get this ugly this fast, and not sure there is anything I can do to fix it, stressful times we live in.





scrubbedexpat091 Mar 26th 2020 4:59 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 
The BC rent supplement eligibility will be up within the next 1 to 2 days according to BC Housing.

Doubtful we will be eligible for it though.

We did notify our landlord we have placed a stop payment on the check for April as so far they have not been willing to work with us and we cant use 97% of income just on rent and not be able to access food and basic household needs.

Never thought it would be a virus that would lead to us losing everything.

Also thinking might be best to cancel renters insurance and just take the risk, seems fairly small risk overall in the big picture not to have it, there is no legal requirement to have it nor any requirement in the lease to have it.

CanadaJimmy Mar 26th 2020 5:55 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 (Post 12827609)
The BC rent supplement eligibility will be up within the next 1 to 2 days according to BC Housing.

Doubtful we will be eligible for it though.

We did notify our landlord we have placed a stop payment on the check for April as so far they have not been willing to work with us and we cant use 97% of income just on rent and not be able to access food and basic household needs.

Never thought it would be a virus that would lead to us losing everything.

Also thinking might be best to cancel renters insurance and just take the risk, seems fairly small risk overall in the big picture not to have it, there is no legal requirement to have it nor any requirement in the lease to have it.

Evictions are officially suspended. Just refuse to leave. The landlord took on the risk with the housing investment and no investments are without risk.

Also check out the federal Emergency Benefit, you should try applying for it *April 6th. It should cover you if you don't qualify for EI. There's some discussion on it here: https://britishexpats.com/forum/cana...enefit-931916/

scrubbedexpat091 Mar 26th 2020 6:14 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy (Post 12827627)
Evictions are officially suspended. Just refuse to leave. The landlord took on the risk with the housing investment and no investments are without risk.

Also check out the federal Emergency Benefit, you should try applying for it *April 6th. It should cover you if you don't qualify for EI. There's some discussion on it here: https://britishexpats.com/forum/cana...enefit-931916/

It's the disability income that will likely mean not being eligible for the federal programs, but disability without supplemental income from working isn't enough. I haven't seen any mention of changing the rules around disability where they will allow people to get help from another government source, under the rules anything received from another government source is deducted from disability dollar for dollar, which is why EI for example isn't of use to those on disability if they lose their job, it doesn't provide any additional income as disability will deduct dollar the EI amount from disability. So say 1,000 in disability and $1,000 from working for 2,000 a month normally, and rent is 1,400 a month, now the person lost their job, so now living on 1,000 a month, they can apply for EI and say EI provides $400 a month, disability will deduct $400 from the 1,000 so now the person gets $600 from disability and $400 from EI for a net total of 1,000 so they still can't pay their rent.

It's impossible to find rentals for the amount provided to those on disability so just about everyone on disability not in subsidized housing has to pay all or most of their disability just on rent, and try and have supplemental income form working when they can. Rental amount provided for the disabled is $375 for a single and $570 for a couple, and well those are not realistic amounts in the current rental market.

I just don't have high hopes any of these programs will help those of us on disability who lost their employment or chance at employment in my case, I was just about to start a new job, within days when this all started, and then it was just delayed a few weeks so I still had hope, but now its been cancelled outright with no indication if/when it may happen in the future.

Yes for now we are safe from eviction but it will ruin our reference and eventually they will be able to evict us for not payment, the government isn't going to just let people not pay and keep that restriction in place forever and the second landlords can evict again they will all rush to evict anyone behind on their rent.

Maybe one of these federal programs will help but time will tell at this point.


https://globalnews.ca/news/6735937/c...grEINy9DRtCJO4

BC will ban the resell of certain things during the state of emergency, such as food, medical supplies, ppe and other essential equipment.

Municipal by-law officers will also be given the power to enforce public health orders by issuing fines or arresting.





scrubbedexpat091 Mar 26th 2020 10:10 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 
More details on the new rules/enforcement in BC
  • People who ignore public health orders can now be jailed or fined upward of $25,000. Bylaw officers have been given the power to fine and arrest those ignoring orders,
  • Reselling essential supplies like food and cleaning material is now prohibited. Will face up to 1 year in jail or 10,000 fine or both.
  • The province is intervening to ensure the supply of food and medical supplies is secure.
  • Municipal states of emergency have been suspended.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...ders-1.5510677

"co-ordinate the distribution of vital goods and services in the province. Retailers and suppliers must now report to the unit on inventory of critical supplies, including medical supplies for frontline workers. Bylaws that restrict the delivery of goods to certain times of the day are being suspended."


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:18 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.