Cannabis

Old Jul 29th 2020, 5:26 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cannabis

Originally Posted by Cheltonian
I use cannabis to help me sleep, but i got so fed up with the inconsistences in strength from the govt store that i decided to make my own. I get high thc Indica strains that are aprox 28% from "my man" and i make infused coconut oil using the crock pot, and a tincture using 100% Everclear. i find both equally as good. i usually get 1/4 lb and use half for each. Both can be stored in the freezer until needed. i make the coconut oil into pieces the size of cadburys buttons (the small ones!!) keep a couple of dozen in the fridge (so they dont turn to liquid) put the rest in the freezer. I use the tincture when i am travelling as it does not need to be kept cold as does the coconut oil. Both are so easy to make, the tincture takes about an hour to decarb the weed then into a mason jar with the everclear pop it in the freezer shake it up every day and its ready to consume in 3 weeks, the longer you leave it the stronger it gets. The coconut oil takes about 24 hours in the crock pot (after decarb) on low and is ready to use straight away. The govt store is a rip off on quality and price, and their packaging is way OTT but that is just the opinion of an old Pot Crock.
Exodus 30:23-25
  • 23 Take thou also unto thee the chief spices, of flowing myrrh five hundred shekels, and of sweet cinnamon half so much, even two hundred and fifty, and of Kaneh bosem two hundred and fifty,
    24 and of cassia five hundred, after the shekel of the sanctuary, and of olive oil a hin.
    25 And thou shalt make it a holy anointing oil, a perfume compounded after the art of the perfumer; it shall be a holy anointing oil.
  • https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0529093125.htm
Old Jul 29th 2020, 8:25 pm
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Done some more research and currently reading about CBD in relation to neuropathic pain and how different forms of CBD (possibly with THC) are relevant according to the individual's pattern of pain.

For occasional, sudden onset I'm reading that the dose needs to be in response to attack rather than preventative, with the specific recommendation that a vaporizer is best (followed by absorption - spray or drop under tongue) as inhaled CBD takes effect within a minute or two while ingested takes 30 to 90 minutes but is longer lasting.
Beware of marketing (as ever). I spent a while today trawling my supplier's website, but can no longer find the material that I saw 18-ish months ago.

These particular people are currently saying that vaping CBD will give a faster uptake than ingesting oil (either by capsule entering the digestive system or sublingual drops) but that although the initial take up may be faster, the beneficial effect drops off equally quickly.

We've mentioned this before: Gordon put a thread up a while back, I rambled a bit on another thread here.

I'm in agreement with Pollyana, I just don't see CBD as a quick fix for acute pain.

But for help in coping with longer term chronic pain, the transdermal patches/plasters have really helped.
Old Jul 29th 2020, 9:47 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy
Beware of marketing (as ever)..
Of course. My last post was based on information on medical sites - diabetes in particular - and have no (obvious) connection to suppliers. No offers, no recommendations no links to suppliers etc and they were even saying that research indicates very limited benefits.

It was just a little more positive when it came to sudden onset pain (neuropathic) as opposed to chronic/ongoing pain.
Old Aug 1st 2020, 2:41 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Old Aug 3rd 2020, 5:25 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by BristolUK
It was just a little more positive when it came to sudden onset pain (neuropathic) as opposed to chronic/ongoing pain.
Bristol, it could be time to have that talk with the kids about drugs, and see if they know somebody.... Government store prices are usurious, quality questionable (the only legal edibles I had were useless) and there is good pot available elsewhere, if not everywhere. Cheltonian knows what he's doing making his oil and tincture, and if you don't want to smoke or vape now isn't the time to start, but the easy way to find out if you like it is get a bag of gummies from a local star-gazer or from a grey market mail order store and give it a shot. It's a slippery slope, but time is short, lol.
Old Aug 3rd 2020, 8:00 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Bristol, it could be time to have that talk with the kids about drugs, and see if they know somebody....
They don't know anybody let alone 'somebody'...they don't go out enough. Shame for 28 and 30 but I can't force them.
...if you don't want to smoke or vape now isn't the time to start,

but the easy way to find out if you like it is get a bag of gummies from a local star-gazer or from a grey market mail order store and give it a shot. It's a slippery slope, but time is short, lol.
Thanks for suggestions.

I think I might try Omega 3. It'll work out cheaper too
Old Aug 5th 2020, 1:38 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

The quartermaster gene never leaves, it just keeps checking entitlement catalogues. I like having choices so try to keep a few different edibles and some different strains of cannabis in stock. I keep an eye on the daily sales and once in a blue moon make an order. There are some very good butterscotch hard candies around locally for not too much more money, but I think they're 30mg and I like the option of being able to cut anything over 20mg in half, so gummies it is. I've been waiting for the sour cherry ones to go on sale.

Last edited by caretaker; Aug 5th 2020 at 3:03 pm.
Old Aug 12th 2020, 4:16 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Mail call!

Last edited by caretaker; Aug 12th 2020 at 4:19 pm.
Old Aug 12th 2020, 8:26 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Mail call!
That brownie reminds me of this

Old Aug 12th 2020, 8:42 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by Danny B
That brownie reminds me
#notabrownie

This hash was on sale for $5/gram and I thought "Hell, I was paying $6 in high school", so ordered a half oz for $70. I haven't had any in a few years.

Last edited by caretaker; Aug 12th 2020 at 8:48 pm.
Old Aug 12th 2020, 9:55 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

#notabrownie

This hash was on sale for $5/gram and I thought "Hell, I was paying $6 in high school", so ordered a half oz for $70. I haven't had any in a few years.
Jeez, I haven't seen hash like that since I was 17. Nice find.
Old Aug 12th 2020, 9:57 pm
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Dribbling now...
Old Aug 14th 2020, 2:57 pm
Tea Drinker

Hell yeah - the green covid cure.

https://thesource.com/2020/05/18/new...e-coronavirus/

Old Aug 14th 2020, 3:07 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by Danny B
Cannabis
The main difference between then and now seems to be the disclaimer at the bottom saying that there has been a lot of disagreement with the study.
I think it could be one of those "keeping the elephants away" things, and difficult to prove what causes the reduction in infections.
Old Aug 17th 2020, 3:23 pm
Tea Drinker

My kind of PSA.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.