Cannabis

Old Jul 28th 2020, 2:59 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cannabis

Originally Posted by BristolUK
The drop/tincture versions might prove cheaper in the long run but the initial outlay is at least 6 times as much.
Am I on the right lines?
Tincture is expensive. The 2 bottles I found would have cost $80 each over the internet.
Old Jul 28th 2020, 3:22 pm
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

This talk of gummies has made me look. I have occasional diabetic foot pain - more what I'd call a tingle but at its worst is of a stabbing nature and makes it hard to get to sleep. Acetaminophen is usually enough but occasionally not. I have Oxycodone 5/325 left from root canal treatment and I've been using those - halved - when needed which has been about once a month. But they won't last forever.

Obviously I'd be looking at pain relief rather than getting high. And occasional use rather than daily.

A little reading here and there leads me to believe it might be worth trying something loaded on the CBD side. On the NB site - infuriating in that every click (even 'load more') - takes me back to the top and I have to scroll all the way back to where I was and the filters are not the least bit helpful - I found pineapple orange gummies 10mg CBD, zero THC. $7.50 for a pack of 2 or $11.99 for two packs. But out of stock on line. The shop's not particularly convenient. There was something similar in the chocolate line.

The drop/tincture versions might prove cheaper in the long run but the initial outlay is at least 6 times as much.

Am I on the right lines?
I would say that "And occasional use rather than daily." doesn't fit with CBD, it's very definitely not instant.

Now there, you might want to look at something with THC, it may not help with the pain, but it will distract you.

That from very, very old memories...
Old Jul 28th 2020, 3:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Watch out for Cannabis-induced psychosis.
Old Jul 28th 2020, 5:12 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Tincture is expensive. The 2 bottles I found would have cost $80 each over the internet.
Some on NB were $36 (30 ml) and up.. Maybe just a case of discovering whether there's more doses from that than the gummies (or capsules)?
Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy
I would say that "And occasional use rather than daily." doesn't fit with CBD, it's very definitely not instant.
I looked at a bunch of reviews on different sites and my conclusion was very much quick working. I would guess it depended on the dose and the pain level. Presumably the delivery means too.

If there was a criticism in the reviews I saw it was that they didn't notice the high. Hardly surprising with zero or tiny THC

Old Jul 28th 2020, 5:33 pm
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

I looked at a bunch of reviews on different sites and my conclusion was very much quick working. I would guess it depended on the dose and the pain level. Presumably the delivery means too.
That I find a bit odd. Although (in addition to the two points you mention), it would also depend on an agreed understanding of the term "quick working". I'll look to see if I can dig out an English language "user guide" sent by my Dutch CBD suppliers, but they were saying multiple days before experiencing any benefit in pain reduction.

If there was a criticism in the reviews I saw it was that they didn't notice the high. Hardly surprising with zero or tiny THC
Journalists hah?

Love 'em or hate 'em, you sure can't trust 'em.
Old Jul 28th 2020, 5:41 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

That I find a bit odd. Although (in addition to the two points you mention), it would also depend on an agreed understanding of the term "quick working".
One said 30 minutes and someone else said he "fell asleep before his show finished"

I'll look to see if I can dig out an English language "user guide" sent by my Dutch CBD suppliers, but they were saying multiple days before experiencing any benefit in pain reduction.
This is perhaps the key though. If you have arthritis or some other constant - or at least mostly present - pain, then it may well need building up to the right level of dose to see any benefit.

If it's like me, only once in a while and well short of agony, a quick dose may well do the trick. A bit like Ibuprofen is good for a sudden, occasional headache but useless for a full blown migraine.

Old Jul 28th 2020, 6:41 pm
Gloves off

One said 30 minutes and someone else said he "fell asleep before his show finished"
Then said reviewing people were on about the THC effect, not that of CBD, for sure.

This is perhaps the key though. If you have arthritis or some other constant - or at least mostly present - pain, then it may well need building up to the right level of dose to see any benefit.

If it's like me, only once in a while and well short of agony, a quick dose may well do the trick. A bit like Ibuprofen is good for a sudden, occasional headache but useless for a full blown migraine.
I had been relying on Ibu and similar for pain relief for a couple of years; when I got to the correct CBD dosage I was able to stop with Ibu and friends and my whole digestive system got a whole lot better. Win-win.
Old Jul 28th 2020, 7:14 pm
Oscar nominated

Then said reviewing people were on about the THC effect, not that of CBD, for sure.
The product though was advertised as 10mg CBD and zero THC. Although I did see a label on one of the zero THC that had something like 0.34 or whatever tiny amount.

Aren't you supposed to get high or at least mellow on the THC rather than fall asleep quickly?
Old Jul 28th 2020, 7:26 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

The product though was advertised as 10mg CBD and zero THC. Although I did see a label on one of the zero THC that had something like 0.34 or whatever tiny amount.

Aren't you supposed to get high or at least mellow on the THC rather than fall asleep quickly?
THC can help me sleep, doesn't make me sleepy exactly but mellows me out and relaxes me where I can sleep better.

Seems 10mg is about what I need to feel a high of sorts, for not using pot in years, I thought a lower dose would work....lol
Old Jul 28th 2020, 10:42 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134

I use cannabis to help me sleep, but i got so fed up with the inconsistences in strength from the govt store that i decided to make my own. I get high thc Indica strains that are aprox 28% from "my man" and i make infused coconut oil using the crock pot, and a tincture using 100% Everclear. i find both equally as good. i usually get 1/4 lb and use half for each. Both can be stored in the freezer until needed. i make the coconut oil into pieces the size of cadburys buttons (the small ones!!) keep a couple of dozen in the fridge (so they dont turn to liquid) put the rest in the freezer. I use the tincture when i am travelling as it does not need to be kept cold as does the coconut oil. Both are so easy to make, the tincture takes about an hour to decarb the weed then into a mason jar with the everclear pop it in the freezer shake it up every day and its ready to consume in 3 weeks, the longer you leave it the stronger it gets. The coconut oil takes about 24 hours in the crock pot (after decarb) on low and is ready to use straight away. The govt store is a rip off on quality and price, and their packaging is way OTT but that is just the opinion of an old Pot Crock.
Old Jul 28th 2020, 10:55 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Cheltonian
I use cannabis to help me sleep, but i make my own.
From your 'cook' method I think you need an avatar.
Spoiler:

Heisenberg

Old Jul 28th 2020, 11:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

I use cannabis to help me sleep, but i got so fed up with the inconsistences in strength from the govt store that i decided to make my own. I get high thc Indica strains that are aprox 28% from "my man" and i make infused coconut oil using the crock pot, and a tincture using 100% Everclear. i find both equally as good. i usually get 1/4 lb and use half for each. Both can be stored in the freezer until needed. i make the coconut oil into pieces the size of cadburys buttons (the small ones!!) keep a couple of dozen in the fridge (so they dont turn to liquid) put the rest in the freezer. I use the tincture when i am travelling as it does not need to be kept cold as does the coconut oil. Both are so easy to make, the tincture takes about an hour to decarb the weed then into a mason jar with the everclear pop it in the freezer shake it up every day and its ready to consume in 3 weeks, the longer you leave it the stronger it gets. The coconut oil takes about 24 hours in the crock pot (after decarb) on low and is ready to use straight away. The govt store is a rip off on quality and price, and their packaging is way OTT but that is just the opinion of an old Pot Crock.
I can't say I understand much of what you are describing here, but - I wish I lived near you because I would happily pay you a good sum to supply me!
Old Jul 28th 2020, 11:47 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I use cannabis to help me sleep, but i got so fed up with the inconsistences in strength from the govt store that i decided to make my own. I get high thc Indica strains that are aprox 28% from "my man"
Legitimate Business-man's Pharmacy; still haven't been in a government store. I make cookies out of the ABV (already been vaped) material left from using my dry herb vaporizer using about a gram per cookie to displace flour, so a finely screened weight ounce in a batch works. The problem I encounter is I can't bake 2 dozen cookies without eating 6, and that's about 4 too many.
Old Jul 29th 2020, 2:37 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

That I find a bit odd. Although (in addition to the two points you mention), it would also depend on an agreed understanding of the term "quick working". I'll look to see if I can dig out an English language "user guide" sent by my Dutch CBD suppliers, but they were saying multiple days before experiencing any benefit in pain reduction.
Th stuff I use has instructions on how to build up the dose each day, it definitely takes a few days to get any real effects. Certainly not an instant painkiller to just be taken occasionally.
Old Jul 29th 2020, 4:46 pm
Oscar nominated

Done some more research and currently reading about CBD in relation to neuropathic pain and how different forms of CBD (possibly with THC) are relevant according to the individual's pattern of pain.

For occasional, sudden onset I'm reading that the dose needs to be in response to attack rather than preventative, with the specific recommendation that a vaporizer is best (followed by absorption - spray or drop under tongue) as inhaled CBD takes effect within a minute or two while ingested takes 30 to 90 minutes but is longer lasting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.