Cannabis

Old Jan 5th 2021, 4:52 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Cannabis

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
The ban on cigarette smoking in HOA's and multi family buildings isn't solely about smell, its also about the health consequences associated with 2nd hand smoke, in the case of rentals smoke causes damages to the walls and difficulty in removing the smell.

Cabbage and other foods stink sure, but they are not a health hazard, and people tend to smoke more often than they cook cabbage or stinky foods.
Karma for your last sentence . Really made me giggle.

Yup. It is prohibited in a lot of outside places here also as well as inside buildings. It is the nuisance factor to others that don't want it blowing there way plus and more importantly the 2nd hand smoke inhalation thing.

The cabin and motel units here have notices about no stinky foods like curries out of respect to those that come after them.

It's interesting in one way though as , for me, cigarette smoke is far more intrusive and smelly that a cooking cabbage. Mind you one puts a lid on a simmering cabbage if one really has to eat a cooked one of those.

Edit ---> I should post into the Something You Have Never Done thread.

Last edited by BEVS; Jan 5th 2021 at 4:55 am. Reason: add
Old Jan 5th 2021, 5:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Another issue is smoke does get into others apartments, seeps into the hallways, and I lived in a building that allowed smoking, and the hallway stank 24/7, never encountered that with food smells.

I grew up with secondhand smoke from a parent who smoked and grandparent who smoked, and even though I never smoked myself, anytime I get a chest x-ray doctors ask how long I smoked, because my lungs have scarring, I also suffer from a chronic smokers cough and my sense of smell is fairly poor, all linked to secondhand smoke, I was around it everyday for 20 years, so I guess in a way I smoked indirectly for 20 years.

Looking online it seems I have a 20-30% higher chance of lung cancer from the exposure to second hand smoke. I also got pneumonia and bronchitis a lot as a choid and teenager, sometimes 2 or 3 times a year.
Originally Posted by BEVS
Karma for your last sentence . Really made me giggle.

Yup. It is prohibited in a lot of outside places here also as well as inside buildings. It is the nuisance factor to others that don't want it blowing there way plus and more importantly the 2nd hand smoke inhalation thing.

The cabin and motel units here have notices about no stinky foods like curries out of respect to those that come after them.

It's interesting in one way though as , for me, cigarette smoke is far more intrusive and smelly that a cooking cabbage. Mind you one puts a lid on a simmering cabbage if one really has to eat a cooked one of those.

Edit ---> I should post into the Something You Have Never Done thread.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Jan 5th 2021 at 5:08 am.
Old Jan 6th 2021, 1:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Another issue is smoke does get into others apartments, seeps into the hallways, and I lived in a building that allowed smoking, and the hallway stank 24/7, never encountered that with food smells.

I grew up with secondhand smoke from a parent who smoked and grandparent who smoked, and even though I never smoked myself, anytime I get a chest x-ray doctors ask how long I smoked, because my lungs have scarring, I also suffer from a chronic smokers cough and my sense of smell is fairly poor, all linked to secondhand smoke, I was around it everyday for 20 years, so I guess in a way I smoked indirectly for 20 years.

Looking online it seems I have a 20-30% higher chance of lung cancer from the exposure to second hand smoke. I also got pneumonia and bronchitis a lot as a choid and teenager, sometimes 2 or 3 times a year.
Yeah I remember those days as a kid, , I don't think I would like to know what state my lungs are in then! I have never smoked, but both parents smoked and so did my sister when I lived at home....so the living room was a fog. and family parties everyone one smoked as a child I used to remember saying to my mom my throat is sore - there was that much smoke! Good thing is, they say even smokers lungs quickly recover when then give it up..... so Id say we will be ok!!

Old Jan 31st 2021, 7:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting update regarding US cannabis / marijuana policy, now we have a democratic sweep.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...-senate-463816

Also, I just read that AZ - which passed legal weed in the last election - actually allowed stores to start selling this weekend. I'm headed back there in Feb so I'll be checking them out!

Question for the 'experts' ... I've been trying out 'gummies' and a 'vape pen'. I'm not really enjoying the gummies (tried indica, sativa, and blends) but the 'vape pen' was awesome - almost instant, and very pleasant, high! But it makes me cough, and I don't like the idea of 'smoking' - even though, it only takes a couple of drags! So are there other ways to get that 'fast, intense' high that you get from the vape pen using other means? I read that you can get 'drops' that go under your tongue. Any other ideas? And just how damaging is a couple of 'vape hits', from a lung perspective? I haven't smoked in 30 years ...
Old Feb 7th 2021, 9:33 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Any other ideas? And just how damaging is a couple of 'vape hits', from a lung perspective? I haven't smoked in 30 years ...
I see there are some websites up now for Arizona stores; take a look at the JARS Cannabis one and browse. All your questions about pens might be better asked someone else, as I've only tried one once. If you want to get high on tincture don't get one that's all CBD, that's just for pain. I've had 50/50 CBD/THC and it was good. For coughing you could try just not hitting it as hard, and going for 3 little ones instead... depends on your pen I suppose.
Old Feb 7th 2021, 9:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
I see there are some websites up now for Arizona stores; take a look at the JARS Cannabis one and browse. All your questions about pens might be better asked someone else, as I've only tried one once. If you want to get high on tincture don't get one that's all CBD, that's just for pain. I've had 50/50 CBD/THC and it was good. For coughing you could try just not hitting it as hard, and going for 3 little ones instead... depends on your pen I suppose.
I use the vape pen like I used to smoke a joint ... deep breath, hold as long as humanly possible ... I need to get over that habit. Interestingly, the $20 'capsule' I bought hasn't even shown a dent in contents, so these things last FOREVER!

How do you typically get high - good old fashioned 'weed' rolled in a rizzla? Is that less intense than the vape pen? Is there a reason you don't go for the vape pen? different kind of high?

I'm finding that 'practice makes perfect'; when I started 'smoking' with the vape pen, I wasn't sure I enjoyed it or not, but now I'm loving it! I think I had to re-learn how to handle it (40 year absence). Now, I just feel intensely euphoric, and can't stop laughing! I'm loving it!
Old Feb 7th 2021, 10:03 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I stopped smoking joints (for the most part) about 5 years ago in favour of the Arizer Solo dry herb vaporizer. It doesn't get hot enough to combust weed and turn it into ash, and is far easier on the lungs. While the vapour cloud doesn't smell as much as smoke, it is noticeable, so it's not as stealthy as a pen, and it takes some practice to figure out the best ways to use it.
Cannabis
Old Feb 8th 2021, 3:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I stopped smoking joints (for the most part) about 5 years ago in favour of the Arizer Solo dry herb vaporizer. It doesn't get hot enough to combust weed and turn it into ash, and is far easier on the lungs. While the vapour cloud doesn't smell as much as smoke, it is noticeable, so it's not as stealthy as a pen, and it takes some practice to figure out the best ways to use it.
Cannabis
Wow, that's some contraption! Looks like an old-fashioned Bong, which I never hear about any more! The paraphernalia used to be half the fun!

Do you have a dislike of how pens work / get you high, or is it more a case of, you want to be able to have access to the wide variety of 'strains', and that precludes pens because only a small subset of the universe of 'strains' is concentrated down to 'pen' cartridges? (hope that makes sense!).
Old Feb 11th 2021, 6:14 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Wow, that's some contraption! Looks like an old-fashioned Bong, which I never hear about any more! The paraphernalia used to be half the fun!

Do you have a dislike of how pens work / get you high, or is it more a case of, you want to be able to have access to the wide variety of 'strains', and that precludes pens because only a small subset of the universe of 'strains' is concentrated down to 'pen' cartridges? (hope that makes sense!).
That is a little portable "pinnacle" type bubbler; I have a few different bubblers up to the 14" which I use for dabbing concentrates. The shatter I'm using is typically 80% or 90% thc so it works quick like a hit on your pen. When I open a new ounce of marijuana that's pretty much the strain I'm vaping for the next month to 6 weeks, so it's nice to have the occasional change, and 3 or 4 different strains of shatter provides that. I'm just about done the oz of Amnesia, so have to decide whether to open the Pink Kush, Black Mamba, or Death Bubba.

Last edited by caretaker; Feb 11th 2021 at 6:21 pm.
Old Feb 11th 2021, 10:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That is a little portable "pinnacle" type bubbler; I have a few different bubblers up to the 14" which I use for dabbing concentrates. The shatter I'm using is typically 80% or 90% thc so it works quick like a hit on your pen. When I open a new ounce of marijuana that's pretty much the strain I'm vaping for the next month to 6 weeks, so it's nice to have the occasional change, and 3 or 4 different strains of shatter provides that. I'm just about done the oz of Amnesia, so have to decide whether to open the Pink Kush, Black Mamba, or Death Bubba.
I obviously still have a lot to learn!
'shatter' - https://weedmaps.com/learn/dictionary/shatter/ "A brittle, glasslike cannabis extract with a tendency to snap when handled. Shatter is named for its breakability, like broken glass, and is favored for its ease in handling while dabbing."
'dabbing' - "The act of inhaling vaporized cannabis concentrates through a temperature-specific heating method such as a dab rig, e-rig, or vaporizer."

So your 'daily indulgence' is basically the 'marijuana' and you have several 'shatter' varieties on hand to provide some variety. Is the 'marijuana' the real McCoy - leafy stuff? Do you need to use up the 'fresh' leafy stuff quickly before it goes off, thus precluding you from having several different strains on hand at once?

Basically, I'm enjoying the 'high' now from my vaporizing 'pen', and it has interchangeable cartridges ('pods') by 'stiiizy', so I assume I could buy half-a-dozen different cartridges (https://www.stiiizy.com/products/pods ) and get my variety that way. Looks like they have dozens and dozens of different pods! I'm currently enjoying their 'Blue Burst' Hybrid (this was the recommendation of the lady in the store).

Is there a reason you don't go down the path of these 'pods' ('terpens')? Cost? Nature of the high?

I'm heading to AZ next week. I've been told they are now open for retail sales, so I will leave my current supply here in CA, and not take the small risk of driving it across the state border. I've been told that, even though both CA and AZ are now 'legal', it's still illegal to cross the state line with marijuana so I will honor that.
Old Feb 11th 2021, 10:57 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Introduction to shatter came last spring: Cannabis
I use a propane torch to heat a titanium nail/tray on my big bubbler. I pity un-connected Americans even in legal states because they have you hooped for price. My bag of 100x40mg gummies for $210.84 came yesterday with a free gram of something called Blue Widow. I vaped it today and it's decent, but imo not as good as the pot I buy from my usual store, so this one I only use for edibles and concentrate.

Old Feb 12th 2021, 1:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Very disappointing story about the state of marijuana in LA. There are hundreds if not thousands of pot stores in LA that are NOT licensed, and the low-paid workers who staff those stores are the only ones to get arrested. The story focuses on a young guy who is an employee of a security firm, who was assigned to provide security at a retail pot store. He had no idea it was not a legal, licensed store - it had been there for ages, and operated in full view of police and the public for years. The store was raided, and he was arrested. The issue is, 'possession' has been decriminalized, but the supply chain remains mostly illegal in LA. Interestingly, this is not the case in San Francisco, so this is just a failure of local government.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...ization-467572
Old Mar 10th 2021, 5:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bought this to experiment with yesterday.

Basically, it's a concentrated oil that comes with a 'dropper'. It's best taken as drops under the tongue. Not sure what to expect yet!
Old Mar 22nd 2021, 5:15 am
Stand-up Philosopher

Bought this to experiment with yesterday.
So how is that? I've only had 2 kinds of tincture and the one that's all used up was better. It was thicker and stronger and the effects didn't take long. That was 50-50 thc/cbd and very good for pain. The thc tincture I have now is suspended in mct oil.
Old Mar 22nd 2021, 5:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Scotland's first cannabis clinic to open after regulators give green light - Daily Record

Not quite sure what i should make of this.

Maybe watching this TV series put me off the Weed ?

Murder Mountain (TV series) - Wikipedia

Last edited by scot47; Mar 22nd 2021 at 5:20 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.