September 2007 Applicants

Old May 28th 2008, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

Julie9 has a spectacular aura aboutJulie9 has a spectacular aura aboutJulie9 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: September 2007 Applicants

Hi Tina

Just plucked up the courage to call them (we were advised not to by our agent) and then i read on BE someone called them and got nowhere as they had an agent so not sure what to do now , as we were told we might not here till the end of May thought i would wait till then and make a decision to do it next week. Am i right in thinking you called them in the end?

Juliex
Old May 28th 2008, 8:01 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

For those who have agents and who are minded to contact the Department directly - either take your agent's advice to wait, or sack your agent.

If a client of mine wants to contact the Department of Immigration directly against my advice I would be asking them to sign a form 956 removing me as their appointed agent.

Best regards.
Old May 28th 2008, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

shellynelly will become famous soon enoughshellynelly will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
For those who have agents and who are minded to contact the Department directly - either take your agent's advice to wait, or sack your agent.

If a client of mine wants to contact the Department of Immigration directly against my advice I would be asking them to sign a form 956 removing me as their appointed agent.

Best regards.
alan can you tell me what harm it would cause for us to ring the immi dept ourselves
Old May 28th 2008, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Julie9
Hi Tina

Just plucked up the courage to call them (we were advised not to by our agent) and then i read on BE someone called them and got nowhere as they had an agent so not sure what to do now , as we were told we might not here till the end of May thought i would wait till then and make a decision to do it next week. Am i right in thinking you called them in the end?

Juliex
Yes Julie I did call them. Our file was with the DM for 3 months but that was mainly because we had problems with a step child but when that was sorted we were still waiting asked agent if I can call and was told there was nothing stopping me but they may not tell me anything.

When I called I was told our file was with the CO and was awaiting to go to a DM Which was confusing so asked the person at ASPC why this was but she couldn't tell me and said if I hadn't heard anything within 2-3 weeks to get my agent to chase it.

I phoned Jane (poor girl don't know how she put up with me) and she said she would leave it for 2 weeks then contact them but she did email them the day before I called to give them a nudge. Well one of them worked cos next day she rung me to tell me the visa had been granted.

IMO if you phoned ASPC all the time yes they will get peed off but if you just call the once after a long wait like yours I don't think it could harm. But if you are unsure why don't you call Graham maybe he can help out and put your mind at rest I found him very helpful and he may even call ASPC for you.

Good luck

Tina xx
Old May 28th 2008, 12:53 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shellynelly
alan can you tell me what harm it would cause for us to ring the immi dept ourselves
Because it is discourteous to take such action without informing your agent. I consider we are engaged to deliver an outcome for our clients - if our clients consider it necessary to take matters into their own hands the relationship has clearly broken down.

Best regards.
Old May 28th 2008, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

Julie9 has a spectacular aura aboutJulie9 has a spectacular aura aboutJulie9 has a spectacular aura about

Hi Tina

I am going to wait as our agent has a reminder in their diary to send a chaser email at the end of the month, then i will give Pippa a ring to see if they object to me giving the aspc a call , if they object then we will try to be patient and wait for the out come of their chaser email.
It wouldn't be so bad if we didn't need to validate at the end of July but as the time is getting on we are a bit tense( my OH can only get leave at this time)

Juliex
Old May 28th 2008, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

blakey1 has a brilliant futureblakey1 has a brilliant futureblakey1 has a brilliant futureblakey1 has a brilliant futureblakey1 has a brilliant futureblakey1 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Have you guys not thought of ringing ASPC? I know they won't tell you much if you have a agent but it might give them a nudge

Best of luck

Tina x
hey tina the agent sent an enquiry email 2and half weeks ago and has had no reply , has snet 4others and had replies within 3 days , so we both stumped as to why we not had a reply from our co, cant phone as you know form the eamil i sent you i just have to hope something happens.

blakey1
Old May 28th 2008, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

lainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wandathecat
Sounds like a plan!!!!

Where in Watford are you, I was a student there, used to live in West Watford near the hospital.

Cx
I live the other side of Watford now near Abbotts Langley, but I lived in West Watford by Tolpits lane and went to Westfield secondary school many years ago. I still have friends down that end of Watford, Years ago I use to clean the hospital at night ( theatres) and I had both my children there
its not changed much just got more expensive housing wise
Old May 30th 2008, 6:22 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

What is this thread is doing on page 4?? Anyway. Finally I am in Sydney, what a trip that was. Starting from the Championship League final in MOscow (banana legs ) then losing a bag with three designer suits on the way to Singapore then having a romp through the great Singapore sale only to find out that there are no suits my size - one dam size too small. Then a sniff dog has a sit near one of my bags in Sydney airport and it gets ripped through by quarantine - nothing was in it, but better safe than sorry. Finally I can't get an internet at my temp. apartment ex. for Azure WiFi which is an extortion not a service. BUT. I am finally here and hope to the rest of the bunch still waiting for their visas to hear from their CO soon with the good news, it is worth every nerve cell.

Sorry, rambling, too excited.
NJ
Old May 30th 2008, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

blakey1 has a brilliant futureblakey1 has a brilliant futureblakey1 has a brilliant futureblakey1 has a brilliant futureblakey1 has a brilliant futureblakey1 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by newjersey
What is this thread is doing on page 4?? Anyway. Finally I am in Sydney, what a trip that was. Starting from the Championship League final in MOscow (banana legs ) then losing a bag with three designer suits on the way to Singapore then having a romp through the great Singapore sale only to find out that there are no suits my size - one dam size too small. Then a sniff dog has a sit near one of my bags in Sydney airport and it gets ripped through by quarantine - nothing was in it, but better safe than sorry. Finally I can't get an internet at my temp. apartment ex. for Azure WiFi which is an extortion not a service. BUT. I am finally here and hope to the rest of the bunch still waiting for their visas to hear from their CO soon with the good news, it is worth every nerve cell.

NJ

congratulations on arriving safe and sound , now the real adventure begins, keep us all posted , this is on page 4 becasue we still all still waiting for the lovely news , hasnt been a grant for ages.

good luck
blakey1
Old May 30th 2008, 6:39 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

LOL NJ
Well done on finally getting to Oz though
You sound really excited
Hope things work out with your suit!!!!!
Beth x x
Old May 30th 2008, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by newjersey

NJ
NJ we love to hear your ramblings haha

Sounds very exciting keep us updated it gives us who are waiting to sell our houses and waiting for visa's there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Bugger about the suits. Enjoy Sydney

Tina xx
Old May 30th 2008, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

cheltaz is a jewel in the roughcheltaz is a jewel in the roughcheltaz is a jewel in the roughcheltaz is a jewel in the rough

hey guys and dolls...ive been recently trying to get all things organised for the big move in 2weeks!!but cant find a definate answer to one of my questions thats bugging me.....is my uk driving licence valid in oz???i have come across many answers but many contradict the other??any help wud be magic.
mikey
Old May 30th 2008, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cheltaz
hey guys and dolls...ive been recently trying to get all things organised for the big move in 2weeks!!but cant find a definate answer to one of my questions thats bugging me.....is my uk driving licence valid in oz???i have come across many answers but many contradict the other??any help wud be magic.
mikey
It is valid for 2 months I believe. After that you need to use your Australian one (which you would have applied for shortly after arriving )

HTH
Nadine
Old May 30th 2008, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by aus2be
It is valid for 2 months I believe. After that you need to use your Australian one (which you would have applied for shortly after arriving )

HTH
Nadine
our freinds went to brisabne last year , it took ten mins to change there british licence to an aus one , my mate was amazed at how easy it was.

blakey1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.