September 2007 Applicants

Old Jun 12th 2008, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

blakey1 has a brilliant futureblakey1 has a brilliant futureblakey1 has a brilliant futureblakey1 has a brilliant futureblakey1 has a brilliant futureblakey1 has a brilliant future
Default Re: September 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by Julie9
Hi all

We received an email (got all excited until i opened it) from our agent this morning ,they had received a reply to their inquiry sent on Fri ,it said final checks are currently being undertaken and once completed the CO will contact you if they require anything else ,it is estimated that these will take about 4 weeks! I cant believe we were told the end of May and now its going to be the middle of July:curse: i have read a few times today that the word is they have reached their quota for the year and i'm beginning to think we may have been at the end of last years queue!!!!!!!

Julie
</IMG></IMG>
hi julie god i know how you feel we were told end of april to mid may tooo , we still waiting , the decision maker has had our file for almost 14 weeks , we were told they would sign off the case after 4-8 weeks

so depressed

we had virtually the same response form the enquiry , all papers are recieved waiting for the releveant departments to come back to them as soon as in position to finalise will thank you for your patience.

i have been told by a friend who knows a friend who works in the DIAc that skilled visa are taking 14-18 months to process .

god hope thats not correct

my agent says we will know by august but i not holding my breatrh anymore jsut given up hope at the mo so not disapointed when dont hear for another week .

hope we both get the news we want soon

blakey1
Old Jun 12th 2008, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Julie9 has a spectacular aura aboutJulie9 has a spectacular aura aboutJulie9 has a spectacular aura about

Hi blakey1

I hope your agent is wrong with the time scale, we were asked have our meds in Nov and i dont fancy having them again because the time has run out! The rumour going round about the quota being reached seems more likely now and we cant do a thing about it .
Our agents have done all they can so we must sit it out an wait i guess
Our turn will come and we can look forward to the stress of moving. We have a house to sell so then the nightmare will really begin, cant wait

stay positive!!!!!!!

Lainey congrats on being added to the app wont be long now

Julie x
</IMG></IMG>
Old Jun 13th 2008, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Oz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really nice

Julie/Blakey,

Just to let you know, Alan Collett has had confirmation today (see August thread) that, whilst the processing has slowed, they are in fact still processing to grants.

I hope you hear something soon.

Good luck,

Colin x
Old Jun 13th 2008, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Julie9 has a spectacular aura aboutJulie9 has a spectacular aura aboutJulie9 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks Colin

here's hoping we will get some news soon

Julie x
Old Jun 13th 2008, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

lainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nice

Thanks Colin
Thats at least good news.

I am hoping to get my medicals posted in the next couple of days. Trust me to a get a doctor that only works Fridays !!

Has there been any movement at Immigration?
Old Jun 13th 2008, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

blakey1 has a brilliant futureblakey1 has a brilliant futureblakey1 has a brilliant futureblakey1 has a brilliant futureblakey1 has a brilliant futureblakey1 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lainey70
Thanks Colin
Thats at least good news.

I am hoping to get my medicals posted in the next couple of days. Trust me to a get a doctor that only works Fridays !!

Has there been any movement at Immigration?
good news indeed , my agent said the same thing two weeks ago about august being processed so there may be light at the end of this very long tunnel , congrats lainey on being put on the oh application hope the meds go well .

thought the unluckiest day might have been our luckiest but alas not to be.

hold our breaths for another week

blakey1
Old Jun 13th 2008, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

lainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nice

Can you believe it!
The doctor who only works Fridays went home early as she was not well or
something!
I now have to phone on Monday to see what has happened about my medical
I'm not being mean and I hope she gets better soon.... like next Friday!
But If she hasn't signed them off that will be another week that they have sat waiting in the tray. I had them done 3 weeks ago and got all the other stuff to her on Monday.
By the the way the receptionist who deals with the medicals only works till 1. .

Do you think in another life they could have been Case Officers
I think its a thing with Fridays I have.
Whats the bet we get our visas on a Friday !
Well we waited 7mths for a CO, a few days wont make difference and the DM are on a go slow, so really in the scheme of things its not a disaster.
Old Jun 13th 2008, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

Can you believe it!
something!
But If she hasn't signed them off that will be another week that they have sat waiting in the tray. I had them done 3 weeks ago and got all the other stuff to her on Monday.
By the the way the receptionist who deals with the medicals only works till 1. .

Well we waited 7mths for a CO, a few days wont make difference and the DM are on a go slow, so really in the scheme of things its not a disaster.
Old Jun 13th 2008, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

Can you believe it!
something!

Old Jun 13th 2008, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

What a bugger but you really must stop repeating yourself its one of the 1st signs of madness. The 1st signs of madness
Old Jun 13th 2008, 7:37 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

LOL.....deja vu....
Beth x x
Old Jun 14th 2008, 3:53 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Congrats on being added to the visa application!!!!!

Not sure about when we have to be in Oz regarding citizenship........I'm trying my bloody hardest to sell my house so we can go asap. Hope I don't blow my chances of citizenship if I can't move to Oz for 18 months It says on our visa we have until 13th Oct to validate.....and then Nov 2012 to enter.
Beth x x
awright, in a really abbreviated version - you become eligible for citizenship after spending 4 years there. Our 175-176 visas have 5 year vailidity **for travel** in and out of Oz. If you do not intend to leave Oz, no need for another visas or even passports - as the visa says you are permitted to remain there indefinitely.

So say you did not spend enough time there to qualify for citizenship by the Nov2012 (and I sure as hell hope you sell your house very soon, but for argument sake), then if you want to leave Oz for any reason after that (like holiday in Bali or else) you will need to have obtained a RRV before you went - otherwise you will be in for a surprise at the border.

RRV in itself is a 5 year visa, and as a rule is granted if you can demonstrate "substantial ties" to Australia. Which pretty much means if you spent less than 2 years there, it may be very difficult to get.

So basically it boils down to your travel plans going forward - obviously if you arrive at the near end of your residency visa, you will be able to stay, but not travel until you qualify for RRV. Quite risky proposition, I'd say, because most of us leave some family behind. As a minimum, if you do not wish to disrupt your ability to travel, you need to settle there within 3 years from the visa grant - then you can get a fairly automatic RRV at the end of your current visa, and in total 5+5 years of the both 175/176 and the RRV I am pretty sure you will muster up 4 continuous years to get yourself a passport with a roo&emu on the coat of arms.

Phew, what an abbreviation that was, eh?

NJ
Old Jun 14th 2008, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by newjersey
awright, in a really abbreviated version - you become eligible for citizenship after spending 4 years there. Our 175-176 visas have 5 year vailidity **for travel** in and out of Oz. If you do not intend to leave Oz, no need for another visas or even passports - as the visa says you are permitted to remain there indefinitely.

So say you did not spend enough time there to qualify for citizenship by the Nov2012 (and I sure as hell hope you sell your house very soon, but for argument sake), then if you want to leave Oz for any reason after that (like holiday in Bali or else) you will need to have obtained a RRV before you went - otherwise you will be in for a surprise at the border.

RRV in itself is a 5 year visa, and as a rule is granted if you can demonstrate "substantial ties" to Australia. Which pretty much means if you spent less than 2 years there, it may be very difficult to get.

So basically it boils down to your travel plans going forward - obviously if you arrive at the near end of your residency visa, you will be able to stay, but not travel until you qualify for RRV. Quite risky proposition, I'd say, because most of us leave some family behind. As a minimum, if you do not wish to disrupt your ability to travel, you need to settle there within 3 years from the visa grant - then you can get a fairly automatic RRV at the end of your current visa, and in total 5+5 years of the both 175/176 and the RRV I am pretty sure you will muster up 4 continuous years to get yourself a passport with a roo&emu on the coat of arms.

NJ
Thanks for that NJ.
That was quite a simple abbreviation!
Its not that simple to explain sometimes.
I remember it only use to be 2 years but they put a stop to that as some people where trying to abuse the system. I dont blame them. After all look at all the time and effort everyone puts in try to get over there, only then to stay 2 years become a citizen and come back to the uk, I think it started to cause a empty void of Australia thinking they had more people than they thought maybe. !
Its been a hassle to reply back to people this week with the servers, so i hope this gets sent.
Cant beleive my doctor went sick on Friday have to wait till monday to see if my medicals were sign off, if not I have to wait till Friday again! me and Bloody Fridays.
Well every one is still waiting for CO, DM and houses to sell, I will wait for my doctor to get back to work
Old Jun 14th 2008, 12:49 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newjersey

NJ
Thanks for the abbreviation NJ

Think I get it now.......I've almost used up the first year since the visa grant just waiting for the house to sell.......still no joy......so we have to validate instead to keep the visa active for another 4 years.

So.....visa granted Nov 07.......expires completely (if validated) Nov 2012.......so I really need to move to Oz by Nov 2010 at the very latest to then be able to get an RRV which would cover us for another 5 years.....hence enabling us to clock up enough years (4 in total.......2 years left on the 175 plus the first 2 years of the RRV) to be permitted to apply for citizenship.

Or......I have to emigrate by this Oct to have the full 4 years in Oz on my 175 visa.

Geez.........and I thought I'd been through enough hassle just to get the visa already

Good luck with docs Lainey

Beth x x
Old Jun 14th 2008, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Thanks for the abbreviation NJ

Think I get it now.......I've almost used up the first year since the visa grant just waiting for the house to sell.......still no joy......so we have to validate instead to keep the visa active for another 4 years.

So.....visa granted Nov 07.......expires completely (if validated) Nov 2012.......so I really need to move to Oz by Nov 2010 at the very latest to then be able to get an RRV which would cover us for another 5 years.....hence enabling us to clock up enough years (4 in total.......2 years left on the 175 plus the first 2 years of the RRV) to be permitted to apply for citizenship.

Or......I have to emigrate by this Oct to have the full 4 years in Oz on my 175 visa.

Geez.........and I thought I'd been through enough hassle just to get the visa already

Good luck with docs Lainey

Beth x x
Thanks Beth.
I didn't want to stress you out just wanted to make sure you had enough time on your visa!
Really feel for you on the house front. Its just something that is out of your hands.
I was watching morning T.V last week as I'm still of work and they had a programme on about people holding open days to try and sell there house. It did work for a few, but one lady had no bugger turn up to look!
I would just go to look at the house for the free champagne she was giving out!
good luck.x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.