September 2007 Applicants

Old Dec 5th 2007, 9:05 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: September 2007 Applicants

The weather in Townsville in August is fabulous!!! The thing that put me off was the wet season....

Watching telly here in the UK one night... young chap dressed in Boarding shorts, clinging to a tree as the torrent of floods swept not a foot below him.... then he was rescued by helicopter.

Apparently this was a 'flash flood' Can you imagine

But, I did like it when we were there!

Ali x
Old Dec 5th 2007, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

iwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to all

Originally Posted by alipally
The weather in Townsville in August is fabulous!!! The thing that put me off was the wet season....

Watching telly here in the UK one night... young chap dressed in Boarding shorts, clinging to a tree as the torrent of floods swept not a foot below him.... then he was rescued by helicopter.

Apparently this was a 'flash flood' Can you imagine

But, I did like it when we were there!

Ali x
Hi Ali,
Was just thinking the same of the flash floods in the uk just recently
sharon
Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:05 am
Edi-Tsv-Bne-Edi-Bne-?

Fejaouk will become famous soon enoughFejaouk will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by iwilldoit
Hi Ali,
Was just thinking the same of the flash floods in the uk just recently
sharon
However I think the chance of cyclones and flash floods are worth the risk of living in paradise! 327 days of sunshine and rarely gets below 15c

Why do people continue to live in places like Miami Florida? Cause the risk is worth living in such a lovely place, same for Townsville.

Scottie x
Old Dec 5th 2007, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

George1 will become famous soon enoughGeorge1 will become famous soon enough

Morning everyone, no change for me but I know of 2 other 175 visa grants this week on another forum!!

Maybe we'll see some more CO's and visa grants in the next week?

Natalie
Old Dec 5th 2007, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to all

morning all, just catching up - nothing for us today!

congratulations to everyone with meds finalised, hopefully there will be a surge of grants soon - fingers crossed

vicky

hopefully we're off to perth but melbourne has looked pretty tempting since we started this whole process so not definately decided yet

vicky
Old Dec 5th 2007, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Morning

Isn't it lovely weather outside, we'll be thinking of Trish, Beth and Sharon soon to be in the sunshine!
And hopefully some others joining soon after
We're off to Hobart area, Tas but if probs with getting the right job may go to Adelaide area which we also liked very much. So still quite open at the moment.
Fingers crossed for some more good news tomorrow for those waiting.

Sam
Old Dec 5th 2007, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

sinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Morning

Isn't it lovely weather outside, we'll be thinking of Trish, Beth and Sharon soon to be in the sunshine!
And hopefully some others joining soon after
We're off to Hobart area, Tas but if probs with getting the right job may go to Adelaide area which we also liked very much. So still quite open at the moment.
Fingers crossed for some more good news tomorrow for those waiting.

Sam
Morning All,
Well we've nothing to report either as I can't check anything anyway (paper app) but I am hoping the meds have been finalised as they were received at the start of Nov
We are heading to Adelaide - never been before but it looks lovely, been to Brisbane but felt the climate in Adelaide would suit us better. Have also been tempted by Hobart though too and have been in contact with a guy who was looking for IT people there so thats always an option too

Friday tomorrow so hopefully someone else will have news this week

Sinead
Old Dec 5th 2007, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

George1 will become famous soon enoughGeorge1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sinurt
Morning All,
Well we've nothing to report either as I can't check anything anyway (paper app) but I am hoping the meds have been finalised as they were received at the start of Nov
We are heading to Adelaide - never been before but it looks lovely, been to Brisbane but felt the climate in Adelaide would suit us better. Have also been tempted by Hobart though too and have been in contact with a guy who was looking for IT people there so thats always an option too

Friday tomorrow so hopefully someone else will have news this week

Sinead
We are going to Brisbane. My brother is in Gladstone (Central Qld) so we'll stay with him while OH flies to Bris for interviews.

I'm "secretly" hoping he'll get a job in Gladstone!!

Natalie
Old Dec 5th 2007, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

iwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Fejaouk
However I think the chance of cyclones and flash floods are worth the risk of living in paradise! 327 days of sunshine and rarely gets below 15c

Why do people continue to live in places like Miami Florida? Cause the risk is worth living in such a lovely place, same for Townsville.

Scottie x
Hi
Have to agree with you there, and now we are getting flash floods in england and hurricanes id rather risk these things in the heat
sharon
Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

cheltaz is a jewel in the roughcheltaz is a jewel in the roughcheltaz is a jewel in the roughcheltaz is a jewel in the rough

YEEEESSSSSS MEDS HAVE BEEEN FINALISED!!!!!!JUST CHECKED UPDATE PAGE OF CHANCE AND KACHING!!!

what even more shocking is that they were faster than royal mail to tell me!!!(that they had received)

Last edited by cheltaz; Dec 5th 2007 at 10:10 pm.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheltaz
YEEEESSSSSS MEDS HAVE BEEEN FINALISED!!!!!!JUST CHECKED UPDATE PAGE OF CHANCE AND KACHING!!!

what even more shocking is that they were faster than royal mail to tell me!!!(that they had received)

Good news!!
Another step forward to the finish line

Sam
Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

cheltaz is a jewel in the roughcheltaz is a jewel in the roughcheltaz is a jewel in the roughcheltaz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Good news!!
Another step forward to the finish line

Sam
indeed!its wierd how even such a small step can send me bouncing around the living room!no c/o no visa but still send me scally!lol keep out my way when i get visa!!
Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:17 pm
Jelly-Belly, tbh

FluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of light

Ladies and Gents, can I get your opinion on something? When our application changed to 'being processed further' all of our docs were set to MET except for 'Evidence of Specific Work Experience' for the main applicant and spouse, and 'Evidence of Work Experience' for spouse.

With regard to the pieces of spouse evidence, I don't believe they are required as we are applying under Stew's skills and not mine and with regard to the 'Evidence of Specific Work Experience', that is covered by the evidence we supplied for his 'Work Experience' - when we uploaded those docs, we selected 'other' type of document and renamed them to 'Evidence of Work Experience AND Specific Work Experience'.

Our meds went straight from required to finalised on 27 November but are still showing as 'Further checking required' on the documents page. I assume all this means is that our file hasn't been looked at for a while.

We have had no contact from a CO but DIAC confirmed in a response to an email of yonks and yonks ago that our file was with a CO.

I am worried that our CO is waiting for us to upload these documents before he puts our file forward for final assessment. We've been reluctant to email until the Processing Times move on at least 2 weeks from the date we submitted but they've been stuck on 21st September for about 5 weeks now.

Anyway, sorry for rambling but what I'm getting at is do you think we should attempt to contact our CO for clarification or just hold our patience and keep waiting???

I had a horrible dream last night that they changed the format for the Status Pages and I logged on to find the outstanding docs had been marked REFUSED and that we didn't get the Visa.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

AHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud of

If you've already provided the documents, but your case officer is requesting them again I suggest you send them again.

What evidence did you send for Specific Work Experience?
Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:24 pm
Jelly-Belly, tbh

FluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by AHamm
If you've already provided the documents, but your case officer is requesting them again I suggest you send them again.

What evidence did you send for Specific Work Experience?
A very detailed 10 page reference covering his employment for the past 3 1/2 years and a copy of his latest payslip. It has all the info required as per the detail on the 175 Checklist.

The CO hasn't specifically asked for more evidence - we have had no contact whatsoever. I'm hoping that he/she just hasn't checked the box that confirms we've satisfied the requirements but I need to be sure of this, hence why I'm questioning whether I should attempt to contact my CO.

Last edited by FluffieFaerie; Dec 5th 2007 at 10:28 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.