PCC from India (merged threads)

Old Sep 22nd 2009, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

bannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant future
Default Re: PCC from India

Originally Posted by ajt
HI friends
got my PCC today
should I upload the scanned copy of the page of my passport which has the PCC seal on it along with the PCC certificate or only the PCC certificate?thanks in advance
Cheers
It's better to scan and upload both, that's what I did.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ajt
HI friends
got my PCC today
should I upload the scanned copy of the page of my passport which has the PCC seal on it along with the PCC certificate or only the PCC certificate?thanks in advance
Cheers
Just upload PCC its enough.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 5:34 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

Submitted passports to Hyd RPO last Wed but so far no local policeman has come to my place to verification. I had some questions:
1. How and where can I followup to know where my passports are lying?
2. Will the local policeman ask for witnesses also to be physically present or they will just call them or nothing.

Does police people first call you when they are about to come to your place, because I'm mostly at office, incase they missed me, how to tackle this?

Another tip from my experience in PCC: If your spouse is also applying
1. Make sure you get all equivalent address proof for the spouse. Don't rely on marriage certificate, get all proofs.
2. Try to get govt deptt address proofs, private proofs like Internet, phone bills (if not BSNL) doesn't work
3. Alone HR letter address proof doesn't work

I had a tough time submitting PCC request letter, so make sure you are well prepared before you hit the RPO.
Old Sep 30th 2009, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

ash4aus is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everybody, I've been assigned a CO finally and today I completed my meds for my family. I had a doubt though: are dependents like parents and siblings also required to undergo meds in case they are included in your application as "Dependents"? I've asked the panel doctor here in Bangalore and she like many others said that it's not required. But just wanted to double check with you guys.

I've done quite a bit of searching on how to get fingerprints done in Bangalore. If any of you noble souls would care to share their experiences on this matter, I'd be really grateful. BTW, I would need these fingerprints sent for both USA and UAE PCCs.

Eagerly awaiting your replies...

Cheers!
Old Oct 1st 2009, 8:08 am
Just Joined

Loveoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mpgrewal
Submitted passports to Hyd RPO last Wed but so far no local policeman has come to my place to verification. I had some questions:
1. How and where can I followup to know where my passports are lying?
2. Will the local policeman ask for witnesses also to be physically present or they will just call them or nothing.

Does police people first call you when they are about to come to your place, because I'm mostly at office, incase they missed me, how to tackle this?
If you had police verification done on the passport you submitted in RPO in the last 4 years, then you will receive your passport with out police verification with in a week. If not it will take as much it takes. I have been waiting for my PCC for the past 33 days and still have not received my PCC.

I have provided answers below assuming that the police verification is needed and your passport is issued in Hyderabad and you have been living in Hyderabad currently.

1. Your passports will be there in RPO only. RPO will only send the Personal particular forms (PPF) to Saifabad police station (Opposite to IMAX). They will then feed the details in the computer and from there it will go to the Zonal head office of your area. From there the designated police person who normally does the verification collects these forms at least once in 2 days. Mind it Zonal head office will not send the PPF to local police station, it is the designated local police person who collects from Zonal office time to time. See http://www.hyderabadpolice.gov.in/ to find out which zone your area falls under. Saifabad enquiry is open from 3 pm to 5 pm and they will tell if they received your PPF for from RPO, the zone they sent the PPF, the name and mobile no of police who would come for verification, if they received back the police report back and if they sent the report to RPO.

2. You will have to be physicall present during the police check. Since you will get the police mobile no from Saifabad police station, you can actually fix the appointment with him. Don't forget to pay Police generously. This is important. Just ask him if he is happy with the money you paid him. If he is hesitating, keep on putting 100 rs until you see a smile in his face.

Once the police verfication is done the Police person will directly submit the forms to Saifabad police station and from then the report will be immediately despatched to RPO. I came to know time lines Saifabad police station follows. Once they received PPF form from RPO, they will not send the police report only after 11 days. This means even if they receive the police report from local police with in 11 days, they will wait until 11 days is reached and send them. I am not sure what fun they have in doing this.

You can as well do the passport verification status as per Saifabad police station records in http://www.hyderabadpolice.gov.in/Main/PassVer.htm but the data is too old. So I would prefer you to find out the status from the counter rather than in web site.

I have gone through enough pain and frustration already and every time I face these kind of situations with the govt I feel happy to have decided to move to oz. Once I receive my passport, I wish I would never have to deal with the corrupt, lazy and dishonest indian govt staff. Please ask if you have any more questions. I have done enough research on this topic and I am sure I can guide others on this.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ash4aus
Hello everybody, I've been assigned a CO finally and today I completed my meds for my family. I had a doubt though: are dependents like parents and siblings also required to undergo meds in case they are included in your application as "Dependents"? I've asked the panel doctor here in Bangalore and she like many others said that it's not required. But just wanted to double check with you guys.

I've done quite a bit of searching on how to get fingerprints done in Bangalore. If any of you noble souls would care to share their experiences on this matter, I'd be really grateful. BTW, I would need these fingerprints sent for both USA and UAE PCCs.

Cheers!
* Not required parents/Sisters/brothers are not your dependents.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

santosh_gj is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers!
Ash4aus,

You might need to start your fingerprinting process in bangalore asap, because the whole process of getting fingerprinting done might take anywhere from 1 week to 2 weeks to be able to sent to US FBI.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Rodger_lawson is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ash4aus,
you can do the fingerprinting in two different ways. directly approach your local police station and ask for their help to fingerprint. often you'd be faced with policemen unwilling to do it.
Approach the commissioner's office directly and they'd ask you to pay a fee using the SBM challan etc. and take down your request and pass it on to your local police station. And then approach your police station and get your fingerprints tajken. then it is sent back to the commissioner's office and you go collect it there. this process in itself would take anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks.

i was lucky to do the first way. Santosh has done the second way. pls seek his help if you need any info.

good luck!

Cheers!
Old Oct 1st 2009, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

Great reply LoveOz. So stupid of me that I didn't apply for PCC the day I put my application into DIAC. As my passport is not local to Hyd, so I may expect 3 months to get PCC, all DIAC rules will change by then, and I will be in soup again...

What a vicious circle getting PCC from India is. Now I have a bigger reason to migrate out of here.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 3:59 pm
ajt
Forum Regular

ajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really nice

Great reply LoveOz. So stupid of me that I didn't apply for PCC the day I put my application into DIAC. As my passport is not local to Hyd, so I may expect 3 months to get PCC, all DIAC rules will change by then, and I will be in soup again...

What a vicious circle getting PCC from India is. Now I have a bigger reason to migrate out of here.
hi grewal
you could have taken your PCC from your local RPO...becoz DIAC needs PCC from India ...thats it
anyways ...since you have applied...hope u get it soon
cheerz
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 1:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ajt
hi grewal
you could have taken your PCC from your local RPO...becoz DIAC needs PCC from India ...thats it
anyways ...since you have applied...hope u get it soon
cheerz
Hi ajt but heard its a crime. By rule, you have to get it from your current place(if you are staying more than 9 months). So hiding information that you are staying somewhere else can put you in trouble esp for the immigration thing.

Yes I agree with you that local is fast.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 6:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi ajt but heard its a crime. By rule, you have to get it from your current place(if you are staying more than 9 months). So hiding information that you are staying somewhere else can put you in trouble esp for the immigration thing.

Yes I agree with you that local is fast.
There is no crime unless you have some pending case in any jurisdiction. PCC from RPO is required for DIAC
Old Oct 4th 2009, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by helloshivahere
There is no crime unless you have some pending case in any jurisdiction. PCC from RPO is required for DIAC
I have finally managed to get the fingerprints taken by our local police station, which costed me Rs 1000 bribe to the writer (crime). Anyways, now that I have the fingerprints, I would need to get it attested by the state home ministry. Please could someone share relevent experiences on this regard?

Has anyone else any contacts of agents who would help me with attestations from MEA and UAE Embassy in Delhi? Any experiences shared on this again would be greatly appreciated.

Thirdly, I also need to send the fingerprints to USA. Does anyone know how much should I pay them in addition to the PCC fees for courier charges or do they send it via USPS? Can I have the results sent to my relative who is currently in US? Please share your experiences.

Thanks a ton!

Cheers.
Old Oct 4th 2009, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

I have finally managed to get the fingerprints taken by our local police station, which costed me Rs 1000 bribe to the writer (crime).
Thats huge amount. Should have started from Rs. 100. You should see the advt of Jaago-Re "kyun ke hum khilate hain"
Old Oct 4th 2009, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

Thats huge amount. Should have started from Rs. 100. You should see the advt of Jaago-Re "kyun ke hum khilate hain"
We're talking about shameless blood suckers... at the end of the day our job was done. I could have revolted but just think about visiting that God foresaken place 3-4 times with your wife and kids just to get your job done in case you didn't pay...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.