PCC from India (merged threads)

Old Sep 8th 2009, 4:32 am
Forum Regular

bannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant future
Default Re: PCC from India

Did anyone get their passport re-issued under tatkal scheme? I would like to know what documents are required in case the old passport is still valid
Old Sep 8th 2009, 5:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Rodger_lawson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bannie
Did anyone get their passport re-issued under tatkal scheme? I would like to know what documents are required in case the old passport is still valid
the only way you can get a new passport when the current one is still valid for > 1 year is, if any of the details have changed. Change in your name, address, add spouse's name etc..

if you are applying for change in any of the above, you'd need appropriate proof for the change.
E.g>To Add spouse's name: Marriage Certificate as well as copy of spouse's passport if available.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

bannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Rodger_lawson
the only way you can get a new passport when the current one is still valid for > 1 year is, if any of the details have changed. Change in your name, address, add spouse's name etc..

if you are applying for change in any of the above, you'd need appropriate proof for the change.
E.g>To Add spouse's name: Marriage Certificate as well as copy of spouse's passport if available.
Rodger, my passport is expiring in April 2010 and I want to get the evidencing done on my new passport. No change in address, name, etc.

Last edited by bannie; Sep 8th 2009 at 7:30 am. Reason: Edit
Old Sep 8th 2009, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

supriyag123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rodger_lawson

But I thot you can apply for a new passport if all the pages are consumed already?
Old Sep 8th 2009, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

ronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to all

Not necessarily.

There is actually a difference between Passport "Re-Issue" and Passport "Renewal". An Indian Passport can be renewed any time from one year before, to six months after the actual date of expiry. There need not be any change in the circumstances (like marriage, address change etc.).

On the other hand, a new Passport will be issued only in case of old passport getting expired after 10 years.

The process to Renew or Re-issue a passport is almost the same. Following gives some more info on this:

http://www.mumbaispace.com/passport/...rt-renewal.htm

A link from the Govt. website:

http://passport.gov.in/cpv/faq.htm
Old Sep 8th 2009, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

ronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to all

Rodger, my passport is expiring in April 2009 and I want to get the evidencing done on my new passport. No change in address, name, etc.

You mean your passport is getting expired in April 2010. You can "Renew" your passport right now. Absolutely no problem with that. Refer to the link below for more info on the process:

Old Sep 8th 2009, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by supriyag123
But I thot you can apply for a new passport if all the pages are consumed already?

If you passport is still valid and all the pages are consumed, you technically "Renew" you passport, but don't apply for a new one.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ronan_in_Oz
You mean your passport is getting expired in April 2010. You can "Renew" your passport right now. Absolutely no problem with that. Refer to the link below for more info on the process:

Yeah mate I meant April 2010 it was a typo, I found the following information on RPO website;

What is the difference between Re-issue and Renewal of a passport?
Ans. Passports are Re-issued after the expiry of their 10-year validity period.If you had been issued a Short Validity Passport (i.e. a passport of validity less than 10 years) apply for renewal to extend the normal validity of the existing passport to 10 years. In the case of Re-issue of passport a normal fee of Rs.1000/- will be charged whereas for extending the validity (renewal) no fee is charged.

So I guess I need to get my passport re-issued. Since I already hold a valid passport with no change in any of the details mentioned on it, I am assuming that I should be able to secure a new one with minimal paper work. Can some one clarify this?
Old Sep 8th 2009, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Rodger_lawson is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah mate I meant April 2010 it was a typo, I found the following information on RPO website;

Ans. Passports are Re-issued after the expiry of their 10-year validity period.If you had been issued a Short Validity Passport (i.e. a passport of validity less than 10 years) apply for renewal to extend the normal validity of the existing passport to 10 years. In the case of Re-issue of passport a normal fee of Rs.1000/- will be charged whereas for extending the validity (renewal) no fee is charged.

So I guess I need to get my passport re-issued. Since I already hold a valid passport with no change in any of the details mentioned on it, I am assuming that I should be able to secure a new one with minimal paper work. Can some one clarify this?
yes.. if there is no change, all you'd need is address proof (they always need this) and the application form & pp forms in duplicate. however, there won't be any police check required this time. hence, you'd get it in anywhere from a week to 2 weeks time in regular processing itself. if you go tatkal, the same documents along with twice the fees and other documents related to Tatkal (a statement as to why you need tatkal, someone such as magistrate stating they vouch for you etc..) would be required.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

milano is an unknown quantity at this point

HI Bannie,

I am also preparing to lodge passport application for re issue passport as my old passport gonna expire in 2010. As per my knowledge u dont need to produce any documents unless there is changes in ur circumstances u just need to attach ur old passport with ur application whihc will be given after the issue of new passport. This process will take less than 1 month without tatkal scheme as ur Old passport is yet to be expired and there is no need for police verification for re issue ur passport. The application charges are Rs.1000/-.

Cheers
Old Sep 8th 2009, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by milano
HI Bannie,

I am also preparing to lodge passport application for re issue passport as my old passport gonna expire in 2010. As per my knowledge u dont need to produce any documents unless there is changes in ur circumstances u just need to attach ur old passport with ur application whihc will be given after the issue of new passport. This process will take less than 1 month without tatkal scheme as ur Old passport is yet to be expired and there is no need for police verification for re issue ur passport. The application charges are Rs.1000/-.

Cheers
Thank you Rodger, Milano and Ronan
Old Sep 8th 2009, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

Daredevil is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I am new to this forum and I am planning to apply for Visa 175. Please let me know following information:

1. Can we (Indians) apply Visa on-line?
2. As I understand after little research online, first we need to get assessed then apply for Visa. Could somebody help me with structure (step by step process) what I need to do 1st and then in later stages.

Thanks in Advance
Help appreciated.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

maverick2050 is an unknown quantity at this point

Daredevil,

Anyone can apply online since this is not nationality specific. As long as you've got a valid credit card you should be good to go.

Since you're planning to apply for the 175, you'll need to have your skills assessed by a relevant authority, take the IELTS (It's mandatory for non UK,US,NZ,Canada,Ireland passport holders) and then apply for the visa.

You could probably get in touch with a MARA registered agent if you require assistance.

Hope this helps!

Originally Posted by Daredevil
Hi, I am new to this forum and I am planning to apply for Visa 175. Please let me know following information:

1. Can we (Indians) apply Visa on-line?
2. As I understand after little research online, first we need to get assessed then apply for Visa. Could somebody help me with structure (step by step process) what I need to do 1st and then in later stages.

Thanks in Advance
Help appreciated.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

maverick2050 is an unknown quantity at this point

I heard from one of the Bangalore One (The govt agency that accepts passport applications) centres that if you have your passport re-issued under Tatkal scheme, it's valid only for two years. I confirmed that with a travel agent too.

You should probably check that. Since you mentioned that you have not changed your address, it would be better to get your passport re-issued under the normal scheme by paying a 1000 bucks. That would take about 15 working days..

Thank you Rodger, Milano and Ronan
Old Sep 9th 2009, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

dipenpatel123 is an unknown quantity at this point

I went to get PCC from regional passport office -Ahmedabad.

They told me to get the local DSP office letter and visa letter to get the PCC.

Now if I want to font load it , what should I give them as evidence and is local DSP letter necessary?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.