PCC from India (merged threads)

Old Apr 28th 2009, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

husaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant future
Default Re: PCC time frame in India

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1
So means I have to apply through BLR passport office only? means I should not go to Jalandhar?

Please advise guys....
Per my understanding YES. If you are living in Bangalore, you should get the clearance from Bangalore. I dont undersnad why you are confused on this. It'll be easier for you to follow it up from here and you can get it within three weeks even if you dont want to follow on working days. Try to explore the option told by Shiva. Great if you can get it in one day even if your passport is issued in some other city but I doubt. And you can always go to Jalandhar to pay a visit...
Old Apr 28th 2009, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

More on this

Once u applied passport - RPO send application to local police station for police verification then PP issued unless u applied TAKKAL on special request. Police verification is not required for that.( It may waived by signed by central govt. officer whos basic pay is More than 12000 INR)

So there is already police verification done on all our passports. So if you want to get PCC RPO have ur ploice verification already. They need to issue a certificated thats it. I went to Chennai RPO morning around 7am and got my pcc around 4 pm for my Ghana and Zambia visa.

But if you applied from another RPO then they have to send ur application to the RPO where u got PCC then it might take delay simple is that. If you approch local police station then same case they need to verify your present as well as permenant residence local police stations.

But if applied from Overseas its takes a month thats a diff case. Since they need to send verification to send to India.

Last edited by helloshivahere; Apr 28th 2009 at 7:58 am. Reason: Additions
Old Apr 28th 2009, 8:42 am
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Shiva...

I just called my Agent..He is mara agent..based out of Delhi..He said..don't worry and get the PCC from Jalandhar...He said 80% people tend to get the PCC from where the passport was issued as they feel more comfortable..

And DIAC is not worried about from where the PCC was issued...they just want PCC....so I got the go ahead from my agent..

So hopefully going home next week home and sorting out this issue....

Originally Posted by helloshivahere
More on this

Once u applied passport - RPO send application to local police station for police verification then PP issued unless u applied TAKKAL on special request. Police verification is not required for that.( It may waived by signed by central govt. officer whos basic pay is More than 12000 INR)

So there is already police verification done on all our passports. So if you want to get PCC RPO have ur ploice verification already. They need to issue a certificated thats it. I went to Chennai RPO morning around 7am and got my pcc around 4 pm for my Ghana and Zambia visa.

But if you applied from another RPO then they have to send ur application to the RPO where u got PCC then it might take delay simple is that. If you approch local police station then same case they need to verify your present as well as permenant residence local police stations.

But if applied from Overseas its takes a month thats a diff case. Since they need to send verification to send to India.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

All d best. u are u on csl so ur front loading am I right?
Old May 2nd 2009, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

sanam is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Shiva...

I just called my Agent..He is mara agent..based out of Delhi..He said..don't worry and get the PCC from Jalandhar...He said 80% people tend to get the PCC from where the passport was issued as they feel more comfortable..

And DIAC is not worried about from where the PCC was issued...they just want PCC....so I got the go ahead from my agent..

So hopefully going home next week home and sorting out this issue....
All the best Aman ! Please keep us updated.
Old May 2nd 2009, 4:16 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sanam
All the best Aman ! Please keep us updated.
I changed my plans at last moment as I did not get leaves approvel .

Now last week I went to bangalore RPO abd tried to apply for the same..but those people don't tell clearly what documents they need. they need address proof..i got letter from company ..but i did not have orignal one..as HR sent it through email..so they rejected my application..so now I asked for orignal from my company.hoping to get it on Monday and den again will go to RPO..I hate it as it waste my whole day almost and I need to lie to my TL .. and den need to stay late in office to work on defects and den miss my gym alsso..i hate missing my gym...(going to see my gf very soon..so need a toned body ) ..

Anyways..I am hoping that I will apply for the PCC on Tuesday..den I am expecting to get the passport back in 4-5 weeks time..I hope I will get my passport on time..as I am travelling overseas ibn July mid..so i need passport in any condition till june mid...

What's d worst time to get PCC in india? Any Idea? my passpot was issued from Jalandhar 4 years ago and from last 9 months I am satying in BLR. in my PP form i am gonna mention only present address and permanent address...so that they don't take extra time for verification..
Old May 2nd 2009, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

husaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant future

Now last week I went to bangalore RPO abd tried to apply for the same..but those people don't tell clearly what documents they need. they need address proof..i got letter from company ..but i did not have orignal one..as HR sent it through email..so they rejected my application..so now I asked for orignal from my company.hoping to get it on Monday and den again will go to RPO..I hate it as it waste my whole day almost and I need to lie to my TL .. and den need to stay late in office to work on defects and den miss my gym alsso..i hate missing my gym...(going to see my gf very soon..so need a toned body ) ..

Anyways..I am hoping that I will apply for the PCC on Tuesday..den I am expecting to get the passport back in 4-5 weeks time..I hope I will get my passport on time..as I am travelling overseas ibn July mid..so i need passport in any condition till june mid...

What's d worst time to get PCC in india? Any Idea? my passpot was issued from Jalandhar 4 years ago and from last 9 months I am satying in BLR. in my PP form i am gonna mention only present address and permanent address...so that they don't take extra time for verification..
Hi Aman,
Which form/s did you fill man? On RPO website it's saying,
"Application Form No. 2

Application Form No. 2 is for making application for Police Clearance Certificate, Deletion of ECR Stamp, Inclusion of Spouse's name and change of address. The same Form is used for renewing a short term validity passport to its full term validity.

Personal Particulars Form (PP Form)

PP Form is used for Police Verification Report."

What is the diff between clearance and verification? It's very confusing for me.

Guys, I feel more comfortable in getting it done from Police Commissioner's office. Does anyone know for sure that it's accepatable for Australian visa? I got it done for NZL visa and they were happy to accept.

Thanx
Husain
Old May 3rd 2009, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Aman this is what I mentioned clearly If you apply from another RPO they need verify your records from ur RPO that may be the reason for delay. By the way you are travelling in July only wont take this much time.

Just ask the persons working in the dept just throw some piece of bones they might tell you what are the process involved and how can your timeline can reduce.

Thats possible man.
Old May 20th 2009, 9:27 am
Just Joined

geelara is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I live in Bangalore for last 11 years but in last 10 years - 1 year i lived @ US. Any idea on how to go about getting PCC from US for that time period?

thanks in advance!!
Old May 20th 2009, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by geelara
Hi,
I live in Bangalore for last 11 years but in last 10 years - 1 year i lived @ US. Any idea on how to go about getting PCC from US for that time period?

thanks in advance!!
You can approach US emb in India. they must have PCC service.
Old May 20th 2009, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Rodger_lawson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by geelara
Hi,

thanks in advance!!
you have to apply to the FBI using your finger print card. please do a search on this forum. this has been discussed plenty of times.
Old May 20th 2009, 11:35 am
Account Closed

Here is my update...

I applied for PCC in BLR RPO office on 7th May. They took 2 sets of documents..one for local Police station and other for my native police station.I was told that I must follow up my native police station after 7 days..coz they will recieve it in max 7 days..

I got call from local police stattion and got it cleared..they will send the file back to RPO today(hopefully)..I asked my father to get in touch with Distt police station for PCC..but surprising they have not received my file yet!!.

Now i am waiting my file to reach my native police station..I don't know how mant days it will take.. ...

Any idea?

Originally Posted by helloshivahere
Hi Aman this is what I mentioned clearly If you apply from another RPO they need verify your records from ur RPO that may be the reason for delay. By the way you are travelling in July only wont take this much time.

Just ask the persons working in the dept just throw some piece of bones they might tell you what are the process involved and how can your timeline can reduce.

Thats possible man.
Old May 20th 2009, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

Getting PCC is the most toughest part in your Visa application. Lot of corruption and time wastage is involved here. Please be aware that there's specific format of PCC which is accepted by Aus embassy..Did you tell them you need it for visa, some people submit other (I guess police verification) which gets rejected.

I would say, don't take it lightly and get all info about Indian PCC on Aus immig website. I don't know how some people are saying, its a cakewalk, you'll get in a day or week.. (you may if you are ready to spill 5k to 10k bribe) Hopping RPOs and following up..lot of frustration

Good luck and stay tight on it.
Old May 20th 2009, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

I dont agree. Its just cost only 300 and will take only a day. Do it in the same RPO.

Even here Zambia its cost only 10$ only that too 3days only. Dont go around police station or commissioner office etc, The PCC given by RPO is accepted all over the world for VISA.

I am trying nigerian PCC thats makes my life hell man.
Old May 21st 2009, 4:15 am
gak
Forum Regular

gak is an unknown quantity at this point

You will have to apply from Bangloe only. However you will need to change the address in the pass port before they issue PCC. Now a days, they do not endorse change of address, so every time you need to change, you have to apply for a fresh pass port. It takes about 45 to 60 days to get a fresh passport. Once you have the passport, you can PCC in about a weeks time.

You will have to inform the australian auhorities regarding change of passport and address if required. the formats are available on the site.

I had faced the same difficulty and I got required extention from case officer. So there is nothing to worrry on that.

Regards,

gak

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.