PCC from India (merged threads)

Old Oct 5th 2009, 3:13 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of
Default Re: PCC from India

Originally Posted by ash4aus
We're talking about shameless blood suckers... at the end of the day our job was done. I could have revolted but just think about visiting that God foresaken place 3-4 times with your wife and kids just to get your job done in case you didn't pay...
Agreed. That's the primary reason for most of us to leave India.
Old Oct 5th 2009, 4:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Rodger_lawson is an unknown quantity at this point

Ash4us,
as far as i know, you do not have to go to home ministry etc for attestation.

Also, you do not have to include any envelope. FBI sends it by US Post and India post eventually delivers it to you.

FYI, the actual service charge in UK police stations ranges from 20 pounds to 85 pounds. i inquired with the private detective agencies in Bangalore for such a service and the lowest Quote was for Rs 1000 and the highest was about 10 times that.

Originally Posted by mpgrewal
Agreed. That's the primary reason for most of us to leave India.
Old Oct 5th 2009, 7:28 am
Just Joined

ash4aus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rodger_lawson
Ash4us,
as far as i know, you do not have to go to home ministry etc for attestation.

Also, you do not have to include any envelope. FBI sends it by US Post and India post eventually delivers it to you.

FYI, the actual service charge in UK police stations ranges from 20 pounds to 85 pounds. i inquired with the private detective agencies in Bangalore for such a service and the lowest Quote was for Rs 1000 and the highest was about 10 times that.
Thanks guys.

The attestation from the home ministry, MEA & UAE Embassy is actually for the PCC from UAE for my wife.

I've had issues with the indian postal service in the past where my package got delivered after a month or so. I wonder if FBI can send it to my relative in US?

I met an agency who do the attestation from the MEA, but he's quoting a huge 5.5K for that??? Does anyone else know of anyone?

Many thanks for your responses
Old Oct 5th 2009, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

15 days since I submitted my application for PCC at Hyd RPO. Today I went to Saifabad Traffic Police station hoping they might have sent to Zonal office but was awestruck when they told me the application haven't even reached them. Whereas the RPO is saying they posted the application 10 days ago...

And both places are less than 10kms of each other. They seem to be playing games with me
Old Oct 5th 2009, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

15 days since I submitted my application for PCC at Hyd RPO. Today I went to Saifabad Traffic Police station hoping they might have sent to Zonal office but was awestruck when they told me the application haven't even reached them. Whereas the RPO is saying they posted the application 10 days ago...

And both places are less than 10kms of each other. They seem to be playing games with me
Not actually thats the way our public services operate. Jai HO
Old Oct 5th 2009, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by helloshivahere
Not actually thats the way our public services operate. Jai HO
Now a new player is involved ie. Post office. I've to start hopping one post office to another to track where my application has vanished....Never expected the system to be so cruel.

Here's the vicious loop

1. RPO sends to their closest Post Office say P1
2. P1 sends it to Saifabad post office say P2
3. P2 sends it to Saifabad traffic police station
4. Saifabad sends to another post office of Zonal Commissionner say P3 (after keeping it 15 days on their bench)
5. P3 delivers it Commissioner Office
6. From there the policeman picks it up and it rests on his bench for some days
7. The address verfication happens
Then reverse of steps 7 to 4 till it again reaches Saifabad means 4 more steps
12 to 15 - Application sent to my native Zonal Commissiner then to native police station
16. Comes back to Saifabad police station again from my native
17. They send to post office P2
18. P2 sends it P1
19. P1 sends it back to RPO
20. RPO delivers it back at your address

It can easily take 6 months if we extrapolate the fact that In 15 days it hasn't reached Step 3.

Last edited by mpgrewal; Oct 5th 2009 at 12:35 pm. Reason: explaining more
Old Oct 11th 2009, 8:19 am
Banned

Zean is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: PCC from India

Hi Guys,
Does it mention your Spouse's name in PCC From India? Or is there a field for Spouse name in your indian PCC? I need to know this, before filling the misc application form due to a spelling error in my spouse's name.

Last edited by Zean; Oct 11th 2009 at 8:23 am.
Old Oct 11th 2009, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

Loveoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Now a new player is involved ie. Post office. I've to start hopping one post office to another to track where my application has vanished....Never expected the system to be so cruel.

Here's the vicious loop

1. RPO sends to their closest Post Office say P1
2. P1 sends it to Saifabad post office say P2
3. P2 sends it to Saifabad traffic police station
4. Saifabad sends to another post office of Zonal Commissionner say P3 (after keeping it 15 days on their bench)
5. P3 delivers it Commissioner Office
6. From there the policeman picks it up and it rests on his bench for some days
7. The address verfication happens
Then reverse of steps 7 to 4 till it again reaches Saifabad means 4 more steps
12 to 15 - Application sent to my native Zonal Commissiner then to native police station
16. Comes back to Saifabad police station again from my native
17. They send to post office P2
18. P2 sends it P1
19. P1 sends it back to RPO
20. RPO delivers it back at your address

It can easily take 6 months if we extrapolate the fact that In 15 days it hasn't reached Step 3.
I understand your troubles and you got hang of the procedure very quickly !! I do not think it will take 6 months if you keep pushing on each step. I received my PCC after 8 days less 2 months. This could have been done before if there were no rains, cm chopper not crashed, 3 long weekends in a row. If you are nice (you know what I mean) to saifabad fellow, he would give his mobile no and happy to let u know the status whenever you call him.

Also among all the stops you mentioned, saifabad is quick and efficient. In my case they sent the PPF form to zonal office the same day they received from RPO and also they sent the police report on the same day they received from local police.

Last edited by Loveoz; Oct 11th 2009 at 4:20 pm.
Old Oct 12th 2009, 3:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Loveoz
If you are nice (you know what I mean) to saifabad fellow, he would give his mobile no and happy to let u know the status whenever you call him.
I have already completed this step Your detailed information has helped me a lot, thank you my friend.
Old Oct 12th 2009, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

lalitahuja is an unknown quantity at this point

I have already completed this step Your detailed information has helped me a lot, thank you my friend.
I never thought PCC is so difficult to get. I think it takes only a day. Morning you give your passport and evening u will get.

I am struggling to get my AFP. AFP replied that they have completed my application on 28th Sept and sent on following day. But not reached here till now. Don't know how many more days it will take
Old Oct 12th 2009, 6:23 am
Banned

Zean is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: PCC from India

Originally Posted by Zean
Hi Guys,
Does it mention your Spouse's name in PCC From India? Or is there a field for Spouse name in your indian PCC? I need to know this, before filling the misc application form due to a spelling error in my spouse's name.
guys, im sure some of you must have received your PCC. Can you kindly answer to my above question? Does the Indian PCC say your marital status and your spouse's name etc?
Old Oct 12th 2009, 7:23 am
Just Joined

Loveoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Zean
guys, im sure some of you must have received your PCC. Can you kindly answer to my above question? Does the Indian PCC say your marital status and your spouse's name etc?
No, it will not contain these details. You will get a letter and an endorsement on the passport. Following details will be there in the letter.

Your name
Father's name
Passport issue date
PCC issue date
Country for which you need PCC

Endorsement will contain

PCC issue date
Country for which you need PCC
Old Oct 12th 2009, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lalitahuja
I never thought PCC is so difficult to get. I think it takes only a day. Morning you give your passport and evening u will get.

I am struggling to get my AFP. AFP replied that they have completed my application on 28th Sept and sent on following day. But not reached here till now. Don't know how many more days it will take
Which world do you live in lalit. Ask from other forumers how many rounds they make to get a PCC. Even if it is a local PCC, it takes minimum one month (in Hyderabad and may be across India also).. for other state PCC, forget about it (may be 3 months)

For your AFP - go and contact the recipient office in India physically (because I'm sure they will never pickup the phone). Normally these offices keep it hidden for weeks and keep on telling you they haven't got it, until you go there and make them happy(you understood ).

Last edited by mpgrewal; Oct 12th 2009 at 9:34 am.
Old Oct 12th 2009, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

lalitahuja is an unknown quantity at this point

Anything coming through normal post is a headache . No way to track it. Nobody responsible for it. Only thing can be done is pray. You suggested another alternative. Thinking about it

Which world do you live in lalit. Ask from other forumers how many rounds they make to get a PCC. Even if it is a local PCC, it takes minimum one month (in Hyderabad and may be across India also).. for other state PCC, forget about it (may be 3 months)

For your AFP - go and contact the recipient office in India physically (because I'm sure they will never pickup the phone). Normally these offices keep it hidden for weeks and keep on telling you they haven't got it, until you go there and make them happy(you understood ).
Old Oct 12th 2009, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Rodger_lawson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lalitahuja
Anything coming through normal post is a headache . No way to track it. Nobody responsible for it. Only thing can be done is pray. You suggested another alternative. Thinking about it
mpgrewal, the local PCCs (if applied in the same RPO that issued the PP and there was no change in address), is given out on the same day. it gets complicated only when there are multiple RPOs involved and you have lived in multiple addresses in the last two years.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.