PCC from India (merged threads)

Old Oct 16th 2009, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

makeshkumar_r is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: PCC from India

I live in US. I need to get PCC from India. I already applied in San Francisco India consulate office. In the web site mentioned that it would take more than 30 days. I want to know Is there any way I can get PCC faster than that.

Can I apply in RPO office in India?

or

Can I apply in District Superintendent Of Police office?

Please let me know the procedure to apply in either Office.

Already 10 days passed. I got another 2 weeks to reply back to my CO. Please help me out.

Thanks,

Makesh
Old Oct 18th 2009, 3:45 am
Just Joined

Default Re: PCC from India

Guys,

Can anyone suggest me what to do?

Thanks,

Makesh
Old Oct 18th 2009, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

Mayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really nice

Originally Posted by makeshkumar_r
I live in US. I need to get PCC from India. I already applied in San Francisco India consulate office. In the web site mentioned that it would take more than 30 days. I want to know Is there any way I can get PCC faster than that.

Can I apply in RPO office in India?

or

Can I apply in District Superintendent Of Police office?

Please let me know the procedure to apply in either Office.

Already 10 days passed. I got another 2 weeks to reply back to my CO. Please help me out.

Thanks,

Makesh
If you are staying US, u need to get it from Indian consulate ...it might take more days depending on your personal circumstances like number of places u stayed in India and how remote they are ?in mean time u can contact CO and let him know u have applied for PCC and produce the ref number if any. CO's are usually kind hearted and will consider your plea..

FYI... Indian PCC from Aus, it takes more than 2 months... so there is no way out but just holding our nerves..

Cheers..
Old Oct 18th 2009, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

Thank you, Mayur.
I know some people in SP office in my district. I thought I could use that to get a PCC ASAP.

Would it be valid?

In 47P, it says "Non-residents can also obtain a Police
Clearance Certificate from Senior Superintendent of
Police (SSP) if there is no FRRO office in their location"

According to the above statement, I can get a PCC from SP office too? Am I right?

Thanks,

Makesh
Old Oct 18th 2009, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

Mayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really nice

Originally Posted by makeshkumar_r
Thank you, Mayur.
I know some people in SP office in my district. I thought I could use that to get a PCC ASAP.

Would it be valid?

In 47P, it says "Non-residents can also obtain a Police
Clearance Certificate from Senior Superintendent of
Police (SSP) if there is no FRRO office in their location"

According to the above statement, I can get a PCC from SP office too? Am I right?

Thanks,

Makesh
Makesh,

i'm not aware of any one who is staying outside India and getting PCC from india directly.But your quote regarding getting PCC from SSP, i remember some person whose PCC got rejected for getting from there.Just have a look here..

I suggest better wait and get the PCC from Indian Consulate.Just mail u r CO regarding this problem definitely they will provide you additional time....

Cheers...and BOL
Old Oct 19th 2009, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

Indian PCC while staying outside India normally Processed from Indian High commission but its not restricted to get it from India as well
Old Oct 19th 2009, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

Thank you Mayur, Helloshivahere for your valuable inputs. Let me try. I will post my experience.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 8:59 am
Just Joined

elementv is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I would also need to apply for PCC from outside india -UK. If anyone done the same, please share your experience about the procedure and time taken. Many Thanks
Old Oct 20th 2009, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

angelpowers is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Urgent! - PCC Vs Local Police Verificaton Certificate India

Originally Posted by helloshivahere
This is the mistake most of us do. If you approach same RPO where your passport issued will be done in the same day.

Dont worry you can explain the situation to your CO.

28 days is limit is to reply not a deadline for arrange all documents since some countries PCC will take more than 2 months.

Even PCC from Local station is acceptable but its valid for 6 months. PM me if you need more on this.
DIAC canot put restriction on PCCs on every country because they have their own rules. thats why they mentioned cleared in panel clearance prospectus
Hi,
I am in a similar situation. I was staying in Punjab for past 2 years and re-issued my passport from Chandigarh RPO. However, I am in Delhi for past 5 months.
Should I apply in Chandigarh RPO or Delhi RPO?
Also, if I apply in Chandigarh RPO, which address (Delhi or Chandigarh) should I mention?
Old Oct 20th 2009, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by helloshivahere
There is no crime unless you have some pending case in any jurisdiction. PCC from RPO is required for DIAC
I currently stay in Dlehi but my passport was issued in Chandigrah RPO.
If I apply for PCC from Chandigarh RPO, in FORM 2 (Miscellaneous services), what should I write the present residential address while seeking PCC from the Chandigarh RPO.
I am scared that if I mention Delhi address, they might just ask me to go to Delhi RPO.
Could you guide?
Old Oct 20th 2009, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by angelpowers
I currently stay in Dlehi but my passport was issued in Chandigrah RPO.
If I apply for PCC from Chandigarh RPO, in FORM 2 (Miscellaneous services), what should I write the present residential address while seeking PCC from the Chandigarh RPO.
I am scared that if I mention Delhi address, they might just ask me to go to Delhi RPO.
Could you guide?
Hi angel,
What is the problem in going to Delhi RPO when you are staying in Delhi. The catch here is : If you left Chd for Delhi from more than 2 yrs, then the enquiry will come only at Delhi. If you relocated to Delhi <2yrs back then enquiry will come at both Delhi and Chd (which is WORST)

I have heard hiding your current location and giving only native location, in order to get PCC fast, is illegal. As they say shortcuts are always dangerous:
Old Oct 21st 2009, 4:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Rodger_lawson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mpgrewal
Hi angel,
What is the problem in going to Delhi RPO when you are staying in Delhi. The catch here is : If you left Chd for Delhi from more than 2 yrs, then the enquiry will come only at Delhi. If you relocated to Delhi <2yrs back then enquiry will come at both Delhi and Chd (which is WORST)

I have heard hiding your current location and giving only native location, in order to get PCC fast, is illegal. As they say shortcuts are always dangerous:
yes. giving false information (aka hiding info) to RPO is illegal and can draw a fine of upto Rs 5000/- and jail term too if any other malicious intention was found .
Old Oct 21st 2009, 4:39 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rodger_lawson
yes. giving false information (aka hiding info) to RPO is illegal and can draw a fine of upto Rs 5000/- and jail term too if any other malicious intention was found .
Plus your COs are smart too. If you have a job in Delhi, they can easily ask why didn't you live in Delhi. And if you lived in Delhi why didn't you PCC from Delhi.

Angel - I would suggest, asking a professional advisor if you want to take it only from Chd.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mpgrewal
Hi angel,

I have been staying in Delhi for about 4 months. Before that, I was in Chandigarh for more than 2 years.
I went to Delhi RPO for PCC and they said it will take 3 months to get the PCC and advised me to go to Chandigarh RPO for the PCC.
However, I am still confused as to what should I do? Pls help.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

ozmania is an unknown quantity at this point

hi folks,
Has anyone got the PCC done from Noida, India? I just recently came back from US and am new to this place so have no clue whatsoever about which office to contact here. I have my native PCC to be done from Punjab; but since i am currently residing in Noida, i thought to get it done from here.
So, if anyone has any addresses/contacts/experiences to share reg. the PCC from Noida, i will be obliged.

On second thoughts, after reading the posts above, I am thinking if it's fine to skip the Noida PCC alltogether, and just go with my native PCC. Waiting for some responses here to see what's the risk involved.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.