PCC from India (merged threads)

Old Apr 28th 2009, 7:03 am
  #1  
Account Closed
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,116
aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PCC from India (merged threads)

Hello Guys,

Need your urgent guidance. I got my passport from Jalandhar( Punjab) in 2004. Now right now I am in Bangalore from last 9 months. Before that I had been in different places in India and sometimes even more than one year.

My problem is as below:

I applied for 175 visa on 1st march 2009. After that I applied for SS also.Hoping to get SS in few weeks times. Also If IT stays on CSL..I can hope to get the CO in next 2-3 months...may be by end of June-July..

But my problem is that I need to visit overseas for one month my personal visit. I cannot avoid it any case...have to go..its urgent...
Now I worry..If I go out or may be just before going out CO may ask for PCC (If I get CO)...den I will be screwed..as in India we need to submit our passport alongwith our PCC application.

I request Senior guys from India to guide me..how much time it will for me to get PCC..I am going to apply from BLR.

I need to apply for SA visa also and that will take maximum 15-20 days times...so it means if I get my passport back by end of June..it will be fine..means 2 months for PCC...is this possible?

How much time in indian takes for PCC? Also I am only going to mention only 2 address..one my permanent address and 2nd one my present address( I am staying here from last 9 months)..So hopefully only one verification is needed..

Please guide me..I am worried...
aman_sharma2k1 is offline  
Old Apr 28th 2009, 7:12 am
  #2  
BE Forum Addict
 
helloshivahere's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,283
helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future
Default Re: PCC time frame in India

Regarding Indian PCC its very simple. You need to apply from your regional passport office from where you got passport. Misc.service form is used for that and same day u will get it.

Second way u can apply from your local police station - But its valid for only 6 months. And its bit complicated and have to pay some ????

I got 2times PCC from Chennai PP only in one day ( Fees INR 300)

Hope its helpful
helloshivahere is offline  
Old Apr 28th 2009, 7:16 am
  #3  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 47
mgul003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: PCC time frame in India

Hi,

Firstly as you have applied on March 2009, it would be too early for you to get the CO. This is in view that the applicants of Aug 2008 have now been assigned with the CO.

However, there is no harm applying for PCC now. I have got my PCC done 15days back from the Bangalore Passport office. The procedure is as follows

1. Fill Form 2, along with the documents required
2. Submit the same at the RPO office Koramangala, bangalore (They would take your passport, as this need to be stamped with PCC verified)
3. Your application would be sent to the community Police Station which you have mentioned in the Personal Particulars form.
4. The Person incharge at your nearby police station would be calling you to be present as per the mentioned time.
5. He would verify all the documents and authencity of the same and fill certain forms which would need your signature.
6. Once done, the application would be sent to the Police Commisioner Office
7. If everything is clear, the Police Commisioner Office would sent the details to the RPO bangalore, and from there it will reach you by post.

As you have mentioned that you need to visit abraod, then this would not be possible if you apply for PCC, as your passport would be retained till the verification happens.

The maximum time it took for us is 15days, but it may vary depending upon the number of applicants.Also, as you are in Bangalore for just 9 months, they might ask you to have the verification done from other places as well.

Please note that the PCC is valid only for 6 mnths from the date of issue.

Thank you
mgul003 is offline  
Old Apr 28th 2009, 7:20 am
  #4  
ajt
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 229
ajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really nice
Default Re: PCC time frame in India

Originally Posted by helloshivahere View Post
Regarding Indian PCC its very simple. You need to apply from your regional passport office from where you got passport. Misc.service form is used for that and same day u will get it.

Second way u can apply from your local police station - But its valid for only 6 months. And its bit complicated and have to pay some ????

I got 2times PCC from Chennai PP only in one day ( Fees INR 300)

Hope its helpful
Hi Shiva ..
my passport has been issued from kerala...but im working in bangalore for the last 4 years....SO as per what you say ...i can get PCC from Kerala ...right?....but will the process get delayed because they will have to inquire with the bangalore police since my present address is in bangalore?
ajt is offline  
Old Apr 28th 2009, 7:24 am
  #5  
Account Closed
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,116
aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PCC time frame in India

Originally Posted by mgul003 View Post
Hi,

Firstly as you have applied on March 2009, it would be too early for you to get the CO. This is in view that the applicants of Aug 2008 have now been assigned with the CO.

However, there is no harm applying for PCC now. I have got my PCC done 15days back from the Bangalore Passport office. The procedure is as follows

1. Fill Form 2, along with the documents required
2. Submit the same at the RPO office Koramangala, bangalore (They would take your passport, as this need to be stamped with PCC verified)
3. Your application would be sent to the community Police Station which you have mentioned in the Personal Particulars form.
4. The Person incharge at your nearby police station would be calling you to be present as per the mentioned time.
5. He would verify all the documents and authencity of the same and fill certain forms which would need your signature.
6. Once done, the application would be sent to the Police Commisioner Office
7. If everything is clear, the Police Commisioner Office would sent the details to the RPO bangalore, and from there it will reach you by post.

As you have mentioned that you need to visit abraod, then this would not be possible if you apply for PCC, as your passport would be retained till the verification happens.

The maximum time it took for us is 15days, but it may vary depending upon the number of applicants.Also, as you are in Bangalore for just 9 months, they might ask you to have the verification done from other places as well.

Please note that the PCC is valid only for 6 mnths from the date of issue.

Thank you

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your help. YEs I am staying here from last 9 months..so I don't think they will do the police verification here..So looks like application will be sent to d passport office from where passport was issued.

One more question...the PCC certificate they issue...does it contain any sort of Address? like permanent address or present address? Anything like this? What's mentioned on PCC certificate?

One more option I have. I am going to home town in July 2nd week.I can go to my passport office and get the PCC. Is that will be fine? then also will they keep my passport with them? how may days will they take then?

Also what will be the time frame if I apply for PCC from bangalore office? I mean how many maximum days? Please guide me.
aman_sharma2k1 is offline  
Old Apr 28th 2009, 7:27 am
  #6  
BE Forum Addict
 
helloshivahere's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,283
helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future
Default Re: PCC time frame in India

Its not like when u applied ur passport already a police check has been done.
Normally passport application sent from regional passport office to criminal records division during the passport process.


So just go that regional passport office get misc.service form and give ur passport and photocopies of passport as well INR 300 by evening u will get it. Its works for me. U see I am living in past 3 years in Abroad. no verification because already police check done while we applied passport.
helloshivahere is offline  
Old Apr 28th 2009, 7:27 am
  #7  
Account Closed
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,116
aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PCC time frame in India

Originally Posted by helloshivahere View Post
Regarding Indian PCC its very simple. You need to apply from your regional passport office from where you got passport. Misc.service form is used for that and same day u will get it.

Second way u can apply from your local police station - But its valid for only 6 months. And its bit complicated and have to pay some ????

I got 2times PCC from Chennai PP only in one day ( Fees INR 300)

Hope its helpful

Hey Shiva,

You said get PCC from local Police station? Means I don't need to submit my passport for that? Will that be ok for AUS immigration? I doubt!! Also then how my passport will be stamped? Also will the certificate will same as issused by passport office and Police station?

If this is the case then it will be quite easy for me to get it..Please guide me further...
aman_sharma2k1 is offline  
Old Apr 28th 2009, 7:30 am
  #8  
BE Forum Addict
 
helloshivahere's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,283
helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future
Default Re: PCC time frame in India

As i said earlier while u are in India - Indian pcc can get in a day. I am 100% sure about it because I got PCC for Ghana and Zambia already. There is nothing mentioned in PCC except passport no and name.
helloshivahere is offline  
Old Apr 28th 2009, 7:33 am
  #9  
BE Forum Addict
 
helloshivahere's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,283
helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future
Default Re: PCC time frame in India

If u applied from Reginal passport office passport will be stamped as PCC issued for Country as on date. But if you applied from Local police station its more complicated than Reginal passport office because that guys send your application to criminal records division normally its attached with commissioner office and come back to u

But I doubt whether OZ will accept that. I think its accepted as per my agent. But why u are going for this u can apply from ur regional passport office but u need to be present with ur passport thats it.
helloshivahere is offline  
Old Apr 28th 2009, 7:33 am
  #10  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 47
mgul003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PCC time frame in India

Hi,

I would suggest you to verify from the local police station about your current situation. Pls verify the constraint you would be having if you apply from bangalore.

They would be needing Address proofs like Bank Statement, Telephone Bill, Internet Bill in your name.(Rent agreement is not valid). This is a mandate.

The PCC does not contain any address details, it just has one statement stating about the clearance, and nothing more than that along with the File No you have got from the RPO.

Whether you apply for PCC from Bangalore or any other place, the passport would be retained as the Police Supritendent incharge would be stamping with his sginature there. I applied for PCC on 9th April and I got it on 24th April.

Please note that OZ will ask the PCC through Regional Passport office itself, as mentioned in Form 47P

Last edited by mgul003; Apr 28th 2009 at 7:41 am.
mgul003 is offline  
Old Apr 28th 2009, 8:05 am
  #11  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 218
husaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant future
Default Re: PCC time frame in India

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1 View Post
Hello Guys,

Need your urgent guidance. I got my passport from Jalandhar( Punjab) in 2004. Now right now I am in Bangalore from last 9 months. Before that I had been in different places in India and sometimes even more than one year.

My problem is as below:

I applied for 175 visa on 1st march 2009. After that I applied for SS also.Hoping to get SS in few weeks times. Also If IT stays on CSL..I can hope to get the CO in next 2-3 months...may be by end of June-July..

But my problem is that I need to visit overseas for one month my personal visit. I cannot avoid it any case...have to go..its urgent...
Now I worry..If I go out or may be just before going out CO may ask for PCC (If I get CO)...den I will be screwed..as in India we need to submit our passport alongwith our PCC application.

I request Senior guys from India to guide me..how much time it will for me to get PCC..I am going to apply from BLR.

I need to apply for SA visa also and that will take maximum 15-20 days times...so it means if I get my passport back by end of June..it will be fine..means 2 months for PCC...is this possible?

How much time in indian takes for PCC? Also I am only going to mention only 2 address..one my permanent address and 2nd one my present address( I am staying here from last 9 months)..So hopefully only one verification is needed..

Please guide me..I am worried...
Hi Aman,
Lots of useful info you have already got as I see. Just my bits because I have got it done for another visa and also I'm in Bangalore. There are two ways. Either you can apply through Police Commissioner's office or through Regional Passport Office. I'm not very sure about Shiva's claim that you can get it same day from RPO because per my understanding RPO is again dependent on police to give you clearance so ultimately it comes through same route. For first option, you have to go to single window counter to PC's office on Infantry road and get a single page form. Then go straightaway to State Bank of Mysore across the Bowring Hospital (that is the only treausry branch I guess) and get 200/- challan. Fill the form, attach the challan, your residence proof and passport photcopy and submit it there. They will give receipt and enquiry form will ultimately come to your local police station usually after one week. You produce the residence proof once more and he will ask you to write an application there itself. Give him 200 bucks because they are poorly paid chaps. All done and after one week you can get it from the same window where you submitted. It is very professional and best thing is they work on saturdays as oppossed to Meds guys. So you can plan accordingly and within 3 saturdays you can get it. Please let me know if you need any other info on this because I have done this before.

Also to the query that whether you can get it done from the place where you passport was issued. You must get it from the place where you have been residing and not the place where your passport was issued. That is what the cop at infantry road told me when I asked this question to him because my passport is from Lucknow and it was lot easier for me to get it from there because my parents live there. Also, please anticipate some more delay if you apply befaore 16th may because of general elections. All are busy with poll duty and no body will look at you application till elections are done.

Thanx
Husain
husaing is offline  
Old Apr 28th 2009, 8:14 am
  #12  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 218
husaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant future
Default Re: PCC time frame in India

Originally Posted by helloshivahere View Post
Regarding Indian PCC its very simple. You need to apply from your regional passport office from where you got passport. Misc.service form is used for that and same day u will get it.

Second way u can apply from your local police station - But its valid for only 6 months. And its bit complicated and have to pay some ????

I got 2times PCC from Chennai PP only in one day ( Fees INR 300)

Hope its helpful
This sounds pretty simple to me. Let me find out more on this. Someone told me that they send the form to the police station where you live before issuing it for you. Where was your passport issued? I guess in Chennai itself that is why they issued the clearance in one day.
Thanks
Husain
husaing is offline  
Old Apr 28th 2009, 8:16 am
  #13  
Account Closed
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,116
aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PCC time frame in India

Ok...decided something now..

I am taking leaves of 5 days next week...going home. Will apply for PCC on friday( checked their site its not leave dere...)..so hope fully I should be able to get PCC on d next week...

I hope I don't have to present to collect my passport also...

I am sure I will get the PCC in 5 days times..

going home ...dere is no other way...

Originally Posted by mgul003 View Post
Hi,

I would suggest you to verify from the local police station about your current situation. Pls verify the constraint you would be having if you apply from bangalore.

They would be needing Address proofs like Bank Statement, Telephone Bill, Internet Bill in your name.(Rent agreement is not valid). This is a mandate.

The PCC does not contain any address details, it just has one statement stating about the clearance, and nothing more than that along with the File No you have got from the RPO.

Whether you apply for PCC from Bangalore or any other place, the passport would be retained as the Police Supritendent incharge would be stamping with his sginature there. I applied for PCC on 9th April and I got it on 24th April.

Please note that OZ will ask the PCC through Regional Passport office itself, as mentioned in Form 47P
aman_sharma2k1 is offline  
Old Apr 28th 2009, 8:21 am
  #14  
Account Closed
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,116
aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PCC time frame in India

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1 View Post
Ok...decided something now..

I am taking leaves of 5 days next week...going home. Will apply for PCC on friday( checked their site its not leave dere...)..so hope fully I should be able to get PCC on d next week...

I hope I don't have to present to collect my passport also...

I am sure I will get the PCC in 5 days times..

going home ...dere is no other way...

This PCC is making my life hell now...

getting panicking..looks like I must wait till July...If get CO..will explain him that I am going out of country and not possible for me to apply for PCC as they will take my passort..

I hope they will not refuse my visa if I say I will submit my PCC after few days?
aman_sharma2k1 is offline  
Old Apr 28th 2009, 8:25 am
  #15  
Account Closed
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,116
aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PCC time frame in India

So means I have to apply through BLR passport office only? means I should not go to Jalandhar?

Please advise guys....

Originally Posted by husaing View Post
Hi Aman,
Lots of useful info you have already got as I see. Just my bits because I have got it done for another visa and also I'm in Bangalore. There are two ways. Either you can apply through Police Commissioner's office or through Regional Passport Office. I'm not very sure about Shiva's claim that you can get it same day from RPO because per my understanding RPO is again dependent on police to give you clearance so ultimately it comes through same route. For first option, you have to go to single window counter to PC's office on Infantry road and get a single page form. Then go straightaway to State Bank of Mysore across the Bowring Hospital (that is the only treausry branch I guess) and get 200/- challan. Fill the form, attach the challan, your residence proof and passport photcopy and submit it there. They will give receipt and enquiry form will ultimately come to your local police station usually after one week. You produce the residence proof once more and he will ask you to write an application there itself. Give him 200 bucks because they are poorly paid chaps. All done and after one week you can get it from the same window where you submitted. It is very professional and best thing is they work on saturdays as oppossed to Meds guys. So you can plan accordingly and within 3 saturdays you can get it. Please let me know if you need any other info on this because I have done this before.

Also to the query that whether you can get it done from the place where you passport was issued. You must get it from the place where you have been residing and not the place where your passport was issued. That is what the cop at infantry road told me when I asked this question to him because my passport is from Lucknow and it was lot easier for me to get it from there because my parents live there. Also, please anticipate some more delay if you apply befaore 16th may because of general elections. All are busy with poll duty and no body will look at you application till elections are done.

Thanx
Husain
aman_sharma2k1 is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.